Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Sockser posted:

Today on the Steve Austin Show: Stone Cold interviews an alligator

With special guest Buffett E. Wind

e: ahahahaha he also reads a 419 Scam email

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah that Observer show was a letdown. Mike's questions took about 5 minutes to ask, and he'd covered so many variables within them that by the time he was done Dave would basically just go,"Yes," or,"No."

I did enjoy Dave getting the giggles about certain parts of Raw though, like the whole thing where Cena claimed HHH would try to dance his way out of answering Austin's questions.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

MassRafTer posted:

Dave rebooking Sirens was the highlight of this show.

My favorite as well. As much time as Dave has probably spent in the gym, its hard for me to imagine that he has never seen a bro overdo it on the leg press.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I think Semp has a certain reverence of Dave that makes his some of his fill-in work really awkward. It's pretty obvious how excited he still is to get the opportunity to work with him. Last night's show didn't bother me as much, but I'm also not a huge fan of Bryan and Bryan's schtick so I'm glad whenever Sempervive fills in for him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mike is really good when it's Sin Limente and they can just ramble on about whatever the hell they want, it's bad when he has to do recaps.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

Mike is really good when it's Sin Limente and they can just ramble on about whatever the hell they want, it's bad when he has to do recaps.

Agreed, though Mike bringing up The Boogeyman, pausing and just going "... why?" almost made it worthwhile this week.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

81sidewinder posted:

My favorite as well. As much time as Dave has probably spent in the gym, its hard for me to imagine that he has never seen a bro overdo it on the leg press.

I want Dave to do recaps of the brosciencelife videos

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
ahahahahahahaha

Dave and Bryan talking about "Being on the same floor as the Diaz brothers" and "it smelling like they were going to fail a post fight test"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan's response to the audio issues with Dave and Mike is BUY MORE EQUIPMENT!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Corey Graves was pretty great on the Sam Roberts Podcast today

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Just listened to Meltzer's segment on the Lapsed Fan podcast review of Wrestlemania 22. Meltzer talking about Ken Kennedy's rise and fall is really something for a few reasons. Not even Dave can remember all things that undone Ken and the order they were in. It is almost something that is forgotten now but he was a McMahon! Lost the role of a lifetime to Hornswoggle. Now he's a TNA midcarder.

achillesforever6 posted:

Corey Graves was pretty great on the Sam Roberts Podcast today

Yeah nothing revelatory but he seems well adjusted and he has fitted in with PR role really well. A weird thing was how strong is voice sounds on the podcast and how hoarse it is on WWE TV.

rovert fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 4, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

rovert posted:

Yeah nothing revelatory but he seems well adjusted and he has fitted in with PR role really well. A weird thing was how strong is voice sounds on the podcast and how hoarse it is on WWE TV.
I do like how he acknowledged that he was kind of a Punk ripoff. Also just other little things about the reaction at the Rumble/what Roman told him after it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Just had this surpressed memory return to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulob_LR-kIs

What was the final straw.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I do like how he acknowledged that he was kind of a Punk ripoff. Also just other little things about the reaction at the Rumble/what Roman told him after it.
What did he say about the Rumble? Hearing what WWE employees think about it will never stop being interesting to me, it was such a gently caress up.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

rovert posted:

Just listened to Meltzer's segment on the Lapsed Fan podcast review of Wrestlemania 23. Meltzer talking about Ken Kennedy's rise and fall is really something for a few reasons. Not even Dave can remember all things that undone Ken and the order they were in. It is almost something that is forgotten now but he was a McMahon! Now he's a TNA midcarder.

Was this on the Lapsed Fan podcast proper, or the ones they insert on Wrestling Observer? Last one I listened to was 21 and don't see any others listed on WO.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Was this on the Lapsed Fan podcast proper, or the ones they insert on Wrestling Observer? Last one I listened to was 21 and don't see any others listed on WO.

Oops it was 22:
http://www.wrestlezone.com/tag/the-lapsed-fan

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I hate Ole Anderson!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I love hearing Dave call out the WWE on their revisionist history.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

The new Chael Sonnen podcast featuring Sean "X-Pac" Waltman is some extremely good poo poo

http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

You're welcome :smug:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

ICHIBAHN posted:

I hate Ole Anderson!

Eat Ole and Arn Anderson

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

What did he say about the Rumble? Hearing what WWE employees think about it will never stop being interesting to me, it was such a gently caress up.
Basically he towed the company line (because he isn't an idiot who wants to lose his job) that it was Philly's fault because they are assholes who hate Santa and throw batteries at people. He said that Roman was happy and didn't really care what the crowd felt like because he was going to Wrestlemania.

I did like that apparently at meetings HHH will take off his jacket and try to physically show what he wants done in a match.

He also said that he and Punk got along in the Indies because they would talk about punk rock, tattoos, and wrestling after the shows they were in.

E: Oh and that he tells people who are in NXT that it isn't bad that they are stuck there for 3 to 4 years because the Network gives you exposure when you leave NXT and not make the main roster.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 4, 2015

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Good Listener posted:

Eat Ole and Arn Anderson

what WAS Dave thinking when he printed that? :psyduck:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Not to be Mr. Wrestling Hipster over here but I never saw anything but hype with Kennedy. I remember being very disappointed when he won Money in the Bank while WH2K was going nuts.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

"It's a weak steroid, I mean it's effective, but it's not as effective as others, but it is" --Dave Meltzer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daniel Bryan posted:

Not to be Mr. Wrestling Hipster over here but I never saw anything but hype with Kennedy. I remember being very disappointed when he won Money in the Bank while WH2K was going nuts.

He was good on the mic and came from shootfighting background. BJ Whitmer does his character better.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Daniel Bryan posted:

Looking back on it you're definitely right. I loved Kennedy but I just loved the mic gimmick. I still think about that terrible match he and Carlito had on Raw.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I was really high on Kennedy at the time. I feel a bit embarrassed about that in hindsight, my old roommate kept telling me he was terrible but noooo I had to defend him as the next big thing.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

The only part of his run in WWE that I personally enjoyed was his entire feud/interaction with Shawn Michaels who seemed to show simultaneous disdain and amusement towards him and always referred to him as "Kennedy Kennedy".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

He had a wholly unique gimmick and I remember he worked a solid match against Batista at a time when everyone thought Batista was the shits

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I always hated Kennedy. The IWC loved him because he had a good look and a cool finisher. He had nothing else of substance though. He was really just the second coming of Sean O'Haire.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I'm listening to the lapsed fan podcast about WM22 and oh my gosh everything but the Dave stuff is unlistenable.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Muddy Burphy posted:

I'm listening to the lapsed fan podcast about WM22 and oh my gosh everything but the Dave stuff is unlistenable.

This is my sentiment. The loving Vince impersonation that goes on for like 5 minutes with Angle that gets the story completely wrong is probably the low light.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Skinty McEdger posted:

This is my sentiment. The loving Vince impersonation that goes on for like 5 minutes with Angle that gets the story completely wrong is probably the low light.

The Vince impression and wheezy laugh are beyond awful.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad all those podcasts are like five hours long becuase it's something to listen to on coast-to-coast flights.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I really WANTED to like that show because it's rare that a review podcast does a decent amount of research & effort beforehand, and having Dave on helps with that, but the chemistry between those 2 is intolerable. Guy #1 is an rear end in a top hat who can be funny for a couple of minutes, trying to do hours of content. Guy #2 is completely devoid of humor, but tries to be like his friend & do wacky improv sketches & voices. The only person who could possibly like Guy #2's 'comedy' is Guy #1, who finds it hysterical & laughs for minutes on end after the weakest of punchlines. Ugh.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

If you edit out the two hosts laughing at their own jokes Lapsed Fan would be an hour long.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The supercut of the Big Dave segments is going to be rad.

e) i think the early Mania eps where they talk about how they were genuinely enthusiastic for the product were much better, because they didn't have to rely on dumb Vince jokes as much.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

ch3cooh posted:

With special guest Buffett E. Wind

e: ahahahaha he also reads a 419 Scam email

Is this the infamous Al E Gator he posts vids of on his FB.

I'll never get tired of Austin's podcast.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

The Meltzer stuff for Mania 23 on Lapsed Fan starts at 1hr5m if you want to skip the terrible jokes

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Germ Incubator posted:

Is this the infamous Al E Gator he posts vids of on his FB.

I'll never get tired of Austin's podcast.

Yup, that would be the one:
http://www.whosay.com/status/steveaustin/1065197?wsref=tw&code=uwba6Qp

The one who in about 6 months will have an 'accident', while Austin suddenly will coincidently have a new pair of gator shoes and a gator belt.

• Locked thread