Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

phosdex posted:

For some reason I got the impression we were seeing another Charlie-version of events. That's why Dennis is acting so weird.

Charlie excels at Charlie Work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Officer Farva posted:

That's exactly what I thought was happening at the end, when he walked in and everybody was just kind of back to normal.

I'll go ahead and be the first to say I didn't really care for this episode. It was neat and different, but I didn't really find it funny, and funny is why I watch the show.

So :boom:

After watching the episode, it reminded me of "Psycho Pete Returns", where it just shows that the gang's perception of everyone else remains constant; Charlie does a lot for the gang, but the gang just attributes everything he does as pointless or they give credit to someone else in the gang.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'd really like to see this episode from the gang's perspective. They are trying to do their sweet plan and charlie keeps messing things up. Mac is trying to get the chickens out to the truck and then Charlie bursts in demanding he moans into a vent for no reason. They are trying to pack up their steaks and Charlie comes in and demands they start packaging limes for some reason.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
If you're interested in the technical aspects of the tracking shot:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-made-its-unintended-birdman-homage

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

That's probably the best episode of this show I have ever seen.

I don't understand the people in this thread who don't understand how Dennis got so sweaty and hosed up drilling a bunch of chickens back and forth for 15 minutes straight, though.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Sand Monster posted:

Is this, or other Fatwallet scams, documented anywhere? I find it kind of fascinating and I think it would be interesting to read about what else they've exploited. I don't frequent the site at all, do they have any kind of "Comedy Goldmine" equivalent?

It's 90% cash equivalents like "Vanilla Reloads" or whatever. Stories about "card hackers" basically hitting their local CVS/Walmart like crackheads are entertaining, but if you want stories about people trying to be incredibly clever only to get hosed over by minor changes, I'd recommend the Bitcoin thread.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

You're running a chicken and airline miles scam today?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

MrQwerty posted:

That's probably the best episode of this show I have ever seen.

I don't understand the people in this thread who don't understand how Dennis got so sweaty and hosed up drilling a bunch of chickens back and forth for 15 minutes straight, though.

If there's one thing I've learned on TVIV, it's that people seem to rarely believe what a show is telling them, and unless specifically stated, then you're free to prescribe any crazy theory to something.

In remembrance of the great 'Shannon wasn't shot she was secretly stabbed' theory/debate from Lost.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Its a shame the death of liveposting means we'll never get honest reactions like that again.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Entertaining episode but I wasn't as pumped for it as most were. Best part to me was black frank playing the g note in the basement and the chair payoff.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I didn't even notice the black frank, serves me right for watching low definition internet streams. Crime never pays

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

DrVenkman posted:

If there's one thing I've learned on TVIV, it's that people seem to rarely believe what a show is telling them, and unless specifically stated, then you're free to prescribe any crazy theory to something.

In remembrance of the great 'Shannon wasn't shot she was secretly stabbed' theory/debate from Lost.

Hey, there are still many of us in therapy due to what occurred in the LOST threads. Please be a gentlemen and not resurface this.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sand Monster posted:

Is this, or other Fatwallet scams, documented anywhere? I find it kind of fascinating and I think it would be interesting to read about what else they've exploited. I don't frequent the site at all, do they have any kind of "Comedy Goldmine" equivalent?

It wasn't a scam, there was nothing illegal about it. The Mint wanted to get dollar coins in circulation, so they were selling them with free shipping and accepting credit cards. So people would use their cashback-bonus credit cards to max out their limits buying coins. Then they'd use the currency they just purchased to pay off the credit cards, and profit to the tune of the cashback bonus amount. It wasn't limited to Fatwallet. And it could also work with cards that award air miles for purchases, except now instead of the cashback bonus you're getting free trips.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/07/13/137795995/how-frequent-fliers-exploit-a-government-program-to-get-free-trips
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-mint-ends-the-dollar-coin-scam-for-airline-miles-2011-7

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Phanatic posted:

It wasn't a scam, there was nothing illegal about it.

Poor choice of words with "scams". I probably should have said "schemes". But thank you for the links to those articles.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Fetus Tree posted:

Entertaining episode but I wasn't as pumped for it as most were. Best part to me was black frank playing the g note in the basement and the chair payoff.

Thanks for saying what I couldn't figure out how to say. This episode was kind of a weak one for me, I appreciate the difficulty of the shot but it just wasn't that funny. Trick stool and Frank were the best parts, but overall this is probably in the bottom 5 for me, especially for rewatchability.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Just watched the new episode, and I love it. They're really ramping up the insanity lately, but it makes sense because the characters have grown more like themselves over the past several years. Dennis, Dee, and Mac are all going crazy because they're getting older and battling the realization that they're not the cool people they thought they were, while Charlie's becoming a master of his own very specific domain (burning trash, slaying rats, and scamming the health department). Frank doesn't give a gently caress about anything and just wallows in the depravity.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Advice posted:

Thanks for saying what I couldn't figure out how to say. This episode was kind of a weak one for me, I appreciate the difficulty of the shot but it just wasn't that funny. Trick stool and Frank were the best parts, but overall this is probably in the bottom 5 for me, especially for rewatchability.

Holy poo poo, look at this bozo.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MrQwerty posted:

You assume an average goons done a hard days work and that's where you go wrong.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

You assume an average goons done a hard days work and that's where you go wrong.

:ssh: that was the joke but I didn't say goons

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Managed to get caught up on these two episode on my DVR this weekend,

Love Charlie Work, but Psycho Pete left me "eh."

I loved Dennis's taxes rant, and his "You didn't think of the smell...you BITCH" explosion, but other than that it felt like it kept building to a payoff that never happened.

After they sent Psycho Pete away on the train, I was honestly expecting The Gang to be reading the paper in the bar the next day and see an article about a bunch of people on a train to LA that got murdered and eaten, with an exchange similar to this happening:

Dee: I thought he said that story was made-up and he was in the loony bin for depression!
Dennis: No, that was made up...yeah, he totally ate his family.
Mac: Now that you mention it, I do remember reading about it in the paper.
Charlie: Yeah, it was on all over the news, I don't know how we forgot that. Psycho Pete, man...freight train...
Frank: Ok, but here's what I wanna know...what the Hell happened to Froggy?!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This is a few pages back but people were talking about The Gang Gets Trapped and there's one line from it that I die laughing at every time and I think sums up the entire series.

"Everybody's on the gas, nobody's on the brakes."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That Psycho episode felt like it was made by gluing together spare ideas, on a tight schedule. The plot lines didn't interact with each other, and lots of the dialogue felt heavy handed and unfinished / not incorporated into the scene. Specifically exchanges between Dennis and Dee were very basic and schematic, plus quite poorly presented, as if only hastily rehearsed.

Still, this is a great season so far.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

steinrokkan posted:

That Psycho episode felt like it was made by gluing together spare ideas, on a tight schedule. The plot lines didn't interact with each other, and lots of the dialogue felt heavy handed and unfinished / not incorporated into the scene. Specifically exchanges between Dennis and Dee were very basic and schematic, plus quite poorly presented, as if only hastily rehearsed.

Still, this is a great season so far.

Music was good, though.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Frank is really losing his poo poo isn't he

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Brawnfire posted:

Frank is really losing his poo poo isn't he

He makes less and less sense as the days go by.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Chili posted:

He makes less and less sense as the days go by.

They unzipped him. he's unzipped.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Between that and Dennis gravitating more and more towards sociopathy, and Dee realizing more and more that her dreams and aspirations are worthless, the show really does have amazing continuity.

The only real constants are Mac and Charlie I think. The two rocks of Paddy's. :)

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I would say they're declining all the same. Charlie has been getting more violent, spiteful, and egotistical as time goes on and Mac is being forced to face his repressed urges/feelings more and more frequently

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I want more frantic, exasperated straight-man Charlie. I never knew I wanted it, but now I do.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Aye Doc posted:

I would say they're declining all the same. Charlie has been getting more violent, spiteful, and egotistical as time goes on and Mac is being forced to face his repressed urges/feelings more and more frequently

I guess Mac is the only member of the gang who remains relatively benign. Being repressed doesn't hurt others, and unlike Charlie he doesn't tend to sacrifice people in selfish schemes.

I mean, even in the grocery store robbery episode Mac was the only person whose fantasy didn't involve murdering / letting die a friend.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The Game of Games will return next season.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
From Rob's twitter right now

Charlie and Mac never win.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

I guess Mac is the only member of the gang who remains relatively benign. Being repressed doesn't hurt others, and unlike Charlie he doesn't tend to sacrifice people in selfish schemes.

I mean, even in the grocery store robbery episode Mac was the only person whose fantasy didn't involve murdering / letting die a friend.

Dee still dies from a nunchuck to the face in Mac's fantasy.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Ajaxify posted:

From Rob's twitter right now

Charlie and Mac never win.

The funniest thing would be for them to not win, yet again, because the audience would expect it to finally go in Mac and Charlie's favor.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
Cheese and crepes!

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Easychair Bootson posted:

Cheese and crepes!

“Save it, Frank. There's no way we can beat them, okay? They are tailor-made for Level Three. Last time we played, Dee got "Emotional Battery". We berated that bitch for, like, two straight hours!..”
“I mean, really personal stuff...”
“Way over the line!..”
“The kind of stuff that cuts you to the core, you know?”
“She held it together without a single tear.”
“Dude, when her two minutes were out, she cried for a month straight. Every day, crying all day long. It was... depressing."
“Yeah, it was really sad. She talked about taking too many pills...”
“I think she tried to kill herself.”
“She did, she did. I saw it, but I didn't tell you about it...”

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Dead Precedents posted:

“I think she tried to kill herself.”
“She did, she did. I saw it, but I didn't tell you about it...”

this is the part that really makes it, I die at Mac's delivery of that last line every single time

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I love that to them, this is all normal behavior for Charlie.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This show is the best thing on television, no one can convince me any differently.
Also Guigino's returns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

WAITER!