Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Argue posted:

There's an extended cut of Pie-Mary on Hulu, so if you haven't seen the ep yet make sure you watch that version instead. There's about 5 minutes of new content for anyone considering watching it again.

The extended cut is required viewing imo, it has some setup of Ron's puzzle solving abilities and it explains his out of nowhere enthusiasm when April brings him the box clues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

The extended cut is required viewing imo, it has some setup of Ron's puzzle solving abilities and it explains his out of nowhere enthusiasm when April brings him the box clues.

We don't need any setup because his enthusiasm for puzzles was previously demonstrated in some episode in Season 3 or 4 or thereabouts. :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pakled posted:

We don't need any setup because his enthusiasm for puzzles was previously demonstrated in some episode in Season 3 or 4 or thereabouts. :colbert:

"Operation Ann", season 4.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Pakled posted:

Operation Ann in season 4. Ron Swanson would also hate if Leslie sets up a puzzle for his birthday.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bobkatt013 posted:

Operation Ann in season 4. Ron Swanson would also hate if Leslie sets up a puzzle for his birthday.

"Leslie. That. That's what I want..."

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
I think it is becoming increasingly obvious that, for the finale, one of the funerals will be Garry's. He's been having far too much good fortune this season with Donna fixing his name, hanging out with him, and helping him get his stuff back. Plus, the callback to his heart condition (slyly dropping the fact that he left his heart medicine down the grate) is pretty much a Chekhov's gun.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I think it is becoming increasingly obvious that, for the finale, one of the funerals will be Garry's. He's been having far too much good fortune this season with Donna fixing his name, hanging out with him, and helping him get his stuff back. Plus, the callback to his heart condition (slyly dropping the fact that he left his heart medicine down the grate) is pretty much a Chekhov's gun.

Way too dark for this show.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I think it is becoming increasingly obvious that, for the finale

That title is for episode 11, the finale is episodes 12 and 13.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
He's going to have a heart attack while plowing Jean Ralphio who gets Mr. Hands'ed by his literally biggest penis.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I keep having these images of Jean Ralphio in a casket but he's faking his death and at some point jumps out and sings a little jingle.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I was thinking the same thing. And that everyone will blow it off in some form. And it will say Jerry on his tombstone. And then Gale marries Tom.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Frostwerks posted:

He's going to have a heart attack while plowing Jean Ralphio who gets Mr. Hands'ed by his literally biggest penis.

Seems a bit cliche for this show.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Timett posted:

I keep having these images of Jean Ralphio in a casket but he's faking his death and at some point jumps out and sings a little jingle.

Same here, but I picture that it's both Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa, and they're watching from the rafters Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn style.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Timett posted:

"...but I was alive the whole TIIIIIIIIiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIImeeeee"

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spoeank posted:

"...but I was alive the whole TIIIIIIIIiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIImeeeee"

Mona Lisa coming out of the coffin, "would; would; would; hard-pass!"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I mean, after-all, he has had at least one heart fart attack.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

thexerox123 posted:

Same here, but I picture that it's both Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa, and they're watching from the rafters Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn style.

They're talking about everyone and everything so loudly that everyone knows they're up there, but Doc Saperstein paid them all off to say nice things about his kids so they won't feel bad about themselves.

Edit: I could somehow see New Girl doing that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I could see an episode where they think he's dead and have a funeral for him, just to find out he was doing something silly the whole time.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Timett posted:

Jean Ralphio popping out of the casket causes Gerry to have a heart attack, hence the title Two Funerals

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Jean Ralphio popping out of the casket causes Gerry to have a heart attack, hence the title Two Funerals
This.

Zedd posted:

A visit from current President Obama, running his third term because he implemented his plan and destroyed your founding principles for real. :getin:
Are you my Uncle?

President Al Franken would be good too.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

FadingChord posted:

President Mark Brendanawicz.

This would be fantastic.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Presidanawicz

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
And Joe Biden is still VP.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DrBouvenstein posted:

And Joe Biden is still VP.

She called him "senator" actually.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'm not anti-Tom really at all, but I didn't notice he wasn't in either episode until it was pointed out here and I didn't miss him at all.

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!

Pick posted:

She called him "senator" actually.

That is because that was John McCain, not Joe Biden. Keep your old white men straight.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I know it's customary to still use "Mr. President" for former Presidents, not sure what the convention is for former veeps.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Maxwell Lord posted:

I know it's customary to still use "Mr. President" for former Presidents, not sure what the convention is for former veeps.

"Dammit, Danny!"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ganthony posted:

That is because that was John McCain, not Joe Biden. Keep your old white men straight.

Man what was I smoking when I wrote that post, yeesh, you're right. Head in season 7 :psyduck:.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I choose to believe Biden is president in P&R's world. :allears:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I would say it's too dark for this show, but the whole Garry/Donna c-plot for this episode gave me a really weird vibe, it felt like one long "goodbye". I totally expected him to get a heart attack at the end there or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You guys are morbid.

Why can't Garry just have a happy ending and he's having happy moments with Donna because they spent years being cruel to him and the morale has always been "they may be assholes to him at the office but his life is wonderful and retirement will be a blessing"?

That doesn't feel like a spoiler since its just random speculation but everyone else was so I figured I'd be safe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I also do not think that it will be an actual funeral, just celebrating the deaths of April and Leslie's life in Pawnee. As there is two more episodes following it

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How old was Gary when he "retired" in season 3? The guy is pretty old now. And he worked for the government for 40 years at the time?

My all time favorite Gary joke was when Ben and Christ discussed Gayle and one of them concluded "there is no possible explanation."

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 16, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

whatever7 posted:

How old was Gary when he "retired" in season 3? The guy is pretty old now. And he worked 40 years for the government at the time?

69/17

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

whatever7 posted:

How old was Gary when he "retired" in season 3? The guy is pretty old now. And he worked for the government for 40 years at the time?

My all time favorite Gary joke was when Ben and Christ discussed Gayle and one of them concluded "there is no possible explanation."

He doesn't have to be too old, if he started right out of the 2 year college he went to he'd be 60. That's long enough to get a government pension, but still not so old that he couldn't work part time at his old office job.

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
Jim O'Heir is actually 53 years old. And he originally auditioned to be Ron Swanson..

edit: Also Gary's death is obviously from undiagnosed mumps.

Ready! Set! Blow! fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 16, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

whatever7 posted:

I would correct your spelling in that last sentence, but you might still be correct.

fingerpaint
Jan 9, 2014
Ron kills Leslie and himself in a murder suicide pact. In a final twist, they were killed by the landmine. The rest of the season were Leslie's dying hallucinations. It's what the show's been building up to. Calling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

smashpro1 posted:

I choose to believe Biden is president in P&R's world. :allears:

First act: improve train infrastructure so he can take Amtrak anywhere in the contiguous US of A :3:

• Locked thread