Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goodog posted:

That overpass can't catch a break.

The guy down by her left leg is totally looking up the Fifty Foot Woman's skirt. I guess he likes 'em big!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

The guy down by her left leg is totally looking up the Fifty Foot Woman's skirt. I guess he likes 'em big!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jedit posted:

Hey now, don't kink shame, that's a fetish for some folks.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Young Freud posted:

Hey now, don't kink shame, that's a fetish for some folks.

And you can't tell me no red-blooded male wouldn't do exactly the same thing.

(Now I have to scan the poster for The Amazing Colossal Man to see if any woman are checking out his school bus-sized junk...)

EDIT: Nope, but it looks like the two men in the foreground are getting quietly jealous)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Distorted Kiwi posted:

And you can't tell me no red-blooded male wouldn't do exactly the same thing.

(Now I have to scan the poster for The Amazing Colossal Man to see if any woman are checking out his school bus-sized junk...)

EDIT: Nope, but it looks like the two men in the foreground are getting quietly jealous)

I love the proportions of this as it makes the woman look as tall as those jetplanes are long.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Madkal posted:

I love the proportions of this as it makes the woman look as tall as those jetplanes are long.

Hell, based on the building next to his calf, she may actually be The 50 Ft Woman.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Paper Kaiju posted:

Hell, based on the building next to his calf, she may actually be The 50 Ft Woman.

This movie has more layers than I gave it credit for...

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Rurea posted:

Stole this from Reddit:

While some of these posters are kinda neat, I feel like some are such weird and kinda dumb stretches that the person who made it is incapable of looking at something without their nerd brain equating it with some other nerd poo poo. The akuma one I think might be most guilty of this

maybe i'm just a tick in the mud though

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

While some of these posters are kinda neat, I feel like some are such weird and kinda dumb stretches that the person who made it is incapable of looking at something without their nerd brain equating it with some other nerd poo poo. The akuma one I think might be most guilty of this

nah I'm in the same boat.

Basically, it's just like "can you enjoy something that is not based on a toy or a video game? are you really that much a manchild?"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm pretty sure it was from a contest. The contest was turn Oscar movies into pop culture "parodies". When I made mine, I actually came up with the idea on accident and went with it. I don't like the posters too much, but hey, those people are going to make a butt load of money on a bunch of dumb manchild nerds who don't see how kinda gently caress it up it is to turn Selma into a Street Fighter movie...but I digress.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I'm pretty sure it was from a contest.

Oh. That's a bit more reasonable.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Calico Heart posted:

That is Reddit in a nutshell.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
That's a drat classy poster in honor of Walker. I should see those movies someday.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

effectual posted:

That's a drat classy poster in honor of Walker. I should see those movies someday.

1 is a subpar remake of Point Break, and 2 is...I don't even fuckin' know what. But starting with 3 they get awesome. You still need to watch 1 and 2 for the other poo poo to make sense, though.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The F/F movies are basically exactly what they say they are, dudes and ladies in cars with violence and all that. If that is the thing you want to see, those flicks provide it. The second one is the worst one, but Joker's right, they realize starting around 3 and 4 that they can just put the craziest poo poo on the screen and it'll actually be better than trying to make it serious or make sense.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
So far Fast and Furious has a Star Trek-style movie pattern for me: 1, 3, and 5 I loved in their goofy way while 2, 4, and 6 were the ones I didn't enjoy as much. Therefore this one will be loving great so rest easy everyone

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^
Two and four blow, but all the others are at least decently entertaining. Six isn't quite as awesome as Five I thought, but still pretty good.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Please remember that while FF1 is a blatant remake of Point Break, FF3 is also a remake... of The Karate Kid.

It's also probably the best FF, or at least the most consistently enjoyable.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Since Paul's death it feels like the marketing and behind the scenes talk have started selling this as the last film. I kind of hope that's the case and the proposed 8 and 9 get put on the shelf for a while.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.

PriorMarcus posted:

Since Paul's death it feels like the marketing and behind the scenes talk have started selling this as the last film. I kind of hope that's the case and the proposed 8 and 9 get put on the shelf for a while.

This franchise makes way too much money for that to happen.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really liked Fast & Furious 4 because it was basically just a revenge movie that happened to feature the characters from the Fast & Furious franchise.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I liked Fast Five because the whole safe sequence was real, practical stuntwork and it shows

Parachute
May 18, 2003
I liked Fast Five because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3xM80wQvw8

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Are they really worth watching or is it ironic or whatever? I remember the first one coming out and every teenager with a lovely Neon putting on fart pipes and skirts.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ariza posted:

Are they really worth watching or is it ironic or whatever? I remember the first one coming out and every teenager with a lovely Neon putting on fart pipes and skirts.

5 and 6 are legit good action movies. 1 and 3 are strictly guilty pleasure. 2 and 4 are bad.

corn in the bible posted:

I liked Fast Five because the whole safe sequence was real, practical stuntwork and it shows

That's been my worry with Furious 7. It looks a bit too CGI shiny to me in some scenes of the trailer, but I don't know how much of it is actually practical vs. special effects.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

GrandpaPants posted:

5 and 6 are legit good action movies.

The problem is that they (especially 6) pretty much require you to have seen the previous 5 movies to understand any of the characters' motivations or major plot points.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

zenintrude posted:

The problem is that they (especially 6) pretty much require you to have seen the previous 5 movies to understand any of the characters' motivations or major plot points.

Sort of? I showed my friends 5 for a movie night movie and prefaced it by saying, "Just imagine Ocean's 11 but with car junkies and superhero action pieces." The only thing that needs explained is why the cellphones are not the new modern ones (4-6 take place before 3).

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

zenintrude posted:

You might miss some of the subtleties but they usually just say stuff like "I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD" and "WE'VE GOT TO TAKE THIS GUY OUT, HE KILLED RICKY" out loud a few times if it's important

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ariza posted:

Just watch them starting with 5, that's when they changed from COOL CAR movies to weird car-themed heist movies featuring The Rock

I mean, the plot of Fast 6 is that the British government hires Vin Diesel because he is the only one fast enough to stop the Secret Fast Car Divison of the KGB, it's great

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

1 is a subpar remake of Point Break

This is a funny line to me considering I'm currently working on trailer/TV spots for this exact thing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2058673/?ref_=nv_sr_2

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

kiimo posted:

This is a funny line to me considering I'm currently working on trailer/TV spots for this exact thing.

Please assure me that it retains this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQByZs-DgQU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I thought it got pushed back to December?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

zenintrude posted:

Please assure me that it retains this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQByZs-DgQU

I knew what that was going to be before I clicked it I loving love that movie.

Fast 5 & 6 are everything that the expendables movies should have been and that's coming from someone who enjoys those movies.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

kiimo posted:

Even funnier given The Fast and The Furious is actually a superior remake.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jedit posted:

Even funnier given The Fast and The Furious is actually a superior remake.

Actually it's not. They just bought the title because they liked the sound. They actually DID remake that movie though, but they did it way before the modern F&F movies, and changed the name to The Chase. It stars Charlie Sheen and Kristy Swanson.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

I thought it got pushed back to December?

Ha yeah it did. They're still sending ADR reads to us since you can't understand anything anybody says with their accents. There is nothing in this film that made the original a fun classic. It's extreme sports and a bunch of pointless Buddhism.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I think artistically this is the best fanmade Drive poster I've ever seen (not that thats saying much) but it dosent really fit the movie. Makes it look like a Dirty Harry sequel or something

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

zenintrude posted:

I can assure you that I did not watch any of the previous films before going into see 6 and had only a dim awareness of what happened in the previous films because of general internet chatter and understood fine. Maybe there was some underlying subtle stuff that would have impressed me more if I had seen the others, but it was fun to watch on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
When does The Rock show up? I feel like he's Vin's better looking and more charismatic older brother.