Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Almost got my first DNA bomb today, think I was at 24. Turns out people that play in the morning aren't very good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Jesus Mother of gently caress. There's been a million gigabytes of patches to this game and yet they haven't made the Stinger worth poo poo. Takes 5 minutes to swap to, another 5 to become aim-down-sight-able, and then takes you to die once to reload and be able to shoot down offensive air support. They need to ungimp this right effing now, and introduce the SAM turret from BlOps. Christ.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Jesus Mother of gently caress. There's been a million gigabytes of patches to this game and yet they haven't made the Stinger worth poo poo. Takes 5 minutes to swap to, another 5 to become aim-down-sight-able, and then takes you to die once to reload and be able to shoot down offensive air support. They need to ungimp this right effing now, and introduce the SAM turret from BlOps. Christ.

If you want to make the stinger usable combine it with fast hands and make sure to reload cancel it, iirc it's reloaded pretty much right after you remove the magazine

it's still not great but it's not going to work for anything other than UAVs if you just throw it on as a secondary on an assault rifle class because you had a leftover point

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

pretty soft girl posted:

If you want to make the stinger usable combine it with fast hands and make sure to reload cancel it, iirc it's reloaded pretty much right after you remove the magazine

it's still not great but it's not going to work for anything other than UAVs if you just throw it on as a secondary on an assault rifle class because you had a leftover point

I do the reload trick, but still. I miss the MW2 AA stuff :911:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Javes posted:

Almost got my first DNA bomb today, think I was at 24. Turns out people that play in the morning aren't very good!

Yeah I think versus used to wake up at 6am to play against really bad pubbies.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

If you want to shoot down air support (other than paladins) just run the XMGs

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I do the reload trick, but still. I miss the MW2 AA stuff :911:

We all do Watts... we all do. :sigh:

Javelin glitch for life. :patriot:

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

I said come in! posted:

Rumor going around that Treyarchs next Call of Duty might be a World at War sequel.

link to credible news source?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

link to credible news source?

There are none. The only thing on it is treyarc saying their game is gonna be full of inovation.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, I love Reznov as much as the next neckbeard infatuated with Soviet kitsch, but that sounds like a recipe for halving your sales without some ridiculously over-the-top AAA reboot... or doing what Wolfenstein did with it's alternate history.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Got the Ameli Subverter yesterday, decided to take it out for a spin and dear lord that gun is a monster with it's 3 hit kill at any range. I just slapped a Thermal scope on it along with quickdraw grip and it's unstoppable at medium to long ranges where it's just enough to outgun AR's.

I'm still hoping to get the Hbar3 insanity variant, it's probably the best one in the game atm because of the last patch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I hope you like the irons on that gun, because that's the only sight you get.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Javes posted:

I just had a 39/9 game where I called in 3 paladins (on loving Horizon, ugh) - so yes, this game is full of lovely players during the day.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Finally tried the maps out.

Sideshow: Kinda torn on it, I did uplink on it and enjoyed it quite a bit though the A spawn is a bit lopsided in terms of ball proximity, then I joined a game in progress and we where spawn trapped in C side, quit after 3 spawns and instant deaths.

Core: Not to bad but seems kinda big.

Drift: Easily my favorite map of the bunch, good balance of cover and sight lines, lots of routes to approach and the middle area is like a huge beacon for sniper pubbies who make easy pickings.

Urban: Absolute trash, they made a worse map than loving Dome. Would work a lot better if the maps was longer not wider, maybe open mid a tiny bit, as it stands its to much of a mess and spawning into sight lines is never fun.

Zombies was fun as gently caress.

All in all worth my $15.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Alteisen posted:

Urban: Absolute trash, they made a worse map than loving Dome. Would work a lot better if the maps was longer not wider, maybe open mid a tiny bit, as it stands its to much of a mess and spawning into sight lines is never fun.

I really like Urban but yeah the spawns on that map can be pretty bad. Was just playing it and I meleed someone and he spawned 10 feet in front of me and I killed him again. Here's the video.

http://1drv.ms/1AF4K2p

edit: fixed link

Javes fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 7, 2015

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Javes posted:

I really like Urban but yeah the spawns on that map can be pretty bad. Was just playing it and I meleed someone and he spawned 10 feet in front of me and I killed him again. Here's the video.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=007CC7A92AE72B65&id=7CC7A92AE72B65%21212&v=3

You need to edit that link to be shareable. It just takes me to my own OneDrive and says it can't find the file.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Javes posted:

http://1drv.ms/1AF4K2p

edit: fixed link

Superb taste in primary. :thumbsup:

And yea that poo poo is never fun, I had at least 3 spawns where I wound up in the sights of the same shotgun user in a row.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Superb taste in primary. :thumbsup:

What weapon is it?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ASM1 of some sort.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'm so sick of this game penalising me because I've got a good connection. Some games I'll go 40-3, other times all I get is assist points because apparently point-blanking someone with a the MORS Silver Bullet variant or emptying a magazine into people right beside them isn't enough to avoid their insta-death bullets, also they're able to dance left and right around my bullets like I'm spraying a dotted line around them.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Anybody picking up BF: Hardline on the bone? I want a shoot mans game to play with you guys.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I beat the campaign last night, it was fun. It was.... fun????????????

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Anybody picking up BF: Hardline on the bone? I want a shoot mans game to play with you guys.

I might get it on there or PC, I haven't decided yet. Hardwired is pretty fun when people play the objective (except when you have a bad driver who doesn't look for laser trip mines and RPG campers).

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 8, 2015

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

That's the general opinion. Campaign is fun. Multiplayer is bad.

Also the Target I work at is still selling blops 1 for 40 bucks. Mw3 is 30 and ghosts is 20. Found that pretty funny today.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ethanol posted:

The stealth mission at Irons' mansion is quicker and easier if you don't kill anybody.
I think I actually like it more than MW2's.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 8, 2015

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Fibby Boy posted:

That's the general opinion. Campaign is fun. Multiplayer is bad.

Also the Target I work at is still selling blops 1 for 40 bucks. Mw3 is 30 and ghosts is 20. Found that pretty funny today.

MW3 is like $40 on Steam because Activision doesn't give a single gently caress about post launch sales of the games. I think nearly everything they put out is like that unless it flops incredibly hard and they have to cut their losses by dropping the price 60% in three months for a weekend deal or whatever. For example: Amazing Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man 2 are both $40 on Steam. 2 flopped hard and had a price cut nearly as soon as it launched, the first one did relatively OK from what I've heard and sticks around $40.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Speaking of the new maps, any news on when they'll be added to the rotation? Or are they still on pace to be added when the next DLC is released?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

I liked playing the free bf on the 360 and I like hotwire on hardline but bf isn't buy above 20 bucks fun. I did buy titanfall when it was on sale and its super fun, almost makes me regret not buying an xbone at launch.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
TF is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game since MW2. (We should play it more Yeyo)

That said, hey Toast, you should just get BF4 and play 24/7 Locker with Stu, Hypno and me. We'll cover your flank with smoke and flares.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Man I haven't played with stu in forever.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B96X-Ghji4s

God damnit COD Online looks fuckin rad AND China apparently hates Zombies?! CHINA DOESN'T SOUND THAT BAD.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Wazzit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B96X-Ghji4s

God damnit COD Online looks fuckin rad AND China apparently hates Zombies?! CHINA DOESN'T SOUND THAT BAD.

watch Pacific Rim

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
COD Online seems like it has pretty much everything goons love about COD.

-SICK RAD GUITAR RIFFS

-COD 4 and MW2 Maps

-SET SPAWN TRAPS

The only minus is that I'm not sure domination exists? But whatever, I need sick guitar riffs.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Wazzit posted:

TF is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game since MW2. (We should play it more Yeyo)

I'd play with you more but you get on at like 1am my time. I'm down for more though, it's even fun playing solo unlike cod.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YidHOvcJbeQ

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

lol its 4 loving dollars for that poo poo... figured it would be free..

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

$4 is nothing if you're a MLG YouTube superstar !

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Or you could just spend the 4 dollars on two Redemable Loot armory slot upgrades that the video doesnt mention, giving you an extra 120 slots per pack.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Let me know when they license Captain Power... :awesomelon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
So how do PS4 bros get together to play this game? I've always been a solo CoD player but would like to play with some cool dudes

• Locked thread