Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i wish we could have bryan for the recaps and mike for the questions on every show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The first thing I thought when Cena called himself old was that Dave is going to think this is the dumbest thing ever.

EDIT: Haha, forgot about them calling JYD the first black guy to headline a promotion.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 10, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Welp pack it in guys, Dave confirmed that Daniel Bryan is catchphrase over

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave's analysis of the crowd was odd. A few people in the front row chanting Yes when Bryan got speared while 90% of the crowd booed means Bryan is just catchphrase over.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 10, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave's analysis of the crowd was odd. A few people in the front row chanting Yes when Bryan got speared means Bryan is just catchphrase over.

I think he gave too much importance to those guys as well, but the positive reactions for him haven't been as loud as they should the past couple weeks.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Thauros posted:

I think he gave too much importance to those guys as well, but the positive reactions for him haven't been as loud as they should the past couple weeks.

I agree. The crummy creative thing they're doing between Bryan and Reigns is doing neither any favors. I feel like it's a weird dynamic where the crowd isn't sure who to cheer for so they just don't instead.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

LordPants posted:

Was he hardcore champ when it was really well booked and worth more than the modern day IC title?
The hardcore championship was better booked than the IC title currently is for pretty much its entire existence, so yes.

E: wait, that was your point wasn't it?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Thauros posted:

Crowd has been dead for everyone for the past couple of weeks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave's analysis of the crowd was odd. A few people in the front row chanting Yes when Bryan got speared while 90% of the crowd booed means Bryan is just catchphrase over.

I just watched it... It was like 3 guys that happened to be right by a camera. And they were either Reigns fans or idiots, because why the hell would you chant that in that scenario, even if it's just the chant you like?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Did anyone else in the podcast share in Dave's weird rear end analysis? Didn't he hear the nuclear heat Roman Reigns came out to?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Oh he's way harsher on Reigns. He basically seems to think he's dead in the water as a face.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

Oh he's way harsher on Reigns. He basically seems to think he's dead in the water as a face.

I think a big part of it is Dave just hating the WWE's booking. Like if you want a guy to get over as your top face, don't have him lose to the Big Show. It's pretty simple stuff and WWE is getting it all wrong.

Time will tell how Roman ends up, but I could see him settling into the Dean Ambrose/Dolph Ziggler position of "hey remember when WWE was behind this guy once upon a time?"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daniel Bryan posted:

that's about right. The Roman Reigns Does Cool poo poo push should have started 3 weeks before the Rumble instead of a 2 weeks after.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
Meltzer is really overreacting on Bryan. I mean, yeah the dude's cooled off since 'Mania, but hell it would be hard for him not to. Listening to the podcast it was like Dave thought Bryan's just another guy now.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Maybe Bryan has lost overness because since coming back he lost to Bray Wyatt, got dumped out of the Royal Rumble like a sack of poo poo, needed Roman Reigns to help him win a match, and started fighting THE DEMON KANE again

hmmmmm

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I think a big part of it is Dave just hating the WWE's booking. Like if you want a guy to get over as your top face, don't have him lose to the Big Show. It's pretty simple stuff and WWE is getting it all wrong.

Time will tell how Roman ends up, but I could see him settling into the Dean Ambrose/Dolph Ziggler position of "hey remember when WWE was behind this guy once upon a time?"

The difference between those guys and Reigns is that they're not just a little high on him, they actually want him to be the new #1 face in the near future. You can't accuse them of only halfheartedly wanting to get him over like Dave and countless others have with guys like Bryan and Rey.

They're just incompetent. If nothing else this unfortunately shows that Dave was wrong when the Shield was around and he held them up as an example of them knowing how to get people over when they actually want to. They were lucky to be in the right place at the right time and were smart enough to politick themselves out of doing stupid poo poo that would make them look like idiots.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gatorfade posted:

Meltzer is really overreacting on Bryan. I mean, yeah the dude's cooled off since 'Mania, but hell it would be hard for him not to. Listening to the podcast it was like Dave thought Bryan's just another guy now.
Aren't they going to start getting to shows in PIttsburgh (yeah I know they are usually a lovely crowd, but they like Bryan) and Chicago?

Also Corey Graves was on the Marvel Podcast
http://marvel.com/news/comics/24066/listen_to_this_week_in_marvel_171.5_with_corey_graves
Not really surprised that Corey's promo influences is Jesse Ventura (shows up in his commentary especially) and Raven

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Did anyone else in the podcast share in Dave's weird rear end analysis? Didn't he hear the nuclear heat Roman Reigns came out to?

It was only Mike on the podcast with him, which is the equivalent of having a pile of wet Kleenex hosting. Things have come to a pretty pass when you're relying on Davey Boy Mootzer to bring the personality in that pairing.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave clarified and said on the Board that it's more about the weak creative that's hurting Reigns, Cena, and Bryan. And you can hear it in the crowd.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave clarified and said on the Board that it's more about the weak creative that's hurting Reigns, Cena, and Bryan. And you can hear it in the crowd.

yeah it's fun to follow as a distant observer on the internet but I can understand that the reaction in the arena is like, "huh?"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

That I would agree with 100%. Everyone seems to be getting mixed reactions, it's weird. Hopefully after Fastlane they will have everyone in more clearly defined roles that the crowd can get behind.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
for the record, i think that if Bryan/Reigns have a super freaking good match at Fastlane then a lot of this might get resolved for the better

but god, if they do a poo poo finish that makes both guys look bad, well...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

triplexpac posted:

That I would agree with 100%. Everyone seems to be getting mixed reactions, it's weird. Hopefully after Fastlane they will have everyone in more clearly defined roles that the crowd can get behind.

Last night was really odd. I wouldn't say people were booing a ton, or cheering, or even loud, but they were noisy. Like everyone in the crowd were just talking to each other instead of watching.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Alain Post posted:

for the record, i think that if Bryan/Reigns have a super freaking good match at Fastlane then a lot of this might get resolved for the better

I have this sinking feeling they're going to have Bryan turn heel in an attempt to get Reigns over, and it's going to be terrible.

Bryan needs to come back already. Mike is fine, but it's tough listening to the Observers with him and Dave. I quit at about 40 minutes today, maybe I'll go back to it later.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

Alain Post posted:

I think the match will be very good, but if the direction really is Bryan/Reigns/Lesnar guarantee it's a poo poo finish.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gatorfade posted:

I think the match will be very good, but if the direction really is Bryan/Reigns/Lesnar guarantee it's a poo poo finish.

it's hard, but it's possible to do a brutal double countout or something that makes both guys look good. this is where WWE really hurt themselves with the endless bad finishes- there's nothing wrong with a very rare dusty finish.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Alain Post posted:

it's hard, but it's possible to do a brutal double countout or something that makes both guys look good. this is where WWE really hurt themselves with the endless bad finishes- there's nothing wrong with a very rare dusty finish.

I for one am gonna mark out hard when Big Show shambles down to the ring for the distraction roll-up finish.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
and I know it's hard but if you listen to the full podcast, Dave reiterates that Mania should be Lesnar/Bryan in a singles.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
If they absolutely must go in that direction a double 10 count in the ring is probably the best option. Maybe it's just me but that seems like a less bullshit draw than a double countout or double DQ.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Alain Post posted:

Yeah I agree, the double countout thing COULD work if you had like a year's worth of clean finishes before it. Otherwise it just reeks of "WWE trying to get out of a match they never should have booked"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Spermgod posted:

If they absolutely must go in that direction a double 10 count in the ring is probably the best option. Maybe it's just me but that seems like a less bullshit draw than a double countout or double DQ.

it needs to be absolutey brutal, otherwise both guys look weak. idk if I can think of an example offhand of this working though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I agree, the double countout thing COULD work if you had like a year's worth of clean finishes before it. Otherwise it just reeks of "WWE trying to get out of a match they never should have booked"

The line (I don't remember if this is Dave or Court or someone else) that current WWE is just Creative frantically trying to book around Vince's arbitrary, impulsive decisions rings so true and is so obvious when you watch the product now. A story will start, an inexplicable wrench thrown in, and then you get a bunch of awful booking/writing to reverse it. When this is the main event, it affects the card all the way down.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Re: Big Show and Kane not doing anyone any favors, was I dumb to think that maybe, just maybe the Kane/Bryan feud would be over with the casket match? It's a CASKET MATCH! What the hell is the point of bringing it out if you're just going to have them fight on RAW TWICE?!

I'm so naive. :(

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Alain Post posted:

it needs to be absolutey brutal, otherwise both guys look weak. idk if I can think of an example offhand of this working though.

Chigusa Nagayo vs. Devil Masami 08/22/85 is the only one that immediately comes to mind and I can't see them booking Reigns to have a 40 minute war

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

and I know it's hard but if you listen to the full podcast, Dave reiterates that Mania should be Lesnar/Bryan in a singles.

If the plan is for Bryan to win the title at WM, he's right. Pinning Reigns doesn't really accomplish much for Bryan and hurts Reigns.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

JAssassin posted:

Re: Big Show and Kane not doing anyone any favors, was I dumb to think that maybe, just maybe the Kane/Bryan feud would be over with the casket match? It's a CASKET MATCH! What the hell is the point of bringing it out if you're just going to have them fight on RAW TWICE?!

I'm so naive. :(

I think it's them just trying to give Smackdown some good momentum on it's new Thursday night, it'll die down soon.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

elf help book posted:

Last night was really odd. I wouldn't say people were booing a ton, or cheering, or even loud, but they were noisy. Like everyone in the crowd were just talking to each other instead of watching.

Yea I did not like the crowd last night. Really a lot of the people going NO in the front row I saw seemed to be a bunch of kids in Cena shirts though there were some guys who seemed to be going both ways with yes-es and no-s all night too so I don't even know.

Either way, I don't think Dave was right about Bryan being catch phrase over.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 10, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
10-15 years ago with a product like this people would've stopped going to the shows. Now they show up and sit on their hands all night. WWE should be thankful for that, I guess.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Brock/Bryan ironman match, make it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I was doing okay on the Mike show until he asked Dave if the Sting impersonator was Bo Dallas. What the gently caress?

Bryan can certainly be a pain to listen to sometimes, but these couple weeks of Mike have me greatly anticipating his return.

• Locked thread