Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Centripetal Horse posted:

Yes, they are. Do you live in a place where automatic faucets work in a way that makes them remotely useful for their intended purpose? I would like to visit such a magical place, and perhaps settle down there to make a life.

Many automatic faucets will time-out after a few seconds so this one simple trick might be more trouble than its worth.

I have the opposite problem from most people because my workplace has automatic sinks but the range is set way too high so it sees me standing there and keeps running while I scrub my filthy hands and then times out just before I need to rinse them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Wedemeyer posted:

I'm 99% this is animal cruelty because even fish need environments bigger than the inside of a loving computer.

It's okay to eat imprison fish in a computer, cuz they don't have any feelings

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wedemeyer posted:

Forgot to screencap it but throw a loving hose on your loving door! Just embrace your inner ghetto white trash rear end and gently caress the HOA brah!!

A new hose can set you back $30.

Lifehack: steal hoses from the loving idiots who use them as door decoration.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

DemeaninDemon posted:

Sort of. The proof falls out of 9 being 10-1 in our base 10 system or 10 is 1 mod 9. For 3 it's similar since 10 is 1 mod 3. Also why it doesn't work for 27, the next power of 3.

Other rules are:

4: last two digits divisible by four.
6: divisible by both two and three, or even numbers that follow the threes rule.
7: gently caress off 7 your rule sucks and is tedious
8: last three digits divisible by 8.

you missed my favorite one, divisibility by 11:
sum the digits with alternating sign and check if the result is divisible by 11

319 -> 3-1+9 = 11

319 = 11*29

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Gorilla Salad posted:

A new hose can set you back $30.

Lifehack: steal hoses from the loving idiots who use them as door decoration.

I don't know, that hose looks like a cheap piece of poo poo. You're probably better off stealing her ironic plastic flamingos and lawn gnomes and selling them back to her. #lifehack

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Screaming Idiot posted:

#LIFEHACK Eat a banana and throw the banana at Mario because gently caress that fat guinea gently caress he thinks he's better than me well I'll show his plumber rear end haha look at his stupid kart slam into a wall

Now you love ME Peach

YOU LOVE ONLY ME

COME TO KOOPA

gently caress YOU DONKEY KONG YOU LEFT THE BANANAS OUT AND NOW THEY ARE MINE

I KIDNAPPED THEM

I legit thought this was a play on some of the original DK Country dialogue like when the old crotchety ape grandpa berates you for losing

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?

Wedemeyer posted:

I'm 99% this is animal cruelty because even fish need environments bigger than the inside of a loving computer.

100% correct, you wouldn't be able to have anything necessary like filtration or heat. But it's okay because fish aren't really animals, they're just desk accessories :v:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Nightmare Zone posted:

100% correct, you wouldn't be able to have anything necessary like filtration or heat. But it's okay because fish aren't really animals, they're just desk accessories :v:

I was gonna buy one of those cool blue gel ant farms off Amazon, but there were a ton of reviews ranting about how cruel it is and I felt bad enough not to buy one. :( I am either an enlightened being or a giant puss. v:geno:v

Lifehack: Want to save money? Let strangers on the internet talk you out of buying novelty items.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Karma Monkey posted:

I was gonna buy one of those cool blue gel ant farms off Amazon, but there were a ton of reviews ranting about how cruel it is and I felt bad enough not to buy one. :( I am either an enlightened being or a giant puss. v:geno:v

Lifehack: Want to save money? Let strangers on the internet talk you out of buying novelty items.

The blue gel ant farms are really dumb and useless, anyway.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

The blue gel ant farms are really dumb and useless, anyway.

drat straight, those fuckers don't grow anything.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Screaming Idiot posted:

drat straight, those fuckers don't grow anything.

They'er gellin'.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm disappointed in all the goons that didn't get the Mitch Hedburg reference.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Please tell me imacs aren't vintage, I'm not ready to be that old yet.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm disappointed in all the goons that didn't get the Mitch Hedburg reference.

Plus, if I tore your legs off, you would look like snowmen.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Mitchhack: File your doughnut receipt under D, for "doughnut." Also, Smokey the Bear is way more intense in person.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Picnic Princess posted:

Please tell me imacs aren't vintage, I'm not ready to be that old yet.

Anything is vintage if you're dumb enough

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Wedemeyer posted:

Besides, they've got it backwards.

How to build a fish tank PC

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Kuroyama posted:

Besides, they've got it backwards.

How to build a fish tank PC

Those are great but really high maintenance. You need to get rid of water precipitating on the top layer fairly often. I love that the fans go from essential to decorations in that setup, though.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Centripetal Horse posted:

Yes, they are. Do you live in a place where automatic faucets work in a way that makes them remotely useful for their intended purpose? I would like to visit such a magical place, and perhaps settle down there to make a life.

South Station in Boston has basically perfect automatic faucets in the bathrooms but you don't wanna take the T there every time you gotta wash your hands.

It's also got automatic toilets, soap dispensers, and Dyson Airblade hand dryers. You literally don't have to touch anything but your own self.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Bertrand Hustle posted:

South Station in Boston has basically perfect automatic faucets in the bathrooms but you don't wanna take the T there every time you gotta wash your hands.

It's also got automatic toilets, soap dispensers, and Dyson Airblade hand dryers. You literally don't have to touch anything but your own self.

Yeah but doing that in a public bathroom tends to get you arrested.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
The macquarium would be sorta cool for super low maintenance critters like shrimp, and the one in the pic clearly has hardware in it that is presumably a small filter and a heater. The capacity is a bit over two gallons, you could probably keep a betta alive in that though it would certainly prefer something a lot bigger, but a couple of small shrimp would do OK.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The flipside is that the bathrooms in South Station (much like any train station) are disgusting.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Big Grunty Secret posted:

The flipside is that the bathrooms in South Station (much like any train station) are disgusting.

Men's room was pretty clean when I was there. Arlington Station is good too. Clean. Braintree, on the other hand, is worse than a truck stop.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Men's room was pretty clean when I was there. Arlington Station is good too. Clean. Braintree, on the other hand, is worse than a truck stop.

You guys use the bathrooms in T stations.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Fatkraken posted:

The macquarium would be sorta cool for super low maintenance critters like shrimp, and the one in the pic clearly has hardware in it that is presumably a small filter and a heater. The capacity is a bit over two gallons, you could probably keep a betta alive in that though it would certainly prefer something a lot bigger, but a couple of small shrimp would do OK.
I don't think shrimp can live in mineral oil.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

constantinople posted:

You guys use the bathrooms in T stations.

Alternately: piss outside on the ground like a animal you piece of poo poo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Big Grunty Secret posted:

The ladies' room there is always clean.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

The ladies' room there is always clean.

Nah, they can get pretty nasty as well.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
mtv teachs you how to turn oreo cookies into mascara (w/ .gifs)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
guys i can make my eyelashes goopy and disgusting MY LIFE IS loving COMPLETE

HAND ME A RAZOR

TIME TO SLICE SOME VEINS

WE HAVE FINALLY COME TO THE MOTHERFUCKING ZENITH

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

What happens if a dog gets too close and licks your eyelashes

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
You must suffer for beauty

Your dog must also suffer

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

If youre so poor you have to make mascara out of flour sugar biscuit cookies then go ahead and shoplift some L'Oréal. You have my holy blessing as a slave of the retail temple. Unless shelters provide beauty items in which case get it from there.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That seems like a really good way to get a stye.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:golfclap: Make-up that attracts wasps.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
I like how she very carefully cleaned out the container she put the liquified Oreos into. "I'm smearing crushing cookies on my eyes, better make sure the container is sanitary." Goddamn my eyes itch just thinking about it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

also I'm pretty sure the cost of the cookies + whatever originally came in that tin outweighs a tube of cheap mascara from Walgreens or whatever.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That would just make me want to eat my mascara, if I was the sort of person who is already so poorly adjusted that I literally make mascara out of cookies.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
How the gently caress do you even come up with such a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistoph
Jul 4, 2014

On a walk today, I saw someone was using icicle lights as a clothesline on their porch. Glittering decor and clean, dry clothes. Walla!