Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

MizPiz posted:

I'm starting to think they want to try to beat the trolls by standing their ground. By kicking them, the rpers are conceding defeat and admitting that the trolls were successful; however, if they just leave on their own, the rpers get chance to brag about their internet victory and feel like they're superior to the trolls.

Basically, it's the closest they can get to feeling like they're better than someone.

This is stupid though. If someone is doing low effort/boring trolling I just kick them and move along. I don't put any thought into it, it's a reflex reaction. Meanwhile if I engage with the troll, he wins.

The real reason these people bite down is that they have no sense of ID outside of their "Alternate Life". Look I find the very loving name "Second Life" to be someone offensive to my semi well adjusted person sensibilities. Now imagine some non self aware shut-in ex soccer mom/spinster who's only sense of social accomplishment is joining a biker gang in a really loving bad video game and e-loving her way to the top of it ... and well it's basically mentally unstable people and shut ins all the way down.

A normal well adjusted person when dealing with someone griefing their internet video game social time goes "Well doing literally anything else would be a better use of my time" and then they get to it. Because their emotional investment is mainly tied up in "Am I having fun right now?"

A mentally hosed up person when dealing with someone griefing their internet video game social time as blocking off the only social outlet they have and lose their loving hosed up minds. Because they are emotionally invested beyond a healthy point.

And people in second life definitely follow into the mentally unstable group, I figure 95% of the people on that poo poo platform are far too tied up into their virtual ID. Don't believe me? Create an account, dress up like Abe Lincoln and try to free the slaves in a gorean sim.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Rhymenoserous posted:

Don't believe me? Create an account, dress up like Abe Lincoln and try to free the slaves in a gorean sim.

someone please do this right away

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Rhymenoserous posted:

A normal well adjusted person when dealing with someone griefing their internet video game social time goes "Well doing literally anything else would be a better use of my time" and then they get to it. Because their emotional investment is mainly tied up in "Am I having fun right now?"

Figuring this one out lead me to becoming a much better and more productive person. Also less stress in my life. I have so much poo poo to do at my current job and yet my life feels about half as stressful as when I was overinvested in World of Warcraft and pissed off about videogames.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

bathroomrage posted:

If you are, I'm worse because my favorite part is "Can't combo break yo' daddy!".

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Croccers posted:

Personally I love GET MONEY. :allears:

"I bet this 100 hit combo reminds you of your childhood! You can't combo break yo daddy!"
"I bet you get a lot of combo number 3's at work!"
These burns are loving unreal.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Bluemillion posted:

"I bet this 100 hit combo reminds you of your childhood! You can't combo break yo daddy!"
"I bet you get a lot of combo number 3's at work!"
These burns are loving unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBGChCoe1Gs

The last 5 seconds of this one are amazing. That guy is straight up the greatest trash talker I've ever heard.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mr. Soop posted:

The last 5 seconds of this one are amazing. That guy is straight up the greatest trash talker I've ever heard.
I'm surprised about how he looks

From a video he uploaded 6 days ago.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Mr. Soop posted:

I. normally think these are stupid. but this is loving art.

:iceburn: :vince:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYNnzUhtVBg

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TheSpookyDanger posted:

If I was a roleplayer in any game (And I'm not, I find them to be far too loving pretentious) and I was roleplaying dark daddy leatherdom 49 (@aol.com) and someone did this I wouldn't even be able to fake outrage. I'd have been dying laughing. But these people take themselves Seriously and it's loving retarded.

EDIT: I did have a friend who did an Orcish Invasion of Gor. Also a goon I believe.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Second Life still exists? I mean I guess this being the internet nothing ever dies but is simply continued by a shrinking group of ever-weirder sperglords, but still

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

What's going on here? Does some guy get the password to his twitch channel and then use it to be slightly annoying and then make an overly dramatic video about it?

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Let's not pretend comedic overdramatizing isn't done in a lot of trolling videos though. I got a chuckle out of the video but it's pretty low-brow stuff. The guy was surprised and a little put off but it's not like he freaked out.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

-Zydeco- posted:

What's going on here? Does some guy get the password to his twitch channel and then use it to be slightly annoying and then make an overly dramatic video about it?

The comments imply it was his steam password because it claims they stole $200 in CSGO items, then closed his hack complaints to valve when he filed them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm guessing they somehow installed a keylogger on his computer.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I remember seeing a couple videos posted a while back where people triggered the phone verification for a streamer's Steam account or e-mail or something and the streamer showed the code that got sent to them on the stream.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Tarezax posted:

I remember seeing a couple videos posted a while back where people triggered the phone verification for a streamer's Steam account or e-mail or something and the streamer showed the code that got sent to them on the stream.

I think the story behind this was that it just texted you the code and nothing else, the context for it was only visible to the person who requested it. Still kinda silly to just read a 5 digit code you received as a random text out loud , though.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheSpookyDanger posted:

I did this in glorious Korea MMO.

Would not recommend. Although I supposedly hosed every Goon who plays Star Citizen in the process so I guess it turned out alright.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
How can you gently caress with any goon that plays star citizen? They've put thousands of dollars into a CG ponzi scheme, you can't top that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

How can you gently caress with any goon that plays star citizen? They've put thousands of dollars into a CG ponzi scheme, you can't top that.
The problem you have is you have no one to gently caress since there's no game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

How can you gently caress goons in a game that doesn't even exist yet?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cojawfee posted:

I'm guessing they somehow installed a keylogger on his computer.
'Ratted' refers to Remote Access Trojan.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Don't gently caress goons

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

pussy riot police posted:

Don't gently caress goons

you don't know where they've been

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dizz posted:

How can you gently caress goons in a game that doesn't even exist yet?

By charging them for it.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I'm assuming in the SL Biker gang video that they're harassing him because they don't actually have the member privilege to kick him. Kind of like in Counter-strike where people threaten with "I'm gonna get you banned" but then flail helplessly while they continue to get griefed or whatever. It seems like it wasn't until the end when the actual lot owner showed up with the power to kick.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I left the Archeage group and stopped playing Archeage because Archeage was a bad game (shocker) which caused me to get kicked from the Star Citizen group.
No, I do not know how these things correlate.

None of the "leaders" of the Star Citizen guild will acknowledge me so I've never received an explanation. I've kind of just chalked it up to most of them being mentally ill at this point.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

thatguy posted:

I left the Archeage group and stopped playing Archeage because Archeage was a bad game (shocker) which caused me to get kicked from the Star Citizen group.

None of the "leaders" of the Star Citizen guild will acknowledge me so I've never received an explanation. I've kind of just chalked it up to most of them being mentally ill at this point.

goon mmo players are mentally ill.
well, that's all i have to say, because griefing is kind of bad. cya.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

THE PENETRATOR posted:

that's all i have to say
Your gimmick was not lost on me, friend.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thatguy posted:

I asked on behalf of kimsemus in PM, and was told by one of the guild leaders that they didn't want to import drama. I have no idea what that means or why it was relevant, but if you want some closure thats probably as good as it'll get

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
I spoke to an SC leader about it at the time and they basically just said they didn't want drama or people who post screenshots of internal chat in the offsite forums (y'know, the forums that were going down in a flaming wreck at the time and was populated by other blithering idiots).

Basically the whole situation was dumb as gently caress.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Eonwe posted:

and was told by one of the guild leaders that they didn't want to import drama. I have no idea what that means or why it was relevant,
I will translate, it means "were not gonna tell you poo poo :smug:"

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
One of the high ranking archeage goons was openly a pedophile lol

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Water is wet. See here! Water is wet!

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
A friend of mine at work who dumped like $200 into Star Citizen was raving about Archeage until he left

Well that's my story cya

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Segmentation Fault posted:

A friend of mine at work who dumped like $200 into Star Citizen was raving about Archeage until he left

Well that's my story cya

Tell him you're a goon and watch him freak out

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Tardcore posted:

One of the high ranking archeage goons was openly a pedophile lol

He also tried to defend it, other goons tried to defend it. then he exploded and claimed that goons just wanted him out of the picture so they could control the guild and they split the guild in half.

I'm glad I didn't give Archeage a shot.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dizz posted:

I'm glad I didn't give Archeage a shot.
Or, you know, you could've chosen not to play it with idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. No more dancing!
Jun 15, 2006
Let 'er rip, dude!

kalstrams posted:

Or, you know, you could've chosen not to play it with idiots.

He did.

• Locked thread