Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Tell me this is from one of the Stop a Douchebag videos AND that you have a source for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

HaB posted:

Tell me this is from one of the Stop a Douchebag videos AND that you have a source for it.

Whatever it is, the person filming and the barrel man standing by did the right thing.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

Hydrolith posted:

Somebody out there must have put a dildo on the end of an arrow and fired it up someone's butthole. So some nurse has probably seen that.

I hated Pasolini's Arabian Nights with a passion, but it did have this hilarious scene: https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/ArticleMedia/Images/WhatsOn%20images/2013-04/arabian-nights-01.jpg

Edit- actually let me remove the IMG tags, it could be argued it's NWS.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Has this guy been posted already? I may have missed it. One of the shitheads SWATting people got busted. There's a pic in the article, and he looks exactly like you would imagine.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/02/alleged-swatting-prankster-famed-god-arrested-in-las-vegas/

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Only up to 5 years? gently caress that, swatting is at least attempted murder

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

I wish these assholes could get 25-life and end this loving fad, but attempted murder wouldn't stick, as there was no intent for death. It's more like reckless endangerment.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

HaB posted:

Its not, but yes

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=38f_1423307638

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Sentient Data posted:

Ehhhh... I could maybe see a case for attempted murder if the cops actually had shot someone that got swatted.

That being said, though, I'm also hoping he and any others get the book thrown at them, considering how utterly stupid it is.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

Ehhhh... I could maybe see a case for attempted murder if the cops actually had shot someone that got swatted.

That being said, though, I'm also hoping he and any others get the book thrown at them, considering how utterly stupid it is.

Are you not familiar with what the police tends to do in the US?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Regalingualius posted:

Nothing maybe about it. If somebody had been shot, he'd be guilty under the felony murder rule.

With nobody shot, you could try to make an argument about attempted murder, although it probably wouldn't hold up.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Zaphod42 posted:

Nothing maybe about it. If somebody had been shot, he'd be guilty under the felony murder rule.

With nobody shot, you could try to make an argument about attempted murder, although it probably wouldn't hold up.

Oh I'm familiar with the Felony murder clause. I should've clarified that the guy got shot and lived, my bad.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Zaphod42 posted:

"But your honor, you know how COPS are!"

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

I'm not. Can you explain?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They mostly patrol around towns so people know they are there and arrest people breaking the law.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Is that cow dead? :stare:

Cheers to the goat for being a huge badass though

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Or, alternatively, they rove around in packs shooting anyone who they come within 10 feet of (25 feet if you're black or another minority)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Now that I think about it, the American justice and policing institutions are pretty schadenfreudey.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

blunt for century posted:

No idea, I hope the cow dealt away with minor scare. Goat is a champ indeed though.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Is there a Venn diagram of black people and famous twitch streamers and do they intersect at all?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
As someone who has owned billy goats in the past: they are tough as nails and will routinely headbutt each other out of boredom. They are champion headbutters. That cow had no chance.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Pierzak posted:

This isn't common, but it does happen.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-toddler-injured-swat-grenade-faces-1m-medical/story?id=27671521

But then again when I looked up the case I remembered I found a second incident, so maybe it is more common than I thought.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/05/baby-in-coma-after-police-grenade-dropped-in-crib-during-drug-raid/

SWAT tends to go in like a sledgehammer and figure out if they have the right people (or even the right house) later.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

HonorableTB posted:

As someone who has owned billy goats in the past: they are tough as nails and will routinely headbutt each other out of boredom. They are champion headbutters. That cow had no chance.

I knew a guy years back who broke his ankle because one of his goats headbutted his leg while he was climbing a ladder to change a floodlight. I just figured the huge difference in mass would have thrown the goat like ten feet feet, but no, it just loving dropped that cow. :black101:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

According to the video yes, it was killed.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

burnsep posted:

I hated Pasolini's Arabian Nights with a passion, but it did have this hilarious scene: https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/ArticleMedia/Images/WhatsOn%20images/2013-04/arabian-nights-01.jpg

Edit- actually let me remove the IMG tags, it could be argued it's NWS.

Man, Arrow is getting weird

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

According to the video yes, it was killed.
:negative:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Trained goats seem like an awesome way to kill your livestock for butchering. Suck my goat's dick PETA

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Scarf posted:

Trained goats seem like an awesome way to kill your livestock for butchering. Suck my goat's dick PETA
The question is whether if the meat is Kosher/Halal if comes from an animal pre-slain by goat? If so, it may finally solve the giraffe paradox.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Scarf posted:

Incorporate that in mass scale at metal concerts for a literal wall of death.

On a differet note: Dude showboats in an apache helicopter and crashes in a spectacular fashion. According to the video info nobody died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcTDwJcO_os

Hulebr00670065006e has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Feb 9, 2015

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Pierzak posted:

Hope this helps:

http://www.cato.org/raidmap

(Yes, it's Cato. So what. It's originally Radley Balko, one of the most important journalists working in America today, whose work has straight-up gotten innocent people off of death row.)

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

It's a ram, not a goat. I have both and the rams are way more dangerous in a fight. My little 120 lb ram can take on my 200+ lb goat buck no problem, mostly because they have different fighting styles.

Have a ram taking out a motorcycle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrhfClIcfYM

And another one which is also mislabeled as a billy goat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAXJmUqlnUw

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dude gets swindled out of 17.2 million dollars. :eyepop:

Imagine the amount of fistpumping the scammers did when they received 780,000, 7 million and finally another 9.4 million dollars from this poor chap.

The company made 6.2 billions in revenue, so they'll survive.
Doesn't make it less of a crime of course, but the balls on those scammers.

http://www.omaha.com/money/impostors-bilk-omaha-s-scoular-co-out-of-million/article_25af3da5-d475-5f9d-92db-52493258d23d.html

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Instant Jellyfish posted:

It's a ram, not a goat. I have both and the rams are way more dangerous in a fight. My little 120 lb ram can take on my 200+ lb goat buck no problem, mostly because they have different fighting styles.

Rams are motherfuckers.
Never turn your back on a Ram.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

wayfinder posted:

Hard to tell without knowing the species... The arrow hit him in an upright position, so it wasn't duck. It struck from the front which indicates that he wasn't running away, ruling out chicken. They look really quite Western, so Turkey seems unlikely. I see no uniform, and the kid is alive, so it can't be pig. And he's too relaxed for beef.

It doesn't look very serious, so my money is on game. And that's dark meat.

:golfclap:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

wayfinder posted:

Hard to tell without knowing the species... The arrow hit him in an upright position, so it wasn't duck. It struck from the front which indicates that he wasn't running away, ruling out chicken. They look really quite Western, so Turkey seems unlikely. I see no uniform, and the kid is alive, so it can't be pig. And he's too relaxed for beef.

It doesn't look very serious, so my money is on game. And that's dark meat.

A and B the C of D, goon sir :golfclap:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The best part is after the collision, the ram gets up and seems to be a bit wobbly. Didn't move an inch and can still get up afterwards. Hardcore little animal.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I'd honestly be interested in the mass differential between the two animals, as I could then work out just how much force and speed it would take for a ram to do that to a cow.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

VendaGoat posted:

I'd honestly be interested in the mass differential between the two animals, as I could then work out just how much force and speed it would take for a ram to do that to a cow.

You'd need to know about the surface arae of the heads and the killing velocity of a cow as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Son of Rodney posted:

You'd need to know about the surface arae of the heads and the killing velocity of a cow as well.

Don't jews thwack a cows head to kill it humanely? I would assume that it's not super hard to do and if the ram is ~50kg running 15km/h that is quite a bit of force, possibly more than a butcher's thwack

• Locked thread