Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

I'm having a decent time farting around in this, but I loving hate when games separate the playable classes behind stuff like what they do here. Want to be Bucket? Have fun unlocking him! want to be the final assault class? Enjoy getting there!

The game is fun so I don't mind, it's just annoying not being able to play the class you want at start.

Play evac with solo, stomping on bots makes it really easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, just let it go...

I'm thinking I'm gonna buy his game cause I'm tired of only playing Last of Us with my friends. Really every video game is for big dumb babies so screw it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you want a laugh, try playing as Lazarus in an AI single player Hunt, I think it might be impossible for bots to win without constant healbeams or grenades. idk what it is but the CPU monster is loving strong as hell and I haven't won a single match as Laz against the AI with bots. not sure if its just bad luck tracking or bad decisions by bots

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

gonger posted:

I dunno, seems like the proof is in the pudding to me? For the first 8 hours or 10 pages of this thread's existence, it was dominated by "hurf durf aids n fags lol" threadshitters and now that they've partially chilled out with that poo poo, there's a lot more people actually coming out to talk about gameplay which is kinda the whole point of a thread about a specific game on an internet subforum about games.

tl;dr people acting like dicks for their own amusement makes others less willing to participate in a conversation

It was dominated by people who didn't like the game and the people who did like the game unable to accept people didn't like the game and had to respond to every response. Even kewpuh posted this on the second page.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

gonger posted:

I dunno, seems like the proof is in the pudding to me? For the first 8 hours or 10 pages of this thread's existence, it was dominated by "hurf durf aids n fags lol" threadshitters and now that they've partially chilled out with that poo poo, there's a lot more people actually coming out to talk about gameplay which is kinda the whole point of a thread about a specific game on an internet subforum about games.

tl;dr people acting like dicks for their own amusement makes others less willing to participate in a conversation

This is a comedy forum.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

It was dominated by people who didn't like the game and the people who did like the game unable to accept people didn't like the game and had to respond to every response. Even kewpuh posted this on the second page.

:drat:

droppin truth bombs this morning

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gonger posted:

:pusheen:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If you don't like the game then just stop posting, GOD. In order to be totally cool and improve the thread I vow to not stop posting until you do!

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Popete posted:

gently caress, just let it go...

I'm thinking I'm gonna buy his game cause I'm tired of only playing Last of Us with my friends. Really every video game is for big dumb babies so screw it.

Play dying light with your friends, its like a mix of dead island and last of us

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Popete posted:

Really every video game is for big dumb babies so screw it.

:whitewater:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Pounceattacked Lazarus right out of the gate (2 mins in), his friends arrived just in time to knock me off so I could charge him to incap and secure the kill, they immediately vote to restart the round :rolleyes:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

gonger posted:

lmao

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Evilreaver posted:

they immediately vote to restart the round :rolleyes:

Wait wait wait, this is a thing? Like, if things aren't going the hunters' way they can take a mulligan and will win the vote since it's 4 vs 1?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Evilreaver posted:

Pounceattacked Lazarus right out of the gate (2 mins in), his friends arrived just in time to knock me off so I could charge him to incap and secure the kill, they immediately vote to restart the round :rolleyes:

Round restarts votes are a thing? That's dumb.

The monster player only gets one vote for what map to do in Evacuation and that also seems dumb to me. Every vote goes 4v1 if there is a disagreement.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

univbee posted:

Wait wait wait, this is a thing? Like, if things aren't going the hunters' way they can take a mulligan and will win the vote since it's 4 vs 1?

Haha, poo poo I hope that's true.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Popete posted:

Really every video game is for big dumb babies so screw it.

the mature Games forums for mature posters that care a lot about being mature and doing mature person things like outgrowing games

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

univbee posted:

now thats asymmetric gameplay!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

YOSPOS bicth

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

Haha, poo poo I hope that's true.

I can't find any keybinding for calling some kind of vote anywhere.

The game will restart if it decides the match ended due to technical issues. If the monster gets frozen/disconnected and the hunters kill it while it's running in place then it ends the round, everyone gets xp like normal but it rolls back to the same part of the campaign (you get to keep the xp though). Maybe some amount of hunters disconnecting does the same thing?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

qnqnx posted:

the mature Games forums for mature posters that care a lot about being mature and doing mature person things like outgrowing games

Oh now I've gone too far for saying that video games in general shouldn't be a thing people that people lose their minds over for 60+ pages of text.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I can't find any keybinding for calling some kind of vote anywhere.

The game will restart if it decides the match ended due to technical issues. If the monster gets frozen/disconnected and the hunters kill it while it's running in place then it ends the round, everyone gets xp like normal but it rolls back to the same part of the campaign (you get to keep the xp though). Maybe some amount of hunters disconnecting does the same thing?

Well, that would explain why it took them so long to respond :sigh:

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Shadowlz posted:

This is a comedy forum.

Is the comedy somewhere in this thread? I'm not playing the trapper right now so I haven't been able to find it.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
ugh please just let it go already

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Popete posted:

Oh now I've gone too far for saying that video games in general shouldn't be a thing people that people lose their minds over for 60+ pages of text.

People can enjoy video games as an adult without losing their minds when someone says a crappy game sucks or makes a single emote reply.

Be proud to enjoy video games.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dyz posted:

Play dying light with your friends, its like a mix of dead island and last of us

Idk Dying Light just doesn't seem all that interesting, I'm really burnt out on zombies. Does this game play much like L4D but with the tank? I could be down for something like that again.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Eye of Widesauron posted:

People can enjoy video games as an adult without losing their minds when someone says a crappy game sucks or makes a single emote reply.

Be proud to enjoy video games.

Agreed, I think video games are cool and people should be into them.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

MinibarMatchman posted:

if you want a laugh, try playing as Lazarus in an AI single player Hunt, I think it might be impossible for bots to win without constant healbeams or grenades. idk what it is but the CPU monster is loving strong as hell and I haven't won a single match as Laz against the AI with bots. not sure if its just bad luck tracking or bad decisions by bots

The bots are terrible at getting out of the way of things that'll murder them. A Hank bot will be more on point with the shield than people, but he'll take a Goliath elbow-drop straight to the face.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Popete posted:

Idk Dying Light just doesn't seem all that interesting, I'm really burnt out on zombies. Does this game play much like L4D but with the tank? I could be down for something like that again.

imo Dying Light is probably the best zombie game ever. Great graphics, good parkour controls and movement, combat is solid and varied to a degree, and co-op is awesome. If you liked Dead Island you will like DL better. Only bad thing is story so if you mainly buy games for their story you may as well go with Evolve because not having one is better than a dumb story.

I'm still super on the fence about this game because of the lack of variety according to some people.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Popete posted:

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Popete posted:

Basically, seems like turtle rock took the best part of vrs l4d and distilled it. All of the monsters play like some variation of the tank, and the players have active skills to manage as opposed to resources.

Edit: drat autocorrect. Phonepostin'

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 12, 2015

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Demiurge4 posted:

Any damage at all will interrupt a pounce, just hit it with your sniper, not your tranq gun.

I plonked it a bunch of times with the sniper rifle and nothing happened. I was under the impression that the sniper rifle didn't do any damage at all, and only set up the weak points.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Back on the game:

Attn: Hunters who pick Val and Abe for Tranq + Stasis spam.

:fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff:

Seriously, moving at like 25% speed for long stretches is killing my erection.

Stop it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Popete posted:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I joined an evacuation series 3 games in. Hunters had won the first two, I managed to win the next 2 as the monster only to get D/C'd going in to the final mission. So annoying. There needs to be a reconnect option like Dota has.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Popete posted:

Kind of, except you spend the first 5 minutes running/eating or searching for the monster. Personally i hate playing the monster, but inly because the movement sucks compared to natural selection.

Playing with pubbies sucks as a hunter but rules as the monster. Pubs arent as bad as l4d2 pubs, but there are some real retards. If you want to have fun i suggest playing hunters with at least one other person who has a brain and can communicate. If you want to play alone play the monster.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i got a lot of entertainment from reading this thread

probably more so than i would actually get playing the game

it's a shame because it looked promising but then they decided that aggressively shoving paid DLC down the player's throats would be an ok idea

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Donnerberg posted:

The bots are terrible at getting out of the way of things that'll murder them. A Hank bot will be more on point with the shield than people, but he'll take a Goliath elbow-drop straight to the face.

yeah that explains it, ah well I hoping the AI for hunter bots would be better when I'm tired of online stomps. maybe I'll try being monstah versus them next

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Dyz posted:

Kind of, except you spend the first 5 minutes running/eating or searching for the monster. Personally i hate playing the monster, but inly because the movement sucks compared to natural selection.

Playing with pubbies sucks as a hunter but rules as the monster. Pubs arent as bad as l4d2 pubs, but there are some real retards. If you want to have fun i suggest playing hunters with at least one other person who has a brain and can communicate. If you want to play alone play the monster.

What's better about movement in NS2?

I personally really like leaping and climbing as the Hulk/Goliath in third person.

Is NS2 movement like AVP Alien movement?

Doctor Whose
Sep 6, 2013
The game is pretty fun.

The matchmaking seems to suck poo poo though. The last hour and a half I haven't gotten to be my preferred choice and every game it's put me in was an in progress game. Wish there was an option to tell it to only put you in starting lobbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots

Doctor Whose posted:

The game is pretty fun.

The matchmaking seems to suck poo poo though. The last hour and a half I haven't gotten to be my preferred choice and every game it's put me in was an in progress game. Wish there was an option to tell it to only put you in starting lobbies.

Yeah, I've had some weird experiences with MM too. It dropped me in mid-game in my least preferred roll, with a character that I haven't unlocked yet. All damage/progress I made didn't count towards that character's progression either as I didn't have the character unlocked yet.

I wonder what happens in the future when there's DLC characters in that situation. Can someone that doesn't own it get placed into that game and forced to play that character anyway?

• Locked thread