Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Know who I'd love to have on Spider-Man?

Mike Wieringo :(

God dammit now I'm sad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

That's just mean.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Pureauthor posted:

Most real life breakups don't involve selling the relationship to the devil.

Most.

I'd like Frank Cho to get a proper arc in.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Die Laughing posted:

Most.

I'd like Frank Cho to get a proper arc in.

Or Jimmy Cheung, but I'd like books to be released sometime this century.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

You dick.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The next Hickman project should be Dr. Strange. He's explored the Universe (FF), the Multiverse (Avengers) and now he can explore the magic-verse! He writes a good Dr Strange, and there's not a whole lot of super compelling Strange titles through history. They should push Hickman as the definitive run for Strange while the movie's being produced.

The Deadpool team would be great for Spider-Man, they've already shown they can do goofy and serious and the whole run (Except the dead presidents) has been pretty amazing. I think they'd be able to pull an emotional arc out of Spider-Man too between all the goofy Hypno Hustler issues.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

gently caress it, Ken Penders should be given Spider-Man

:getin:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Rhyno posted:

You dick.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

I look forward to the introduction of dozens of new Symbiotes, their alien Echydna hosts, and the book focusing on the political drama of their homeworld.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I keep hearing praise for the Miles Morales character but haven't picked up a Spidey comic since Kraven's Last Hunt. What issue do I need to pick up to start with Peter's death leading into Miles taking over?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Esroc posted:

I keep hearing praise for the Miles Morales character but haven't picked up a Spidey comic since Kraven's Last Hunt. What issue do I need to pick up to start with Peter's death leading into Miles taking over?

Unsurprisingly Death of Spider-Man followed by Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #1

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Esroc posted:

The right answer is that you should read all of Ultimate Spider-Man. But if you just want Ultimate Peter's death on you want 156-160 which is where he dies, Ultimate Fallout which is where they show the effects of it, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (2011) 1-28 which is the first Miles series, and then Miles Morales The Ultimate Spider-Man which is the current Miles series.

X-O fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 11, 2015

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Well, just finished the Spider-Verse kind of lame ending, I thought.

Spoilers for Spider-Verse ending:
- Kinda bummed that Kaine died. Looks like it's permanent but I'm betting that post-Secret Wars Miles will be in the 616 as Scarlet Spider since Riley and Kaine are gone.

-I guess Silk and Peter are a thing now? Judging by their replies to each other at the end? Weird.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
re: Hickman

I think he's a great writer and he can write characters really well (his last issue of FF is one of my favorite single issues ever), but for Spidey stuff I don't think he's a good match. I would like the Deadpool team onboard, but otherwise I'll just keep not buying Spidey comics.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, that was an anti-climax.

So most of the inheritors literally got beaten and webbed up off panel, and then got tossed into the radioactive universe, presumably to either die of radiation poisoning or starve to death in the bunker. Leopardon shows up for one page and doesn't actually appear to do anything. Still credit where it's due, Mayday actually turns around and does the heroic thing. Presumably if there's a reset button it will be next issue in the epilogue with Karn becoming the new Master Weaver.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, that was an anti-climax.

... next issue in the epilogue with Karn becoming the new Master Weaver.

I totally didn't even put two and two together but that is definitely what is going to happen. Unless I missed it and they actually stated that happened.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Get ready for Spider-Man and his Amazingly Hot Asian Girlfriend!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Gotta prep the character for her starring role in Marvel and Sony's upcoming Untitled Female Led Spider-Man Universe Film

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Silk is spinning off into her own book so isn't staying as Spider-Man's girlfriend or anything.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

hiddenriverninja posted:

I swear to god they'd better not put Cindy loving Moon in the new movies.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Kelp Plankton posted:

Gotta prep the character for her starring role in Marvel and Sony's upcoming Untitled Female Led Spider-Man Universe Film

I would watch a movie with all the alternate Spiders instead of Peter. Maybe a universe of Spider-people. A "Spider-Verse", if you will.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

Silk is spinning off into her own book so isn't staying as Spider-Man's girlfriend or anything.

Is she leaving NYC?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
All the bad guys get defeated off panel. And nothing loving happens.

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Rhyno posted:

Is she leaving NYC?

Not yet but she'll do the usual thing of hanging around him for the first issue or arc and then go off to fight her own bad dudes/find her lost family/new found backstory cast.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Pureauthor posted:

All the bad guys get defeated off panel. And nothing loving happens.

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed

It's the typical Dan Slott writing style. Tons and tons of slow build-up and complications and lots of characters standing around talking about stuff all dragged out longer than it needs to be, bits of good dialogue here and there, one or two nice moments, and then when he has to progress the story it all happens at once and as quickly as possible. And it's never satisfying.

He's established a pretty solid pattern by now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Epilogue speculations:
Any Spiders whose home dimensions aren't going to be in Secret Wars will be stuck on Loomworld since their homes are gone due to incursion, which will become Arachnia in Secret Wars. Since Mayday showed mercy to Karn's family, even if he's estranged from them, he'll restore her family and any other spiders he can (presumably he won't be as adept as the actual Master Weaver, so he won't be able to godmode in Secret Wars) and she'll go home to MC2 to presumably show up in any Secret Wars tie-ins to that universe, maybe with Uncle Ben in tow since he has noplace else to go. SpOck will try something to escape his fate and will fail, causing him to get sent back in time without his memory.

But then I may be giving Slott too much credit.

Edit: it looks like i might have been right about Arachnia, at least. WILL IT EVER END?

Waterhaul posted:

Well that's like 50% of the problems with her out of the way. Hopefully the new writer (it is someone other than Slott, right?) will make her less insufferable.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 11, 2015

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Yvonmukluk posted:

Epilogue speculations:
Any Spiders whose home dimensions aren't going to be in Secret Wars will be stuck on Loomworld since their homes are gone due to incursion, which will become Arachnia in Secret Wars. Since Mayday showed mercy to Karn's family, even if he's estranged from them, he'll restore her family and any other spiders he can (presumably he won't be as adept as the actual Master Weaver, so he won't be able to godmode in Secret Wars) and she'll go home to MC2 to presumably show up in any Secret Wars tie-ins to that universe, maybe with Uncle Ben in tow since he has noplace else to go. SpOck will try something to escape his fate and will fail, causing him to get sent back in time without his memory.

But then I may be giving Slott too much credit.

Well that's like 50% of the problems with her out of the way. Hopefully the new writer (it is someone other than Slott, right?) will make her less insufferable.

Robbie Thompson from Supernatural. How is he?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

hiddenriverninja posted:

Robbie Thompson from Supernatural. How is he?

No idea, I don't watch that show. Has he actually written any other comics?

Also: How is Mike Costa as a writer, since he's doing the Secret Wars tie-in? Didn't he do Scarlet Spiders? That seemed pretty good. What other stuff has he done?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

No idea, I don't watch that show. Has he actually written any other comics?

Also: How is Mike Costa as a writer, since he's doing the Secret Wars tie-in? Didn't he do Scarlet Spiders? That seemed pretty good. What other stuff has he done?

He did a bunch of GI Joe and Transformers stuff for IDW. No idea how good/bad it was.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Them killing Kaine is bullshit. He better be back!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Never thought I'd hear THAT.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Never thought I'd hear THAT.

The times, they change. We don't even hate Venom anymore!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Probably Magic posted:

The times, they change. We don't even hate Venom anymore!

Nah Venom is horrible poo poo now that Bendis had his way and made the symbioses honorable alien warriors looking for good hosts to do good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It was a lot more interesting when the Venom symbiote was the least evil of his race (yet still a prick). As much as I love Remender's run, he made the symbiote a bit too one-dimensionally evil for my tastes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow. I have been looking so forward to Spider-Verse ever since they announced it. What a turd of an event.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

As much as I love Remender's run, he made the symbiote a bit too one-dimensionally evil for my tastes.

It was hard to tell where it was the symbiote ended and the booze started in that run.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

bobkatt013 posted:

Hasn't he torn his way out of the giant spider monster bodies like they're cocoons before? Them killing that thing might not mean a whole lot if next issue Kaine just climbs out of it and is like "where are my clothes you guys"

right?

r... right..........?

:negative:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

It was hard to tell where it was the symbiote ended and the booze started in that run.

Well yeah, and I understand that that was the point, he was doing a metaphor, and it was great. I just personally like the symbiote to be a character instead of a metaphor.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Speaking of Asian spider characters it really annoys me that the only thing SP//dr did in the entire event outside of her EoSV issue was literally cry about how fighting hurt. I think this was the first time she did anything behind stand in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nah Venom is horrible poo poo now that Bendis had his way and made the symbioses honorable alien warriors looking for good hosts to do good.

Did he even actually write his Symbiote Planet story? Or have I just blissfully ignored Guardians and missed it?

Has Venom even done anything in Guardians?

• Locked thread