Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

hubris.height posted:

and then av size for anyone who likes teddie (nobody)

I find Teddie pretty bearable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

GimmickMan posted:

Do you guys want to know what Persona songs Japan really, really likes the most? Of course you do.

25) Signs of love
24) Snowflakes
23) Heartbeat, Heartbreak
22) Fog
21) Long Way
20) deep breath deep breath
19) Poem for Everyone's Souls
18) Time
17) The Almighty
16) A New World Fool
15) Shadow World
14) Key Plus Words
13) Brand New Days
12) Maze of Life
11) Your Affection
10) Pursuing my True Self
09) Time to Make History
08) The Battle for Everyone's Souls
07) Heaven
06) Heartful Cry
05) Mass Destruction
04) Nevermore
03) Reach out to the Truth
02) Burn my Dread
01) Memories of You

No I'll Face Myself. Japan is dead to me.
Shadow World is the best song.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Reaction's pretty much as expected. Some are disappointed, some are annoyed, and others are discussing the quick image that showed up after the countdown. Hey, I found this though...

japan has innovated some powerful tech

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Schedule from Neogaf, last one's the P5 reveal, presumably.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
That new song sounds like something from a kids show. Laying thick on that friendship theme, eh?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just as an FYI the character rankings total seems to be.

11. Teddie
10. Marie
9. Yukiko
8. Rise
7. Nanako
6. Kanji
5. Naoto
4. Boss
3. Adachi
2. Chie
1. Yosuke

There you go, please stop bitching that Japan does not love your waifus and dog. It seems Adachi's popularity mostly comes from Persona's female fanbase, lol.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ahahaha gently caress you, marie

also, i too am surprised that the game series that is based entirely around the power of making friends would have a song that lays the power of friendship and love on really thick

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Japanese Teddie is indeed worse than Marie.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

That new song sounds like something from a kids show. Laying thick on that friendship theme, eh?

I'd say it's less of that than Shadow World is. I mean, if it weren't for the shots of corpses hanging from wires, the Persona 4 Golden opening could pass for a children's show any day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H5pYCw4ET4

Sure, Persona 4 has some pretty dark subject matter, what with the serial killer on the loose and all, but drat if it doesn't have a good attitude about it. (I sometimes feel like I shouldn't adore Persona 4 as much as I do, but drat it, it's my favorite Persona game and I don't care who knows it.)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

Sure, Persona 4 has some pretty dark subject matter, what with the serial killer on the loose and all, but drat if it doesn't have a good attitude about it. (I sometimes feel like I shouldn't adore Persona 4 as much as I do, but drat it, it's my favorite Persona game and I don't care who knows it.)

it's not even a contest that persona4 is the best persona game, really

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's not a high bar for Persona 4 to beat the others at, honestly.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Beef Waifu posted:

11. Teddie
10. Marie
9. Yukiko
8. Rise
7. Nanako
6. Kanji
5. Naoto
4. Boss
3. Adachi
2. Chie
1. Yosuke

There you go, please stop bitching that Japan does not love your waifus and dog. It seems Adachi's popularity mostly comes from Persona's female fanbase, lol.
No love for Dojima-san.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
even japan hates teddie, atlus

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
"Key plus Words"? Are they just making up songs now to hit 25?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

There's not a high bar for Persona 4 to beat the others at, honestly.

I mean, Persona 2 is really awesome. It's got an awkward battle system, but one of the better plots in the Persona series, and the ending of Innocent Sin is still one of my favorite moments from the series. Persona 4's still lodged in my heart, though, and so far, no amount of character rehashing and rereleasing has changed that.

(It's me. I'm the reason they keep releasing Persona 4 stuff forever and ever.)

KingEffingFrost posted:

"Key plus Words"? Are they just making up songs now to hit 25?

It's the second opening for the Persona 4 Anime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FtU9XMuFfU

Might have the most ridiculous lyrics of any Persona song (listen for the strip searching line), but it's catchy.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Skeezy posted:

Countdown to this

OH poo poo NEW PERSONA 5 TRAILER

Nah, just another countdown.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

yosuke's probably does too honestly

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Harrow posted:

I'd say it's less of that than Shadow World is. I mean, if it weren't for the shots of corpses hanging from wires, the Persona 4 Golden opening could pass for a children's show any day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H5pYCw4ET4

Honestly, I find the whole light-hearted vibe when there's a serial kidnapper around kinda creepy. Just really weird. I really wished they kept Dojima as the murderer, it would make the main plot a lot more interesting.

Harlock posted:

No love for Dojima-san.

Was Dojima even a choice? I voted for Kanji.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Honestly, I find the whole light-hearted vibe when there's a serial kidnapper around kinda creepy. Just really weird. I really wished they kept Dojima as the murderer, it would make the main plot a lot more interesting.

What a hosed up thing to say

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

I would not be surprised.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Ruggington posted:

Sounds like you need to face the truth, no matter how terrible it sounds.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ruggington posted:

hosed up but true.

Endorph posted:

Tbf he is the cutest Persona character, and obviously the canon love interest.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Even with all its problems, I think the anime did a way better job with the final confrontation with the killer. (Is the killer's identity still considered a spoiler around here? I'll spoiler it just to be safe.) As soon as Nanako "dies," all of the lightheartedness is just gone. In the actual game, Social Links can disrupt this somewhat, and I guess there's no way around that for the game, so the anime kind of had the advantage here. And while I always found Adachi to be a bit too incoherent and... I dunno, "wimpy" to take seriously in the game, he's actually scary in the anime. Might just come down to the voice acting and the lack of a silly, smirking portrait, of course.

I think the lighthearted vibe the characters have while tracking down the killer sort of makes sense once they realize they can prevent people from dying (and have a pretty solid track record of it--after all, nobody gets killed by the TV World from the moment the Investigation Group first enter it). They're kids and they get to play hero with cool superpowers. The game does its best once things start to get serious towards the end, but yeah, a few things undermine the weight that it could/should have.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Tbf he is the cutest Persona character, and obviously the canon love interest.

Confirmed canon in Persona Q

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I really wished they kept Dojima as the murderer, it would make the main plot a lot more interesting.

People keep saying this but is there anything to suggest that was ever the case or is it just a dumb rumor?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

To be honest, though, Adachi not being that scary in the game kind of works. Him being this pathetic dude with no real justification for what he did, just a lot of blameshifting and whining, is pretty unique.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

To be honest, though, Adachi not being that scary in the game kind of works. Him being this pathetic dude with no real justification for what he did, just a lot of blameshifting and whining, is pretty unique.

So basically, a new world fool.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Endorph posted:

What I like about him being scary is that someone with that little justification and that complete lack of rational thought and empathy having the power to do what he does probably should be scary. He has just as little weight behind his justifications in the anime, but the whole thing has a more serious tone about it, and he's actually a credible threat who comes pretty close to killing Yu and friends (though he stops short of actually shooting Yu, probably because he actually doesn't have the guts to kill someone with his own hands).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Do you guys want to know what Persona songs Japan really, really likes the most? Of course you do.

25) Signs of love
24) Snowflakes
23) Heartbeat, Heartbreak
22) Fog
21) Long Way
20) deep breath deep breath
19) Poem for Everyone's Souls
18) Time
17) The Almighty
16) A New World Fool
15) Shadow World
14) Key Plus Words
13) Brand New Days
12) Maze of Life
11) Your Affection
10) Pursuing my True Self
09) Time to Make History
08) The Battle for Everyone's Souls
07) Heaven
06) Heartful Cry
05) Mass Destruction
04) Nevermore
03) Reach out to the Truth
02) Burn my Dread
01) Memories of You

No I'll Face Myself. Japan is dead to me.

where the gently caress is changing seasons

Beef Waifu posted:

11. Teddie
10. Marie
9. Yukiko
8. Rise
7. Nanako
6. Kanji
5. Naoto
4. Boss
3. Adachi
2. Chie
1. Yosuke

where the gently caress is yukari

these persona """fans""" don't even know what they like

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

epitasis posted:

these persona """fans""" don't even know what they like

It's a Persona 4 golden poll

E: what was the first "?????"? The one this morning? just a countdown?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is a great point but I won't abandon my position that those two should have won ^^^

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

epitasis posted:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You're dumb if you think dojima should have been the killer

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Harrow posted:

What I like about him being scary is that someone with that little justification and that complete lack of rational thought and empathy having the power to do what he does probably should be scary. He has just as little weight behind his justifications in the anime, but the whole thing has a more serious tone about it, and he's actually a credible threat who comes pretty close to killing Yu and friends (though he stops short of actually shooting Yu, probably because he actually doesn't have the guts to kill someone with his own hands).

He works better as an antagonist and foil to the MC if he is a whiny manchild though. His SL in Golden pretty much outlines how he is a much darker take on the MC: A new arrival in town, but who only ever see the downsides, and actively belittle nearly everyone trying to be nice to him. That, and it makes exposing him more plausible: In the end, he beneficiated from insanely favourable circumstances to commit murders, but he never was the criminal genius he thought he was, and evidence start circling back to him.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nanako should have been the killer, the game would have been a lot darker and better for it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Terper posted:

Nanako should have been the killer, the game would have been a lot darker and better for it.

I like how when you and Naoto are puzzling it out at the diner, you can bring Nanako up as an option and then the game (I forget if it's Naoto or just the narrator) calls you an idiot and asks how she's gonna deadlift Kanji into a TV, among other logical problems. You can then go on to accuse almost any other named NPC.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Didn't Adachi knowingly murder only Saki? Did he know about his powers the first time he played rear end in a top hat cop?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Saki was the only one he intentionally murdered, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Didn't Adachi knowingly murder only Saki? Did he know about his powers the first time he played rear end in a top hat cop?

No, he didn't know about his powers the first time. He was trying to rape the first victim, but accidentally shoved her into the TV and then realized he killed her after her body showed up on the telephone pole. With Saki, yes, he knowingly shoved her in.