Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

scamming was hilarious tho

One time a goon had a live one but didn't have the heart to go through with the basic recruiting scam. I took over, got the money and then felt really bad about it. Oh well, I don't feel bad anymore and I got to keep half the money :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So I'm still playing this game and I am still having fun with it, believe it or not. I'm one of the goons that rolled east, along with some RL friends who are also goons, on Aranzeb. We've since formed a small guild of just the 4 to 5 of us and have been doing quite well for our selves. We managed to get most of us into varying illustrious gear and recently found a bunch of good, free land in arcum iris. We got 2 gazebo farms and a 16 x 16 and may get another gazebo and a large house spot in the same area. We mostly PVP in hasla, we were in markala for a while and were PVPing there too. This game may have its short comings but ultimately its a pretty okay game in my opinion and its worth my time. Just voicing my opinion here take it as you will.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
All I'm going to say is that for all of its (many, many) faults and the lovely publisher, Archeage is the easiest game to troll in I've played in ages.

You'll be wanting vehicles to block/impede people by the way.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

One thing that changes in this thread are the page numbers. That's about it though.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012
This just in: apparently Wicked has :splintered: due to much of the memberbase being unable to see eye-to-eye with the GM (Krogger). Something about FC spies (I hope they were the FC goons) and demanding that the GM step down, which of course Krogger being Krogger absolutely refused to do. I dunno, just what I've picked up from a few dorks here and there who used to be Wicked, I poked them to see what was up.

Even if most of the goons have quit the game entirely, there's a kind of schadenfreude or something that the guild that goons splintered into splintered in turn.

If there's any Wicked goons still following this thread, I'd like to hear your take on things.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I guess when I spammed chat awhile ago with all their dirty laundry from feedz and friends saying that I would be the perfect replacement for krogger may of had an affect.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

balistafreak posted:

This just in: apparently Wicked has :splintered: due to much of the memberbase being unable to see eye-to-eye with the GM (Krogger). Something about FC spies (I hope they were the FC goons) and demanding that the GM step down, which of course Krogger being Krogger absolutely refused to do. I dunno, just what I've picked up from a few dorks here and there who used to be Wicked, I poked them to see what was up.

Even if most of the goons have quit the game entirely, there's a kind of schadenfreude or something that the guild that goons splintered into splintered in turn.

If there's any Wicked goons still following this thread, I'd like to hear your take on things.

:allears:

this is amazing

i guess krogger bought one too many weapons for his e-gf with guild funds

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Third World Reggin posted:

I guess when I spammed chat awhile ago with all their dirty laundry from feedz and friends saying that I would be the perfect replacement for krogger may of had an affect.

Why don't you spam this thread with it, too?

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

balistafreak posted:

Something about FC spies (I hope they were the FC goons) and demanding that the GM step down, which of course Krogger being Krogger absolutely refused to do.

The spy was none other than goon hero Nerdkiller.

[edit] Also the story is something like Krogger was groomed by some chick and let her decide who got loot or something through family chat and people got pissed or something.

I just wanted to use the word groomed.

kznlol fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 9, 2015

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Ah, so that's what happened. Logged in to do my weekly tax payment and noticed the roster was 4/38.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

kznlol posted:

For real?

I remember his glorious war crimes and trials back in halcyona.

Praise his name!

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Nerdkiller is a goon and the one true Goon King.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
what the gently caress is wrong with goons

and why do I still follow this thread. i have a mortgage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kznlol posted:

[edit] Also the story is something like Krogger was groomed by some chick and let her decide who got loot or something through family chat and people got pissed or something.

I just wanted to use the word groomed.

smdh, letting rear end get in the way of equitable distribution of loot

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

posting here for nostalgia reasons etc

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012
Upon further review of the situation, it seems that Krogger really had it coming. Apparently he was trying to funnel guild poo poo towards some girl he had an e-boner for.

Cripes.

Repeat: are there any goons here with access to Wicked's internal forums? I really want to see if they went down in the flames that everyone is claiming they did.

balistafreak fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 10, 2015

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

balistafreak posted:

Upon further review of the situation, it seems that Krogger really had it coming. Apparently he was trying to funnel guild poo poo towards some girl he had an e-boner for.

Cripes.

Repeat: are there any goons here with access to Wicked's internal forums? I really want to see if they went down in the flames that everyone is claiming they did.

You can try tatersyym.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

balistafreak posted:

that's not fair, balista

more likely is that he had a real boner for an e-girl

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

atlas of bugs posted:

that's not fair, balista

more likely is that he had a real boner for an e-girl

Fair enough. I just tend to classify boners from their source, not necessarily their actual physical traits.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Didn't he already do that before when we were first allied with them? I thought I remember his established thing was to give guild assets to "girls."

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:smugmrgw:

The shadow council strikes again

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Charles Bukowski posted:

Didn't he already do that before when we were first allied with them? I thought I remember his established thing was to give guild assets to "girls."

as opposed to me,

who gives "guild assets" to girls

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
i'm on fire

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

Yes he did it pre launch, I made fun of him about it constantly on release, and he blew his guild up over it now lmao

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Eonwe posted:

Yes he did it pre launch, I made fun of him about it constantly on release, and he blew his guild up over it now lmao

virgin nerds teenagers always do this (to the best of my understanding...it could just be a stereotype)

and it has never, ever worked

right?

I mean, on the one hand, that isn't how attraction and romance and love and commitment works in the real world

on the other hand, everyone once in a while you hear about a couple that met online, in the game, being married (sometimes in NIGHT ELF HAVENSONG CITY or whatever)

so does it actually work like one miniscule p[ercent of the time, in this one particular community of insular dorks (no offense guys), and so, believing this minimal likelihood represents his best chance at female attention, he might actually be acting 100% logically in his case, in that context, doing it game after game until, hopefully, he does the equivalent of flipping HEADS forty times in a row?

(devils advocate here)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
did anybody ever end up capturing castles from each other?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

hakimashou posted:

did anybody ever end up capturing castles from each other?

Not when there was a real defense. Seeing as how the walls are using 1.8 patch health values and expecting lv 55 players to attack them. And the cannons on top of the walls shoot farther then the ones on the ground do and do a poo poo load of damage.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

balistafreak posted:

Cripes.

Their internal forums had nothing on it since they had just finished revamping it and it was a forum for a guild in an mmo so nothing was posted on there anyways. Nerdkiller told Enklaz and I that he was the FC spy for the past four months and told us to reroll east and join FC with him. He released one screenshot of Krogger's family chat where it showed Vendetta getting extremely pissed that someone else was tanking the Kraken and told Krogger to not give him the shield that dropped. Here's some stuff that he revealed.

The hitbox where Nerdkiller streamed all the officer meetings and world boss attempts to Feedz: http://www.hitbox.tv/crowgate2014/videos

A preview video of upcoming goodies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-RRVS2infk

Nerdkiller also wants to become a goon so someone spend :10bux: and get him an account.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

balistafreak posted:

Fair enough. I just tend to classify boners from their source, not necessarily their actual physical traits.

FRiend, boner taxonomy is a diverse and complex field

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Game full of stable normal people right there.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
As far as I'm concerned this means AA had a happy ending.

It all worked out in the end.

AA is the crucible of Goon Heros.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Archeage is definitely not for stable normal people. A prominent player on Aranzeb was outted as a convicted pedophile last week and then this house was discovered this morning with many houses with the same sort of stuff in the neighborhood.

:nws: http://puu.sh/fJSQb/419b1528d6.jpg :nws:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

kloa posted:

posting here for nostalgia reasons etc

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Why would you ever post that even tagged

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok so based on widestancer's post i cant look at that but

are we sure it isn't good ol BFM or is this yet another brokebrained pedo MMO player

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

rip them

remember when wicked tried to treat goons like bitches so they could get a kraken kill and some goons were literally sitting eye to taint so they could loving lap up the poop wicked was giving them lol

eonwe fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 10, 2015

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

tatersyum posted:

Archeage is definitely not for stable normal people. A prominent player on Aranzeb was outted as a convicted pedophile last week and then this house was discovered this morning with many houses with the same sort of stuff in the neighborhood.

:nws: http://puu.sh/fJSQb/419b1528d6.jpg :nws:

AMAZING

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

It's on the island right next to Unji's mansion!!

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
So it takes a spy to reveal that wicked's leadership was immature and self-serving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all I know is I liked Wicked the first day or two of launch then it became clear they were absolute shitlords

• Locked thread