Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

cams posted:

121 with Pardo, Delaney, and Rust. He doesn't play clips, just reads the synopsis I believe.

Oh man. I feel like I really remember hearing Whoopie Goldberg's voice? Maybe I'm wrong. The thing I'm trying to remember specifically is the phrasing of a question Scott askes the guest to respond to. I'm being annoyingly vague because I only barely remember this. I'll just listen to the episode.

cams posted:

and an exciting game of What Am I Thinking.

The glorious jism incident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

tnimark posted:

Oh man. I feel like I really remember hearing Whoopie Goldberg's voice? Maybe I'm wrong. The thing I'm trying to remember specifically is the phrasing of a question Scott askes the guest to respond to. I'm being annoyingly vague because I only barely remember this. I'll just listen to the episode.
When you say that it makes me think there were clips because I feel like I can remember Whoopi's voice too, but that may be because her voice is so distinguishable. Maybe. I don't know.

But I know they talk about how the ladies on the view just talk poo poo on how ugly the lady Schwarzenegger had sex with is.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Found it! It was a few episodes later with Todd Barry, Nick Thune and Matthew Sweet. They did Hot Topics again and played clips. The phrase I was looking for was "Is this a big deal now?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ugW2m8FJw

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

cams posted:

121 with Pardo, Delaney, and Rust. He doesn't play clips, just reads the synopsis I believe. Also, this episode features "how you weigh?", broing out, and an exciting game of What Am I Thinking.

Someone give me another episode to find based on a tiny thing that happened in it, I'm good at this.

Can you find the episode where Scott says "My wife" and/or "Friday Night Lights"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

Can you find the episode where Scott says "My wife" and/or "Friday Night Lights"
Hm, I'm not sure. To be fair, I have not heard all the episodes so it might be in one of those I haven't. Sorry.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

tnimark posted:

I'll just listen to the episode.

The weirdest thing about listening to an episode from 2011 was that when plugging a live show Rob Delaney had to explain who Lena Dunham was by mentioning her movie Tiny Furniture.

Henry Crustwheel
Jun 22, 2010

Those should be in separate boxes.

tnimark posted:

The weirdest thing about listening to an episode from 2011 was that when plugging a live show Rob Delaney had to explain who Lena Dunham was by mentioning her movie Tiny Furniture.

I didn't know who you were either until I looked it up. Good for you, Lena.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Henry Crustwheel posted:

I didn't know who you were either until I looked it up. Good for you, Lena.

Ok now thats the funny poo poo, that is more funny than the comedy podcast and it's why my new podcast where i read epic posts like this out loud is number 1 on itunes right now.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Who could forget Delaney's disdain at Michael Jackson and his constant "Hee-hee's."

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cams posted:

121 with Pardo, Delaney, and Rust. He doesn't play clips, just reads the synopsis I believe. Also, this episode features "how you weigh?", broing out, and an exciting game of What Am I Thinking.

Someone give me another episode to find based on a tiny thing that happened in it, I'm good at this.

Please identify episodes in which the game Jing It or Ding It is played

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Who could forget Delaney's disdain at Michael Jackson and his constant "Hee-hee's."

give me mah milk........

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

epitasis posted:

Please identify episodes in which the game Jing It or Ding It is played

It's the one with Will Forte, right?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gargamel Gibson posted:

It's the one with Will Forte, right?

Yep, forte and Leo Allen

I just listened to it two days ago, how weird that it would come up now. It's literally called Jing it or Ding it! so I think that's :thejoke:, also it's a terrible game

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

soggybagel posted:

Well, gently caress that guy!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
This selfie Adam Scott just took with Scott is so goddamn perfect:

https://twitter.com/mradamscott/status/563901694489010176

I really need to listen to U Talking U2 To Me, don't I?

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

abraham linksys posted:

This selfie Adam Scott just took with Scott is so goddamn perfect:

https://twitter.com/mradamscott/status/563901694489010176

I really need to listen to U Talking U2 To Me, don't I?

You'll learn all about those crafty lads from Liverpool

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
This isn't exactly CBB-related, but felt I had to share this crazy lady I found on Twitter who is some kind of Nick Kroll conspiracy theorist. And also hates Tig and thinks her cancer was fake?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

GraPar posted:

This isn't exactly CBB-related, but felt I had to share this crazy lady I found on Twitter who is some kind of Nick Kroll conspiracy theorist. And also hates Tig and thinks her cancer was fake?

:eyepop:

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

GraPar posted:

lol cool

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

http://henypire.blogspot.com/2014/01/review-of-kroll-show.html

Some Insane Blogger posted:

In other words Nick's nickname is not just Nick the prick or Nick the dick, but also, Nick "The bottomless checkbook" Kroll.

e: oh god I kept reading and apparently nick kroll destroyed this woman's life?

This Lady is crazy posted:

Very few would have impetus to investigate such a seemingly inconsequential state of affairs. A D-list comic, you can't be serious? Who cares?
But, if one has incentive as I do( because he decimated their lives using deeply dirty tricks,) they will soon see that an endless stream of journalists have abdicated a degree of ethics to wink wink and agree to Nick Kroll's seemingly incessant requests for press and plugs and "impressions."

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 8, 2015

Beeez
May 28, 2012
She's also on Youtube and Reddit several times. She's obviously got some kind of mental illness, but one wonders how Nick Kroll and Tig Notaro became her targets.

Beeez fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 8, 2015

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Nice.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

It's the Hollywood facts and we're going downtown

Beeez
May 28, 2012
...going to Englewood now! Well you gotta do your facts and know your stars, it's glitz and glamor and lots of bars! Get a drink at a club, then go walk in front of Chinese Theater! Hollywood Facts...TAKE OUT YOUR DICKS!!!! Check out the facts it's the Hollywood FactsBro!

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Beeez posted:

She's also on Youtube and Reddit several times. She's obviously got some kind of mental illness, but one wonders how Nick Kroll and Tig Notaro became her targets.

She was an aspiring stand-up comedian who used to date an ex-girlfriend of Tig Notaro's. She's also totally insane and been at this for years, everywhere on the Internet that it's possible to comment-spam. When I first got into CBB/CDR in 2009 I ended up Googling Tig Notaro after I enjoyed her guest spot, and then there were a ton of comments on everything about how Tig was a vindictive monster, which dismayed me for like five minutes until I realised they were all clearly from the same person and that person has been repeatedly put on trial for stalking and harassment of Tig Notaro, who has enough fuckin' problems.

The fixation with Nick Kroll is more recent, I think ever since she found out his dad is loaded she placed him as the puppetmaster firmly at the centre of the psychotic conspiracy nexus that's preventing her from being a successful stand-up (the most tragicomic thing about this is she still thinks herself a great stand up)

edit: Stef Willen is the ex, I can't remember the actual stalker's name but she'll drop it every now and then as the only recorded victim of the Krolluminati because she's a total narcissist as well as a presumed schizophrenic

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 8, 2015

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GimpChimp posted:

She's Stephanie somebody and she was an aspiring stand-up comedian who used to date an ex-girlfriend of Tig Notaro's. She's also totally insane and been at this for years, everywhere on the Internet that it's possible to comment-spam. When I first got into CBB/CDR in 2009 I ended up Googling Tig Notaro after I enjoyed her guest spot, and then there were a ton of comments on everything about how Tig was a vindictive monster, which dismayed me for like five minutes until I realised they were all clearly from the same person and that person has been repeatedly put on trial for stalking and harassment of Tig Notaro, who has enough fuckin' problems.

The fixation with Nick Kroll is more recent, I think ever since she found out his dad is loaded she placed him as the puppetmaster firmly at the centre of the psychotic conspiracy nexus that's preventing her from being a successful stand-up (the most tragicomic thing about this is she still thinks herself a great stand up)

Yikes. This seems obsessive even for a stalker.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Restraining order stuff
http://www.fearnotlaw.com/wsnkb/articles/notaro_v_spitzberg-30621.html

I actually ran across this nut earlier today, quite the coincidence.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Beeez posted:

Yikes. This seems obsessive even for a stalker.

I really don't think she's doing anything else with her time. It's loving sad. I do not know how Tig keeps her poo poo together given all the things that befall her.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Of all the improvisers for nutbars to fixate upon, why not James Adomian?

George Bush and Jesse Ventura are the same person :tinfoil:

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GimpChimp posted:

I really don't think she's doing anything else with her time. It's loving sad. I do not know how Tig keeps her poo poo together given all the things that befall her.

I feel bad for Tig, but I also pity this woman. Clearly she's mentally ill.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Beeez posted:

I feel bad for Tig, but I also pity this woman. Clearly she's mentally ill.

You're entirely right, it's from illness and I guess it's cost her more than anybody. I still find it really frustrating seeing the same hostile and cracked garbage plastered over the comedy-discussion parts of the Internet for six years, so I can't imagine how the subjects must feel.

Plus she is one hell of a buzzkill.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There was a crazy, bitter as all hell person posting in the YT comments for the 92Y 'Oh Hello' video. Probably almost certain to be the same person then.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mentally ill stalkers are terrifying. A while back Steve Agee kept asking twitter to ban this psycho who would tweet IM GONNA KILL YOUUUUUUUU dozens a times, every day, at Steve from a NYC Apple Store. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still going on.

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

Beeez posted:

...going to Englewood now! Well you gotta do your facts and know your stars, it's glitz and glamor and lots of bars! Get a drink at a club, then go walk in front of Chinese Theater! Hollywood Facts...TAKE OUT YOUR DICKS!!!! Check out the facts it's the Hollywood FactsBro!

That's a good song

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
That's a good song.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That songs alright

binwin711
Oct 18, 2013
Dude from fun is kind of a tool

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Urgh, the music guests are the worst. Boring music, boring people (for the most part).

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

binwin711 posted:

Dude from fun is kind of a tool

Surprising to approximately nobody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Sometimes when I listen to shows with musician guests, particularly back when I'd listen to Loveline like 15 years ago and they'd always have current acts on, I'd feel weird if a band whose music I think is absolutely lovely was actually comprised of pretty cool-seeming people. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that here.