Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ferrets are like a furry snake.

And the smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

dont people get their ferrets de-smelled

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rei_ posted:

dont people get their ferrets de-smelled

People who own one ferret probably do. People who have 4 cages full probably don't care.

Anyways, why the hell does a freaking MP-10 Knockoff with no trailer cost as much as MP-10 did new?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Anyways, why the hell does a freaking MP-10 Knockoff with no trailer cost as much as MP-10 did new?

Because MP10 came out years ago and oil is lots more expensi

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Just got charged for MTMTE wutttt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

Because MP10 came out years ago and oil is lots more expensi

There's an encore edition hitting in Japan, $190 before shipping to get one here. A KO without the trailer is like $120. I figure $70-80 would be acceptable.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

. Dogs are cool, though. There aren't many crazy dog people with 20 dogs because you get one or two and you're like "okay, that's enough."

Nah, the only real difference is that cat people can hide their terrifying animal clusters indoors, while dog people have to let them outside. http://youtu.be/PgIz1Add98s

I was over at a friend's house last week, and their two little dogs barked at me for like two hours straight. A cat would've just ran away instead of trying to "defend its territory" from something 8 times its size.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rhyno posted:

People who own one ferret probably do. People who have 4 cages full probably don't care.

Because the guys selling them know that there's enough people who will buy it at that price for it to be worth trying, simple as that

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

huffer looks extremely upset about something.

It been 30+ years for him to get a brand new figure that was not a repaint.

And still he's a repaint

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
A guy on TFW claims to have done the English translation of MP Star Saber's bio for Hasbro, basing it on the IDW version of the character. So it looks like MP Star Saber is getting a US release.

Edit: Or it's just for the Australian release. But still. Could happen.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 4, 2015

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'd be shocked if Star Saber came to the states before Magnus. It'd be cool though.

Oh poo poo we have a little over a month until he's out!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

SlothfulCobra posted:

Nah, the only real difference is that cat people can hide their terrifying animal clusters indoors, while dog people have to let them outside. http://youtu.be/PgIz1Add98s

I was over at a friend's house last week, and their two little dogs barked at me for like two hours straight. A cat would've just ran away instead of trying to "defend its territory" from something 8 times its size.

Or pooped on something you love while you weren't looking. Using the litterbox is a courtesy, reserved for people they like/respect.

I just can't get excited for Star Saber. Doesn't look Transformers-y enough for me. We'll see how I feel when/if he gets an American release.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Spiderdrake posted:

Don't make me post pictures of my friend's basement. Clean as a whistle, completely innocuous looking, work PC plus gaming PC in the middle of the room. Then just a ton of really plain looking shelving units with odd notations written on them. Inside? Well over a hundred snakes.

Meanwhile he looks at me funny for buying a robot here or there.

I have no idea what it's like to be a snake, but I can't imagine being in a featureless rubbermaid tub day in and out is all that great of a life.

I wanna get a bearded dragon but my roomie is like "NO, NO REPTILES" :(

Beardies are desert dwellers so they're actually pretty hygienic versus say the aquatic turtle I had as a kid whose constant pooping made life a hassle. And they don't stink either, only the crickets do. And bearded dragons are super chill and just don't give a gently caress. I've seen them get poked by cats and not even care. How do they survive in the wild? In Australia of all places? Where everything can kill you?

I'll probably just take care of the one at my mom's school during the summer and surprise him with it :ssh:

In more robot related news, the wait for wave 2 of combiner wars is agonizing, agonizing I say! GOTTA HAVE EM ALL, MUST COMBINE

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I still don't have a single CW release. I kinda want to order both wave 1 and 2 at the same time to save on shipping, but also I have the ridiculous hope that THIS TIME my country will see a local generations release.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Transformers: pets are better pets than we deserve

I liked MTMTE. Lots of nods to boast issues. Roberts really has it all structured out, doesn't he?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm going to need to read the MTMTE at least a dozen times before it all fits together. Man, that's some BttF2 level of headfuckery in places.

The true reason for the war kicking off finally revealed: Tailgate wanted a curly straw!

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Beardies are desert dwellers so they're actually pretty hygienic versus say the aquatic turtle I had as a kid whose constant pooping made life a hassle. And they don't stink either, only the crickets do. And bearded dragons are super chill and just don't give a gently caress. I've seen them get poked by cats and not even care. How do they survive in the wild? In Australia of all places? Where everything can kill you?

Some beardies may be "super chill" but some are loving dicks half the time. Some unsolicited advice: Get their environment set up well before purchase. They need UVB lights and those have to be replaced after so many months. NO HOT ROCKS! They will burn themselves. Also crickets stink and die off pretty easy. I'd look into an alternative food source.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
...where we came in? The war is a closed loop! Rung gets thrown at Impactor, Megatron gets caught up in the bar fight, he's thrown in jail, Whirl kicks his head in, he chooses force over words. Four million years of Autobots Wage Their Battles. Megatron is through fighting. He commands the Lost Light. Brainstorm goes back in time to kill him. Trying to stop Brainstorm, Rung gets thrown at a big purple guy for the sin of bumping into a couple toughs trying to get Tailgate a bendy straw. Isn't this...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a pretty awesome Lego x Transformers shirt at Ript today, with Unicron's head circling Cybertron in the style of the Lego Space logo. It's pretty neat, I'm grabbing a couple for work shirts.

https://www.riptapparel.com/?utm_so...at+RIPT+Apparel

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I thought that MTMTE was kinda dragging it out unnecessarily and actually kinda disjointed but the Whirl bit was so good. So good.

You actually see Whirl's poor lost face

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Spiderdrake posted:

I thought that MTMTE was kinda dragging it out unnecessarily and actually kinda disjointed but the Whirl bit was so good. So good.

You actually see Whirl's poor lost face

I have to admit that this current storyline is getting pretty tedious.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The story hasn't gone for many issues, the huge real life delays between them are making it feel longer than it really is.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Sentinel Red posted:

Man, that's some BttF2 level of headfuckery in places.

I'm a massive sucker for time-travel shenanigans, so this issue was like a fantastic buffet for me. Off the top of my head:
  • Past-Nightbeat notices present-Rung building his Lost Light model, which is probably why he recognizes the ship itself at the end of Dork Cybertron.
  • Brainstorm knocks out past-Rung, ensuring that present-Rung is who kicks off the bar fight and also explaining why Rung couldn't remember Megatron's first encounter with him during the interview in issue 28.
  • Whirl incapacitates the Heavies and also crushes their hands, ensuring that Chromedome can't mind-wipe them. A year later, senate thugs find the location of Shockwave's academy thanks to the "best tip-off ever."
I think Roberts has been planning this for ages.

Also the incentive cover is aces:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Acne Rain posted:

The story hasn't gone for many issues, the huge real life delays between them are making it feel longer than it really is.

Milne and Joe Mad should switch off penciling duties.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Milne and Joe Mad should switch off penciling duties.

This is the worst thing anybody has said in this thread by a wide margin. I'm counting the time someone wished grievous bodily harm upon a guy who makes videos he doesn't like.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

AzraelNewtype posted:

This is the worst thing anybody has said in this thread by a wide margin. I'm counting the time someone wished grievous bodily harm upon a guy who makes videos he doesn't like.

Milne seems like a whiney bitch, based on his twitter account.

I cant even tell when Whirl ripped off those guards hands, unless it happened off panel.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

3 posted:

I'm a massive sucker for time-travel shenanigans, so this issue was like a fantastic buffet for me. Off the top of my head:
  • Past-Nightbeat notices present-Rung building his Lost Light model, which is probably why he recognizes the ship itself at the end of Dork Cybertron.
  • Brainstorm knocks out past-Rung, ensuring that present-Rung is who kicks off the bar fight and also explaining why Rung couldn't remember Megatron's first encounter with him during the interview in issue 28.
  • Whirl incapacitates the Heavies and also crushes their hands, ensuring that Chromedome can't mind-wipe them. A year later, senate thugs find the location of Shockwave's academy thanks to the "best tip-off ever."
I think Roberts has been planning this for ages.

The TFWiki page always has loads of details about each issue. One thing they point out:

Though he has always been unforthcoming about his origins, we know that Megatron, as a Point One Percenter, should have a green spark, but the one seen inside his half-built frame on the final page of this issue is the traditional blue.

That makes me wonder if Brainstorm will remove the original spark from Megatron's body and install the point one percenter spark he found on Luna 1. He might be trying to change things but that would create the established history, just as the other characters have done when they interfered with events.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Jesus Christ, I think Roberts is actually a step beyond Hickman when it comes to planning and intricacy of story.

This book is like reading an orgasm.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The stores near me fully restocked their transformers section

.....with entire cases of RID Titan heroes.

I openly weep. :negative:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has there been any word on if Toyworld is ever going to release their last three Throttlebots?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 5, 2015

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Just start buying them online already

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Has there been any word on if Toyworld is ever going to release their last three Throttlebots?

No official word, and TFW consensus seems to be that despite Rollbar's good sales, the other two aren't doing so hot and Toyworld said gently caress it and moved on. Aurora has been on clearance at BBTS for like ever now, so perhaps there's truth to that. If people had confidence they could finish the combiner that would prob help sales of the already released guys.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

The stores near me fully restocked their transformers section

.....with entire cases of RID Titan heroes.

I openly weep. :negative:
The Toys R Us near me just restocked with more AoE, Tankors, Rattraps, Whirls, and all their associated wavemates. They haven't been moving the ones they have, I don't know why they ordered more.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I don't think they have control over what they get other then size. Most stores tell me they have a box of assorted Generations figures with no way to know what's inside.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

No official word, and TFW consensus seems to be that despite Rollbar's good sales, the other two aren't doing so hot and Toyworld said gently caress it and moved on. Aurora has been on clearance at BBTS for like ever now, so perhaps there's truth to that. If people had confidence they could finish the combiner that would prob help sales of the already released guys.

Bummer. The combined prototype looks pretty awesome too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AzraelNewtype posted:

That was what the hu-mons refer to as a "joke."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There's something off with the proportions on those 3p Abominus dudes, but I still kinda like them.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

The Goon posted:

Jesus Christ, I think Roberts is actually a step beyond Hickman when it comes to planning and intricacy of story.

I don't know if Roberts really has it all planned out, because when he originally wrote the bar fight scene he wasn't the regular writer and might not have known if he'd ever be, so maybe he just decided to use Rung's presence in the earlier story to his advantage here. But he's had it planned for a while at least, since in #28 Rung doesn't know about the bar fight.

I checked around and other people have come up with the same idea about Megatron's spark. I thought of it on my own, though the Roller = Tarn idea went right over my head, despite how obvious it seems in retrospect.

You Am I posted:

I have to admit that this current storyline is getting pretty tedious.
They were so sure Brainstorm was going to kill Orion/Optimus that it was obvious he'd really do something else, and I did get impatient waiting for them to figure it out.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Action Jacktion posted:

I don't know if Roberts really has it all planned out, because when he originally wrote the bar fight scene he wasn't the regular writer and might not have known if he'd ever be, so maybe he just decided to use Rung's presence in the earlier story to his advantage here. But he's had it planned for a while at least, since in #28 Rung doesn't know about the bar fight.

Him being the MTMTE writer is the whole reason Chaos Theory existed in the first place, so he atleast knew that much. It also was written after the big meeting with Hasbro where the whole autobot Megatron thing was mandated. He also had his individual issues planned out and approved by IDW & Hasbro through issue 50 around the time issue 12 came out, IIRC, so we know he plans far in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Wait autobot megatron was mandated by hasbro back before chaos theory????

But then why did RID have that arc where Megatron returns and fucks up everything by being all evil?
I thought that arc was a mistake from Barber not knowing that Megatron would need to return AGAIN pretty soon afterward and this time become an Autobot, so if he knew why did he do that.