Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Cena up until he came into his own you could say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Memento posted:

There was a Shawn/HHH Last Man Standing match that went to a draw at the Rumble in 2004. They'd never do that today, because I remember it being an utter bloodbath, but Reigns having some real knock-down drag-out wars would certainly go a long way towards establishing his credibility.

I'll have to watch this, I have a gap in my wwe watching from 2002-2011

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Zyla posted:

I'll have to watch this, I have a gap in my wwe watching from 2002-2011

Don't watch this match. It's a bad match. It's like 45 minutes long and the last 20 minutes is just Shawn and HHH lying there bleeding on each other.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

so is there a reason why WOL hasn't put anything on their iTunes feed for like 3 weeks?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bryan is on vacation which means everything usual is thrown out until he's back

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The Goog posted:

Don't watch this match. It's a bad match. It's like 45 minutes long and the last 20 minutes is just Shawn and HHH lying there bleeding on each other.

in fact avoid any 2004 triple h/michaels match that don't also include benoit

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Daniel Bryan posted:

But I need my fill of lovely Saturday WOL shows where everyone who calls in just plugs their lovely indy shows!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

he saw a bitchin' whale tho!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Zyla posted:

he saw a bitchin' whale tho!

Update: he ate a steak

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

in fact avoid any 2004 triple h/michaels match that don't also include benoit

actually watch their 47 minute hell in a cell match at bad blood 04 and know true misery

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

actually watch their 47 minute hell in a cell match at bad blood 04 and know true misery

oh my god why

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zyla posted:

oh my god why

the unstoppable ego meets the immovable ego

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Zyla posted:

oh my god why

I've seen it and I wanna drag everyone down with me

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I've seen it and I wanna drag everyone down with me

I'm :smithicide:ing just thinking about it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jericho's podcast with Shawn Michaels is really fun to listen to, Shawn's talking about goats on the gas :allears:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

daniel no

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Goog posted:

This pretty much describes the entire feud. Has their ever been another feud as pointless and blatantly self-indulgent as the HHH/HBK feud from this period?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Somehow this match always makes iot near the top of their "best Hell in a Cell" lists (gee I wonder why) and every time I get a reflexive twitch.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Switched off recent WOR after two minutes. Two wet blankets and Dave... Murder. Added to the fact that one of the blankets keeps pressing the loving buttons on his loving phone. Come back soon Bryan.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i like mike and i really enjoy the sin limite's which are basically just him and dave having a conversation but he's not a very good host or recapper

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I really like those shows too but his voice, when introducing a show... Nah.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Jerusalem posted:

Jericho's podcast with Shawn Michaels is really fun to listen to, Shawn's talking about goats on the gas :allears:

Wait what

Tonfa posted:

daniel no

what

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dave has a great rant about Darren Young and WWE hypocrisy today if you stick it out. Also Colt calls out indie guys making their own Bullet Club knockoff shirts on AOW.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

Dave has a great rant about Darren Young and WWE hypocrisy today if you stick it out.

Yeah that was good.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but it turns out there are only so many hours I acn listen to podcasts in a week, and with Mike hosting these shows it's officially too many now.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I feel like Reigns should've had more matches with Orton, and made that a real feud. For all his faults, Orton knows how to pace a match and how to makes someone like Reigns look great. That match is the only time I've really been convinced by Reigns putting in a long stretch, but that's because of the work that Orton does. There's no way that Lesnar could get that out of him.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

I feel like Reigns should've had more matches with Orton, and made that a real feud. For all his faults, Orton knows how to pace a match and how to makes someone like Reigns look great. That match is the only time I've really been convinced by Reigns putting in a long stretch, but that's because of the work that Orton does. There's no way that Lesnar could get that out of him.

any series of singles matches with almost anybody who wasn't big show would have helped a lot but wwe pissed that time away

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

njsykora posted:

Also Colt calls out indie guys making their own Bullet Club knockoff shirts on AOW.

Haha god drat that's carnie as gently caress

I mean if you're IN the Bullet Club, by all means make your own knockoffs. But otherwise, yeesh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DrVenkman posted:

Reigns/Lesnar even as a singles would be laid out meticulously. Obviously, it's better if Bryan's in there, because he can lead and call a match probably better than either of the other two.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

njsykora posted:

Dave has a great rant about Darren Young and WWE hypocrisy today if you stick it out. Also Colt calls out indie guys making their own Bullet Club knockoff shirts on AOW.

Then how about you stop selling them on PW tees, Colt

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark
Dave's a good dude. His rant was spot on.
Also, man Bryan needs to come back ASAP. I like Mike, but at some points the things he brings up are so obvious it's like I'd rather just hear Dave talk. You don't need to interject with "Yes, I agree with your point, because _________"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Mike being in Bryan's spot is kind of like how in WWE, Roman getting the big push makes you appreciate Cena

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume the Young rant was similar to the bit about it in the Observer, where he talks about it being hypocritical to laud Ernie Ladd for fighting against racism in New Orleans/football, and then squashing a guy speaking out about homophobia and sexism?

And the piece about Charlotte/the women's division is one of those things where Dave's absolutely right, but it's so big a risk (or is perceived as one, I don't know that going all in and having the women headline a B-show risks all that much financially, with the Network) that WWE will never do it, even if you could convince Vince and Dunn.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What exactly was said for those who don't have access to the podcast?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Mike being in Bryan's spot is kind of like how in WWE, Roman getting the big push makes you appreciate Cena

Before I subscribed, if you told me I'd be salty about Bryan 'Castrato Cat Enthusiast' Alvarez taking a vacation, I'd have called you a crazy liar, but here we are.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Spikeguy posted:

What exactly was said for those who don't have access to the podcast?

Here's his take from the WON.

quote:

Remember this the next time you hear Cena or Vince talk about WWE and Freedom of Expression. Darren Young on Twitter wrote, about WWE headed to the United Arab Emirates this week: “Why do we bring the best entertainment into a country like Abu Dhabi and they look down upon women and gays? I get it. Millions of dollars” “My freedom of speech is gone. Gone but not forgotten.” “I feel like no one has my back and it upsets me. The struggle is real. I’m human.”

Then he had to take down the tweets. If someone makes offensive remarks against a group with prejudicial remarks, I get taking them down. If someone who is gay stands up against people who oppress gays, even if my company is doing business with those people, I respect the fact he’s got the balls to stand up against the company and the country, even if it’s my company. And I’d talk to him personally and say one of two things, either, you know what, you’re right and we’re wrong and thanks for bringing it up, or, you know what, you’re right and we’re wrong, but sometimes in running in a major business you make deals with people who offend you but thanks for speaking up anyway. And that, in a nutshell, is why everyone walks around on eggshells and Raw is the way it is.

WWE told PWInsider.com, “WWE does not discriminate against individuals regardless of age, race or sexual orientation, and we continue to proudly support Fred Rosser (aka WWE superstar Darren Young) for being open about his sexuality. Unfortunately, WWE cannot change cultures and laws around the world, and thus we did not send Fred Rosser to the United Arab Emirates for our upcoming events for his own protection. WWE also fully supports Fred Rosser’s right to express his views on personal social media accounts, rather than WWE’s corporate platforms.”

I hope Vince sits down and has a moment of reflection and figures out the video they just aired on Ernie Ladd praising him for his part in getting the AFL All-Star game out of new Orleans and the owners acquiescing because so many players took a stand is a direct contradiction of ordering Rosser to remove his negative comments about the practices in that part of the world. I doubt anyone thinks of it in that way, but perhaps if they do, they’ll have a better outside understanding of the move they made.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
And that's why I love Dave Meltzer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I really wonder if Mike and Dave could hear Rob *BEEP* McCar*BEEP*ron's phone during that call.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I can't stop laughing at the Mike and Dave shows because all of Mike's transitions are him going "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHH" and then going into his next point.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I can't stop laughing at the Mike and Dave shows because all of Mike's transitions are him going "DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHH" and then going into his next point.

I'm amazed that it's been this many shows and he ends every one with "Welp, I'm not sure what will happen going forward... Bryan will be back... someday... maybe he'll do a show with Vinnie?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So according to Shawn Michaels (who is also appearing on Austin's podcast next week), the original plan for that brief bit of Bryan/HBK tension last year was for HBK to superkick him the once and then.... that was it. That was literally the entire story as far as WWE was concerned, and Shawn basically told them,"Look I'll come back for another show so he can at least get back at me for this," which is when they did the bit with Bryan putting him into the Yes Lock.

Even then he was pissed off at the story because it was never going to go anywhere, and the best that could be salvaged of it was Bryan not being made to look like a chump before it just fizzled out into nothing.

It was quite neat to hear him consistently put over THE Brian Kendrick as well. :shobon:

• Locked thread