Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Two highwaymen with point blank shot, an occultist with stab or graverobber with pick to the face, and a vestal or jester as support in the back is pretty amazing so far. If you get the highwaymen in the right initiative order, that's 2 point blank shots per round. Pick to the face/sacrificial stab is great for taking out weakened targets and jester/vestal support keeps everyone in tiptop shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Trinkets and quirks solve the SPD issue, especially anyone with the quirk that gives them a boat load of SPD for the first turn.

If you do take some damage, just reshuffle the party. Generally healer-less parties are flexible and you juggle positions a lot. Holy lance leap frogging, etc. I love grave diggers for this type of approach too because they can do pretty much anything. Hellions are good too obviously.

I still would not run into a boss with that type of get-up unless you really knew what you were really doing with camp buffs and trinkets.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rascyc posted:

I wish I could mod the music. I am not a big fan of the music variety.

Oh yeah, and a hot key to toggle between map/inventory.

Its a PC game, just turn the music level in-game down to 0, boot up itunes or winamp or whatever in the background, and then alter the sound and voice level to taste.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I have no clue what magic was cast on the game since I last played but I just wrecked a warrens quest even. Feels good to finally be winning. I think the secret is lepers, because even without the hellion as long as I have a leper I seem to do alright even though I don't do anything special with them.

Aside from that weakness to human-type enemies, Howard is amazing I think. At least she's probably my best adventurer

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I beat my first boss, the necromancer went down super easy. I think he got to spawn 2 dudes during the entire battle, had him stun locked the gently caress up.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Baronjutter posted:

I beat my first boss, the necromancer went down super easy. I think he got to spawn 2 dudes during the entire battle, had him stun locked the gently caress up.
Pretty good considering the apprentice has like 70% stun resist.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Necromancer is pathetic. The other two bosses easily have the potential for stuff to go wrong, but I have no idea how the Necromancer is supposed to kill anyone unless you go into the fight with terrible health. His attacks are all weak and he's not particularly robust either. His gimmick of spawning a skeleton with every attack might be a problem if he didn't summon the shittiest, weakest skeletons around. Even the tier 3 Necromancer summons are basically just speed bumps.

I think the worst the Necromancer could ever do is randomly spam his stress inducing attack every turn and make your guys go insane from it. He probably wouldn't live long enough for that to even matter though.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Necromancer is pathetic. The other two bosses easily have the potential for stuff to go wrong, but I have no idea how the Necromancer is supposed to kill anyone unless you go into the fight with terrible health. His attacks are all weak and he's not particularly robust either. His gimmick of spawning a skeleton with every attack might be a problem if he didn't summon the shittiest, weakest skeletons around. Even the tier 3 Necromancer summons are basically just speed bumps.

I think the worst the Necromancer could ever do is randomly spam his stress inducing attack every turn and make your guys go insane from it. He probably wouldn't live long enough for that to even matter though.

I really think Necromancer is a real pushover compared to the other 2. I can understand if it was like that to easy you into to the bosses, but his incarnations are just as weak

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Question on trinket management. I have a full trinket box, and some characters are wearing trinkets as well.
I usually want to de-equip trinkets while in town so that I don't have to hunt for them when I pick my team on next embark.
However, I can only swap trinkets with whats in the box.

Is there a way to expand the box?

Barring that, is there any way to trash them other then sending some newbies into a dungeon with random trinkets and ditching them there?

e: I guess I could load them onto characters I'm dismissing anyways, even if a bit tedious.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

The trinket management system is indeed very basic and it's always weird shuffling things around especially if the box is perfectly full (you can't seem to make a new line for empty slots to unequip)

Also those darn class specific trinkets... why can't they fade-out when I don't have the class selected

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I lost to the Apprentice Necromancer and easily trounced all lvl 1 bosses afterward. There were a lot of misses + low damage hits on his minions when I fought him the first time, though, which really slowed me down. I got his life bar pretty far down and then one of my heroes went splat. After that I couldn't output damage fast enough to keep fighting. He was my first boss though, and I had a weak team.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Oops, I got overconfident in my first lvl3 quest. I completed the objective (purify 3 corpses) really early, but decided to explore the entire dungeon instead of exiting.

Bandit group with two fusiliers blanket shot everybody, and my vestalt took a crit, then an attack that put her at deaths door + bleed, and the bleed killed her before she or anyone else could heal. She had a wall of positives and only one negative.
RIP Dalyngridge, you died only because I was too greedy and too cocky after not having any fatalities for 18 weeks straight :(

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, I thought I was hot poo poo after murdering the tutorial bandits but now I haven't managed to complete a single mission after that since I tend to get ambushed every loving time by those fleshbeetles that stunlock you. RNGesus is pretty busy pissing on my team, it seems.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Sylphosaurus posted:

Man, I thought I was hot poo poo after murdering the tutorial bandits but now I haven't managed to complete a single mission after that since I tend to get ambushed every loving time by those fleshbeetles that stunlock you. RNGesus is pretty busy pissing on my team, it seems.

Keep torch at 75+, at medium/long quests consider camping early for buffs instead of stress healing (remember to buy camp skills that buff. Important: You can switch camp skills during camping)

That won't solve the RNG, but it might tip it in your favour

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How the gently caress does the Berserk Mask for the leper LOWER his maximum damage despite saying its increasing it? :psyduck:

There are currently so many bad trinkets in the game, its amazing.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

animatorZed posted:

Oops, I got overconfident in my first lvl3 quest. I completed the objective (purify 3 corpses) really early, but decided to explore the entire dungeon instead of exiting.

Every single party wipe I have had has been caused by this.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

FrickenMoron posted:

How the gently caress does the Berserk Mask for the leper LOWER his maximum damage despite saying its increasing it? :psyduck:

Leper with one Berserk Mask is not great. Leper with two Berserk Masks however..

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Jesus CHRIST Dismas how do you keep getting STDs? They already banned you from the brothel weeks ago!

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Internet Kraken posted:

Basically all those guys died due to me experimenting with bad party layouts or being a dumb fucker. Pretty much all of them died on their very first deathblow too, so I'm wondering; do the first few weeks have some hidden bonus to death blow resist? In the first few weeks of my two runs, I had guys get hit in death's door multiple times and survive. Not sure if that was just dumb luck or the game being merciful to a new player/RNG victim.

There's definitely some resistance penetration going on in this game as you progress to higher levels, both for you and the enemy. My level 6 Vestal with a +10% stun trinket can stun enemies with 115% stun resist fairly regularly, and my Crusader with 100% stun resist still gets stunned every so often. It would make sense that this would affect Deathblow resist in the same way.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
So now my main Crusader has Enlightened (will only meditate for stress relief) and Unquiet Mind (may not meditate for stress relief) :ughh: Off to the nuthouse with you!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Illegal Username posted:

Jesus CHRIST Dismas how do you keep getting STDs? They already banned you from the brothel weeks ago!

Well he is encountering bandits all the time you send him out...

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Illegal Username posted:

If he's banned from the brothel I guess he has to improvise.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

FrickenMoron posted:

cyanidewolf posted:

Leper with one Berserk Mask is not great. Leper with two Berserk Masks however..

Just in case FrickenMoron missed what you're talking about :

cyanidewolf posted:

Uncertainty dismissed with a single strike!

Two berserk masks breaks the math.

I have yet to find one, however.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Lotish posted:

Two berserk masks breaks the math.

Yeah, I just had a second berserk mask pop on the trinket seller. So tempting!

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, I just had a second berserk mask pop on the trinket seller. So tempting!

Cast doubt from your mind, strike boldly!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Has anyone else ended up with a bug where Crusaders count as one resolve level higher than they actually are for purposes of upgrades? I can immediately upgrade the gear and skills of level 0 crusaders I hire, and my best crusaders can have one level better armor and weapons.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Broken Cog posted:

If he's banned from the brothel I guess he has to improvise.

There's an argument to be had that banning him from the brothel has forced him to go to less reputable places for his needs.

Ron Paul '06, kill you're parents

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
Well it's week 44, I just beat the last level 5 boss and the town is already almost fully upgraded. For all the early game randomness it's a shame the game difficulty takes such a sharp nosedive once you get going - I had three deaths in the entire run and they were all in the first few missions.

I don't see any point in levelling anyone to rank 6 so I guess I'm done until the other 2 dungeons are released.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

MadJackMcJack posted:

Cast doubt from your mind, strike boldly!

I grabbed it but I couldn't get it to work right. I was just using a level 1 Leper so maybe it needs some additional damage reducing quirk or something to work.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I think this is a good early access and I really look forward to its full release. It needs more events in town(half off upgrades, destruction of upgrades, certain buildings unusable/gives out bonuses for a week) and some polish. Still a solid game for what it is right now.

I'm going to put it away and come back when it's finished though. No sense getting burned out on it when it's not even finished.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I grabbed it but I couldn't get it to work right. I was just using a level 1 Leper so maybe it needs some additional damage reducing quirk or something to work.

It is at least still working on my lepers. Only works with Hew however and the damage range on character screen is 14-14 right now. While testing a dog gave him rabies and that broke (fixed?) the bug and made him do normal damage again.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Lotish posted:

Has anyone else ended up with a bug where Crusaders count as one resolve level higher than they actually are for purposes of upgrades? I can immediately upgrade the gear and skills of level 0 crusaders I hire, and my best crusaders can have one level better armor and weapons.

Same here, also my crusader skills costs 2500 to unlock unlike the rest who get theirs for 900. Something is very wrong there.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Huh, new bug: Put a graverobber trinket on a graverobber, and it turned into the number 409 and can't be removed or replaced. In fact, that graverobber can't equip any trinkets at all now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Man if you buff with a Occultist's +damage and a Hellion's +damage-to-size 2-monsters before fighting the Swine King you can gently caress him up in a real god-drat hurry.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hellion feels like, on top of everything else she is great at, the best boss killer as well. Gets a big damage buff in camp, can reliably hit all the bosses with powerful attacks, and can inflict bleed as well which is great against the Hag. I kind of think the Hellion is a bit too good. She can fight from any position and has so many good moves to work with. For that much versatility she isn't really fragile either.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Hellion feels like, on top of everything else she is great at, the best boss killer as well. Gets a big damage buff in camp, can reliably hit all the bosses with powerful attacks, and can inflict bleed as well which is great against the Hag. I kind of think the Hellion is a bit too good. She can fight from any position and has so many good moves to work with. For that much versatility she isn't really fragile either.

[x] Has Damage
[x] Has Bleed
[x] Has Reach
[x] Flexible Positioning
[x] Good Camp buffs

I wonder if more people would use Grave Robber if her camp skills weren't all about supply/food/scouting

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Hellion doesn't do "downsides".

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The Highwayman is similar and my choice for best class. They can attack anywhere, from anywhere, with great crit chances and AoE. Point Blank Shot will melt anything in the front row (Swine King), Pistol Shot will melt everything in the back row, and Grapeshot will cut through the first three rows pretty quick.

Vestal and 3 Highwaymen or Vestal and 3 Gravediggers are unbeatable parties that can ignore every gimmick in the game (torches, prioritizing dangerous targets, boss gimmicks, etc.) and just spam a direct attack or AoE on a random enemy every turn and win effortlessly, from level 0 to level 5. You can probably do this with other classes too, but they would actually take damage sometimes since they don't have ridiculous dodge chances.

e: For what it's worth, these parties clear Long dungeons without camping at all, and don't go above 50% stress or below 50% hp while doing so.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

IronicDongz posted:

Hellion doesn't do "downsides".

You know the class is in your face when her backwards movement is 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

3-position AoEs are way too good.