Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

No social links?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I loving love the protags flair here. I want an av of it.

Mercurochrome posted:

i hope the cat is not annoying like teddie

You know catwoman from the 1960s Batman show? She'll talk like that.
"Purrrrfect"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Trailer looks swank as gently caress but there better be social links so the never ending debate of Best Girl can continue

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mercurochrome posted:

No social links?

It's probably under Cooperation, since that's fairly close to the Japanese word for the Social Links. Partners in crime.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mercurochrome posted:

No social links?

I assume they retooled the system into "Cooperation," they'd be crazy to drop it entirely.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Kortel posted:

Uhm... They were in the Catherine bar from the looks of it.

Can you point out something specific? It really doesn't look like the Stray Sheep.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

hubris.height posted:

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i thought the same thing about the lupin theme

i for one look forward to stealth crawling dungeons

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...rsona+The+Fifth

Posting this again because it works really well. Mute the left side unmute the right and :getin:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Stray Sheep impression really just comes from the booth, it's almost nothing like the Stray Sheep in appearance otherwise.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Can you point out something specific? It really doesn't look like the Stray Sheep.

Looks more like a cafe to me.

Also, if you pay attention to the trailer, you'll note they're actually in Tokyo. Guns, demons, Tokyo, we're back to good old Megaten.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Finally, I know what it is to feel hype again

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Love that first good Persona trailer feel. It's like this and this all over again.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I'm on my phone at work. I was wrong, got excited there.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
The stealth stuff, instead of being "stealth sections" as such, could be something like if you use cover or are stealthy you can easily sneak past bad guys you don't want to fight or get the drop on them very easily. And because of how fast it looks, it could be pretty cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If you watch the demon he's sneaking up on has a animation for turning it's head so it's not just staring straight forward the entire time.

I suppose this is how you'll get back attacks or perhaps if you're completely undetected you can get a first strike type deal with a gun.

Edit: Also red pools form at his feet whenever he lands at a destination, wonder if it's for style or just to denote where you're going.

Edit 2: Also noticed his Health/SP bar is still on screen even during the overworld, hazards during the dungeon segments?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

This is the closest I saw.

Anyway, "Commu" (SLink) isn't on the menu, but "Cooperation" is.

Let us all hold hands and pray that this game does not involve mandatory stealth sections.
The dog tags are the party member names, right? The protag also has a Joker mask.

Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006
MC's persona is Prometheus, calling it now. Also in the last few seconds it looks like he might actually become his Persona, not just summon it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Holy Cow posted:

MC's persona is Prometheus, calling it now. Also in the last few seconds it looks like he might actually become his Persona, not just summon it.

Look right above you. It's Joker, apparently.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Butt Ghost posted:

The dog tags are the party member names, right? The protag also has a Joker mask.
Tuxedo Mask Harry Potter Royal Flush Gang.

:syoon:

Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Look right above you. It's Joker, apparently.

Hmm I thought that was just extra flair not the Persona's name, but I could be wrong.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think they'll go back to Greek stuff so soon anyway.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Yeah if it's the weapon buying screen they probably wouldn't have your persona's name out there.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I didn't notice the lizard motif on the equipment buying screen :3:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Joker is probably the MC's nickname or something. It says "The Fool" underneath it, which is obviously going to be his initial/main arcana.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

New thing I'm now curious about: I wonder how they're gonna handle party members in the overworld, are they just going to use MC as the sole avatar or will you be able to have your partners run around jumpin on stuff too?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Chexoid posted:

Yeah if it's the weapon buying screen they probably wouldn't have your persona's name out there.

It could just be referring to the fool arcana also being called joker.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Kortel posted:

Uhm... They were in the Catherine bar from the looks of it. Loving this poo poo.

The layout and appearance is completely different, idk why people keep saying this.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Joker is probably the MC's nickname or something. It says "The Fool" underneath it, which is obviously going to be his initial/main arcana.

Oh man, that's fantastic. Instead of calling you Senpai or Leader, they give each other "cool" codenames like Joker.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Dragonatrix posted:

Hey, that means that people can talk about the MC without an awkward pause where his name is supposed to be, because they'll be calling him Joker.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of weapons, seems MC uses a knife and gun, the dude uses a shotgun, the lady uses a machine gun, and the cat has a slingshot.
Couldn't spot their melee weapons except for this:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Golden Goat posted:

I'm gonna assume Joker is his vigilante name in reference to this.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Golden Goat posted:

Nicknames based on arcana? Joker = Fool, Strongman = Strength...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Terper posted:

Oh man, that's fantastic. Instead of calling you Senpai or Leader, they give each other "cool" codenames like Joker.

But his nickname/thief title is Phantom.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

HGH posted:

Speaking of weapons, seems MC uses a knife and gun, the dude uses a shotgun, the lady uses a machine gun, and the cat has a slingshot.

Anzu uses a whip and Ryuji a pipe.

Holy Cow
Dec 8, 2006
I think I'm gonna love Ryuji.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Bland posted:

The layout and appearance is completely different, idk why people keep saying this.

It wouldn't make sense anyway - this obviously takes place in Tokyo, and Catherine most definitely didn't.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Holy Cow posted:

Hmm I thought that was just extra flair not the Persona's name, but I could be wrong.

If anything they're giving nicknames to each of the characters that either follow a Suit of Cards or something.

HGH posted:

Couldn't spot their melee weapons except for this:

Dude uses a lead pipe and the lady uses possibly whips?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I am definitely loving what I've seen so far. Regardless of style, I hope the Battle Theme turns out to be a bit like this, complete with Lotus Juice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJuy30GJK4A

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Morgana uses the scimitar in that one screenshot :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

OneDeadman posted:

Dude uses a lead pipe and the lady uses possibly whips?

i for one welcome a return to snes megaten weaponry