Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Good shoes. They are very similar to the ones I bought earlier:

Bad shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

big dig posted:

Bought myself a basement! Well, paid someone to fix my horrid hell hole of a basement into a nice comfy basement.

Before

After

Nicely done! I just finished mine last weekend as well. Suffered a freak flood last summer, and it's finally back to 100%.

As I'm sure you know, it's an incredible feeling to nearly double the size of your home.

PCOS Bill posted:

I would like something similar to happen to mine. What did yours run you?

The first time, from a bare basement (only studs and insulation around perimeter) it cost around $12,000 although I handled some of the labor. That covered framing, electrical, HVAC, drywall, mudding, paint, floors and millwork. The second time I only needed to complete the bottom three feet, but that's still a majority of the materials. All trim, doors, flooring, and half the drywall was ruined. It cost $8,000 the second time.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Hello, Income tax and Paycheck.

For the S/O who is using 5 year old parts:

For me:

For my car:
+ wiring kit, steering wheel control kit, and mount brackets.

Debug, De-grease pre-wash, hand wash, hand dry, vaccum, clean windows, tire dressing, spray wax, shampoo floor mats, machine polish, and what you see above.

Eldritch BiLast has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Feb 13, 2015

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

big dig posted:

Bought myself a basement! Well, paid someone to fix my horrid hell hole of a basement into a nice comfy basement.

Before

After

You lost your gym. Not worth it :colbert:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Sappo569 posted:

Good movie, all he needed to nail the performance was an intense love of trains

I have a schizophrenic uncle who is obsessed with trains... oh poo poo. :ohdear:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I have a schizophrenic uncle who is obsessed with trains... oh poo poo. :ohdear:

Just don't work for him.

That was a super great surprise of a movie. Walked in knowing nuthin and not being the hugest fan of Jake Gyllenhal, but he was a++

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah for real. He was chilling in that role. I just want to watch his mannerisms over and over again.

And I cannot wait to see what kind of special features are on the disc.

Yeah, the mannerisms and quirks were crucial in developing how maniacal his character was. My favorite of those is that whenever someone introduces him, he corrects them and uses the other version of his name, i.e. "This is Lou." "Call me Louis." or "This is Louis." "Call me Lou." He always has the upper hand. He's also wearing the stolen watch throughout the whole film and you can tell he is because it doesn't fit him.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I need to get my basement sealed before I can do anything fun with it, it leaks in rain or melting snow or a dog peed outside or...

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

I need to get my basement sealed before I can do anything fun with it, it leaks in rain or melting snow or a dog peed outside or...

That can be incredibly expensive, especially if you need to tile around the perimeter to regulate water flow. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

american eagle has a nice sale going on with a coupon you can use on top of it.

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert

A "mountain of meat". Every meat Arby's has on 1 bun. $10

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

kmcormick9 posted:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kmcormick9 posted:

Don't leave us hanging here! What did it feel like coming out?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Baram posted:

american eagle has a nice sale going on with a coupon you can use on top of it.

Oh nice! They are the only place that have nice shirts that fit me. Apparently most stores don't acknowledge that people with broad shoulders exist.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Got a 15" Macbook Pro and love it so far. I needed a new laptop and really didn't want to look at Windows anymore. Plus the screen is amazing.

For an image, just imagine literally any apple laptop.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

kmcormick9 posted:

Realtalk, I've been recovering from a stomach flu. I've been on the BRAT diet for the better part of a week.

This looks amazing.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

This:

This case:

And basically this:

gently caress you money.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Next, you'll want this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anddoes.launcher&hl=en

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Spent about $40 on two plates covered with starch, a side of starch and a bit of starch-covered meat (actual dinner not pictured):

From Sokolowski's in Tremont (Cleveland), OH, a Polish/ethnic eastern European cafeteria-style restaurant. The pirogies are worth the trip on their own.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
How's the kielbasa?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Didn't have it tonight - I had chicken paprikash and my wife had beer-battered cod.

Like everything else there I'm sure it's amazing.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Spent about $40 on two plates covered with starch, a side of starch and a bit of starch-covered meat (actual dinner not pictured):

From Sokolowski's in Tremont (Cleveland), OH, a Polish/ethnic eastern European cafeteria-style restaurant. The pirogies are worth the trip on their own.

$20 a head for slop, wow.

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert

I'll let you know in a year

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Geoj posted:

GFDI :smith:

I just bought several t-shirts from Void The Brand, I can't argue with 50% off sales.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

I actually use Nova on my Samsung tablet, but I'm hoping Sony haven't changed too much.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Couldn't pass up Vans with flowers and Yoda.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Daimo posted:

This:

This case:

And basically this:

gently caress you money.

Compact or regular? Love my compact, just wish they made the Qi case for it.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Couldn't pass up Vans with flowers and Yoda.

That's cool. If I just heard "Star Wars shoes," I'd think of something a lot more garish and on-the-nose, but these just read as a floral print at a distance, and I appreciate the restraint.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Compact or regular? Love my compact, just wish they made the Qi case for it.

Compact, as I don't see the need for anything much bigger than 4.5 inches. Hell I'd rather have 3.5" phones like they used to make if I could (RIP Orange San Francisco).

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Toast Museum posted:

That's cool. If I just heard "Star Wars shoes," I'd think of something a lot more garish and on-the-nose, but these just read as a floral print at a distance, and I appreciate the restraint.

Yeah, they're definitely not "flying the nerd flag." Subtle in nerdiness if a bit loud otherwise.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Exactly the same.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Yeah, they're definitely not "flying the nerd flag." Subtle in nerdiness if a bit loud otherwise.

I have a pair of socks in the same print. I like them.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I bought a bunch of stuff within the last week.

Floor mats for my car. I wore a hole through the factory ones, and weathertech makes awesome stuff. I've given them so much money.

My first SSD hard drive. Just finished setting it up right now. It kind of owns.

Some goon-made soap. It's great stuff!

An upholstery knife thing. I'm attempting to reupholster a chair and I'm losing my mind using a screwdriver. A guy in one of the youtubes I watched used this thing and it looked like pretty easy going

Stuff for getting back into wet shaving since regular blades have gone up in price again and it's loving ridiculous

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Walked into the Nike outlet store with my boyfriend with window shopping intentions, a worker calls out that they're having a flash 15 min sale, any two items in store for 30% off! I look around the back wall where all the single shoe pairs are hanging out and I find this last pair in men's size 7, perfect for my lady feet. Love the colours :sparkles:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Daimo posted:

Compact, as I don't see the need for anything much bigger than 4.5 inches. Hell I'd rather have 3.5" phones like they used to make if I could (RIP Orange San Francisco).

Really enjoy the water proof feature. Freaked the hell out of people at the water park when I was taking underwater pictures of my kids.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

SpartanIV posted:

I bought a bunch of stuff within the last week.

Floor mats for my car. I wore a hole through the factory ones, and weathertech makes awesome stuff. I've given them so much money.

My first SSD hard drive. Just finished setting it up right now. It kind of owns.

Some goon-made soap. It's great stuff!

An upholstery knife thing. I'm attempting to reupholster a chair and I'm losing my mind using a screwdriver. A guy in one of the youtubes I watched used this thing and it looked like pretty easy going

Stuff for getting back into wet shaving since regular blades have gone up in price again and it's loving ridiculous

That hard drive and those floor mats are cream of the crop, great choices. Been thinking about getting some weathertechs.

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
Springfield Armory M1A1 for Valentine's Day for the Mr.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

This appears to be one piece, how does it work?

Is this for soaps or creams as well?

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Bare Knuckle Pickups Ceramic Black Hawk Bridge:

BG Pickups BG Bucker Dark Neck (still being made):

These fuckers better thicken up my Ibanez Prestige RG2550.

Why not a Black Hawk in the neck? I like low output neck pickups and when it comes to price, BG's can't be beat for that.

p4vl has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Feb 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

madpanda posted:

This appears to be one piece, how does it work?

Is this for soaps or creams as well?

Just soaps. You pour hot water into the spout and put the puck of soap on top. Then wait a bit or take a shower and let it warm up, then you lather up from the puck with your shave brush.