Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't think Batman would like pittsburgh very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
you goons have dragged your penis war out for a page and a half

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Citizen Tayne posted:

Please tell me where you lived at in Pittsburgh.

Carnegie Mellon, so I spent most of my time in Oakland, Shadyside, and Squirrel Hill. I went all over the city while I was there. I also lived in Shadyside for a couple months a few years after school doing some contract work, which was right before I moved to the Bay Area.

and I like it so much here in the Bay Area that I actually do own property.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

jetz0r posted:

fishmech posting about trains was better than this.

trains rule, there can be no bad posting about trains

I rode a train today and it was fun and got me to where I wanted to go inexpensively and with a minimum of fuss. (light rail is trains, right?)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

uncurable mlady posted:

the only thing I don't like about the mazda3 is the stupid tablet display infotainment bullshit

great car otherwise though
Tablet Functionality

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Cardboard Box A posted:

Tablet Functionality

all oem infotainment systems are laggy garbage

also Jesus Christ tori and sagebrush just gently caress already

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

:downs: yes lets put consumer electronics with a ~5 year lifespan into a car that will last 10-15 years

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Well, they want you to buy cars more often so it's sort of win / win from their perspective.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

I just started a job at a museum in SF so now I wear slacks and ties and have meeting about delegating tasks but tbf it's nice to work somewhere where your decisions matter and I realized defining myself by not having to dress up is loving dumb I just wanted to never work for a lovely corporation but I'm happy to dress up as management for a museum

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Cardboard Box A posted:

Tablet Functionality

android auto coming along nicely I see

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

Tablet Functionality

excuse me tablet-like

also i had a mazda 3 rental in LA last weekend and on the main menu it had 5 items, one of which did nothing except tell you to stop by your Friendly Mazda Dealer and purchase a nav module (instead of just hiding that item entirely). also there didnt appear to be any way to shut off that screen so if the car was on, it was too

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

fits my needs posted:

its dumb to defend regional honor. everywhere's poo poo in one way or another.

u can be miserable or happy anywhere imo

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sweevo posted:

:downs: yes lets put consumer electronics with a ~5 year lifespan into a car that will last 10-15 years

people who actually buy new cars don't keep them for 15 years

you are not the target market

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Progressive JPEG posted:

excuse me tablet-like

also i had a mazda 3 rental in LA last weekend and on the main menu it had 5 items, one of which did nothing except tell you to stop by your Friendly Mazda Dealer and purchase a nav module (instead of just hiding that item entirely). also there didnt appear to be any way to shut off that screen so if the car was on, it was too

that screen shows a compass and lat/long in my car without the nav card. nav is just an Sd card u plug in, which inexplicably costs $400. all the hardware it needs is there already. and there is an option in settings to turn off the screen entirely.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Elder Postsman posted:

that screen shows a compass and lat/long in my car without the nav card. nav is just an Sd card u plug in, which inexplicably costs $400. all the hardware it needs is there already. and there is an option in settings to turn off the screen entirely.

lmao at this DYP bullshit

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

That was a prime cut of tori ing right there

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Captain Foo posted:

That was a prime cut of tori ing right there

yeah I thought maybe something interesting had happened to cause 180 posts overnight but nope.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

eschaton posted:

and I like it so much here in the Bay Area that I actually do own property.

Ah, so you're wealthy and your life, experiences, and predilections are meaningless for 99% of Americans.

If I were wealthy enough to buy property in Manhattan I'm sure I'd love it there.

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

It's like the last few pages are a bubel ... o fbad posting!!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

fuckbay gutwheat posted:

It's like the last few pages are a bubel ... o fbad posting!!

this one won't pop

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i hope both of you boring idiots get permabanned

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

my dad owns a dealership okay

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

syscall girl posted:

fremdschämen
this is probably my favorite of the words i've learned in the past year :tipshat:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pointers posted:

this is probably my favorite of the words i've learned in the past year :tipshat:

is that the word that means "the embarassment you feel when watching someone else doing something shameful?"

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
pittsburgh

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

I, too, marginalize people who disagree with me by claiming that they're mentally ill.

actually im p sure youve done this before

Apr 7, 2003

It's good.

Vocal San Francisco residents have this weird thing going on where SF can't be great unless everywhere else is bad.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
sf pride is second only to New Yorkers

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

is that the word that means "the embarassment you feel when watching someone else doing something shameful?"
yes

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
the assassination of archduke franz ferdinand

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
i skipped two whole pages of this stupid thread and you assholes are still arguing about pittsburgh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

daft punk railroad posted:

i skipped two whole pages of this stupid thread and you assholes are still arguing about pittsburgh
idk what to argue about it though, it seems to be fine city

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
pittsburgh has a cool downtown to look at at about 3 am when you're on the capitol limited

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Cardboard Box A posted:

Tablet Functionality

i'm the 8 year old chipset used to run this screen

Apr 7, 2003

kalstrams posted:

idk what to argue about it though, it seems to be fine city

it's a really great city.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

God's own truth: if Batman were to exist, he would absolutely live in Silicon Valley, because that's where you get the highest concentration of billionaires who imagine themselves ubermenschen who would also be likely to dress up in animal costumes and try to save women from brutes.

There's so little crime in Mountain View that they'd have to go over to Oakland or something, though.

lol no, silicon valley nerds would pay someone else to do it on their behalf. crowdsourced vigilanteism

why would they run around putting themselves in danger when they can create an app service that dispatches poor people to go do it for them in exchange for a 60% cut of the reward

SplitDestiny
Sep 25, 2004
i'm the guy who makes up facts about everyone working 100 hours a week on the west coast

Apr 7, 2003

I wonder how former tech darling Groupon is doing

oh

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

I wonder how former tech darling Groupon is doing

oh

quote:

Slipknot: Iowan heavy-metal icons known for blending cyclonic guitars with white-noise turntables, all while wearing demonic masks and matching jumpsuits. Their aggressive spectacle has led to seven Grammy nominations and one win for Best Metal Performance in 2006. Expect malevolent new tunes from their latest, .5: The Gray Chapter

lmao. i dunno dude i got tickets to a local animal sanctuary for a little cheaper so i'm okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

I don't know how their Getaways stuff is, but the stuff Groupon itself is trying to sell is always the same marginal poo poo from businesses teetering on the edge of insolvency.

• Locked thread