Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Beat Troll-Toll 2-1. Major highlight for me was a 5-card hand of land, elf, Natural Order, Natural Order, Progenitus. Value hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
Confirming I lost to Procrastinator 1-2. Games 1 and 3 he was able to play some dudes and fetch a Craterhoof, game 2 he mulled into oblivion. My unfamiliarity with playing against Elves (and Legacy in general) probably led to me making some plays that were just plain wrong (at least I'd like to think that it was attributable to that and not me sucking at Magic).

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I haven't heard from the March Hare and it doesn't look like he's posted since pairing went up.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

After not really getting what his deck did and getting rightfully combo'd out Game 1, I came back with Thrun beatdowns to beat Dr. Stab 2-1.

Edit: Also, here's the video of my round 2 match against alwaysbeclosing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBt4rQFnfM
A lot of your sequencing and SDT'ing seemed really off to me. You missed at least 2 opportunities to cast Sigarda sooner than you did by not being aggressive with SDT and explorers. After getting Sigarda out you had an SDT that revealed Swamp, explorer, and some other card. You chose to draw swamp even though you weren't doing anything with your mana that turn so might as well have cast the veteran explorer and played swamp next turn.

Even if tabernacle said sacrifice, Sigarda still would not stop it. Tabernacle is a hell of a card.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 16, 2015

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Wadjamaloo posted:

A lot of your sequencing and SDT'ing seemed really off to me. You missed at least 2 opportunities to cast Sigarda sooner than you did by not being aggressive with SDT and explorers. After getting Sigarda out you had an SDT that revealed Swamp, explorer, and some other card. You chose to draw swamp even though you weren't doing anything with your mana that turn so might as well have cast the veteran explorer and played swamp next turn.

Even if tabernacle said sacrifice, Sigarda still would not stop it. Tabernacle is a hell of a card.

This is probably true, I'm fairly new to the deck and to SDT-based decks in general. I'm a bit cautious about aggressively ramping into a threat that gets removed and then not having a backup strategy, especially against matchups I'm not familiar with.

Good point on Tabernacle, I wasn't aware of the Oracle text vs the printed text.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

This is probably true, I'm fairly new to the deck and to SDT-based decks in general. I'm a bit cautious about aggressively ramping into a threat that gets removed and then not having a backup strategy, especially against matchups I'm not familiar with.

Good point on Tabernacle, I wasn't aware of the Oracle text vs the printed text.
Ya SDT is a tricky card to play with, its easy to get caught up on what card you want right now without thinking about card you want next turn and the turn after. Sigarda is such a blowout vs him I would have just been jamming it as fast as possible. For example you GSZ for Deathrite, which his deck has a million answers to, when a GSZ for veteran explorer would have set up Sigarda the next turn, which his deck has 0 answers to.

The thing about tabernacle is that tabernacle gives the ability to your creatures. So even if said sacrifice, it would be an ability that Sigarda has, and one you control, not one your opponent controls. The best example of this only comes up in paper where people untap and then draw a card. If the ability were triggered by Tabernacle it would be ruled that the tabernacle player missed the trigger and it does nothing, but since the ability is controlled by the tabernacle players opponent it results in a complete blow out where they have to sacrifice all their creatures. It happens every time Tabernacle is on camera at SCG and its great.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
BAFH beat me 2-0.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I haven't heard from the March Hare and it doesn't look like he's posted since pairing went up.

The March Hare posted:

gang sines posted:

1) The March Hare vs Ciprian Maricon

I am available most weekdays after 6PM EST and weekends on a case by case basis but usually for at least a few hours each day. Hit me up via PM or on irc or just in there here thread.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
BAFH's round 3 game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4EOYVwZrSM&feature=youtu.be

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

This was great, and exactly what I expected from this series.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Current scores:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rtte-X6lDYmEzWQErgA3FfCYRKQE5EY4vJlUEhkA4TA/edit#gid=711843486

Will update as the final results for the round as they trickle in etc.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 16, 2015

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

The March Hare posted:

I am available most weekdays after 6PM EST and weekends on a case by case basis but usually for at least a few hours each day. Hit me up via PM or on irc or just in there here thread.
[/quote]

I'm a bad person, PM I can play this morning.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

Octopus where are you?

Sent you a PM.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Pontius Pilate did not respond to my PMs and I guess doesn't use the IRC channel.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
last call post

get yo games in by 9 AM EST tomorrow or let me know why you can't or if you need an extension

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
dogsupremacy, you are wrecking my chances of getting that 0 - 6 tag.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i'm thinking dog supremacy and a dozen swans entered a murder-suicide pact

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
If I still scrub out for the rest of my matches, can I have the 0-6 tag anyway?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Kraus posted:

If I still scrub out for the rest of my matches, can I have the 0-6 tag anyway?

My only regret is beating you and losing my shot at the 0/6 gangtag.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Posting here to say I concede my match 2-0 to Moatman

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Great bug on Xmage today where I can't use fetchlands. I might just concede and drop.

EDIT: Confirmed, I don't have the patience to investigate why I suddenly can't use Fetchlands, so 2-0 for the March Hare. If anyone knows what I can do to fix that by next time, I'm happy to continue otherwise I will be dropping.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 17, 2015

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Great bug on Xmage today where I can't use fetchlands. I might just concede and drop.

Yeah, I have no idea what is up with this but I can confirm that its broken as gently caress. This program is bad and legacy is cheap on mtgo, we should just play on mtgo like real men.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Ciprian Maricon posted:

EDIT: Confirmed, I don't have the patience to investigate why I suddenly can't use Fetchlands, so 2-0 for the March Hare. If anyone knows what I can do to fix that by next time, I'm happy to continue otherwise I will be dropping.

yo what version you on

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Ciprian Maricon posted:

both march and i can fetch, what's happening when you try to fetch?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

The March Hare posted:

Yeah, I have no idea what is up with this but I can confirm that its broken as gently caress. This program is bad and legacy is cheap on mtgo, we should just play on mtgo like real men.

I'd love to do this. Give me $350 for Goyfs, $400 for Wastelands, $300 for Lilis, and $100 for Groves and I'm in.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

gang sines posted:

both march and i can fetch, what's happening when you try to fetch?

after i place the ability on the stack and click "ok" to pass priority it does nothing, acts like its waiting for the other person to pass, their timer is counting down and it reads "Waiting for XXXX" but the other person sees the same thing.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

suicidesteve posted:

I'd love to do this. Give me $350 for Goyfs, $400 for Wastelands, $300 for Lilis, and $100 for Groves and I'm in.

Like I said, legacy is cheap on MTGO.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Ciprian Maricon posted:

after i place the ability on the stack and click "ok" to pass priority it does nothing, acts like its waiting for the other person to pass, their timer is counting down and it reads "Waiting for XXXX" but the other person sees the same thing.

did it work on a previous version? might be worth trying to downgrade and see if you can fetch vs the comp

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I beat snacksmaniac 2-1. He played very well.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Try clicking on the ability in the stack box. Sometimes the library search box disappears and that should get it back.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Wadjamaloo posted:

Try clicking on the ability in the stack box. Sometimes the library search box disappears and that should get it back.

I did, it does nothing.

gang sines posted:

did it work on a previous version? might be worth trying to downgrade and see if you can fetch vs the comp

it worked fine before. ill be honest, i have very little interest in figuring how to use an old version or whatever, i had fun but looks like i broke something.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Partial Octopus posted:

I beat snacksmaniac 2-1. He played very well.

Good match!

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I did, it does nothing.

it worked fine before. ill be honest, i have very little interest in figuring how to use an old version or whatever, i had fun but looks like i broke something.

You can play on Cockatrice if xmage is broken. Don't turn back now...

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
round four pairings:

1) Network42 vs Big Anime Fan Here (1-2)
2) Ranpire vs Wadjamaloo (2-1)
3) ChewyLSB vs The March Hare (0-2)
4) C-Euro vs Phyrexian Librarian (1-2)
5) Snacksmaniac vs Moatman (2-0, router death)
6) GottaPayDaTrollToll vs muon (2-0, muon conceded)
7) wildfire1 vs PERPETUAL IDIOT (2-1)
8) netcat vs Hobojim (0-2 netcat dropped)
9) Toshimo vs odiv (2-1)
10) born on a buy you vs Auralsaurus Flex (2-1)
11) Fingers McLongDong vs Lonely Bridge (draw?)
12) DrStab vs instantrunoffvote (0-2)
13) suicidesteve vs Ciprian Maricon (2-1)
14) Lord Saturn vs Pontius Pilate (2-0, pilate is dropped)
15) always be closing vs Ableist Kinkshamer (0-2)
16) Trilas vs Chamale (1-2)
17) Kraus vs AgentSythe (2-0, agent dropped)
18) Filthy Monkey vs Archenteron (2-1)
19) Babylon Astronaut vs Tenjou Utena (2-1)
20) LGD vs Partial Octopus (0-2, LGD conceded)
21) Jabor vs Procrastinator (1-2)
22) gang sines vs TheLawinator (1-2)

congrats lonequid for your victory over "bye"

black potus fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 24, 2015

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

gang sines posted:

round four pairings:

14) Lord Saturn vs Pontius Pilate

It looks like you've been skipping out of the last two rounds? You might actually be as bad as McMagic. PM me if you're actually going to play.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Ableist kinkshamer, lol, pm me or see u in IRC.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

18) Filthy Monkey vs Archenteron

Greetings fellow superloser! I can totally play any time today, due to a weather cancellation. Other than that, evenings are good. Add me on steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/FilthyMonkey/

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
oh i didn't say this but deadline is MONDAY FEBRUARY 23RD AT 8 AM

8 am so i can put up pairings while i ahve my coffee and no one has been coming in at the last second

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League

gang sines posted:

round four pairings:
congrats lonequid for your victory over "bye"

This is BULLSHIT! I wanted that 0-6 title!!

edit: vvvv I concede to the bye. Also I will not be contacting him to play our match, so he will inevitably post here saying he couldn't reach me and I'll get the round loss. ty.

lonequid fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Can you concede to the bye?

• Locked thread