Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Jesus, it's always Houston. I'm a pretty chill guy but when I get near Houston I turn into the guy from that WoW boss wipe video. Houston drivers and anti-vaxxers are two sure-fire ways to make me lose my goddamn marbles.

As an ex-pat Canadian living in Houston I classify Houston drivers into two categories: those who don't know a turn indicator can be turned on and those who don't know a turn indicator can be turned off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dude's taking his cosplay of Pete Hutter pretty hardcore.

"Rumors of my demise by perforation have been greatly exaggerated." :devil:

apologies, can't find a youtube of the perforated scene :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 04:17 on Feb 7, 2015

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

A_Bluenoser posted:

As an ex-pat Canadian living in Houston I classify Houston drivers into two categories: those who don't know a turn indicator can be turned on and those who don't know a turn indicator can be turned off.

Fun fact, you'll find that in every state in the country!

Also, every place other than America has that as well.

I've really come to the conclusion that no matter where you go, people are just loving retarded on the roads unless you're in the mountains of Switzerland or some poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

shinymodem posted:

New fail army, pretty standard fare.
http://youtu.be/x8BwV10KmIE

How can you say that in the face of the Russain cat who gives absolutely no fucks at 3:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8BwV10KmIE&t=200s

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tore him four new ones but was very close to making it 6.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

shinymodem posted:

I dunno, this was pretty goddamn funny in several areas. Dr. Claw's cat, the jump across the stream, and that final one with the dogs had me gasping for breath.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Why was Santa watching at 00:42? And the delighted howls and moans over the overloaded truck at 07:40 prove that schadenfreude is universal.

quote:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
"Not on my watch pillow!"

ekuNNN posted:

“The line is crossed for us when they leave the house with their misanthropic thinking,”
I see thought police is alive and well :stare:

Pierzak has a new favorite as of 08:52 on Feb 7, 2015

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Pierzak posted:

"Not on my watch pillow!"

I see thought police is alive and well :stare:

Well when those thoughts are A) Publically stated and, B) being a goddamned Nazi...

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Making hay where the sun don't shine.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

FlyinPingu posted:

Well when those thoughts are A) Publically stated and, B) being a goddamned Nazi...

they arent really nazis

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Samfucius posted:

rrrrrRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGEEEEeeeee

Was driving into work when a car peeled out of a local bar's parking lot and nearly broadsided me. Enough distance before he stopped but it was close enough. So I keep driving to work, pull into my parking spot and this same weird-rear end looking car pulls up next to me. The passenger looks at me and full on straight up punches my driver-side window. How he didn't break it was beyond me. But if that window wasn't up, I was getting straight-up cold-clock knocked the gently caress out. No doubt.
He was rearing back again when the driver peeled out of there and probably saved my car from a broken window at least.
The next day, I'm heading out to my car to work...
And that same weird-rear end looking car is parked in the parking lot of the apartment building next my house. As it was every day for the next few months.
That driver lived next door to me, and if his buddy actually hit me, would have been the product of the most ridiculous bit of schadenfeude I can imagine.

acejackson42 has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Feb 7, 2015

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

acejackson42 posted:

Was driving into work when a car peeled out of a local bar's parking lot and nearly broadsided me. Enough distance before he stopped but it was close enough. So I keep driving to work, pull into my parking spot and this same weird-rear end looking car pulls up next to me. The passenger looks at me and full on straight up punches my driver-side window. How he didn't break it was beyond me. But if that window wasn't up, I was getting straight-up cold-clock knocked the gently caress out. No doubt.
He was rearing back again when the driver peeled out of there and probably saved my car from a broken window at least.
The next day, I'm heading out to my car to work...
And that same weird-rear end looking car is parked in the parking lot of the apartment building next my house. As it was every day for the next few months.
That driver lived next door to me, and if his buddy actually hit me, would have been the product of the most ridiculous bit of schadenfeude I can imagine.

He probably would have broken his hand before he broke the window.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bw39SIiHrQ

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Crowdfunding site Indiegogo allows people to create fundraising projects for personal emergencies and life issues and as you can imagine there's an endless parade of idiots who have hosed up their lives and can't think of any way out except to beg for money from internet strangers. Here's a few random selections of people whose lives are shittier and more pathetic than yours:

"This person had then used the order number to tell Amazon that the items didn't arrive (I don't know how they did this), thus the full refund was paid into my bank account. I told Amazon that the I-pads did arrive and they needed to re-charge me."

"We run out of money, so i get idea to try play black jack."

"One of the cops beat me to the ground after I had called him a fascist pig."

"I went to the "FBI" "Cyber Squad" and made a complaint and they told me that they do not have enough man power to find out who is behind the Defamation Campaign and because I'm not a known Talent that they cannot do anything for me. "

"I HAVE LOST MY GUN RIGHTS AS A RESULT OF A HOSPITAL STAY. I WOULD LIKE TO HIRE A LAWYER TO TRY AND REGAIN MY GUN RIGHTS BACK."

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

they arent really nazis

The NPD "aren't really nazis" in the same way as Golden Dawn isn't, they're just slightly more circumspect about it.

For related schadenfreude, at some point the NPD's chairman decided to advertise with she slogan "throttle up" which in german is phrased as "giving gas". As you might imagine, this did not exactly go over well. But overnight some enterprising individuals replaced those posters with some that featured Jörg Haider, an even greater shitheel and chairman of the even more extreme austrian party FPÖ, who'd just recently managed to kill himself while driving drunk and speeding.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'll never understand how countries in Europe that were loving bombed by Nazis or had their country occupied and pillaged by them can have loving people who join fascist groups. How do they not get their rear end kicked on a daily basis?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Some people have zero sense of history, and are ignorant racist morons in general. See also: descendants of European colonists who hate both aboriginal people *and* immigrants.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
In a country where your government fails to support you due to golden handjobs for the rich, resulting in soaring unemployment, pathetic wages and no signs of future improvement in your life, any philosophy or organisation that gives you someone to blame and an identity to share will easily attract members.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
Speaking of those Russians enforcing traffic laws, the ones enforcing no smoking laws are just as good lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNO-HGQvS7k

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
That seems more confrontational than being righteous.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Boat posted:

I dunno, this was pretty goddamn funny in several areas. Dr. Claw's cat, the jump across the stream, and that final one with the dogs had me gasping for breath.

I died at the jumping across the stream one. Mostly because something very similar happened to me when I was doing field work in grad school. So cold. So squishy. Very funny.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Astrobastard posted:

Speaking of those Russians enforcing traffic laws, the ones enforcing no smoking laws are just as good lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNO-HGQvS7k

this is the dumbest poo poo.

i want to fight some guys, but i need a "reeeaaasooon"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Man that last FailArmy video summed up fails perfectly with that first idiot on the bike.

:byodood:HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAA:stonk:gently caress

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ini1EWqTgd4

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Who doesn't love a good picture from the ER?

Million-to-one shot, doc. Million-to-one!

Edit: Probably should NWS this for :fork::tutbutt:

I knew a guy in high school who actually got a pitchfork through the front of his face like this and survived.

poo poo was unreal.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Schadenfreude or irony? Hell, why can't it be both?

Anti-vaxer megachurch hit with measles; now offers free vaccinations

My favorite part: "Of course it didn't come from someone inside the church! It came from some dirty outsider!"

quote:

Eagle Mountain International Church, about 50 miles northwest of Dallas, released a statement Tuesday that said a visitor attended a service who had been overseas and was exposed to measles.

“Therefore the congregation, staff at Kenneth Copeland Ministries and the daycare center on the property were exposed through that contact,” the statement said.

E: Article is 2 years old, but in the wake of recent events it seems relevant.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Feb 7, 2015

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Video compilation of drones crashing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9rnTk6FBzs

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

These are fantastic! I googled Alan Trudeau, the guy who wanted the FBI cybersquad to help him. First of all, his IMDB page has one credit, where he played "EMT" in a movie called the Losers in 2010. His money making scheme seems to be convincing Puerto Ricans to pay him $7,000 to be members of his model/actor talent agency.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALAN-...SHOPS-S-1142441

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Staryberry posted:

I googled Alan Trudeau, the guy who wanted the FBI cybersquad to help him. First of all, his IMDB page has one credit, where he played "EMT" in a movie called the Losers in 2010. His money making scheme seems to be convincing Puerto Ricans to pay him $7,000 to be members of his model/actor talent agency.

WebDog dug up some extra info on him in the GBS Kickstarter thread:

WebDog posted:

Hah, from what I can dig up (it's mostly in Spanish) he's a no-name extra and model who fills his facebook pages with tales of grandeur on being seen in the background of some film or so.

To cite an example; his claim of "The SAG is the highest reputation you can get as an actor!".
You simply have to appear in at least three commercials. Tommy Wiseau managed to do this by shooting ads for his own business, starring himself.

The main beef comes from him allegedly claiming to be from the International Model Talent Agency and hosting events at conferences where he appears to bill people twice the amount that's actually charged, then press them for further fees, all the while anyone who ends up in these "training" sessions get lumped with other unexpected fees that they were told had been paid for; like transport.

Plus there's other allegations that he pursues underage women for photo shoots.

And he wonders why his reputation is in tatters.

Fake it 'til you make it! (Does not make it.)

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Staryberry posted:

These are fantastic! I googled Alan Trudeau, the guy who wanted the FBI cybersquad to help him. First of all, his IMDB page has one credit, where he played "EMT" in a movie called the Losers in 2010. His money making scheme seems to be convincing Puerto Ricans to pay him $7,000 to be members of his model/actor talent agency.

I knew I'd heard of that site, the F Plus did a podcast on it.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Perestroika posted:

Jörg Haider, an even greater shitheel and chairman of the even more extreme austrian party FPÖ, who'd just recently managed to kill himself while driving drunk and speeding.

...on his way home from a gay bar...

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

WebDog dug up some extra info on him in the GBS Kickstarter thread:

Fake it 'til you make it! (Does not make it.)

It's even easier to join SAG-AFTRA than that. As a non-union extra you can sometimes get lucky enough to be given union vouchers (payslips); get three of those and you're eligible. If you get given a line (extraordinarily rare but it does happen) then you're eligible. If you get cast in a speaking role in a SAG-AFTRA production, you're eligible.

If he considers that an actor's highest goal, it just shows how low down on the showbiz food chain he really is.

vvv Those are my favorite kinds of schadenfreude, where someone's got a record of the moment before disaster strikes. :allears:

Otana has a new favorite as of 02:08 on Feb 8, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Who doesn't love a good picture from the ER?

Million-to-one shot, doc. Million-to-one!

Edit: Probably should NWS this for :fork::tutbutt:

It has fork in its buttmeat

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

My favorite part: "Of course it didn't come from someone inside the church! It came from some dirty outsider!"

You’re telling me that we didn’t observe spontaneous generation? :monocle:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Who wants some internet Schadenfreude, courtesy of the Games Speedrun thread?

So, a dude with the nickname 'MK Wizard' has several recorded gaming world records. He posted a new record video on some site, and people over there proved it had been tampered with. Being exposed as a fraud, he reacts in the most Schadenfreudy way possible. I don't know too much about that community but still enjoyed reading it.

The post in which he was exposed. Read the rest of that thread for his reactions. Apparently moderation is loving slow there, so he's still posting.

As someone over there summarizes, this is basically what happened:

quote:

1. You post a video in which you cheated. You now claim you knowingly did this as "a test".
2. Zallard1 calls you out, which you now claim you knew he was going to "jump in".
3. You start by completely ignoring the cheating allegations until more adjudicators jump in, you know, like how they're supposed to.
4. You claim it's the "internet trolls" and "online bullies" who are persecuting you.
5. More members jump in. You change your name in your signature and assume a new identity, and now try to use the "hackers" excuse as your way out.
6. You delete the cheating video from your YouTube channel to attempt to hide evidence. Thankfully Zallard1 saved it before you could do so.
7. After continuing to be called out, you come back into the thread and say you don't plan on submitting records, hate the site layout, don't need TG, and hope TG fails. You also credit Rocky Rose to your training, who has made multiple calculated threats against my life.
8. You send a message to zallard1 calling him a "little troll", telling him to stay on his "little SDA website" and that he's a "cheater".
9. You make another post saying "TG is built to fail unlike me" and that you "succeed in the real world with a good paying computer job" and "don't sit around in my Mom's house and play video games".
10. Jace, by the grace of God, offers you only a six month ban if you confess and apologize.
11. Your entire tune changes. Now you claim you deliberately did this, and we need to be a mature group of adjudicators and have mercy on you.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The good old puppetmaster defence. Has anyone in the history of the world ever believed it when someone has tried this :allears:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

The good old puppetmaster defence. Has anyone in the history of the world ever believed it when someone has tried this :allears:

That guy from Being John Malkovich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Gorilla Salad posted:

I love that Googling 'puppet master defence' immediately brings up a SA article

• Locked thread