Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

chunkles posted:

I don't really like the Heat comp though because they were a top 10 offense and defense that season, they just needed to retool the offense around motion and small ball. Mozgov helps the Cavs but I don't see what moves they can make to be competitive with the West.

Easy, it's called staying healthy because apparently the West is slowly dying to injuries outside of Golden State and that has the usual ticking bomb of Bogut/Curry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
I think the Cav's biggest problem currently, and this was kinda unexpected, is that the bench is Tristan Thompson and that's it. Mike Tirico said today,and I believed him, that Irving is #2 in the league in minutes and Lebron's #3. Miller and Marion are done, Shumpert looks like an NBDL player, and Dellavedova is... fine for what he is but you pretty much have to play him with Irving or Lebron because he can't run the offense by himself. And there's nothing else. Maybe that's on Blatt but I don't think so.

I don't know what that means for the playoffs. Even with Love being kinda mediocre the starters can probably play with anybody.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
It means Lebron will have to play a couple of 48 minute games, like he seems to do every playoff because he's never on deep teams.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

wangvicous posted:

It means Lebron will have to play a couple of 48 minute games, like he seems to do every playoff because he's never on deep teams.

I'm getting the vibe that in order for LeBron to really make sure this team gets to where it's going to go? It's going to take him doing just what you said. ESPECIALLY considering the lack of experience the coach, Love, Irving, and a few others have in terms of not having any playoff experience.

I think eventually he won't have to do this with this team, but for now? He's going to have to put a lot on his back to make it happen. Going to be rough though.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I cant wait for the Cavs to beat the NBA player of the month starting five Atlanta Hawks in the playoffs

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

There aren't a lot of teams that run 8 or 9 deep with good players. He's probably got the best supporting cast in basketball. Playoffs have longer timeout breaks and he'll be able to play more minutes.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

mistermojo posted:

I cant wait for the Cavs to beat the NBA player of the month starting five Atlanta Hawks in the playoffs

I'm already going full :psyduck: with that potential match up, (along with the Bulls when/if they get their poo poo together).

I have a bit of fatigue in regards to the playoff series we had against the Pistons, Celtics, and Magic in the past. (loving 2009 was bullshit).

LeBron again...has his work cut out for him.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://vine.co/v/OU1LbwPBAbp

im crying with joy at tony allen loving creating turnovers more than life itself

e. another view

https://vine.co/v/OU132UKxBia

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

mistermojo posted:

It will only be 4 of em cause Horford is gonna tear some muscle somewhere before the playoffs

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://vine.co/v/OU1LbwPBAbp

im crying with joy at tony allen loving creating turnovers more than life itself

e. another view

https://vine.co/v/OU132UKxBia

they should have sent a poet

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Shumpert looks like an NBDL player
Really? Small sample size for sure, but with the Cavs Shumpert is shooting .500 from the field and .400 from 3 and contributing on defense. Also this:

https://vine.co/v/OUJKuKDwWHU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

danucleus posted:

It's especially bad now that agriculture and medical community overuse antibiiotics and you have all these super-resistant staph bacteria. From working in the medical community, it's pretty much the most dangerous thing about going to hospitals. These strains are in hospitals and near impossible to get rid of, once infected, because doctors have no viable antibiotics for them.

Late on this but I got one after a surgery via a central line and I can look back on it and laugh now but the antibiotics I needed for that were so loving strong THEY nearly killed me as much as the infection did. I hope Blake is okay. :ohdear:

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

FuzzySkinner posted:

The one guy I generally go to for my basketball knowledge (which is...very minimal compared to my knowledge of stuff that goes fast on circles) said that Love would perhaps be the best player to kind of pair up with LeBron during his entire career.

This is true but Kyrie is loving things up. I think the Cavs would be better focusing more on a Lebron/Love pick and pop game.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Bashez posted:

This is true but Kyrie is loving things up. I think the Cavs would be better focusing more on a Lebron/Love pick and pop game.

No gotta keep running LeBron and Kyrie isos and dump the ball out to JR for an open 3.

Also the Cavs are doing better cause LeBron reupped his steroid intake.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm already going full :psyduck: with that potential match up, (along with the Bulls when/if they get their poo poo together).

I have a bit of fatigue in regards to the playoff series we had against the Pistons, Celtics, and Magic in the past. (loving 2009 was bullshit).

LeBron again...has his work cut out for him.

I don't think Chicago is that good. I mean a decent playoff team but they sure haven't looked like contenders in a long time. People are overrating their talent and this is a team that typically fades come playoff time.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
News: Pistons lost to the Twolves
Views: They're gonna miss the playoffs and have a bad draft pick, like a bunch of Pacers, Pacers from Indiana.

Niwrad posted:

I don't think Chicago is that good. I mean a decent playoff team but they sure haven't looked like contenders in a long time. People are overrating their talent and this is a team that typically fades come playoff time.

Their maine problem is Noah being endlessly hurt. If he ever gets healthy, things should be fine, with or without Rose.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 9, 2015

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Strawberry Panda posted:

No gotta keep running LeBron and Kyrie isos and dump the ball out to JR for an open 3.

Also the Cavs are doing better cause LeBron reupped his steroid intake.

That would explain Lebron's recent hairlines:

Shave it off IMO

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

purkey posted:

Lose to Minnesota. Beat Atlanta. Memphis basketball y'all.

That's "longest current winning streak in the nba" Minnesota, thank you very much

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Just wanna say that despite some bad shooting the Raptors probably played their best game of the year tonight. Defense and rim protection was locked in something fierce.

That said, if you're going to start James Johnson then please sub Patterson in for Amir Johnson. We got to see that lineup after Amir got two quick fouls and it predictably owned.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

That's "longest current winning streak in the nba" Minnesota, thank you very much

I haven't been able to catch them since Rubicon and everyone else came back. What have they looked like?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

roundmidnight posted:

Just wanna say that despite some bad shooting the Raptors probably played their best game of the year tonight. Defense and rim protection was locked in something fierce.

That said, if you're going to start James Johnson then please sub Patterson in for Amir Johnson. We got to see that lineup after Amir got two quick fouls and it predictably owned.

I wasn't able to catch much of the game but from what I heard the people's line-up (JV-Paterson and James Johnson) finally got some run and played well. Looking forward to Casey reverting to Amir/Pyshco-T next game...

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Bashez posted:

Oddly enough the one thing I kept recalling being drilled into my head during the first fling with LeBron was that he "Needed a point guard", to play Pippen to his Jordan. (though positions obviously reversed).

It feels like Kyrie and Love seem to both match up well in that regard, but it feels like they've yet to establish a good balance between the two.

To speculate, is it posssible LeBron has been working extra close with Kyrie to elevate his game to an "elite" level, and that's why Kevin Love has looked a bit average?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

If Rubio inexplicably learns to shoot would that automatically make him the de-facto second best Point Guard in the Eastern Conference?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
edit: ffs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

If Rubio inexplicably learns to shoot would that automatically make him the de-facto second best Point Guard in the Eastern Conference?

twolves are in the western conference so no

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

The Twolves are actually in the eastern conference now

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Metapod posted:

Daaaaamn

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Suns are getting hosed on buzzer beaters this season

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@James_Ham
"This city done put me through so much & I stayed loyal to it the whole time. I just want to know how you're going to stop God's plan." -DMC

@James_Ham
"God gave his hardest battles to the strongest souls. The marathon continues."
-DeMarcus Cousins

Que the atheists!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Adam Silver moved the Wolves to the East and the Wizards to the West to help conference balance. per wojjjjj :pseudo:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Adam Silver moved the Wolves to the East and the Wizards to the West to help conference balance. per wojjjjj :pseudo:

Cavs and Hawks now a Western conference team, the NBA now only has 17 teams.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
foochs you're my forever goon and i respect your love of wake forest ball but i cannot abide the clippers. i am sorry.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

According to Zach Lowe everyone in the league hates the Clippers

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The only reason to root for the Clippers to make the playoffs is for the gifs Ballmer will provide us.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

mistermojo posted:

It was really nice to hear that everyone hates their bitchiness. Doc is great at talking to media and making them feel special, but rubs everyone else the wrong way. YOUR BEST PLAYER'S ELBOW LOOKS LIKE A GRAPEFRUIT. IT'S hosed UP.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

mistermojo posted:

They complain more than Jim Harbaugh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Igor Strelkov posted:

I haven't been able to catch them since Rubicon and everyone else came back. What have they looked like?

They look like they're not quite a playoff team in the west, or a 4 seed in the east.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

mistermojo posted:

Zach Lowe is the Clippers of the NBA world so he would know

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

WhyteRyce posted:

Que the atheists!

Que?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I'm sure he meant "queue the atheists" and I agree. They really should get in line and wait.

• Locked thread