Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

The STEAM demo is so long. I'm still playing it. I hope there was some error and I accidentally got the full game because this is the most fun I've ever had with turn based strategy or whatever the hell it's called.

Wait, what? It's just two stages, I thought. The first being a 3-parter, of course. I've beaten everything twice and gotten all the gears and did them below the min # of turns. Does more open up if you keep playing?

So, my 3DS apparently shipped next-day air, due today. The problem is, the city is loving frozen over and nobody is at work. Time to test UPS' resolve... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone know what font Nintendo uses for their eShop codes? I sold something for eShop credit and the code itself was scratched off pretty heavily and there's a string of characters that I can't read.

I thought it'd be 22W89, but the bottom of what i thought was 8 is smaller than the other 8 found in the code and I can't place any other characters as possibilities.

I grabbed a few of my old eShop cards to show you the codes in case that would help and I found 2 unredeemed cards totaling $30. So...thanks!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just my luck. UPS delayed my delivery. I understand that the weather is pretty lovely from Richmond upwards but man, I'm just never going to catch a break with this thing.

E. I won't spend time talking shipping info. I'm just frustrated :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

Can you just steal the formatting in the Wii U thread

Maybe

E: I feel like filling the already text heavy op up with images is not smart

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 17, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Maybe

That's how it works!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Hori screen protectors are reusable right? Just trying to decide what all I need to buy for my eventually new XL. I think I remember reading that on the packaging the protectors came in and then threw it away.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Maybe

Can't you just steal the formatting from the Vita thread

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Skeezy posted:

Just my luck. UPS delayed my delivery. I understand that the weather is pretty lovely from Richmond upwards but man, I'm just never going to catch a break with this thing.

E. I won't spend time talking shipping info. I'm just frustrated :(

Posts like this make me glad I live in a desert wasteland. One more day of waiting for me!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
A question about the Monster Hunter 4 3DS XL LE bundle: Does the console come with MH4 preinstalled ordo I get a downloadcode?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It's pre-installed. There's no fear in losing it even if you system transfer though.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I thought mine was hosed up too until I went into the calibration on Monster Hunter and played around with it. I think it's just dependent on applying pressure in a certain way, and once I got it down I had way fewer problems with it. It works perfect when my hands are dry, but if they get slightly sweaty I still have problems moving it down. Way less than before though.

So strange thing... It started happening again today however I noticed my palms were kinda moist. Dried them off with a towel and rubbed the c-stick and then it worked again. Guess I need latex gloves to stop the slippage or shorter gaming sessions.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

New thread title right there

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

New thread title right there

Goons Practicing Screwing. Wear latex gloves to stop the slippage or shorter gaming sessions.

Edit: and to make up for the loss of SYSTEM TRANSFER in the thread title, please update the OP to fill at least one screen's length with the following url.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...system-transfer
TIA

Fryhtaning fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 17, 2015

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Thanks internet, for making me feel like a unique snowflake for not sweating profusely 24/7 while doing any activity even one as physically inactive as playing a 3DS.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Alxprit posted:

It's pre-installed. There's no fear in losing it even if you system transfer though.

Problem is I already got it via eShop. I wanted to give my brother my old 3DS XL so we both can play MH4.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

horriblePencilist posted:

Problem is I already got it via eShop. I wanted to give my brother my old 3DS XL so we both can play MH4.

Who ya gonna call? Nin-tendo.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

io_burn posted:

Thanks internet, for making me feel like a unique snowflake for not sweating profusely 24/7 while doing any activity even one as physically inactive as playing a 3DS.

Hyperhidrosis sure is a thing. It runs in my family although I thankfully missed getting it. As a kid, my brother had to have his own controllers though because they would get all sweat-stained and horrible.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Is Monster Hunter worth getting if you're probably only going to play it single player?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Purple Monkey posted:

Is Monster Hunter worth getting if you're probably only going to play it single player?

Yeah single player campaign is pretty hefty. Multiplayer is definitely better but theres still plenty to do single player.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I played the entirety of 3 Ultimate on my 3DS without any help from anyone. It was still a friggin' blast. Though, having friends could never hurt either.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Posts like this make me glad I live in a desert wasteland. One more day of waiting for me!

I was supposed to get it today also. Hahah drat dude.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
So the system transfer video and support guide aren't really clear on this (or I can't find the relevant details) - here's my current setup, and here's what I'm trying to do tonight when my N3DS shows up.
My current 3DS has the original SD card that it came with (4GB I think)
I have a 32GB micro card that I bought for my N3DS

Do I put the bigger card into the new 3DS before starting the system transfer?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Deceptive Thinker posted:

So the system transfer video and support guide aren't really clear on this (or I can't find the relevant details) - here's my current setup, and here's what I'm trying to do tonight when my N3DS shows up.
My current 3DS has the original SD card that it came with (4GB I think)
I have a 32GB micro card that I bought for my N3DS

Do I put the bigger card into the new 3DS before starting the system transfer?

Follow the video literally. Don't think about it and just follow it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
What you're gonna wanna do is move all your data onto the 32gb card and then leave said 32gb card in your old system. At a certain point during the system transfer, you will be told to move the card from your old system to your new system. Do so, and you're golden.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Follow the video literally. Don't think about it and just follow it.

I'm not going to blindly follow a video that doesn't make logical sense
It asks you to erase the SD card that's in the new system, yet at that point it's not the card that needs to be erased

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I'm not going to blindly follow a video that doesn't make logical sense
It asks you to erase the SD card that's in the new system, yet at that point it's not the card that needs to be erased

Just follow the videoooooooo...

Edit: To actually be helpful (kinda), the video is assuming you haven't read anything on the internet and have only a basic understanding of how you work with a memory card. The process is made so anyone can do it but I think it might be too basic which is why it trips so many people up.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 17, 2015

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Don't put a big empty microSD card into your New 3DS before you start. Put the card in later, once you are instructed to and that card is full of data.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like the console

the c stick sucks

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

Don't put a big empty microSD card into your New 3DS before you start. Put the card in later, once you are instructed to and that card is full of data.

Thanks - this is what I wanted to know

- Step 6 and 7 in the video seem oddly unnecessary to the process

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

deadwing posted:

Hyperhidrosis sure is a thing. It runs in my family although I thankfully missed getting it. As a kid, my brother had to have his own controllers though because they would get all sweat-stained and horrible.

Buy your family latex gloves

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

New Nintendo 3DS Chat: AC Charger, Screwdrivers and Latex Gloves sold separately

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Fryhtaning posted:

Goons Practicing Screwing. Wear latex gloves to stop the slippage or shorter gaming sessions.

Edit: and to make up for the loss of SYSTEM TRANSFER in the thread title, please update the OP to fill at least one screen's length with the following url.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...system-transfer
TIA

The gloves were a joke :rolleyes:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

flyboi posted:

The gloves were a joke :rolleyes:

NO REALLY :newlol:

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Volt Catfish posted:

I like the console

the c stick sucks

What's wrong with the c stick nipple? I kind of like it. Works just fine for me... been playing MH4.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Red Robin Hood posted:

What's wrong with the c stick nipple? I kind of like it. Works just fine for me... been playing MH4.

Doesn't work while wet, apparently.

edit: Or wait does it work better while wet, I can't keep this thread straight anymore.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Yeah, I've been finding the C-Nub pretty nice actually.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It looks like it feels like one of those old middle-of-the-keyboard laptop weird... nipple mice or something.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I am really enjoying Link between worlds the game just feels so tight. I'm traversing back and fourth all over the world and there's always stuff happening and things to do. If I ever get confused there are all kinds of different methods of acquiring hints that don't make me feel like I'm cheating or stupid. I thought I would hate the wall picture mechanic thing but actually it's way more elegant than I imagined and adds a dynamic I'd never considered before.

It's just a really well made game.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The official English translation of the Third Quarter Financial Results Briefing is out, with Iwata giving some hints for future developments. One of them is Amiibo's coming in card formats, and the reader for the 3DS coming out in summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Rexroom posted:

The official English translation of the Third Quarter Financial Results Briefing is out, with Iwata giving some hints for future developments. One of them is Amiibo's coming in card formats, and the reader for the 3DS coming out in summer.

Oh poo poo, cards in Amiibo form? I would be all over that. I don't give a crap about the figures but being able to tap cards is a lot more appealing.