Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

also, change her dolphin blade recovery to the goofy spinning saw blade jump attack she did in that one cutscene in awakening. she learned it from her father

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sharrrk posted:

also, change her dolphin blade recovery to the goofy spinning saw blade jump attack she did in that one cutscene in awakening. she learned it from her father

Isn't that Ike's Aether

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

no, they don't toss their sword in the air and they don't stop spinning until they hit the ground. it's an advanced and powerful technique

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

sharrrk posted:

it doesn't contain luigi either

lol call me when they do a Year of Roy

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
If Lucina becomes more like a fast spinny Roy and Dark Pit gets more Uprising gear, their continued inclusion would be worth it. Doc is fine as is because he's Doctor goddamn Mario.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Roy is lucky he got into Melee; otherwise he would be remembered only as "Eliwood's lovely kid from the worst FE GBA game."

mabels big day posted:

you've played the really bad fire emblem game that roy is from; you tell me: does his sword have the power of flame in that game? i doubt it. Roy never belonged in smash.

His sword breaks after you use it 20 times, does that count?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

The Bee posted:

If Lucina becomes more like a fast spinny Roy and Dark Pit gets more Uprising gear, their continued inclusion would be worth it. Doc is fine as is because he's Doctor goddamn Mario.

Doctor Mario should at least be reverted back to Melee status when he was a half-decent character.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So I always played stock matches, something in time matches kind of confuses me: how does the game determine whether or not something is a fall or a SD? A lot of times I'll see deaths that weren't directly caused by an opponent still result in a point for them.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm pretty sure its the last person to have hit you in something like five seconds or until you touch the stage floor again counts as a kill for them, and outside of that its a SD

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

lol call me when they do a Year of Roy

Very well.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Roy isn't the oldest of the Koopalings (that is understood to be Ludwig), but he is the strongest and most formidable.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Reiley posted:

Roy isn't the oldest of the Koopalings (that is understood to be Ludwig), but he is the strongest and most formidable.

I believe that is also understood to be Ludwig.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

ludwig is not the strongest. the strongest is morton. ludwig is very clever however, and should not be underestimated.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Roy Koopa restores honor to the Roy family.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

sharrrk posted:

ludwig is not the strongest. the strongest is morton. ludwig is very clever however, and should not be underestimated.

Morton is only the strongest in terms of Strength. Roy is the strongest in a tactical mindset, whereas Ludwig is the strongest in a strategic sense. It couldn't be simpler.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lemmy is unpredictable, like the Joker, and that makes him dangerous.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Hmmmm yes, the Wildcard. The strongest card in Poker.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Roy has had 22 singles place on the Billboard Top 40, recorded a 3x platinum album with the Traveling Wilburys, and was inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in 1987. He has talents that go beyond Mario villainy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I respect Roy Koopa.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
If Ludwig and Roy cooperated, the brothers Mario would be forced to surrender to such brains and brawn. This is why the Koopalings are always fought individually, to keep the games fair for children.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah, but Iggy is Iggy.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Reiley posted:

Hmmmm yes, the Wildcard. The strongest card in Poker.

And also Persona

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Funky Valentine posted:

Roy has had 22 singles place on the Billboard Top 40, recorded a 3x platinum album with the Traveling Wilburys, and was inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in 1987. He has talents that go beyond Mario villainy.

And has also been wrapped ENTIRELY IN CLING-FLIM!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Yeah, but Iggy is Iggy.

iggy is the smartest of the koopalings.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

larry is my favorite. he is the youngest, but also he is the leader of them. the leonardo the rest of the groups combined raphael, donatello, and michaelangelo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

wendy is a girl

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Wendy has leukemia and the chemo made her bald. She is actually a tribute to Miyamoto's first wife RIP.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wendy is my favorite because

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wendy is my favorite because

She was the leader and the best one in the old (incredibly awesome) Nintendo Power comic :colbert:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Men cannot be trusted to lead. Wendy understands.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I got beaten a bunch by a Lucario who just spammed roll and his charge shot thing a bunch, with a couple of running attacks. It was pretty embarrassing. He wasn't even a good player, but for some reason I couldn't shield or punish for poo poo.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I got beaten a bunch by a Lucario who just spammed roll and his charge shot thing a bunch, with a couple of running attacks. It was pretty embarrassing. He wasn't even a good player, but for some reason I couldn't shield or punish for poo poo.

I play a lot of offline and online these days now. A great deal of easily punishable tactics are 100% safe online.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zolthorg posted:

I play a lot of offline and online these days now. A great deal of easily punishable tactics are 100% safe online.
It's dumb because I know I should have been able to punish it, it's just obnoxious that I couldn't pull it off for some reason.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I don't remember now, does Ike's forward B go through some projectiles like Little Mac's?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's dumb because I know I should have been able to punish it, it's just obnoxious that I couldn't pull it off for some reason.

the timing on punishing rolls is pretty tight

Who are you playing? Someone fast with a quick up smash like Pikachu or Marth can keep running and up smash where they're going to be at the end of the roll.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Blackheart posted:

I don't remember now, does Ike's forward B go through some projectiles like Little Mac's?

No, you're sort of hosed. Either it will stop you in your tracks, or you'll outright get hit by the projectile, most of the time.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

TheKingofSprings posted:

the timing on punishing rolls is pretty tight

Who are you playing? Someone fast with a quick up smash like Pikachu or Marth can keep running and up smash where they're going to be at the end of the roll.

Or you can let them roll into you like they probably will and punish with down smash.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

thanks alot assbag posted:

No, you're sort of hosed. Either it will stop you in your tracks, or you'll outright get hit by the projectile, most of the time.

The best is when you're trying to slip over Ganon's head during an edgeguard and your side-b hits the armor frames of his fsmash or warlock punch :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Yeah, Ike can be painful sometimes, but the wins are so good. Nothing like getting two kills with Eruption

• Locked thread