Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Minrad posted:

Please sir, no falling in the crocodile pit!

Ah thailand, never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

`Nemesis posted:

I would put zero faith in that section actually being detachable. The seems are just simply because bending small sections was a lot easier than bending the whole rail.

Oh and B, it's loving China, lol if you think anything is done properly there

You see trying to use that in a fire you actually get to chances of it gently caress up on you. One, the section not being detachable, and two, having to trust some one actually -properly- installed a fire hydrant inside the hydrant case, and didn't just assume no one would check as apparently there would shortly be some loving rail put in front of it so seriously why bother.

The odds really are not good.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
will someone just set that building on fire so we can resolve this once and for all

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

That doesn't look good...

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

VectorSigma posted:

That doesn't look good...

Jesus, what is that?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

blunt for century posted:

Jesus, what is that?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/spain-toxic-orange-cloud-catalonia-after-explosion-igualada-chemical-plant-photos-1487738

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

More photos http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l#ixzz3RYyIu4JV

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hmm, yes, these paper dust masks will surely protect us from airborne chemicals.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
These seems as if it should be in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

Hmm, yes, these paper dust masks will surely protect us from airborne chemicals.

If there's enough to harm their lungs, there's enough to burn their skin, so they'd figure it out soon.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

:nms:/:nws: This is why you maintain proper clearance around running jet engines.:nms:/:nws:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

At least he was wearing his safety sandals.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

That site does some magic making these clicks redirect to a dead page. If you really want to see them (you don't!), copy the raw URLs to your address bar.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know what happened there but it reminds me of a classroom experiment we did. Just make a little foam bath with some dishwashing soap, lead methane into it to get methane bubbles, grab a few handfuls of bubbles, stretch out your arms and ask someone to hold a match near the bubbles.

It's actually quite safe if you know what you're doing. If you wet your arms first, it's unlikely that your arm hair catches fire, and it's so little methane that you just get a quick whoosh, your hands don't even warm up.

The largest danger is the reflex you need to fight, of bringing your hands to your body when they seem to be on fire. That would be a bad idea in this case.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Sham I Am posted:

These seems as if it should be in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

NO NO NO, RABBIT, YER DOIN' IT ALL WRONG, HERE
*stomp stomp crash*

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Rare photo of port-a-loo giving birth:

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

told u niggas rubber was stronger than concrete

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Carbon dioxide posted:

I don't know what happened there but it reminds me of a classroom experiment we did. Just make a little foam bath with some dishwashing soap, lead methane into it to get methane bubbles, grab a few handfuls of bubbles, stretch out your arms and ask someone to hold a match near the bubbles.

It's actually quite safe if you know what you're doing. If you wet your arms first, it's unlikely that your arm hair catches fire, and it's so little methane that you just get a quick whoosh, your hands don't even warm up.

The largest danger is the reflex you need to fight, of bringing your hands to your body when they seem to be on fire. That would be a bad idea in this case.

My professor would do this experiment. Except the finale would be in a completely different class.

He also would pump hydrogen into egg shells through a small opening, ignite them, and act as if he'd failed. If he really did fail, he'd do it again and still act as if he messed up. :unsmigghh:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

That's meant to happen ... well, apart from the plane going off the runway in the first place, ofc.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

friday night motherfuckers!!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Chinese schoolboys (4 and 5 yo) thought they'd take a shortcut through a 15 cm (6 inch) wide path/space between houses.

Fire brigade had to free them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

dpbjinc posted:

My professor would do this experiment. Except the finale would be in a completely different class.

In my high school physics class, the teacher blew free-floating bubbles off one of the table's gas ports and I got to pop them with a candle on a stick.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

I'm sure i've seen a picture where the roof+back window are gone, too

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i'd personally choose to use that helmet instead of leaving on the floor in that situation

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

It's like Clarkson's and May's cars in the Botswana episode

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i brake SUDDENLY for tailgaters :smug:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Or ends, either works I guess.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Angela Christine posted:

After the scare at USPS when anthrax got mailed almost 15 years ago they had some masks like that handed out to all the people handling mail at the post office my dad worked at. The union had a field day when someone pointed out that the masked has a "NOT FOR USE WITH CHEMICAL OR BIOLOGICAL AGENTS" warning on them.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mostlygray posted:

I imagine he was trying to use it as a circular saw. I'm guessing he was climb-cutting with the blade facing himself.. I was careless with a tablesaw once and it is amazing how quickly it can throw a piece of wood through a wall. It's like a bullet. There's a hole in my garage that reminds me every day to pay attention. If it had hit me I'd be dead.

In my high school wood shop class, a board went flying off the table saw and hit a dude in the nuts. He collapsed and was walking funny for a couple days after that.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
This was apparently posted a month ago, if only that model matched the one from the gore picture

http://www.reddit.com/r/OSHA/comments/2smia4/my_boss_wanted_some_brush_cut/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

=^.^=

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
how did he not even glance in the direction of the car about to pummel into him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Fallows posted:

how did he not even glance in the direction of the car about to pummel into him

It was made in a different time.

• Locked thread