Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
2nd case that I have ever opened, I get an M4A4 Dragon King (Field-Tested). It's nothing fancy but it's mine and that's all that matters.

(Too bad I prefer the M4A1-S).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

astr0man posted:

I've been using the same one for almost 2 years with no issues

I've never heard of a Razer product lasting more than 3 years. I've had my mouse since like 1998 and it was 20 bux. Mice aren't going to make you better, so what are you paying the extra money for if not durability?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Picer posted:

I am the knife god, and you should all envyus.

(That's my 4th knife)

Edit: It's well worn, but stat so im happy.

How much have you spent on opening them?

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Necc0 posted:

How much have you spent on opening them?

In total? About the worth of one knife i guess.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Norton posted:

I've had my mouse since like 1998 and it was 20 bux. Mice aren't going to make you better, so what are you paying the extra money for if not durability?

Yeeeeaaaah but you're wrong.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

astr0man posted:

how to tell if your mouse is good:

is it a deathadder? if yes it is good, if no it is bad

I am snagging one of these today because I've been having some issues with my wrist as of late so I wanted to try out a palm grip.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

There's a statistically significant correlation between your performance and the number of customizable LEDs on your gear

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Picer posted:

In total? About the worth of one knife i guess.

I'm just worried that these posts are going to push some goons with poor impulse control over the edge into buying another $100 in keys. All you see in the thread is people unboxing knives but you don't get to see the hundreds of worthless skins that were unboxed to get there. Grats on being really lucky you should probably quit while you're ahead

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Necc0 posted:

I'm just worried that these posts are going to push some goons with poor impulse control over the edge into buying another $100 in keys. All you see in the thread is people unboxing knives but you don't get to see the hundreds of worthless skins that were unboxed to get there. Grats on being really lucky you should probably quit while you're ahead
They can be like me and throw away money on keys and awful bets on the lounge at the same time

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Are these operation things ever worth buying (i mean the operation vanguard access pass and whatever ones there were in the past/will be after vanguard)? Are you likely to make your money back off the drops from them or the cases?

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
if you play enough to take advantage of the extra drops i think they easily pay for themselves

vanguard was probably the worst as far as making your money back goes, but it really only takes one lucky mission drop and you get something like 60 extra drops

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

megalodong posted:

Are these operation things ever worth buying (i mean the operation vanguard access pass and whatever ones there were in the past/will be after vanguard)? Are you likely to make your money back off the drops from them or the cases?
Probably not. Vanguard itself has additional passes on top of Vanguard itself, so if you just stick with Vanguard you'll be much more limited in the frequency and number of missions you can take, which will cut your drop count.

And I'm pretty sure without looking that the case value is next to nothing.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

down with slavery posted:

vanguard was probably the worst as far as making your money back goes, but it really only takes one lucky mission drop and you get something like 60 extra drops

I was given a factory new AK Predator drop which paid for the entire tour (plus maghrab bonus mission) in one fell swoop so will confirm this.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I paid for it the first night with crates then later got a Cerberus from a mission.

Also it brought the carbon fiber bizon bets and I made like 50 bucks off that.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I had to close out the tournament sign-ups at 14 teams (70 people). I doubt we'll actually get this many people playing, but I also know that god forbid they all do show up any more would be just insane to manage.

e: I need ranks for deetee.nirv, Luna, the russian, Chic Trombone, and meow. I'm using this information to see the spread of skill and if pre-arranged or captains is the way to go. I have nixed the idea of randomly putting teams together.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I honestly don't have a reliable mm rank. I have <60 wins on my main and haven't played more than 5 games in the last 4 months. I just got placed in mg1 after winning against people throwing after losing a long string of games if it helps though.

henne fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 12, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chic is unranked and she should be in the lower tier.

e: also, i checked, I'm DMG as of yesterday.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 12, 2015

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

henne posted:

I honestly don't have a reliable mm rank. I have <60 wins on my main and haven't played more than 5 games in the last 4 months. I just got placed in mg1 after losing a long string of games if it helps though.

I'm gonna call you an MGE just out of experience of playing with you.

Side note: Who had Hellraisers on this one?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kwilty posted:

I need ranks for deetee.nirv, Luna, the russian, Chic Trombone, and meow. I'm using this information to see the spread of skill and if pre-arranged or captains is the way to go. I have nixed the idea of randomly putting teams together.

I don't know if Chic Trombone is paying attention to the thread right now, but she hasn't won 10 mm games afaik. Just assume Silver 1 (and yeah, I know Silver 1 isn't the default rank and that it's based on skill).

True and Real posted:

Chic is unranked and she should be in the lower tier.

e:f,b

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

henne posted:

I honestly don't have a reliable mm rank. I have <60 wins on my main and haven't played more than 5 games in the last 4 months. I just got placed in mg1 after winning against people throwing after losing a long string of games if it helps though.

I'd say you're a double-AK to badge.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

kcer posted:

the green line is a pretty good approximation of my cs skill over the past 10 years

e: in before don't you mean the orange one

The orange is me I can't live like this

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

Kwilty posted:

I had to close out the tournament sign-ups at 14 teams (70 people). I doubt we'll actually get this many people playing, but I also know that god forbid they all do show up any more would be just insane to manage.

e: I need ranks for deetee.nirv, Luna, the russian, Chic Trombone, and meow. I'm using this information to see the spread of skill and if pre-arranged or captains is the way to go. I have nixed the idea of randomly putting teams together.

I'm badge

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

astr0man posted:

how to tell if your mouse is good:

is it a deathadder? if yes it is good, if no it is bad

Can we ban this loving shill and McAdder too

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Can we ban this loving shill and McAdder too

sorry your mouse is bad

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

I mean if you really do your nerd cs almanac poo poo then you're not restricted to having visual references, go forth and find the sickest nade spots and report back the position numbers

Someone did this a while back and put em on pastebin. I think grips posted them back in 2012 or something lol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

astr0man posted:

sorry your mouse is bad

The g502 is pretty good for CS.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

astr0man posted:

sorry your mouse is bad

*self flagellates with whip made from all my poo poo mice*

The g502 is good but ugly yea. And maybe too heavy for carpal tunnel weakened wrists

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

This isn't going to go down good with Big Deathadder but I've been using a Rival and I quite like it.

If it died I would probably be willing to check out a Deathadder.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Only the absolute finest of mice will touch these hands, everything else bursts into flames. Thats why I strictly use RAZER DEATHADDERs.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Antares posted:

This isn't going to go down good with Big Deathadder but I've been using a Rival and I quite like it.

If it died I would probably be willing to check out a Deathadder.
Overclock dot net mouse sub forum has many posts if you or anyone is looking for advice and information.

Kwilty posted:

poo poo I forgot this was happening do you think kcer would form a team with me in the state I'm in...

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

mcvey posted:

Only the absolute finest of mice will touch these hands, everything else bursts into flames. Thats why I strictly use RAZER DEATHADDERs.

I'm going to mail you and Astro some zowies how's that

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

astr0man posted:

sorry your mouse is bad

Still waiting for my gunnars.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

I'm going to mail you and Astro some zowies how's that

Return To Sender.

Reason: Sent me feces in a box.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Jesus Christ

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I have a Corsair M65 and it's p nice

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Accepting Teams, small groups, and solo players for the tournament. Head over to the thread for further details.

P.S. hope its okay I update over here, if not I'll keep it to just the other post

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

metallicaeg posted:

I have a Corsair M65 and it's p nice

My M90 is starting to give up the ghost. I think I'll pick up a M65 next. 15 buttons is way too many, but I like the feel of the mouse, so an M65 seems more appropriate.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I'm just sitting here with my G500 and wishing it didn't have a braided cord.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

The Jumpoff posted:

I'm just sitting here with my G500 and wishing it didn't have a braided cord.

Braided cords are a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

bpower posted:

Braided cords are a pain in the rear end.

They are but I love the mouse itself too much. Fits my hand perfectly.

• Locked thread