Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

I'm pretty sure this was just some custom stuff for Bill. Nothing else suggests a change, and the Pats just changed to a new wordmark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
How the Patriots don't have more Revolutionary War homages is beyond me. It's like a goldmine of war=sports imagery.

The "Join or Die" cartoon/flag by Ben Franklin is relevant. Especially because it actually refers to New England rather than its individual states.

Then again, the NFL is lame and not fun at all so what the hell would I expect.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Mahoning posted:

How the Patriots don't have more Revolutionary War homages is beyond me. It's like a goldmine of war=sports imagery.

The "Join or Die" cartoon/flag by Ben Franklin is relevant. Especially because it actually refers to New England rather than its individual states.

reportedly (radio) Belichick was wearing it on a T-shirt at the team hotel on sunday.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

GaussianCopula posted:

reportedly (radio) Belichick was wearing it on a T-shirt at the team hotel on sunday.

You sure its not the "Don't Tread on Me" flag like in the story linked on the last page?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Mahoning posted:

You sure its not the "Don't Tread on Me" flag like in the story linked on the last page?

right, brainfart on my side.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
No Inflation Without Representation
:patssay:

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
The Patriots should go back to their throwbacks, since their current uniforms are pretty terrible.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Aniki posted:

The Patriots should go back to their throwbacks, since their current uniforms are pretty terrible.

The current Pats uniforms are probably in my top 5 around the league. They are absolutely fantastic and I love the move to that metallic grey instead of using the boring as gently caress red, white, and blue that is inexplicably popular in America. The design and cut is perfect and it makes everyone on the team (excluding Wilfork) look like a 90s era comic book hero.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The jerseys are nice, the logo is awful.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kevyn posted:

The jerseys are nice, the logo is awful.

I will second that. I dislike the new logo. I disliked the old one too.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Mahoning posted:

The Philadelphia Union use this in MLS. It's very nice.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Chichevache posted:

The current Pats uniforms are probably in my top 5 around the league. They are absolutely fantastic and I love the move to that metallic grey instead of using the boring as gently caress red, white, and blue that is inexplicably popular in America. The design and cut is perfect and it makes everyone on the team (excluding Wilfork) look like a 90s era comic book hero.

Yeah how boring for a team nicknamed the Patriots to actually use the colors of the country they're patriotic to. :jerkbag:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mahoning posted:

Yeah how boring for a team nicknamed the Patriots to actually use the colors of the country they're patriotic to. :jerkbag:

:thejoke:

But for real, red white and blue is a hideous combination and way too many teams use it. Adding the silver and minimizing the red is a great way of keeping the "spirit" (:laffo:) without having to work around three terribly uncomplementary colors.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

But for real, red white and blue is a hideous combination and way too many teams use it. Adding the silver and minimizing the red is a great way of keeping the "spirit" (:laffo:) without having to work around three terribly uncomplementary colors.

Look at this commie pinko poo poo

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Gray and Blue is boring. I don't hate the Patriots uniforms but I liked the Red uni's better. They look so good in-game. The current logo is dull but it's not that bad. I like it better than Pat Patriot. Pat Patriot was too complicated and kind of ugly.

speaking of gray and blue goddamnit Giants go back to the white pants you retards. At least in tandem with the Blue home colors. You can keep the gray poo poo for away games.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 4, 2015

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Are you color blind or is this another "joke"? Red White and Blue look great together.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bring back the red Bills helmets

like goddamn

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chichevache posted:

yes i would much rather have dark blue and the color green previously only seen under a blacklight at a rave

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Febreeze posted:

Gray and Blue is boring. I don't hate the Patriots uniforms but I liked the Red uni's better. They look so good in-game. The current logo is dull but it's not that bad. I like it better than Pat Patriot. Pat Patriot was too complicated and kind of ugly.

speaking of gray and blue goddamnit Giants go back to the white pants you retards. At least in tandem with the Blue home colors. You can keep the gray poo poo for away games.

The Giants need to go back to the LT-era uniforms in general. A team named "Giants" should not have a logo made of frilly lowercase letters. And the away jerseys just look wrong.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Kevyn posted:

The Giants need to go back to the LT-era uniforms in general. A team named "Giants" should not have a logo made of frilly lowercase letters. And the away jerseys just look wrong.

The LT late 80's era looked great then but I'm not sold on the stripes on the sleeves. They'd look to much like the Bills. They need to put some blue on the away jerseys, though.

Also the Bills should go back to the Jim Kelly era bright red helmets.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Febreeze posted:

oh god yes, those were great

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Febreeze posted:

The LT late 80's era looked great then but I'm not sold on the stripes on the sleeves. They'd look to much like the Bills. They need to put some blue on the away jerseys, though.

I just want them to do this as a throwback. They won't wear the reds. It's been 15 years since the switch, that's long enough to bring out an 80s/90s jersey. Or drop back to the 70s even.

Also, please bring back the GIANTS on the helmet. I will never not love GIANTS. It's what I grew up with.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

so good

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Oh sick! That uniform has red in it! And blue! And oh poo poo - is that white tying it all together? Agreed fellas, those are some sharp kits.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The Bills' unis after those are a good reminder of why deviating from the predictable red/white/blue is not always a good idea. They had some really lovely ones for a while there with the three kinds of blue and poo poo

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Looking back I think I'd take any Bills uniform in history over the Seattle Seahawks look. That loving neon green, blahh. Red/white/blue forever.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm more shocked that the Broncos are still using those 90's as gently caress uniforms and stupid color scheme.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Are you color blind or is this another "joke"? Red White and Blue look great together.

No, they do not. At least not in the garish shades of the old Pats colors. Too bright. They look like one of those post WW2 illustrations where something is "not quite right" about all the people.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Mahoning posted:

I'm more shocked that the Broncos are still using those 90's as gently caress uniforms and stupid color scheme.

This, it's so terrible. At least the Vikings ditched theirs a couple years ago because that one was pretty bad as well.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Raku posted:

Looking back I think I'd take any Bills uniform in history over the Seattle Seahawks look. That loving neon green, blahh. Red/white/blue forever.

The Seahawks current uniforms are great and way better than anything they had in the decade leading up to it. Go back to the beastquake game uniforms, that poo poo is dull, drab garbage.

Though the 90's era silver helmets with sad seahawk were pretty good.

The current unis are kind of goofy (I hate the weird green pattern up the leg) but the rest is fine. The green highlights are nice and the uniform is very distinct in a good way.

The Bucs are poo poo. Does anyone actually like the new Bucs uniforms?

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 5, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I loving hate the Chargers' current uniforms and want so badly to go back to the Coryell era uniforms or, failing that, the Seau era uniforms.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

The Seahawks current uniforms are great and way better than anything they had in the decade leading up to it. Go back to the beastquake game uniforms, that poo poo is dull, drab garbage.

Though the 90's era silver helmets with sad seahawk were pretty good.

The current unis are kind of goofy (I hate the weird green pattern up the leg) but the rest is fine. The green highlights are nice and the uniform is very distinct in a good way.

The Bucs are poo poo. Does anyone actually like the new Bucs uniforms?

Yeah, I loved the previous unis at the time, but looking back those are the most hideous. Just nothing going for them at all.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
I like the Hawks current uniforms a lot, but I'd like to see a return of silver pants and helmets to go with the dark blue tops; unlike most people I think our grey looks pretty good, but silver would be better. The white tops/grey pants look they wore in SB49 was sharp as hell too. It'd also be nice to see some throwbacks once in a while to the Largent era jerseys, the colors on those were so good and sadhawk is way better than smughawk :hawksin:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

EVGA Longoria posted:

Also, please bring back the GIANTS on the helmet. I will never not love GIANTS. It's what I grew up with.
:agreed: I thought I was the only one and I'm curious what Febreeze thinks.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I still wish the Lions would go back to the Barry Sanders era look.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I hated the NY when they first went back to it but it's grown on me, it's a simple sort of square shape and it looks nice. I do think GIANTS looked drat good though. I think they should at least capitalize the NY because I like the two letter look better than the full word, but I hate that it's lowercase when it should be prouder. I don't think GIANTS would look quite as good on the more modern shiny helmets than they did on the darker blue old helmets. The Old helmets were darker blue, and they had white facemasks, the modern ones are shinier and have grey facemasks.

If I had to design the things I'd actually really only change the pants to white. Maybe change the facemask back to white. I honestly like our uniforms, plus there isn't much you can change without looking like one of the other teams that use similar colors. I'm also one of the few people who likes the red on white away look, I'm not bothered by the lack of blue and the red on white looks better.

As long as they dont bring back the bright red alternate unis. Ugh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Realtalk the Bills went to a Red helmet because their QB was colorblind, and everyone in the AFC East at the time had white helmets. (Pats, Dolphins, Bills, Colts)

So because Joe Ferguson was colorblind, we got some sweet as gently caress looking helmets for a while.

Also I miss the Oilers uniforms. I hated them so much growing up but it was pretty cool how Warren Moon could rock the baby blue pants.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

As a whole I'd like to see the NFL put the late 90s early 2000s era trend of making everything darker out of its misery. Denver needs to go back to sky blue and a lighter orange. The Eagles need to bring back the kelly green. The Falcons need to rock the red helmet and black jerseys again. The Rams need to bring back the blue and yellow. The Titains need an entire overhaul as do the Bucs, Jags, and Panthers (the one team I would be fine with adding a black helmet). My perfect Browns uniforms would be the Sipe era brown jersey, and orange pants at home and the Kosar era all whites away.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Smiling Mandrill posted:

As a whole I'd like to see the NFL put the late 90s early 2000s era trend of making everything darker out of its misery. Denver needs to go back to sky blue and a lighter orange. The Eagles need to bring back the kelly green. The Falcons need to rock the red helmet and black jerseys again. The Rams need to bring back the blue and yellow. The Titains need an entire overhaul as do the Bucs, Jags, and Panthers (the one team I would be fine with adding a black helmet). My perfect Browns uniforms would be the Sipe era brown jersey, and orange pants at home and the Kosar era all whites away.

Yeah, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
I'd love an "All Throwback" season, where every team is rocking one throwback for home games and a different one for away. I'd love to see a full season of Big Ben and the Bees.

• Locked thread