Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

wit posted:

This and the rest of the channel are brilliant. No screeching or wacky voice for laughs. No leaning on the joke. Just a serene, low effort voice pushing all the buttons and leaving these people to lose their minds. :golfclap:
So this guy just streamed for the first time and I don't know how but he found some little Irish kid with broken legs in DayZ. The kid couldn't kill himself because he had no weapons (because Daniel ran ahead and took them all) and he couldn't climb anything to jump off because his legs were broken. All the kid could do was roll around on the ground hoping that something would kill him so he could go play with his friends. Daniel protected him from anything dangerous as the little kid begged for a sweet release. At one point the kid sounded like he was crying because Daniel refused to kill him. Needless to say, it was amazing.

He said that he couldn't record for Youtube while streaming because his computer was really bad but hopefully the Twitch VOD will save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
OP please close the thread, open a new one and maybe the mods will probate all the people who won't stop forcing their stupid shitbaby opinions about what griefing is or other posters or whatever loving garbage they keep making GBS threads up the thread with on us.

Content time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKA6-QpiYvU

Kobold eBooks fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 11, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the games mods are actually good and don't probate people just because

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

can someone please google my username and try to shame me, i have a shaming fetish and i dont want to be left out, thanks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

can someone please google my username and try to shame me, i have a shaming fetish and i dont want to be left out, thanks

there you go friend

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Eonwe posted:

there you go friend

ohhh, eennhhhhh

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Control Volume posted:

Found you, nerd

http://crystals1986.deviantart.com/

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
This thread should be moved to pyf that way people can post about and discuss their favorites without me having to see it on the first page of games with 40 new posts by a bunch of depressed fun hating weirdos who enjoy killing children repeatedly in a team shooter until they cry

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

This thread should be moved to pyf that way people can post about and discuss their favorites without me having to see it on the first page of games with 40 new posts by a bunch of depressed fun hating weirdos who enjoy killing children repeatedly in a team shooter until they cry

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

moooom, these people are creating an uncomfortable gaming environment for meeee

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

*begins to convulse, spittle flying wildly into the air* g-gay.... thread GAY!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

thatguy posted:

So this guy just streamed for the first time and I don't know how but he found some little Irish kid with broken legs in DayZ. The kid couldn't kill himself because he had no weapons (because Daniel ran ahead and took them all) and he couldn't climb anything to jump off because his legs were broken. All the kid could do was roll around on the ground hoping that something would kill him so he could go play with his friends. Daniel protected him from anything dangerous as the little kid begged for a sweet release. At one point the kid sounded like he was crying because Daniel refused to kill him. Needless to say, it was amazing.

He said that he couldn't record for Youtube while streaming because his computer was really bad but hopefully the Twitch VOD will save.

This sort of thing is always so magical to me. "Why is he so mad?" "I helped prevent his suicide and protected him from zombies, bears, and murderers who want to play wears steve's face on my face" :allears:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

THE PENETRATOR posted:

If you hate it so much then why do you keep reading this thread and keep posting in it?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bugsy posted:

If you hate it so much then why do you keep reading this thread and keep posting in it?

because this is a message board and people can read whatever the gently caress they want, you weirdo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Bugsy posted:

if youre so gay why dont you get married to another man... makes u think

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:chanpop:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

:boom:

Daman
Oct 28, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

some people aren't as ready to commit as u

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I dislike locking myself in on who i may or may not gently caress in the rear end

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012

Lblitzer posted:

Some shmucks posted their stream link to us in-game as we were playing them so we wrecked them and they raged. Trigger warning: Titanfall

Thanks for kicking off page 481 with another classic wreckage. You sure W-R'd (wreck-raged) those streamers by playing a game as intended, had me in stitches the whole twenty minutes and thirty-seven seconds.

bathroomrage posted:

OP please close the thread, open a new one and maybe the mods will probate all the people who won't stop forcing their stupid shitbaby opinions about what griefing is or other posters or whatever loving garbage they keep making GBS threads up the thread with on us.

Thanks for sharing your meta-opinion on other's opinions about what griefing is, imo. You came to the right place to do it, imo.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

hampton posted:

Thanks for kicking off page 481 with another classic wreckage. You sure W-R'd (wreck-raged) those streamers by playing a game as intended, had me in stitches the whole twenty minutes and thirty-seven seconds.

Thanks for sharing your meta-opinion on other's opinions about what griefing is, imo. You came to the right place to do it, imo.

:siren: OH gently caress I JUST GOT SMOKED :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yWtSErmo2s

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012

bathroomrage posted:

:siren: OH gently caress I JUST GOT SMOKED :siren:

Guys here's the content, heh, check out the goods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnmUuhaEeFo

Can we just return to linking unfunny videos (content) instead of discussing the subject of griefing??

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
I guess you can say that the grief is..... Coming from within the thread. :c00lbert:

Taxman84
Feb 11, 2015
I think this is the best griefing video I've seen in a while. It's too bad it isn't a bit longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf989rKVLlw

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Context- what the heck is dunking because nothing is immediately obviously trolling in the video itself.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I imagine he's playing the song from the video while aimbotting and being a boring person.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
That video is a mess of poorly edited clips that were stripped so thoroughly of context that it's hard to determine who is griefing or what they're doing to grief, like a joke that's just a punchline. It's kicked off with some unfunny basketball clip, ends with another out of place comedy attempt about "white knights" and "girl gamers," (topics apparently related to this stream-of-consciousness styled "grief" in some way), and of course has some classic day of defeat cheating sprinkled in for prosperity. "I cheated in a game and some people told me to gently caress off, haha, funny." Cue the griefing connoisseurs to post more of their unfunny videos because it just doesn't matter whether a grief is actually entertaining or funny.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 11, 2015

Taxman84
Feb 11, 2015
I really enjoyed the video a lot. I don't really like watching long griefing videos, I like seeing the rage and reactions more than anything. I guess to each their own.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Yes, for God's sake stop discussing griefing in a thread literally titled "the griefing discussion thread".

Also Hampton you are the worst poster i have seen in a long time, possibly ever, so congrats on that one.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012

Taxman84 posted:

I really enjoyed the video a lot. I don't really like watching long griefing videos, I like seeing the rage and reactions more than anything. I guess to each their own.
Here are some funny pictures of people who happen to be reacting to a situation with anger. There's minimal context but it doesn't matter because seeing the reaction is all that's important, who cares what they're reacting to or why, right? Are you laughing out loud yet?

People get upset every day, there's nothing inherently funny about it. Many of the videos that are linked in this thread, like the one you shared, are "LOLUMAD!" in video form, the griefing that occurs in them is devoid of humor or any other redeemable entertainment value and they're boring to watch. Sometimes they're outright cringeworthy, like this one, which must be a greatest of all time contender for the title of uninspired trash reaction baiting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWQImkjQLhM

"gently caress your mom, friend of the family." Hilarity has reached new heights. Then there are videos like the one you linked, in which there's at least enough self-awareness on behalf of the griefer to spare the audience the embarrassment of hearing his lame goading, leaving behind a confusing mess of non sequitur reactions to nothing. Here, Taxman84, griefing discussion thread, have a grief that isn't awful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYlCBu4ms6E

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Haha that video you posted is in the same vein as everything else you consider garbage. Do you get upset at people for posting unfunny stuff on Facebook too? I bet you do.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

This one is actually p funny

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Also Hampton you are the worst poster i have seen in a long time, possibly ever, so congrats on that one.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012

Lblitzer posted:

Haha that video you posted is in the same vein as everything else you consider garbage. Do you get upset at people for posting unfunny stuff on Facebook too? I bet you do.

Thank you returning to the discussion of griefing instead of posting more of your clan's Titanfall montage.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hampton posted:

People get upset every day, there's nothing inherently funny about it. Many of the videos that are linked in this thread, like the one you shared, are "LOLUMAD!" in video form, the griefing that occurs in them is devoid of humor or any other redeemable entertainment value and they're boring to watch.

actually ,the opposite is true.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Alright, then.

A few years back, WoW had released what many players generally consider it's worst expansion: Cataclysm. While it made some direly-needed changes to leveling in the game's oldest content, it came at the cost of having not much of anything to do once you'd reached the level cap. It's an expansion where it became kind of obvious that a lot of corners were cut for time, and it couldn't be more evident than in the final raid of the expansion, Dragon Soul.

There's two key things about my story: first, if you were in a max-level guild at the time, you got a spell that would let you summon everyone else in your group to your location; second, Dragon Soul was made up almost entirely of locations from earlier expansions, including another raid that was just one small room.

Dragon Soul was significant mainly for introducing Looking For Raid, a system that let players get automatically paired up with others to run the raid at an easy difficulty (pretty much half the battle was getting enough people to stop going braindead long enough so that you'd have enough people alive to kill the bosses). After you'd killed a few of the bosses, you had to meet up with a bunch of important story characters and wait a couple of minutes for them to do some exposition before they'd open up the area of the next boss.

During a couple of LFRs, I'd say I'd found a way to skip through the exposition and get right to the boss-killing, and just needed a minute to set up, and then I'd teleport out of the raid without dropping group.

...Which brought me right in front of the entrance to the one-room raid that they'd recycled. Minus the boss of the old version flying around, it was practically impossible to tell the difference between the two; even the orb you used to start the trash in the recycled version looked exactly the same as the one used to start the boss encounter in the original.

I'd then use my summon to self spell while announcing that I'd managed to get in, usually a little bit before the story stuff was over. I'd get a solid chunk of the group to accept it, and as they zoned in and wondered what the hell was going on, I (or someone else who didn't know better) would activate the orb, which started the old version's boss fight, which was pretty much guaranteed to end in a wipe.

I ended up pulling it off successfully a few times until the WoW devs introduced a change that made it impossible to summon others in your group if you'd found them via one of the group finder tools.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Lblitzer posted:

Some shmucks posted their stream link to us in-game as we were playing them so we wrecked them and they raged. Trigger warning: Titanfall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRrMkrrgl3A

Yeah if you're going to stream, don't be surprised if people use it against you.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Man, all I did was macro /train to my fishing skill and then stand next to people.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Iconhell was one of the better goon WoW griefs.

Basically WoW lets you mark individual units, friend or foe, with big icons that look like this:

Some of them have widely accepted uses (kill the skull first, then the X, use crowd control on the moon), but there's nothing in-game to force that.

Anyway, originally only the leader of a group could set those marks, but at some point a patch came out that included, among other things, allowing anybody in a group to set marks. Almost immediately, LemonKing released a mod called Iconhell to the forums. Iconhell had a bunch of options, but the main use was targeting a member of your group and telling Iconhell to set a mark on it and change that mark around 10 times a second. Alternatively, you could have it do that for everybody in your group, or you could use the Witch Hunt mode to do it to everybody in the group except the person you wanted everybody to blame- and the blame would come, because IconHell drove a lot of people completely batshit insane for no readily apparent reason, made worse by the fact that IconHell was only released at the time to the WoW forum here at SomethingAwful, so most people had no idea it even existed.

Eventually Blizzard released a patch that limited how fast marks could be set, and announced to your group who had set the mark, and IconHell stopped working and became pointless. But for awhile it was an easy way to drive a certain sort of person up the loving wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I kept using it till I quit WoW (during cataclysm). Surprisingly few people would check the chat box and I got a bunch of people vote kicked using witchhunt even though it said right there that I was doing it the whole time.

• Locked thread