Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Robert Denby posted:

And speaking of embarrassingly stiff animation:

Is that what the Simpsons opening bit looks like now? That's just poo poo.

No wonder they tout guest animators so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Can someone make this into an avatar? I don't have anything to give in return except love

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Can someone make this into an avatar? I don't have anything to give in return except love

I forget what the new limits are on avatar sizes. This is 125x125 and 89k, which I believe falls within them. I could try adding dithering, but that'd bring up the file size; if anyone knows the limits, I can try again!

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

FredMSloniker posted:

I forget what the new limits are on avatar sizes. This is 125x125 and 89k, which I believe falls within them. I could try adding dithering, but that'd bring up the file size; if anyone knows the limits, I can try again!

I think it's 150x150 and 100kb now.

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

This one is 150x150 and a bit closer to the limit, if you prefer:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

"Hang on I know a shortcut"

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

There are a lot of unanswered questions in this gif. First and foremost HOW DO YOU MISS A PLANE SO BAD THAT YOU HIT A PLANE.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
It's a real life GTA scene

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Not quite what movies had led me to expect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPZhcnRhI-I

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Oof. I know that planes are generally pretty fragile. I wonder what the cost of repairs on that was.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Tracula posted:

Oof. I know that planes are generally pretty fragile. I wonder what the cost of repairs on that was.
If I had to guess I'd say probably a write-off.

minato posted:

Not quite what movies had led me to expect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPZhcnRhI-I

Well, if you drive a bus full of explosives into a plane full of fuel and air, you get a big-rear end fuel-air explosion.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IslamoNazi posted:

There are a lot of unanswered questions in this gif. First and foremost HOW DO YOU MISS A PLANE SO BAD THAT YOU HIT A PLANE.

Could be worse.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

thespaceinvader posted:

If I had to guess I'd say probably a write-off.

Do you even know what a write-off is? :crossarms:

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

DrBouvenstein posted:

Do you even know what kind of tolerances they have on planes? :colbert:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

Do you?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

ante posted:

Do you even know what kind of tolerances they have on planes? :colbert:

none. make a grab at just one rear end and its over pal. thanks obama

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Could be worse.

"gently caress you Larry, that's the last time you forget to load my vegetarian meal!!"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yes, it's when the insurance company considers it too expensive to repair. Doesn't mean it's irreparable, just means the insurance people won't pay, and with a commercial plane that most likely means it'll get scrapped.

I guess that because commercial aviation tolerances are very fine, and repairs are very expensive.

But as noted, I'm guessing anyway. I'm not remotely an expert, and I'd happily defer to someone who knows more.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Could be worse.

100% seriously did I just watch somebody die?

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
No but you did post an incredibly tired cliché!

e: VVVVVVV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFP4xl0V0mk

Opal has a new favorite as of 13:57 on Feb 17, 2015

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Opal posted:

No but you did post an incredibly tired cliché!

I'm actually genuinely curious as to whether someone could survive being in that car.

E: OK. That makes more sense. I was searching to see if I could find a news story about it cause that can was definitely caved in at the end.

Political Whores has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Feb 17, 2015

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I don't get it. Is it just a completely random helmet cam gif or am I missing something?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bad Munki posted:

I don't get it. Is it just a completely random helmet cam gif or am I missing something?

My guess is that it's a cop being a dick and the guy on the bike is waving him over.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

My guess is that it's a cop being a dick and the guy on the bike is waving him over.

It looks like the cop is pointing something out and the guy is waving him on in a "Yeah, I know fashion"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

:black101:

I have fond memories of this cartoon from ages 10-12 that I will not ruin by attempting to re-watch it as an adult.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

DrBouvenstein posted:

:black101:

I have fond memories of this cartoon from ages 10-12 that I will not ruin by attempting to re-watch it as an adult.

It was actually ok. They got around the whole 'not murdering people in cartoons' thing by making his sword out of a metal that banishes his enemies to the serpent dimension when it hits them, and they actually completed the story.

His stupid Phoenix sidekick was annoying as hell but introduced me to pomegranites, which are delicious.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Soul Train gifs own. There were a couple of really great ones floating around here a year or so back.

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

I turned some of my gifs into avatars, if anybody wants one. Each one is also a link to the full size version.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

It was actually a group of squids being lovely to other motorists, and that cop was the only one nearby to deal with it. When the shitheads refused to comply with orders to stop and started getting aggressive with the cop, the cop felt it best to leave the area since there were 50 of them and he didn't have back up. The waver is taunting the cop as he's leaving.

So of course the guy posts the video on YouTube, and the cops quickly find him and the 90 marijuana plants in his house.

ComfyPants has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Feb 18, 2015

Whiirrr
Feb 14, 2006

Soiled Meat

JaysonAych posted:

It was actually a group of squids being lovely to other motorists, and that cop was the only one nearby to deal with it. When the shitheads refused to comply with orders to stop and started getting aggressive with the cop, the cop felt it best to leave the area since there were 50 of them and he didn't have back up. The waver is taunting the cop as he's leaving.

So of course the guy posts the video on YouTube, and the cops quickly find him and the 90 marijuana plants in his house.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
Dinosaur Gum

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

How to freak out your mom
http://i.imgur.com/AxEMIYv.webm

Suspense.webm
http://i.imgur.com/YTyucvg.webm

Haruharuharuko has a new favorite as of 04:16 on Feb 18, 2015

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Read Snigfut posted:

This one is 150x150 and a bit closer to the limit, if you prefer:

FredMSloniker posted:

Thanks chaps, you're both cool and good.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I'm in a glass case of

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Tooter posted:

It looks like the cop is pointing something out and the guy is waving him on in a "Yeah, I know fashion"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.