Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Wonder if they'll allow you to sync' with a single amiibo you already own, so you don't have to take a figurine with you if you travel at all, or if they'll be a unique file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They'll probably be unique files. NFC chips have a pathetically tiny amount of space as is.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Is there any good New 3DS XL grip yet? My hands keep falling asleep even with the circle pad pro on my regular 3DS XL.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Are downloads from the eStore supposed to take a year and then some? Grabbing Mario Kart 7 over the office wifi and either this game is like 9 gigs or there's something wrong here. It's been 10 minutes and it's only 1/10th done. I'm on the same wifi and it's fine.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Downloads are pretty slow on regular 3DS. New 3DS is supposed to be a lot faster.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, I had to re-download MH4U (a fairly big game) and the New handled it pretty quick.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

They'll probably be unique files. NFC chips have a pathetically tiny amount of space as is.

I wonder if anyone has implanted the NFC chip from their Amiibo into their wrist yet. This is Japan we're talking about.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Fryhtaning posted:

I wonder if anyone has implanted the NFC chip from their Amiibo into their wrist yet. This is Japan we're talking about.

But Americans did it first.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Lemming posted:

Downloads are pretty slow on regular 3DS. New 3DS is supposed to be a lot faster.

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I had to re-download MH4U (a fairly big game) and the New handled it pretty quick.

Huh, I've got a brand new New and it's crawling. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to coincidence :)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Purple Monkey posted:

Is Monster Hunter worth getting if you're probably only going to play it single player?

to make up for the lack of other players, in singleplayer you can recruit and outfit friendly kitties to hunt monsters with, and you can set up their equipment to modify their AI and so on to tailor them for your playstyle. so it's still good.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

corn in the bible posted:

to make up for the lack of other players, in singleplayer you can recruit and outfit friendly kitties to hunt monsters with, and you can set up their equipment to modify their AI and so on to tailor them for your playstyle. so it's still good.

Wait...does that mean the Animal Crossing DLC is actually about Isabelle killing monsters? Or is there a difference between the fighting kitties and whichever one the DLC replaces.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

isabelle will be by your side smacking rathian in the face

that dlc isnt out here yet though

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

mycot posted:

Wait...does that mean the Animal Crossing DLC is actually about Isabelle killing monsters? Or is there a difference between the fighting kitties and whichever one the DLC replaces.

The cat is wearing an armor/skin that makes it look like Isabelle with that DLC.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my main cat right now is in a mario suit with a big hammer

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mycot posted:

isabelle will murder a giant dinosaur with your assistance

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Do the DS flash carts that happened to work on the 3DS (basically the DSTWO and the R4i 3DS RTS) still work on the New 3DS? I am right in the middle of Metal Gear Solid for GBC.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

isabelle will murder a giant dinosaur with your assistance

Like this pretty much:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

When can I hunt monsters with my friend Isabelle.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Did anyone get that Ace Combat game that also came out last week? It really got overshadowed by Monster Hunter and Zelda but it seems like something that could be good.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Can someone give me some as spoiler-free help as possible for Majora's Mask? (I have no idea how I didn't play this when it was first released.) So I've got the Bomber's Notebook and have filled it up with people who I've met and it shows a timeline for each of them, but how do I get the game to populate those timelines with events I can do? Presumably, for each person in your Bomber's Notebook you will have subsequent mini-quests to do for them at a specific time on a specific day... But how do you figure that out? I just finished the swamp temple and the game is telling me to head to the mountain temple but I feel like I'm missing a ton of stuff not exploring interacting with the NPCs in the world throughout the three days. (Like I don't have Epona, only have one bottle, etc.)

I'm trying to avoid just following a GameFAQs guide for this as it's pretty refreshing playing a Zelda game with no idea what's happening but I feel like I'm spinning my wheels in the mud looking for extra stuff which maybe I just don't have access to yet?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

io_burn posted:

Can someone give me some as spoiler-free help as possible for Majora's Mask? (I have no idea how I didn't play this when it was first released.) So I've got the Bomber's Notebook and have filled it up with people who I've met and it shows a timeline for each of them, but how do I get the game to populate those timelines with events I can do? Presumably, for each person in your Bomber's Notebook you will have subsequent mini-quests to do for them at a specific time on a specific day... But how do you figure that out? I just finished the swamp temple and the game is telling me to head to the mountain temple but I feel like I'm missing a ton of stuff not exploring interacting with the NPCs in the world throughout the three days. (Like I don't have Epona, only have one bottle, etc.)

I'm trying to avoid just following a GameFAQs guide for this as it's pretty refreshing playing a Zelda game with no idea what's happening but I feel like I'm spinning my wheels in the mud looking for extra stuff which maybe I just don't have access to yet?

Theres stuff you can do now, but for a lot of it you need more items. You should be fine beating the next dungeon and everything that involves and then doing side stuff.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
After clearing each dungeon a bunch more side-stuff opens up (because you've "cleansed the area" so to speak) - a lot of the events you'll just stumble upon
What's best for you to do right now is explore - getting a few masks, all of the minigames in the town should be open to you now, you should just stumble upon a bunch of heart pieces scattered around from a lot of those events.
Once you get bored with wandering around aimlessly, go to the next dungeon, rinse, repeat

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Policenaut posted:

When can I hunt monsters with my friend Isabelle.
Right now you can only choose between Mario OR Luigi, and that's hosed up in my opinion.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

io_burn posted:

Talk to the Bombers on each new cycle. If they make the animation of running up to you without your transformation masks on, they have rumors to give you to find more sidequests.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I don't feel too bad about using a walkthrough for Majora's Mask sidequests because I've only finished one temple and some of the side stuff has been fairly obtuse.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I think I need help, I want to try out all of these great games on my new 3DS, but everything I pick it up its always "One more round of Rusty's Real Deal Baseball." drat you Rusty and your hosed up home life.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

RichterIX posted:

Do the DS flash carts that happened to work on the 3DS (basically the DSTWO and the R4i 3DS RTS) still work on the New 3DS? I am right in the middle of Metal Gear Solid for GBC.

I can't speak for the r4i, but the dstwo works.

My questions is: is nintendo banning DS flash carts as well as gateway cards, or is it just gateway cards?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Just found a pre-owned copy of Kid Icarus at my gamestop. Now I can finally try it out:toot:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I can't speak for the r4i, but the dstwo works.

My questions is: is nintendo banning DS flash carts as well as gateway cards, or is it just gateway cards?

I just wanna play All-Stars on my new XL. That's all anyone wants.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Just found a pre-owned copy of Kid Icarus at my gamestop. Now I can finally try it out:toot:

Depending on how many shits you give, you could return it and I could give you a download code for $20. But, if you actually care, that's for another thread.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I found my missing-for-a-year copy of Kid Icarus last night while getting club Nintendo papers. Congrats, man, it's good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Red Robin Hood posted:

What's wrong with the c stick nipple? I kind of like it. Works just fine for me... been playing MH4.

It is way way too stiff to be useful or used at all, really

I'm actually having trouble figuring out if it's just like this or if I have a defect on my console (according to Nintendo it's not supposed to be *that* stiff)

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

C Stick is great. Been playing monster hunter for hours without issue.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Volt Catfish posted:

It is way way too stiff to be useful or used at all, really

I'm actually having trouble figuring out if it's just like this or if I have a defect on my console (according to Nintendo it's not supposed to be *that* stiff)

It doesn't actually move.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Gao posted:

You should get an email, though you can always call/get in their support chat and double check what's going on if you're worried about how long it's taking.

I actually did call them yesterday for an update. They said everything is good on their end from Friday's call, they are just backed up due to this problem being commonplace right now with the system launch. He did say it should happen anytime since its going on 4 days now. Still no system transfer as of today though which sucks. I'm ready to buy some digital stuff!

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

C Stick is great. Been playing monster hunter for hours without issue.

I agree, tried it out in both monster hunter and metal gear, seems fine to me

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is there anyway to change the button mapping on MGS3D? Using ZL and ZR to aim and shoot sucks.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Potentially Stupid Question: Is there a way to transfer the data from an old SD card to a Micro SD card without a Micro SD card adapter? I'm at work and want to do the transfer here but my Micro SD adapter is at home.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Potentially Stupid Question: Is there a way to transfer the data from an old SD card to a Micro SD card without a Micro SD card adapter? I'm at work and want to do the transfer here but my small adapter is at home.

Yes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Okay, and how..? You need to drag and drop the data from the old SD card to the new one but I can't connect it to my laptop without the adapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You know you can move data to and from the 3ds with your pc over wifi right? It's in the OP GOSH