Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bad Munki posted:

I expect to see my box tomorrow. :getin:

Scrub, mine is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Kerzoro posted:

So the box of my stuff weights almost 18 Lbs :stare:

Indolent Bastard posted:

Scrub, mine is here.
:argh:

And you didn't even post a pic of your giant pile of white plastic? Man, it's like you don't even care.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haha, hoisted by your own petard, Mr. Munki.

He's lying

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

Haha, hoisted by your own petard, Mr. Munki.

He's lying

WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT

anyhow, I already sold all of mine on ebay

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
2013 Core Set x1
Mouslings x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Gelatinous Cube x1
Water Elementals x1
Khanjira, the World Breaker x2
Expansion Set 1 x1

:whatup:

Edit: Also US, Wave 2

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 11, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT

anyhow, I already sold all of mine on ebay

AH-HA! Gotcha!

You're getting:
Mouslings x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Hill Giants x1
Master Series Paint Set x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 02-11-2015 and is being shipped UPS Ground.

For reference Wave 2 in the USA

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I did get my email later last night.

:boom: Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!:boom:

You're getting:
Beast Mode! x1
Bully for You x1
Swamp Things x1
Under the Sea x1
Pathfinder Heroes x1
Savage Worlds x1
Chronoscope Pulp Heroes x1
Mister Bones x1
Bag O' Bases Medium x1
Bag O' Bases Large x1
Hill Giants x1
Master Series Paint Set 2 x1
Troll Slayer Sophie x1
Barbarians x1
Greedy Adventurers x1

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I guess if we're posting these,

You're getting:
2013 Core Set x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Gelatinous Cube x1
Greater Demons x1
Water Elementals x2
Hill Giants x1
Demon Lords x1
Devils x1
Expansion Set 1 x1
Bag 'O Bases x3
Numenera Monsters x1
Expansion Set 2 x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x1
Khanjira, the World Breaker x1
Dragons Don't Share x1
Thank You Set x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 02-09-2015 and is being shipped UPS Ground.

Wave 1, USA

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sure everyone is carefully reading each other's lists so that we all know what we are all getting, because that's interesting.

So here's mine

You're getting:
2013 Core Set x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Mouslings x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Heroes and Villains x1
Gelatinous Cube x1
Hill Giants x1
Expansion Set 1 x1
Numenera Monsters x1
Expansion Set 2 x1
Dragons Don't Share x1
Thank You Set x1

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sure everyone is carefully reading each other's lists so that we all know what we are all getting, because that's interesting.

What did you think of my list? Does it please you? Do you think I made the right decisions? I'm not sure, maybe I should have ordered more bases.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Iris of Ether posted:

I can't say I was expecting to see so many Wave 2s so early. I think we've only gotten through 1500-1600 in the past 2 days, out of 2000 per wave?

Potentially it's a combination of people not confirming their pledge, and the RoW/USPS shipping thing mentioned earlier?

Pretty much. They're still fixing the USPS thing. Apparently customs info for ROW wasn't populating, so there are still some Wave 1 backers left.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

What did you think of my list? Does it please you? Do you think I made the right decisions? I'm not sure, maybe I should have ordered more bases.

Only one Khanjira? We are greatly displeased, hang your head in shame.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Only one Khanjira? We are greatly displeased, hang your head in shame.

I didn't want to run the risk of having both an Unstoppable Force and an Immovable Object on the same shelf, it was purely a safety concern.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I do look to see whether people got the Core Set and the Dragon. The core set looked underwhelming to me, and I decided not to get the dragon because seriously when am I ever going to use that in a game?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

homullus posted:

seriously when am I ever going to use that in a game?

Wait, there is a game to play? I thought the game was collecting dust?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

djfooboo posted:

Wait, there is a game to play? I thought the game was collecting dust?

Reaper will singlehandedly end world hunger by giving us the tools to collect enough dust to grow corn in.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Wave1 shipping notice received, for real this time. Arriving Monday, got it earlier today. Kinda slow, but whatever, waited this long already.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Also large packages go through UPS instead of USPS. For some reason UPS packages of wave 2 are going before USPS packages of wave 1.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Wave 1, international, no shipping notice, not cool

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PresidentBeard posted:

Also large packages go through UPS instead of USPS. For some reason UPS packages of wave 2 are going before USPS packages of wave 1.

I would strongly suspect this has everything to do with USPS's utterly garbage tracking system and not Reaper actually sending things out in the wrong order. I have had USPS shipments actually arrive at their destination before the tracking updated to show the package had been mailed at all.

UPS has had extremely good tracking with wireless real-time updating portable scanning devices throughout their US system at least since I worked there... in 1996. USPS added some sort of lovely not-really-working tracking some time I want to say maybe five years ago.

homullus posted:

I do look to see whether people got the Core Set and the Dragon. The core set looked underwhelming to me, and I decided not to get the dragon because seriously when am I ever going to use that in a game?

I won't use the dragon itself, but Dragons Don't Share is a really nice piece of terrain at a decent price, just for the terrain.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Weird. I got a tracking number from UPS but no email from Reaper.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

I would strongly suspect this has everything to do with USPS's utterly garbage tracking system and not Reaper actually sending things out in the wrong order. I have had USPS shipments actually arrive at their destination before the tracking updated to show the package had been mailed at all.

UPS has had extremely good tracking with wireless real-time updating portable scanning devices throughout their US system at least since I worked there... in 1996. USPS added some sort of lovely not-really-working tracking some time I want to say maybe five years ago.

Really I've always had a nearly opposite issue. Specifically one compounded by USPS delivering on Saturday and UPS not doing so.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

PresidentBeard posted:

Basically, they're trying to fix the system so that 1) it switches over properly to USPS when the UPS orders in a wave ends, and 2) make sure that it actually populates international backers' customs information, which it wasn't as of this morning. While Kit fixes that, they're going ahead and shipping out the Wave 2 stuff because the alternative is to have everyone else in the factory standing around until the customs stuff is fixed.

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

You're getting:
2013 Core Set x1
Mouslings x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Heroes and Villains x1
Gelatinous Cube x1
Greater Demons x1
Water Elementals x1
Devils x1
Expansion Set 1 x1

Your shipment was postmarked on 02-11-2015 and is being shipped UPS Ground.

Time to add another pile of white plastic to the pile that already exists! Yay!

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Just got back from a cinematography workshop and found this nice e-mail in my inbox:

Reaper posted:

You're getting:
2013 Core Set x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Mouslings x1
Unleash the Kraken! x1
Oh, Rats! x1
Heroes and Villains x1
Hill Giants x1
Demon Lords x1
Devils x1
Expansion Set 1 x1
Numenera Monsters x1
Expansion Set 2 x1
Dragons Don't Share x1
Thank You Set x1
Dark Sword Painting DVD Bundle x1

Of course, I decided to send it all back home to my parents house so I won't be seeing these for a while. v :v: v

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
According to UPS, my shipment weighs about as much as the average three-year-old.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

JackMann posted:

According to UPS, my shipment weighs about as much as the average three-year-old.

I am a little creeped out that UPS knows so readily how much the average three-year-old weighs.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I'm in Wave 3 so I have a little bit more to wait but it is so weird that this is happening at the same time that my Cthulhu Wars kickstarter is also being prepped for shipping. So many plastic things.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

homullus posted:

I am a little creeped out that UPS knows so readily how much the average three-year-old weighs.

Look, man. Some things, you just don't trust to FedEx.

EDIT: Looks like the USPS bug is fixed. They just hit 1000 orders with an Aussie shipment.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 12, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
My order makes me feel downright inadequate

You're getting:
Dragons Don't Share x1

:getin:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

JackMann posted:

EDIT: Looks like the USPS bug is fixed. They just hit 1000 orders with an Aussie shipment.

Woo :australia:

I would have loved a Khanjira or a Dragon :( but shipping more than doubled their cost. So I got mouslings and some paint, which still cost more than forty bucks to ship.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Schmetterling posted:

Woo :australia:

I would have loved a Khanjira or a Dragon :( but shipping more than doubled their cost. So I got mouslings and some paint, which still cost more than forty bucks to ship.

Jesus, why would you even go for it at that point?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
If you're wave 2 international (or others being shipped USPS), you'll be going just as soon as Wave 1 is completed, to reduce switchover time. After, they'll go right back to shipping Wave 2 UPS (of which they already got a pretty good chunk ground out).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Leperflesh posted:

UPS has had extremely good tracking with wireless real-time updating portable scanning devices throughout their US system at least since I worked there... in 1996
I still work there, and they've updated'em since, there's these weird little black Matrix-esque-looking bluetooth hubs hanging around various spots in the building covered in various lengths of antennae going every which way and also blinking lights all over'em, which connect all the scanners to the central scanning room for near-instantaneous updating. They've even upgraded the scanners so that they automatically know what addresses go to what loads so you don't even need to read the labels(handy if they're hand-written by morons in pencil, which happens depressingly frequently), so your package will usually not get sent halfway across the country when it's just going one state over! Hooray!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

JerryLee posted:

Jesus, why would you even go for it at that point?

Oops, meant to type twenty; I figured that for 24 new paints and some mice it was worth it, seeing as paint starts at $6/pot here.

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

Schmetterling posted:

Oops, meant to type twenty; I figured that for 24 new paints and some mice it was worth it, seeing as paint starts at $6/pot here.

Khanjira and a couple of other bits were a little pricey to ship. I grabbed some of the bigger items anyway as I figured retail pricing and other factors might make them pricier or at least the same price later, plus I budgeted for way more than I ended up getting. Our dollar has taken a massive dive since, so it worked out in a way.

I don't know about Citadel paints as I don't buy or use them, and they may be the $6 pots you're referring to. If not, Underground Wargamers are the cheapest I've found for Vallejo, The Combat Company for Minitaire, and Batal Games for P3. Tabletop Empires are the only place I've seen that sells Reaper paints, and they do sell Citadel paints at the same price.

No idea if any of the above is useful, but there are some unsolicited recommendations anyway.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Danoss posted:

Khanjira and a couple of other bits were a little pricey to ship.

That killed it for me. I realized that for international shipping, pretty much everything except the core had a shipping cost on par with the actual cost of the minis, and even worse for the large stuff that were such a deal for US customers. So I just got the core and one or two small extra sets.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I still work there, and they've updated'em since, there's these weird little black Matrix-esque-looking bluetooth hubs hanging around various spots in the building covered in various lengths of antennae going every which way and also blinking lights all over'em, which connect all the scanners to the central scanning room for near-instantaneous updating. They've even upgraded the scanners so that they automatically know what addresses go to what loads so you don't even need to read the labels(handy if they're hand-written by morons in pencil, which happens depressingly frequently), so your package will usually not get sent halfway across the country when it's just going one state over! Hooray!

Man, pretty much anything they could do to automate sorting better would be great. I worked preload shift at the San Francisco hub, which had a "carosel" built from actual amusement park carosel parts in like the 1970s or something. I was told once that when it was built, it was intended to handle 10k packages a day, but that at the time I was there, it was doing 100k packages a day on normal days (a lot more during the rush up to christmas). Every worker on the main sort line had to know which zip codes went into which bins on the carosel, except often a zip code was split across two bins so in those cases they had charts to memorize of all the addresses that went in each of the two bins. And they got them wrong a lot. This was preload so it was entirely handling arriving packages for SF delivery, I'm sure it was a lot worse on the evening shift for outgoing stuff.

I never did the main sort, though; after a couple months unloading trailers I got moved to "top red" which was the 94105 line. That's a downtown address, lots of office buildings and businesses, almost zero residential. Memorizing all the addresses that went on three package cars wasn't so bad, but after six months or so I got moved to the head of the line to split the line and scan everything with a scanner that strapped on my arm. At that point, I had to memorize every address in 94105 to know where on the belt it went (plus, two addresses on an alleyway that, while technically in 94105, only opens onto 3rd street which is 94107 and so those specific two addresses belonged to the 94107 belt instead, so I had to pull those when someone on the main sort hadn't memorized that detail).

Anyway the point is, a lot of part-time employees (which is a high-turnover position) had to memorize a hell of a lot of addresses in order to handle a huge volume of packages. Having scanners that could actually tell you where to sort a package sounds like a good idea, although I'd guess having to read a scanner screen before sorting a package might slow people down. Ultimately I figure RFID chips will get cheap enough that every package label can have one, and at that point, pretty much everything but the final package car load job could be automated by robots.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh I meant loaders in trucks, not sorters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The evening, outbound sort? I never worked evening so I don't have much idea of how that operation works.

• Locked thread