Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

That clears things up a bit. But they themselves stereotype this jew with all the fury of a skinhead.

They're basically indistinguishable from Christian freepers at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

I too am very concerned about those lying money-grubbing Jews who control what the media prints.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I guess the idea is that this is how Europeans will see Jews even if they agree with them? Still seems bizarre, it's like something 4chan would make.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Who's this by?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Darth Walrus posted:

Who's this by?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Samaria Settlers Committee. :shrug:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Samaria Settlers Committee. :shrug:

Xander77 posted:

Something to remember - they are humongous assholes to everyone. Everyone. EVERYONE. I am constantly astounded by how much poo poo the general Israeli public is willing to take from these people with only barest hint of the enormous backlash they really deserve. Kinda like the Tea Party in that way as well.

There hasn't been a single prime minister within the last two three four decades that wasn't branded as a traitor deserving death. IDF soldiers there explicitly to protect their sorry hides are cursed, spit at, may well be beaten. Army officers coordinating settlement protection are extremely likely to get their cars / offices / personal belongings destroyed whenever they urge for the tiniest bit of restraint. (yeah yeah, you're not fond of the IDF and don't see that as a problem, but remember how the Israeli people see it).

Their attitude towards other Israelis can be summarized by the (I'd say infamous, but google fails me on this count) "if only those coffee house sitters who died in suicide bombings were over here instead, their deaths would have meaning". Not even going over their attitude towards filthy leftist traitors (who are rather more liable to get beaten or shot by those fuckers than anyone else).

I'm surprised there aren't more "this is what these people openly say and do" style documentaries out there.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Colonialism may be racist as poo poo, but it's not racially driven. The whole idea of manifest destiny does fit in with some aspects of what Israel has been doing but ultimately if Israel was more into colonialism than "maintaining religious and racial purity and control" then we would have seen a resolving to the Palenstian/Israeli conflict a long time ago. Bombing is bad for business, ghettos are bad for business, terrorism is bad for business. Israel gains nothing from having a giant ghetto full of poor people, they gain nothing from having a unexploited work force, they get nothing from decades long conflict.

There isn't a justification for the current conflict outside "We want to stay the master race", I would be far more sympathetic is Israel if they were only colonialists.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

בנימין נתניהו @netanyahu · 3h 3 hours ago
We say to Jews, to our brothers and sisters: Israel is your home. We are calling for the absorption of mass immigration from Europe

come here where we feel safe from terrorism

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Volkerball posted:

come here where we feel safe from terrorism

... and the civilian k/d ratio vs. Muslims is much better.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpVwW_bfEQM

quote:

The ad shows the group of terrorists pulling up to a random Israeli to ask how to get to Jerusalem. "Take left," they're told.

The screen goes dark and Hebrew words appear as gun shots can be heard. "The left will surrender to terror," the text on the screen reads.

As the ISIS terrorists pull away, the viewer gets a glimpse at a bumper sticker on the back of their Toyota truck. It reads, "Just not Bibi."

The ad ends and the Likud slogan appears: "It's either us or them. Only the Likud. Only Netanyahu."

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
I wonder who's music they used in that.

edit: Classy

quote:

The snatch of Arabic rap lyrics is excerpted from a song by an Amman-based Palestinian group called Torabyeh: “I want to be buried in the same cemetery that my grandfather was buried in. Since my childhood I’ve been dreaming of becoming a soldier and as time passed I discovered who I wanted to belong to: Mahmoud Abbas, Fateh, Hamas or…Jabha [the DFLP] …”

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

that seems like a very 2004-ish political ad. Bibi must've brought in some Republican consultants, he's got his media message on-point.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

Colonialism may be racist as poo poo, but it's not racially driven. The whole idea of manifest destiny does fit in with some aspects of what Israel has been doing but ultimately if Israel was more into colonialism than "maintaining religious and racial purity and control" then we would have seen a resolving to the Palenstian/Israeli conflict a long time ago. Bombing is bad for business, ghettos are bad for business, terrorism is bad for business. Israel gains nothing from having a giant ghetto full of poor people, they gain nothing from having a unexploited work force, they get nothing from decades long conflict.

There isn't a justification for the current conflict outside "We want to stay the master race", I would be far more sympathetic is Israel if they were only colonialists.

Many British colonies - including the Mandate of Palestine - endured decades of terrorism, bombing, and assassinations by independence movements. And Israel exploits the hell out of the Palestinian workforce - tens of thousands of West Bank Palestinians work for Israeli businesses in Israel or in/around the settlements (where, incidentally, Israeli labor law doesn't apply). According to Palestinian labor activists, 90% of workers on the factory floor in Sodastream's West Bank factory are Palestinian laborers, with most of the rest being new Israeli immigrants.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If that ad is indicative of the direction of Israeli discourse then it's only a matter of time before a leader gains political momentum for whom "The left are traitors, only I can protect you" is not just an underhanded sales pitch but a sincere belief. At this rate Netanyahu will seem moderate compared to his eventual successor, and the generation incubated in such a climate.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Dolash posted:

If that ad is indicative of the direction of Israeli discourse then it's only a matter of time before a leader gains political momentum for whom "The left are traitors, only I can protect you" is not just an underhanded sales pitch but a sincere belief.

I don't know about leaders, but it's definitely a sincere belief among a lot of Israelis.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, I don't think there's any real argument that Likud and it's supporters aren't fascist.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only way I could see the current far right government losing power is if Bibi and his party continue their crusade against the West and the U.S. Government. If I was Obama after this address fiasco and the fact Bibi himself campaigned for Romney I would make Israel very aware that there is a snow balls chance in hell of them ever getting help from the U.S. military or the federal government again.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The right has been losing a lot of electoral power, just not enough. At this point in time Bibi must be regretting his decision to give Lapid and Livni the finger rather than appeasing them.

You can pretty much bank on Bibi going full retard and trying to get tensions to flare up as much as possible his next term, I'm not sure it will do him any good but he'll give it his best effort, the man loves his seat.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Seeing some articles on my Facebook feed about Gadi Eisenkot becoming the new IDF chief of staff. Anyone have some details on any notable things he's done or lobbied for?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Zerilan posted:

Seeing some articles on my Facebook feed about Gadi Eisenkot becoming the new IDF chief of staff. Anyone have some details on any notable things he's done or lobbied for?

Eisenkot was also offered the job in 2011, but he deferred to the more senior Benny Gantz, who is now outgoing. Eisenkot has previously stated that he believes Israel should only mount strikes on Iran as an absolute last resort. He's also the architect of the Dahiya Doctrine, which is the IDF's strategy of deliberately targeting civilian infrastructure and property (not to mention civilian lives) with wildly disproportionate force as a means of deterrence and collective punishment:

ynet News posted:

Israel would use "disproportionate" force to destroy Lebanese villages from which Hizbullah guerrillas fired rockets at its cities in any future war, an Israeli general said in remarks published on Friday.

"What happened in the Dahiya quarter of Beirut in 2006 will happen in every village from which Israel is fired on," said Gadi Eisenkot, head of the army's northern division.

Dahiya was a Hizbullah stronghold that Israel flattened in sustained air raids during a 34-day war with the Shiite group two years ago.

"We will apply disproportionate force on it (village) and cause great damage and destruction there. From our standpoint, these are not civilian villages, they are military bases," Eisenkot told the Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper.

"This is not a recommendation. This is a plan. And it has been approved," Eisenkot added.

Eisenkot formulated this strategy in 2006 as commander of the IDF northern military district abutting Lebanon, but it's seen practical application mostly against Gaza. The Israel attacks of 2008 and 2014 followed his script very closely.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

EvanSchenck posted:

Eisenkot was also offered the job in 2011, but he deferred to the more senior Benny Gantz, who is now outgoing. Eisenkot has previously stated that he believes Israel should only mount strikes on Iran as an absolute last resort. He's also the architect of the Dahiya Doctrine, which is the IDF's strategy of deliberately targeting civilian infrastructure and property (not to mention civilian lives) with wildly disproportionate force as a means of deterrence and collective punishment:

Eisenkot formulated this strategy in 2006 as commander of the IDF northern military district abutting Lebanon, but it's seen practical application mostly against Gaza. The Israel attacks of 2008 and 2014 followed his script very closely.

Fucker should burn. :mad:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

EvanSchenck posted:

He's also the architect of the Dahiya Doctrine, which is the IDF's strategy of deliberately targeting civilian infrastructure and property (not to mention civilian lives) with wildly disproportionate force as a means of deterrence and collective punishment:

So Israel is literally nazi germany at this point, apparently?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty sure those are different countries.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Figuratively, literally figuratively.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

EvanSchenck posted:

This is such a bizarre thing to be permitted to say because it's very illegal at international law on its face.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Disinterested posted:

This is such a bizarre thing to be permitted to say because it's very illegal at international law on its face.

Israel's military strategies (and public discourse!) haven't cared about international law for quite a few years now.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Miftan posted:

Israel's military strategies (and public discourse!) haven't cared about international law for quite a few years now.

Just because the international community fails to protect its Jewish citizens from terrorism, doesn't mean Israel will.

Isn't it time for Jews to come to a safe, eternal home, one where they can count on their government to take proactive measures to disincentivize terror?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Except that it is neither safe or eternal and Israel has been the biggest PR boon for anti-semitic terrorism for a good while, so...

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 16, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Just because the international community fails to protect its Jewish citizens from terrorism, doesn't mean Israel will.

Isn't it time for Jews to come to a safe, eternal home, one where they can count on their government to take proactive measures to disincentivize terror?

Maybe you Israelis should do poo poo for yourselves and stop mooching off of states with more history than yours. Stop begging and get a real job.

Put up or shut up.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

My Imaginary GF posted:

Terrorism doesn't disincentivize terrorism, you dumb motherfucker.

Also, you just said that terrorism as a proactive measure against terrorism is a good thing, and I realize that there are policy makers out there who unironically agree with that. gently caress.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Miftan posted:

I'm aware, but usually people who proudly commit violations still don't flaunt them in the press just in case.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Disinterested posted:

I'm aware, but usually people who proudly commit violations still don't flaunt them in the press just in case.

Israel can do whatever it wants, secure in the knowledge that the UN will never hold them accountable.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Panzeh posted:

Maybe you Israelis should do poo poo for yourselves and stop mooching off of states with more history than yours. Stop begging and get a real job.

Put up or shut up.

MIGF isn't an Israeli. He (or his gimmick) is a Jewish-American rabid supporter of Israeli hawks, right or righter.

Kajeesus posted:

Terrorism doesn't disincentivize terrorism, you dumb motherfucker.

Also, you just said that terrorism as a proactive measure against terrorism is a good thing, and I realize that there are policy makers out there who unironically agree with that. gently caress.

I'd been reading this book about the history of Irgun, the Jewish terrorist organization lead by the late Begin, and the writer himself wrote very proudly about Irgun's counter-terrorism terrorism, without a hint of irony. "The Jews used to be afraid, but after the indiscriminate shooting at that train and the bombing of that Arab market, it is the Arabs who are afraid. Thus Arab terrorism was fought."

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

New Division posted:

Israel can do whatever it wants, secure in the knowledge that the UN will never hold them accountable.

I'm aware of the practicalities, but most people who do those things tend to say stuff more like 'we didn't do it but it wouldn't have been bad if we did'.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hey, MIGF you've been trying waaaay too hard lately. It's much harder to get annoyed when you're making it so obvious that's what you're aiming for.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

He always oversells the I/P troll, not even Panzeh's conter-trolling can save it sometimes.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Disinterested posted:

International law is a Nazi plot to further the cause of antisemitism.

This is what Israel actually believes.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

No, it isn't. It's funny how flat Zionism falls when you try to sell it on its own merits.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Nothing like collective punishment to disincentivize terror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

bpower posted:

Nothing like collective punishment to disincentivize terror.

It worked so well in Algeria, Vietnam, South Africa, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan...

Wait, I meant "failed miserably and exacerbated the situation". Man, the keys are right next to each other.

• Locked thread