Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Would anyone else like to mix up black dudes in this thread?

Edit: excellent way to start a new page.

Glamorama26 fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Two new posters for a new page.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Holy gently caress I'm so ready for this :flashfap:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Slate Action posted:

Holy gently caress I'm so ready for this :flashfap:

Brad Jones?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Goon face blindness is a cruel mistress.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

LMAO loving DL Hughley, how do you gently caress up that bad.

Oh yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-iYLywmMb4

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: Getting the "F" Out!

There's a loaded question for you!

Someone just invented the 10,000-Yard Stare.

Introducing "Tammy the Wonder Tarantula". Yep, it's a Troma Team flick...

Odds of henry Silva being the bad guy? Less than evens.

"Put out an APB on Mr. Birdseye!"

Stewardesses vs Kung Fu fighters, huh? TO YOUTUBE!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Man, scrolling past that the switch in focus really messed with me.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Terence Malick took a sabbatical from directing movies for 20 years. What inspired him being prolific in his recent ouput?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Stewardesses vs Kung Fu fighters, huh? TO YOUTUBE!

Wow, it almost seems like a parody trailer. (NWS for boobs and Dick Miller)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbW12PbbDyM

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm surprised Shaq's head isn't dislodging any ceiling tiles here. I'm sure it does in some rooms.
I can't remember who had this great quote about Shaq's proportions when he was seated at a restaurant: "He looked like the one adult who had to sit at the kiddie table at Thanksgiving."

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You had me at "The Guest" :swoon:

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

I wish Dre and Ice Cube weren't so awful now and I wish Eazy E hadn't died of AIDS. I really hope this is good and doesn't go too far in historical revisionism.

Producers. Does that mean anything at all or do I fundamentally misunderstand the movie making process? The writer/director is just kinda jammed in there at the end.

edit - that poster may be good to some people, but I can't recognize the stars at all and I have no idea what sort of movie that is. Also, gently caress the wheat or whatever those things are called. It seems so lazy and dumb.

Ariza fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 9, 2015

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Ariza posted:

Producers. Does that mean anything at all or do I fundamentally misunderstand the movie making process? The writer/director is just kinda jammed in there at the end.

edit - that poster may be good to some people, but I can't recognize the stars at all and I have no idea what sort of movie that is. Also, gently caress the wheat or whatever those things are called. It seems so lazy and dumb.

I think it's OK for what they're going for. The tagline gives a little more context, but it's squirreled away at the bottom.

It reminded me of a Czech Jaws poster I like:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

They had me at Leland Orser getting top billing

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lance Reddick is also in it so they probably got a package deal for it and The Guest.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

morestuff posted:

I think it's OK for what they're going for. The tagline gives a little more context, but it's squirreled away at the bottom.

It reminded me of a Czech Jaws poster I like:

I didn't even see that on the poster. :(. I like the sex drugs and rock-n-roll alliteration (is that the right word?) of the tagline now that I see it though.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Is that the robot from Appleseed?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ariza posted:

Producers. Does that mean anything at all or do I fundamentally misunderstand the movie making process?

Producer usually means just as much if not more than writer in most cases. But really it depends on the producers and if they have a track record of doing any movie they think will make a profit, or if they do things they actually believe in and take a hand in the creative process. It can go either way.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ariza posted:

I wish Dre and Ice Cube weren't so awful now and I wish Eazy E hadn't died of AIDS. I really hope this is good and doesn't go too far in historical revisionism.

Considering Cube's involvement, I'd be surprised if at the very least, we didn't see some revisionism regarding his relationship with Eazy and Jerry Heller. Eazy probably won't get crapped on too hard (I've read they squashed their beef before Eazy passed away), but Heller will likely not be so lucky.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is it going to have a scene where Dre pushes Dee Barnes down some stairs?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

but Heller will likely not be so lucky.

It's a case of divide and conquer
'Cuz you let a Jew break up my crew
House nigga gotta run and hide
Yellin' Compton, but you moved to Riverside

It ain't my fault, one nigga got smart
and they rippin' your rear end in a top hat apart
By takin' your green, oh yeah
The Villain does get hosed with no Vaseline

Now I think you a snitch
Throw a house nigga in a ditch
Half-pint bitch, fuckin' your homeboys
You little maggot Eazy E turned human being

With your manager, fella
Fuckin' MC Ren, Dr Dre and Yella
But if they were smart as me
Eazy E would be hangin' from a tree

With no Vaseline
Just a match and a little bit of gasoline
Light 'em up, burn 'em up, flame on
Till that Jheri curl is gone

On a permanent vacation
Off the Massa plantation
Heard you both got the same bank account
Dumb nigga, what you thinkin' 'bout?

Get rid of that Devil real simple
Put a bullet in his temple
'Cuz you can't be the Nigga 4 Life crew
With a white Jew tellin' you what to do

Pullin' wools with your scams
Now I gotta play the Silence of the Lambs
With a midget who's a punk too
Tryin' to gently caress me, but I'd rather gently caress you

Eric Wright, punk, always into somethin'
Gettin' hosed at night
By Mista Shitpacker
Bend over for the goddamn cracker, no Vaseline

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ariza posted:

Hey, they had some good post-NWA years. I'm pretty sure they're both like, 200 years old now, so you can't stay incisive and awesome forever. :)

:lol:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Oh my.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Considering Cube's involvement, I'd be surprised if at the very least, we didn't see some revisionism regarding his relationship with Eazy and Jerry Heller. Eazy probably won't get crapped on too hard (I've read they squashed their beef before Eazy passed away), but Heller will likely not be so lucky.

I know the music, but not much of the history, is there a decent book on the subject?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I require one of these.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Syfy show Helix has interesting posters.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Star Man posted:

No, it's this guy.

Contra games in Europe featured robots until the 32-bit era. It's one of those weird things like the UK's allergy to ninjas in those days.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

The Stig, no! :ohdear:

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

wyoming posted:

The Stig, no! :ohdear:

Some say he rose in three days time, and ascended to Silverstone..

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

No, it's this guy.

Contra games in Europe featured robots until the 32-bit era. It's one of those weird things like the UK's allergy to ninjas in those days.

"Probotector" sounds like an AO-rated game.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Gonz posted:

I require one of these.

Sold out :( But they have some other pretty sweet stuff available.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The MSJ posted:

"Probotector" sounds like an AO-rated game.

*BRRZZZP* PROBOTECTOR ENGAGING BONER-DETECTOR *BRRZZZP*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Syfy show Helix has interesting posters.

This show is pretty awesome by the way. It's got some of the SyFy lovely sfx, but it's better than SyFy movie sfx by a long shot. The first season is loving nutso and the second season looks like it's going to amp up the crazy.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

MacheteZombie posted:

This show is pretty awesome by the way. It's got some of the SyFy lovely sfx, but it's better than SyFy movie sfx by a long shot. The first season is loving nutso and the second season looks like it's going to amp up the crazy.

"Awesome" isn't the word I'd use, but the show is certainly batshit insane. It rivals Under The Dome in terrible characters and nonsensical plot twists. It must be seen to be believed.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Star Man posted:

No, but Blomkamp said in a interview recently that the bunny ears did come from Briaeros.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Hey, they had some good post-NWA years. I'm pretty sure they're both like, 200 years old now, so you can't stay incisive and awesome forever. :)

Yeah, and Ice Cube going from "hardcore gangsta who is glad he didn't have to use his AK today" to "movie star of family-friendly films" came largely from Eazy's death.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Young Freud posted:

No, but Blomkamp said in a interview recently that the bunny ears did come from Briaeros.

Yeah, and Ice Cube going from "hardcore gangsta who is glad he didn't have to use his AK today" to "movie star of family-friendly films" came largely from Eazy's death.

That and the music industry going to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Young Freud posted:

Are We There Yet is the first movie I'd solidly call an Ice Cube family-friendly vehicle and it came a full decade after Eazy died. I guess you could count Barbershop but even that was seven years after Eazy ate it. In between he made such family fare as Three Kings and Anaconda.