Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wild T posted:

My first EPR (a stunning firewall 4 earned while simultaneously being drunk a lot and washing out of ATC, though the two were unrelated) contained a bullet about raising over $300 towards the unit morale fund. Because I bought a bunch of kegs of beer and invited the RAPCON shift to the e-club to float them on numerous occasions.

I also had a buddy put on Master about a year and a half back, and he successfully got a push line through the wing/cc that read "Incredible SNCO leader/mentor; inserted himself into five projects and guided them to the finish--SMSgt now"

:quagmire:

One of my buddies was a lieutenant's rater and organized/altered the bullets on his first OPR so the first letters spelled LEGEND. That became the dude's call sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

chemosh6969 posted:

Who the gently caress should care if someone doesn't get their wisdom teeth taken out?

That would be the Air Force every branch.

Taught at a non-deployable unit for about 4 years, and by god don't be the one person who hadn't been to dental to get your teeth cleaned without some reason like your kids were dying. This was all in the name of unit readiness in case of deployment, and the only way this unit would deploy would be if World War III was going on and they needed more bodies for the meat grinder that is a PRC because every other unit had been killed off. Dramatization on my part, but it gets the point across.

Gonna do the KBR story too: Obviously they utilized LNs and TCNs as the main workforce with little supervision overseas. This led to many :psyduck: moments. Like pressure washing around a 400 Amp open-air bus bar installation and a breaker panel for a major comm shop with the wrong gauge and type of wire run to and from it. The circuit panel caught on fire three times that deployment. Nothing against the LNs and TCNs, they didn't know better/weren't told anything, they wanted to get paid. The foremen usually seemed less than qualified.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

chemosh6969 posted:

Who the gently caress should care if someone doesn't get their wisdom teeth taken out?
Some people are retarded enough to let their teeth rot out of their head so some oversight is going to be necessary, I go to the dentist a couple times a year and poo poo like this doesn't happen to me. Besides he's been on notice about this for around a year. Though I do doubt the wisdom of the dental office at times. Another guy I work with didn't go to a civilian dentist for years because that would have cut into the amount of nerd poo poo he could buy. The dental office told him he was fine for years, then one day "HOLY poo poo YOU'VE GOT A GIGANTIC HOLE IN ONE OF YOUR MOLARS!".

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Casimir Radon posted:

I go to the dentist a couple times a year

Uhhh

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Congratulations on your nasty mouth. 26 years old, no cavities.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Casimir Radon posted:

Some people are retarded enough to let their teeth rot out of their head so some oversight is going to be necessary, I go to the dentist a couple times a year and poo poo like this doesn't happen to me. Besides he's been on notice about this for around a year. Though I do doubt the wisdom of the dental office at times. Another guy I work with didn't go to a civilian dentist for years because that would have cut into the amount of nerd poo poo he could buy. The dental office told him he was fine for years, then one day "HOLY poo poo YOU'VE GOT A GIGANTIC HOLE IN ONE OF YOUR MOLARS!".

I went one time where I could tell the lady airman wasn't really into the job and didn't put much effort into the cleaning.

I went another time where the staff sergeant came in at one point to clean a bit, shoved the pick way too deep into my gum so I started streaming blood and got to listen to her keep going on and on about how she doesn't understand why I was bleeding so much.

I had 2 wisdom teeth yanked out in tech school and the I went the full IV route for the other 2 at my next base. The only thing I really remember with the IV is the crunching of teeth and the guy with his foot on the chair trying to yank them out.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

chemosh6969 posted:

I went one time where I could tell the lady airman wasn't really into the job and didn't put much effort into the cleaning.

I went another time where the staff sergeant came in at one point to clean a bit, shoved the pick way too deep into my gum so I started streaming blood and got to listen to her keep going on and on about how she doesn't understand why I was bleeding so much.

I had 2 wisdom teeth yanked out in tech school and the I went the full IV route for the other 2 at my next base. The only thing I really remember with the IV is the crunching of teeth and the guy with his foot on the chair trying to yank them out.
I had mine pulled right after I graduated high school by a civilian, he did a good job. I was a little loopy on the drugs they gave me though, had a lot of falling dreams, came into my parents room in the middle of the night yelling about how one of my stitches had popped and I thought I could see my jawbone.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

I have 4 years on you and no cavities either, what do you need besides 2x cleanings per year? give me a hug

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Zeris posted:

I have 4 years on you and no cavities either, what do you need besides 2x cleanings per year? give me a hug

That's probably what he was getting at.

Which raises questions as to why the military only provides for you to go once a year.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeris posted:

Cleaned twice a year, the dentist takes a look during one of those appointments.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Last time I went for a cleaning, the E-4 chick doing the cleaning was a saint with beautiful eyes that made the procedure go better. I started BSing with her about my upcoming assignment to Diego Garcia and told her about the Queen's Crabs, resulting in her laughing too hard to actually do any work in my mouth for a few minutes. Good times.

Time before that the civilian chick ripped my gums to shreds with the water pick and felt like she was trying to stress test how hard she could jerk the pick around between my teeth. Never had that much pain in a cleaning before. Ended up with blood all on my face and those lovely goggles because she couldn't keep the water pick from spraying everywhere. At the end she remarked that I must have a high pain tolerance for not stopping her because she was "really getting in there!" Yeah, no poo poo, lady. My poor gums receded like 1/8th of an inch for a few days and I looked like I had some scraggly old man teeth until everything righted itself again. #armydental

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Cleaned twice a year, the dentist takes a look during one of those appointments.

I mean, that's a couple times? Oh well

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

im 30 years old with no cavities and last time i had my teeth cleaned by a dentist was like 4 years ago when i had a wisdom tooth pulled :whatup:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

dentist chat

http://www.sikhcoalition.org/army-campaign/sikhs-in-the-us-army/

Saw this cool bruh at Ft Drum 2012-ish :3

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

this dude is a medic iirc and from what ive heard hes cool as hell irl

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Captain Rattan is a dentist

quote:

Captain Tejdeep Singh Rattan, a dentist, was granted a historic religious accommodation by the U.S. Army to maintain his Sikh turban and beard in December 2009. Captain Rattan was the first turbaned Sikh officer to complete basic training in over two decades. Captain Rattan began serving as an Army dentist at Fort Drum in May 2010. He was appointed Detachment Commander of U.S. Army Dental Activity at Fort Drum in July 2010. Captain Rattan also served in Afghanistan and received an Army Commendation Medal and a NATO Medal for his service.

Captain did an OEF tour and only got an ARCOM; speculate as desired (cole thread)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Major Kalsi was a trauma surgeon in Afghanistan, and saved a shitload of dudes and got a Bronze Star for it. The other guy, Rattan, is just a dentist though.

Wait, you motherfuckers can't tell them apart, can you?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What prison factory was given the honor of figuring out how to make an ACU turban?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zeris posted:

Captain Rattan is a dentist

Ah, I knew he went through Fort Sam and worked with a few people I know.

Cojawfee posted:

What prison factory was given the honor of figuring out how to make an ACU turban?

The same people who make the ACU yarmulke

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If they aren't quality blind made products that don't fit properly I'm gonna be pissed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fine Skilcraft products made in America for the good people of the Asian continent.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

That's some badass headgear. You guys should wear this instead of the beret or whatever.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Wild T posted:

Time before that the civilian chick ripped my gums to shreds with the water pick and felt like she was trying to stress test how hard she could jerk the pick around between my teeth. Never had that much pain in a cleaning before. Ended up with blood all on my face and those lovely goggles because she couldn't keep the water pick from spraying everywhere. At the end she remarked that I must have a high pain tolerance for not stopping her because she was "really getting in there!" Yeah, no poo poo, lady. My poor gums receded like 1/8th of an inch for a few days and I looked like I had some scraggly old man teeth until everything righted itself again. #armydental
Sounds like she was testing your boundaries. See if she wants to go see 59 shades of grey.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Fine Skilcraft products made in America for the good people of the Asian continent.

skilcraft supremacy, rocking this av/sig for two and a half years now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

safetyStanddown posted:

skilcraft supremacy, rocking this av/sig for two and a half years now.

I always loved seeing how much a box of those cost at GSA :allears:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

This wasn't already a thing for the US military?

Just another reason to be proud of our colonial heritage. :canada::hf::britain:

Sikhs are cool as hell.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Frosted Flake posted:

Sikhs are cool as hell.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

Sikhs are cool as hell.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

PathAsc posted:

What's the overall feeling on stories about KBR fuckery in this thread?

gently caress KBR.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

McNally posted:

gently caress KBR.

If there was any other response to feelings about them, I'd be concerned. I take it you were also one of the many who had the pleasure of inhaling burning bio-waste and other things they set alight?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

im sick of all these sikhs

sikhs, the poor mans ghurka

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

im sick of all these sikhs

sikhs, the poor mans ghurka

We can't all be kukri wielding Taliban decapitators.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

We can't all be kukri wielding Taliban decapitators.

billy fish will live on in our hearts :gorkhaland:

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
KBR may be pretty much the worst company ever, but you're lying to yourself if you say you wouldn't choose a KBR DFAC over a Supreme DFAC any day of the week.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

Wild T posted:

KBR may be pretty much the worst company ever, but you're lying to yourself if you say you wouldn't choose a KBR DFAC over a Supreme DFAC any day of the week.

I loved the Supremes on KAF, and hated the KBR one at Price The ones at Bastion probably was poo poo too. :colbert:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wild T posted:

I judged my DFAC experiences solely by the amount of smiling TCN mystery chicken griller dudes (who were masters of their craft), morning yoga on tv, and amount of Rip-Its I could leave with.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

PathAsc posted:

amount of Rip-Its I could leave with.

The one true measure of a good DFAC

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
best part of DFAC dining was seeing buxom lady officers in frog tops

Also television. Hearing that the province you're currently eating breakfast in prior to a patrol has been "turned over to Iraqi forces" is pretty funny.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

best part of DFAC dining was seeing buxom lady officers in frog tops

Also television. Hearing that the province you're currently eating breakfast in prior to a patrol has been "turned over to Iraqi forces" is pretty funny.

Hell, even after getting out and watching the Anbar Province poo poo itself immediately upon turnover was funny. Hearts and minds, mission accomplished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
DFACs in Baghdad were the poo poo, Kandahar and Afghanistan generally sucked balls.