Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hang every banker from the nearest streetpole

vote from the rooftops

death to america

we're going to take care of that by letting our infrastructure crumble into dust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Jonny 290 posted:

in 2008 i was making 26 a year
in 2011 i was making 52 a year
in 2015 i make 87k a year after cash compensation and cash benefits

it's possible, guys

this is the most duplicitous argument I've seen in a long time and gently caress you for making it bayou stymie

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

your income is supposed to go up as you get older [then around 45-50 it starts dropping lol]

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

this is the most duplicitous argument I've seen in a long time and gently caress you for making it bayou stymie

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
e: double quote

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

sriously

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

gently caress you bayou stymie

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
move back to arkansas.

" i made it! that means everyone else can too! What do you mean I'm a white dude, part of a DINK couple, and moving to one of the whitest states in the U.S.? You telling me those lazy wetbacks can't learn computering? i guess they just wanna live off the welfare cuz i made it through sheer grit and determination on my own!"

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
TODO: Place Title Here
Jonny's been listening to a lot of Adam Corolla podcast...

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
http://elitedaily.com/news/business/jack-ma-poor-people-lack-ambition/770915/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Necc0 posted:

i knew someone was gonna call me on this

there's a decaying mall near me that has a bunch of tube tvs in the food court. i could still hear them the last time i walked past a few months ago

we have a beat up old crt tv in the corner of one of the classrooms that one professor shows lab safety videos on

i go to youtube and type "safety video *topic*" and click the first link, and have shown this professor this special methodology, but hey some people like things the way they like em

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

his face is really tiny compared to his head

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

today we all got surveys from our new corporate overlords asking what we would like to keep regarding the old "workplace culture," or new things to propose

I replied with "raises to compensate for the actual costs of the new health plan

...and fix the pinball machine"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

we have a beat up old crt tv in the corner of one of the classrooms that one professor shows lab safety videos on

i go to youtube and type "safety video *topic*" and click the first link, and have shown this professor this special methodology, but hey some people like things the way they like em

to be fair i wouldnt trust youtube people with safety

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

to be fair i wouldnt trust youtube people with safety

nah i lied, i don't just click the first one, i go through a few and find the one with the most 80s music. that one's usually an official government thing.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hmm everybody's quitting, it must be because they think we're not a Cool Place To Work, it couldn't have anything to do with healthcare costs tripling when we put them on our cheapass bullshit insurance

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004

agreed

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

nah i lied, i don't just click the first one, i go through a few and find the one with the most 80s music. that one's usually an official government thing.
BOMP BOMP
skreedle skreedle skreedle skreedle
BOMP BOMP
skreedle skreedle skreedle skreedle

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

As a Millennial I posted:

today we all got surveys from our new corporate overlords asking what we would like to keep regarding the old "workplace culture," or new things to propose

I replied with "raises to compensate for the actual costs of the new health plan

...and fix the pinball machine"

"In response to complaints about the pinball machine, it will be removed indefinitely until an economical solution to the broken paddle can be found. We at Company Inc HR value our employees and hope you're enjoying our new simplified insurance options!"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

As a Millennial I posted:

hmm everybody's quitting, it must be because they think we're not a Cool Place To Work, it couldn't have anything to do with healthcare costs tripling when we put them on our cheapass bullshit insurance

It's a shame that they went with lovely cheap bullshit instead of the really good and effective health insurance they had before.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ultramiraculous posted:

"In response to complaints about the pinball machine, it will be removed indefinitely until an economical solution to the broken paddle can be found. We at Company Inc HR value our employees and hope you're enjoying our new simplified insurance options!"

lol :(

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I've spent five hundred dollars on prescriptions and it's barely february

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
switching to terrible insurance is a two-fer

you save a bunch of money on the insurance, and then you save even more money when all the 40-somethings with families and 50-somethings with chronic health conditions leave the company

slash fully loaded employee cost and then a second, bonus slash to payroll, without having layoffs! win/win

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
a kid out of school does everything that our experienced sales guys did anyway and costs half as much

and this way it's not even age discrimination

wait what do you mean half the accounts walked with ed and carol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nah im not saying i'm special at all, i'm saying the opposite

i am an undegreed piece of poo poo that has job hopped left and right to make every one of those pay raises

also i live in a 90% mexican neighborhood and am fully aware that every one of them works harder than I do so do not even try the racist tip on me, i ride farther back on the bus than most of you would even look

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Wild EEPROM posted:

i make $0 right now

same

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

nah im not saying i'm special at all, i'm saying the opposite

i am an undegreed piece of poo poo that has job hopped left and right to make every one of those pay raises

also i live in a 90% mexican neighborhood and am fully aware that every one of them works harder than I do so do not even try the racist tip on me, i ride farther back on the bus than most of you would even look

now you're bragging about riding in the back of the bus with the cool kids? shameful

unless you're on the wheel humps in the back then i'm sorry

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

now you're bragging about riding in the back of the bus with the cool kids? shameful

unless you're on the wheel humps in the back then i'm sorry

dude they make for great footrests

only place you can sleep on the new buses (they have these 'ergonomic' seats that are more shaped to your back and butt, but only have 1/2" of foam) is in this one row that lets you use the wheel hump as footrest

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
current employer has a full old school bennies package, pension and all, it's p. cool but I expect it'll get yanked any time

that being said I don't depend on my employer for basic necessities like life insurance wtf

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

this thread lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
those buses are cool tech-wise though cause they are hybrids with regen braking and these big rear end supercap banks in the back

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

god i hate that loving blog

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Wild EEPROM posted:

i make $0 right now

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ok so, lets move to the south

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

those buses are cool tech-wise though cause they are hybrids with regen braking and these big rear end supercap banks in the back

i like that all the things i used to read about in popular science or sciencedaily.com are slowly working into our dumb gay future irl

♪everything is awesome♬

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
thing i like most about my current job is that most of my co-workers have been there for decades, so either the company is genuinely good to its employees or everyone will be too jaded and apathetic to notice how terrible and incompetent i am

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Main Paineframe posted:

thing i like most about my current job is that most of my co-workers have been there for decades, so either the company is genuinely good to its employees or everyone will be too jaded and apathetic to notice how terrible and incompetent i am

it's the latter hth

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

THC posted:

god i hate that loving blog

Clint Eastwood might have lost a few fans when he had a dialogue with an empty chair. But how much can you fault a man who maintains his beliefs when faced with overwhelming dissent?

Clint Eastwood has obviously achieved fame and success outside of referring to Obama as an empty chair, and he remains no stranger to controversy. He has opened up about what he calls “the pussy generation”. Our generation. And, unfortunately, it’s not because we get a lot of it.

Eastwood has claimed that society has turned us into pussies. And with the advent of political correctness, this symptom of our generation is plain to see. But he speaks for the majority, not the cream of our generational crop, who have risen above the pedestrian lifestyle to function in the elite category of men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
i like whenever someone talks about "real men" because it's an easy indicator that the rest of what they're saying is best ignored

• Locked thread