Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Well mine stopped suddenly for sure

"In a different style you expect randy orton to have" *stop*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That last talkin shop. So much good stuff. Big LG jumping Scott D'Amour from behind and D'Amour winning. Old timer advice "Don't buy no tighty whiteys so the boys can't make fun of yer poo poo stains"

Top drawer stuff.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonzo McFee posted:

That last talkin shop. So much good stuff. Big LG jumping Scott D'Amour from behind and D'Amour winning. Old timer advice "Don't buy no tighty whiteys so the boys can't make fun of yer poo poo stains"

Top drawer stuff.

You never know when your muffler might fall out :ohdear:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

attitude era podcast just posted a bonus episode on the wwe originals album. kefin tweeted that it's possibly his new favorite episode

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 7, 2015

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

triplexpac posted:

Take that, Bryan from 9 years ago!!

Yeah! Their payment process has certainly been airtight since then!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Top drawer stuff.

"You can't gently caress an imaginary object!"
"You can if you think about it."

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

Cardboard Box posted:

attitude era podcast just posted a bonus episode on the wwe originals album. kefin tweeted that it's possibly his new favorite episode

I was listening at work and utterly mortified at the thought of someone asking what I was listening to and grabbing an earbud and hearing the Guerreros song

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New SNCJ

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I was listening at work and utterly mortified at the thought of someone asking what I was listening to and grabbing an earbud and hearing the Guerreros song

i was pretty amazed at that song from the rock and how horribly racist it was

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

They said DDP's theme was bad and didn't mention the Horsemen theme under "best" they have no idea what they're talking about

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Cardboard Box posted:

i was pretty amazed at that song from the rock and how horribly racist it was

DAT GOOD PIIIIIIIIIIE!!

:china:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is this the song you guys are referring to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqIBY742ZmI

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

Is this the song you guys are referring to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqIBY742ZmI

This one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKsT7msbuBY

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I haven't laughed as hard as I did when I hear "Put a little rear end on it" in a long time

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

From Dave's daily update today:

quote:

For those of you clamoring for Chris Benoit in the WWE Hall of Fame, well, you'll never get your wish, but you can still watch Thiago Silva fight on 3/28 on NBC Sports Network.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
AHA. gently caress sake Dave.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Isn't the NFL Hall of Fame or the MLB Hall of Fame having some great debate over whether people with criminal histories or who went to prison or who committed crimes up to and including murder should be allowed in or should be retroactively taken out if they're already in this year? I heard something about it on my local sports radio.

It's somehow funny to me how when it comes to Benoit and Chyna it's not even remotely a question when it's a very contentious subject in real sports.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Alan Eagleson resigned his spot in the Hockey Hall of Fame after it came out that he was embezzling money from other players as a agent, most notably Bobby Orr.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sanguinia posted:

Isn't the NFL Hall of Fame or the MLB Hall of Fame having some great debate over whether people with criminal histories or who went to prison or who committed crimes up to and including murder should be allowed in or should be retroactively taken out if they're already in this year? I heard something about it on my local sports radio.

It's somehow funny to me how when it comes to Benoit and Chyna it's not even remotely a question when it's a very contentious subject in real sports.

Well, the WO did have a recall election after the Benoit stuff happened to take him out of their HOF (it failed, I think it needed a 2/3 supermajority, and it was like 60% in favor, or whatever)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wait, is he still in the WO HOF?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

ICHIBAHN posted:

Wait, is he still in the WO HOF?

Yes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince Russo posted a 30 minute video rant complete with him banging his fist on the table at HHH's response to Chyna not going into the HoF.

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/wrestling/midnight-conversation-chyna/

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Alain Post posted:

Well, the WO did have a recall election after the Benoit stuff happened to take him out of their HOF (it failed, I think it needed a 2/3 supermajority, and it was like 60% in favor, or whatever)

It needed 60, and it was only 53% from memory.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Sanguinia posted:

thats because the wwe hof is a work

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

coconono posted:

Vince Russo posted a 30 minute video rant complete with him banging his fist on the table at HHH's response to Chyna not going into the HoF.

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/wrestling/midnight-conversation-chyna/

Vince Russo is the loving worst.

I tried to listen to him on Pipers podcast and skipped around a bunch and it was nothing but Russo whining about people hating him and not telling him

Jim Cornette said he was glad that Piper tore him apart so apparently that happened at some point in that interview but my god the man is insufferable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Had no idea who that guy was so I read up on him and his situation.

:stonk:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Like the Payday 2 Cloaker, "you wanted me back so I'm back." Wear that poo poo in your pants proudly.

Derailercast, Episode 4 - We're Back!

I'm not entirely sure that this is Episode 4, but the other episodes are gone! Anyone got them archived? And if so, why? Starring Skunkrocker, Gauze, Kurrant. Intro voice over by Spin Echo. Editing by Skunkrocker. Catering by Hot Pockets.

In this episode:
- WHO IS NUMBER 32?!
- We visited the Knoxville Wrestling Store, which is currently for sale if you're interested.
- The Fifth Best Nature Boy, Paul Lee, and his magnificent Twitter account.
- Vince Russo is the best at being the worst.
- #boycottdanielbryan

Everyone can blame Xerzes for this. It's his fault.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The story about The Shooter Scott D'amore had me in tears. TIZ SHIZ 4 LYFE

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
*bryan gets a huge reaction*

"We're not having a 3 way with Bryan, we did it last year."

(two weeks later)

"Yeah, so we're having a 3 way with bryan at mania."

Never change, WWE :allears:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Everyone can blame Xerzes for this. It's his fault.

Skunkrocker is so going to start hanging out with Tom Prichard in TEW for this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We've discussed this in the past but Dave goes into the difficulty of tracking PPV numbers at the end of tonight's WOR, so if you are curious about that listen to the end.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

LordPants posted:

(two weeks later)

Everyone who knows Vince has said that he does this poo poo all the time. He'll change his mind at the drop off a hat, even if it is contrary to something he said a minute ago.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Xerzes posted:

Skunkrocker is so going to start hanging out with Tom Prichard in TEW for this.

You wouldn't dare.

rotinaj posted:

Everyone who knows Vince has said that he does this poo poo all the time. He'll change his mind at the drop off a hat, even if it is contrary to something he said a minute ago.

Isn't there some story where someone like Triple H said that he was explaining something to Vince and Vince had said no, thought about it, and then said "I have a better idea" and repeated what he was just told?

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 9, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

LordPants posted:

(two weeks later)

where did you hear this?

edit: ok just heard it on the thing

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 9, 2015

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Skunkrocker posted:

Isn't there some story where someone like Triple H said that he was explaining something to Vince and Vince had said no, thought about it, and then said "I have a better idea" and repeated what he was just told?
Bret Hart certainly writes about this happening a couple of times. He would go to Vince, suggest something and either get shot down or a non-comittal answer. Then Vince would come to him a week later with "Hey, I had this great idea for your character..."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave talking about the Pop Up Video things on Impact replays actually make me want to watch Impact for the first time in forever

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

triplexpac posted:

Dave talking about the Pop Up Video things on Impact replays actually make me want to watch Impact for the first time in forever

Yeah, that actually sounded neat. Maybe not all the time but having "Behind the Music" style pop-ups that tell you the history of certain things during a match would be an interesting gimmick at least for a little while.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Yeah, that actually sounded neat. Maybe not all the time but having "Behind the Music" style pop-ups that tell you the history of certain things during a match would be an interesting gimmick at least for a little while.

It was really neat when WWE did it for WM3, actually.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PaybackJack posted:

It's funny because it should be the announcers job to tell us these things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:geno:how's it going everybody it's wrestling observer radio i'm mike sempervive

God almighty, man. At least pretend to have enthusiasm.

• Locked thread