Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bear is driving! posted:

This game is just all around bad.

Hunters can be killed far too easily by the environment, in many cases wiped out in the opening moments of a match by a plant or wildlife.

Matchmaking is broken, connections are horrible, and playing a co-op game with three pubbies with no mics is just a waste of time.

Skip this game, the player base will be gone in a month anyway.

did you play it....on THE PS4!?!!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LoG posted:

I just spent like 40 bucks on sweet sweet Skins.

Black Baby Goku posted:

this explains everything

Black Baby Goku posted:

like father, like son

Quoting for new page because I can't stop laughing

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
holy gently caress you dont like the game, i'm pretty sure everyone gets it now

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The guy who designed for League of Legends working for riot in this thread made some good points in its defense so I'm still on the fence though

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can anyone who bought the game chime in, I'm on a fence but I'm guessing everyone who is enjoying it is playing it.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Tenzarin posted:

Can anyone who bought the game chime in, I'm on a fence but I'm guessing everyone who is enjoying it is playing it.

I bought the game and I really like it. I'd recommend taking a peek at a few gameplay videos if you haven't already, just to get a basic idea of how it plays because it can be a bit different.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Impulse bought it, only need to play it for 2 hours for it to be worth my time, so what the hell. Hoping to recreate some of The Hidden gameplay.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Monster is 3rd person only?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

a big beesting of an update interrupted me so now im waiting for it to "evolve" into a full game worth 3 gigs

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Monster is 3rd person only?

Yes.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

MinibarMatchman posted:

a big beesting of an update interrupted me so now im waiting for it to "evolve" into a full game worth 3 gigs

That's probably the load time improvement update the promised :shepicide:

Tenzarin posted:

It's a game that is definitely worth checking out a stream or two for, I find it routinely fun to watch regardless of if the player is good or not - if they aren't good, it's a 'Sideshow Bob in a field of rakes' situation, and if they are good you see some pretty cool stuff happen.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

I've been looking at this Icon for a few minutes.

I cannot really tell what kind of classes the first 3 are, I'm guessing, Support/Medic for the first two and Assault for the 3rd, but I would bet my left nut that dude with the bird is a Trapper.

And that has my attention, but I wanna see some actual details first.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheNabster posted:

I cannot really tell what kind of classes the first 3 are, I'm guessing, Support/Medic for the first two and Assault for the 3rd, but I would bet my left nut that dude with the bird is a Trapper.

Assault, Medic, Support, Hunter

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I hope the bird talks

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Bought it for $45. It is fun, but I also think Titanfall is fun. YMMV and game might be dead in three months.

One hang on connecting and one CTD in about six hours. Not awful stabilitywise. I couldn't care less about skins and all of that.

Insanite fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 11, 2015

AllLuckySevens
Oct 15, 2012
Can't even connect online. Something about My 2k.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Quoting for new page because I can't stop laughing

:boom:

i just got Post Historied. It's a great day.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
When you went to disney land did you stop by Epcot Center? That place was the tits when I was young.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LoG posted:

:boom:

i just got Post Historied. It's a great day.

your child drinks piss

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

When you went to disney land did you stop by Epcot Center? That place was the tits when I was young.

Nope. Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. Epcot is tits though.

Black Baby Goku posted:

your child drinks piss

I bet you still do!

:iceburn:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

TheNabster posted:

Slightly better image, the actual card in the game sleeve has them labeled by class:

Support, Medic, Assault, Trapper.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LoG posted:

Nope. Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom. Epcot is tits though.

I bet you still do!

:iceburn:

Black Baby Goku posted:

your child drinks piss

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Can't we be friends?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ok

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

bear is driving! posted:

This game is just all around bad.

Hunters can be killed far too easily by the environment, in many cases wiped out in the opening moments of a match by a plant or wildlife.

Matchmaking is broken, connections are horrible, and playing a co-op game with three pubbies with no mics is just a waste of time.

Skip this game, the player base will be gone in a month anyway.

you know a game is bad when the dude that rageclosed the original Titanfall thread in a fit of denial and anger at the possibility of his hyped game being bad says that it is in fact bad

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Tenzarin posted:

Is the install really 50 gigs and how is the game?

It is a good game for funhavings. Then again I play a lot of bad games.

It's legit 33GB.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

LoG posted:

I just spent like 40 bucks on sweet sweet Skins.

the Games equivalent of lighting a cigar with $100 note, except the cigar is actually a tightly rolled turd
premium turd, but still a turd

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

qnqnx posted:

the Games equivalent of lighting a cigar with $100 note, except the cigar is actually a tightly rolled turd
premium turd, but still a turd

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Cool, I'm going to watch Justified now. Can we catch up later?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

LoG posted:

Cool, I'm going to watch Justified now. Can we catch up later?

Sure thing I'm playing SMT IV.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm paying evolve it's fun

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Realtalk even if I wasn't annoyed at the core concept of these skins and poo poo, none of them look any good. Oh cool I can make my Assault's gun off grey, and I can make my monster ugly puke green, worth a few bucks for sure.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

pepe had seen better times

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Realtalk even if I wasn't annoyed at the core concept of these skins and poo poo, none of them look any good. Oh cool I can make my Assault's gun off grey, and I can make my monster ugly puke green, worth a few bucks for sure.

Whales' gonna whale. In TYOOL 2015 you'd be a fool not to throw in a gold plated trinket with a price tag. Even TF2 still has that crazy engagement ring.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

There's more venom and hate in this thread then the goddamn Walking Dead TV thread. :anime: I bought Evolve for Ps4, so jokes on me then! :allears:

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I can't update the spreadsheet from my phone but I'm down for playing any class, any mode as soon as I update.

PSN: TempusRimeblood

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Whales' gonna whale. In TYOOL 2015 you'd be a fool not to throw in a gold plated trinket with a price tag. Even TF2 still has that crazy engagement ring.

I've also never tipped

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

I can't update the spreadsheet from my phone but I'm down for playing any class, any mode as soon as I update.

PSN: TempusRimeblood

Did it for you because I am a nice guy. That'll be $2.99 please.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
gently caress trying to hunt some big go-ram monster, I'm having a hard enough time finding people to play with in this poo poo jungle they call matchmaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Sazabi posted:

gently caress trying to hunt some big go-ram monster, I'm having a hard enough time finding people to play with in this poo poo jungle they call matchmaking.

How so? I've yet to wait more than 30 seconds to be matched. I assume we're all drawing from the same pool.

• Locked thread