Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hearing him talk about the artistry of wrestling made me respect HBK so much more. Waking up to write down the Flair retirement match story while crying shows what a once in a lifetime talent he was. He just got everything about wrestling perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Agreed. I started wrestling right when Austin was rising and missed HBKs heyday. I really gained a lot of respect for him these past few years and understand the hype.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The only bad part is Shwn going "the internet people says there has to be a finish" and it's like dude, a ref stoppage is a finish.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LordPants posted:

The only bad part is Shwn going "the internet people says there has to be a finish" and it's like dude, a ref stoppage is a finish.

It doesn't help that wwe runs so many stupid gently caress finishes these days. They've basically conditioned people to expect a gently caress finish.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
At the end it's like "CM Punk stood up to the man, but people treat him like a hero, but 1996 HBK was unprofessional?"

Yes, but CM Punk never refused to job to a guy who had dedicated a win to his sister dying of cancer.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I'm glad he sounds like less of a piece of poo poo nowadays, but Shawn Michaels is an rear end in a top hat and will always be one in my eyes because of the Davey sister story.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

LordPants posted:

At the end it's like "CM Punk stood up to the man, but people treat him like a hero, but 1996 HBK was unprofessional?"

Yes, but CM Punk never refused to job to a guy who had dedicated a win to his sister dying of cancer.

What I come to realise with people like Michaels and Hogan as well, is that of course, why would they be aware that fans know this stuff? I doubt Michaels or Hogan hears about it everytime a story gets told about them. So they make these points not realising that the internet knows just what a piece of poo poo they were.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

I'm glad he sounds like less of a piece of poo poo nowadays, but Shawn Michaels is an rear end in a top hat and will always be one in my eyes because of the Davey sister story.

It's amazing how there is never any bottom to the Shawn being a shithead until the last 8 or 9 years. Reading the recent Observer back issue and seeing that he and HHH incited crowds to throw poo poo at them and used this as an excuse not to wrestle is astounding. If it happened once in front of a rowdy crowd sure, you don't blame the wrestler. But telling a house show crowd he's heard they have bad aim and actively trying to get them to throw poo poo pretty much screams "I don't want to bother working tonight."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I have to admit I don't think much of Shawn's supposed reformation into not-a-horrid-oval office, I think he just keeps his poo poo to himself now because he knows no one will put up with it because he isn't making them money any more.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

There's not much on this planet I have no use for more than born-again Christians and hunters but I will be god damned if I don't jump up and start dancing whenever SEXY BOY hits the PA on RAW

Basically all the cognitive dissonance I don't use on my phone goes towards marking out for Brock or HBK

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

"I hope Seth learns a lesson here - never let anyone take a picture of you naked unless you're hung like Virgil!" -nudist Kevin Sullivan

But they do have an interesting discussion on how he tried to be somewhat racially progressive in WCW while modern WWF reminds him of Amos and Andy.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Feb 14, 2015

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The Kevin Sullivan podcasts are really good and interesting. I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt but I'm gaining more respect for his insights into how to book and the pressures on a booker.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I don't think he's regarded as a bullshit artist liar (except when it relates to his obvious mastermind of the murder of Chris Benoit) but it's nice to finally get some non-Bischoff insight into what the hell was going on in mid-90s WCW.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
dave

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Bobby Fish has an anklet tattoo and paints his toenails. Tizz Shizz exclusive

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The latest Talking Show is just wall to wall great - Gallows getting drunk as gently caress with his parents the day before his WWE debut, the bracelet tattoo story, Tama Tonga having no idea what his e-mail is, one of the Young Bucks doing burpees every time he wins at slots etc.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I like to believe he typed the second "being" during Ishii/Honma

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I also believe he said at one stage "Yoshi-Hashi worked well with Yoshi-Hashi"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

LordPants posted:

I also believe he said at one stage "Yoshi-Hashi worked well with Yoshi-Hashi"

Yeah, in his coverage of NB Sendai:

quote:

Basic match ending with Okada hitting the dropkick and pinning Takahashi after the rainmaker. Fans are into Yoshi-Hashi now and he looked good here including saving Okada from the Bad Luck Fall with a flying clothesline to Fale and then took him out with a plancha on the floor while Okada finished Takahashi. Fale didn't do much but he's over. Yoshi-Hashi (presumably he means Yujiro here) isn't that over but he works well with Yoshi-Hashi.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
mike interrupting dave on the latest podcast 😂😂😂

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Just curious what did Dave think of the finishes for the NXT Rival Divas match and Zayn/Owens match?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Another one:

quote:

WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has signed a deal with CBS Sports to do a weekly podcast, PWInsider.com has confirmed. The deal should be announced officially sometime in the next two weeks.
The plan is for the podcast to feature Flair not only talking about pro wrestling but to interview musicians, actors and athletes as well.

The podcast would put Flair on the same Play.it podcast network that former ECW World champion and current TNA announcer Taz is on with his Human Podcast Machine series, which has been excellent since debuting last month.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

rovert posted:

Another one:

Is CBS Sports involved with PodcastOne?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I believe CBS also distributes Taz's show

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

rovert posted:

Another one:

I look forward to drunken ramblings every week now

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Memento posted:

I have to admit I don't think much of Shawn's supposed reformation into not-a-horrid-oval office, I think he just keeps his poo poo to himself now because he knows no one will put up with it because he isn't making them money any more.

But you know, even keeping your shittiness to yourself and still, deep down, being a dickhead is better than the bullshit he was pulling from about 1994 until he found God.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Hey, how IS Taz's (Human) Podcast (Machine)?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Spermgod posted:

mike interrupting dave on the latest podcast 😂😂😂

i meant the other way around OOPS

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

magnum_valentino posted:

Actually very good. Generally he does a preamble/review the first segment, interview the second segment and a Taz story the third segment. The third segment is the most worthwhile so far. He's more or less nothing like he is on TNA TV. He's pretty likable, sincere and introspective.

He has an annoying tick of apologising for asking a question for before asking it though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Another Person posted:

I look forward to drunken ramblings every week now
But enough about the Pisscast

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

magnum_valentino posted:

It's been excellent since debuting last month.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I'm afraid that rather than Piper's drunken rambling stories being funny and entertaining Flair's drunken rambling stories will be sad and embarrassing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

he's going to start crying on air

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

he's going to blade on air

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spermgod posted:

i meant the other way around OOPS

I just go to this point, it's hilarious. Dave just blurts out and starts talking in the middle of Mike giving out information on their Wrestlemania weekend stuff.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Every wrestler must have a podcast. It is written.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

After checking out some Bryan and Vinny reviews on Youtube I finally joined Observer/F4W.

So many years to go and listen to :swoon:

Any good shows to listen to? I've already heard Victory Road 2009

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

21 Hoot Salute posted:

After checking out some Bryan and Vinny reviews on Youtube I finally joined Observer/F4W.

So many years to go and listen to :swoon:

Any good shows to listen to? I've already heard Victory Road 2009

Go here, scroll down to the TNA Adrenaline Flush and listen to them in order. Some of the links are dead but you can just find the Bryan and Vinny Shows in the archives, they reviewed TNA on the Thursday Night Bryan and Vinny show and PPVs on Sunday. http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18125

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Similarly I've been looking around at some of the Observer shows following a few pivotal recent moments in WWE and been enoying them, can anyone recommend some particularly good shows (doesn't matter what the year is) around major events, whether it was a great show or a terrible one that drove them wild, or something big happening (I recently listened to the show after the Pipebomb promo) - though nothing awful like Eddie or Benoit's deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Similarly I've been looking around at some of the Observer shows following a few pivotal recent moments in WWE and been enoying them, can anyone recommend some particularly good shows (doesn't matter what the year is) around major events, whether it was a great show or a terrible one that drove them wild, or something big happening (I recently listened to the show after the Pipebomb promo) - though nothing awful like Eddie or Benoit's deaths.

The Observer Radio that reviewed the TNA No Surrender 2009 was really entertaining. The way Dave reacted to the booking of the main event was funnier than any of the Bryan and Vinny rants. I'd guess it's the 9/20 show.

• Locked thread