Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

With how long and passive EL games are going I'm kinda surprised Rekkles only is picking Graves, over something that scales better into the late game.

Granted he knows more than I do on AD carry but it still surprises me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think most of Europe considers Graves to be the #1 AD Carry right now and worth picking over all others in almost all circumstances so that if it is open it is picked basically.

I actually agree with Europeans on that.

However, Koreans prefer Corki overwhelmingly over all others. Probably because he has the absolute fastest power spike in the game in that role.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Flipswitch posted:

With how long and passive EL games are going I'm kinda surprised Rekkles only is picking Graves, over something that scales better into the late game.

Granted he knows more than I do on AD carry but it still surprises me.

He picks Graves so he can ult from safely 50 teemos behind everyone and snipe kills & assists.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Jerkface posted:

You guys know what should happen though, EL Alex Ich!

I would actually watch and like Elementz if they picked up Alex Ich. :unsmith:

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
I'm torn on Corki-Graves personally. Corki is obviously phenomenal as long as the game is (effectively) over in the first 30-35 minutes. Graves isn't an amazing laner, but he has burst that can completely turn around some weird early-mid/mid game situations that don't need picture perfect team fight positioning, just great ults at a very long range. It makes sense with how much the West is loving to play these hard engage-y supports and team comps. I've been swamped with a bunch of work, too much to follow everything that's going on, but I assume the :airquote: LCK :airquote: doesn't go into the late games where Corki falls off into uselessness.

Anyway, with with Kev1n making a vlog of becoming an Elements player I guess that can be confirmed right about now.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Actually nuts to El Alex Ich. If C9 is really holding tryouts like was rumored a few pages back (I think?) then give me C9 Alex Ich. I'm pretty sure he's one of the only mids in the world who could just slot in for Hai as a shotcaller and be reasonably expected to do well.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Ihki posted:

I'm torn on Corki-Graves personally. Corki is obviously phenomenal as long as the game is (effectively) over in the first 30-35 minutes. Graves isn't an amazing laner, but he has burst that can completely turn around some weird early-mid/mid game situations that don't need picture perfect team fight positioning, just great ults at a very long range. It makes sense with how much the West is loving to play these hard engage-y supports and team comps. I've been swamped with a bunch of work, too much to follow everything that's going on, but I assume the :airquote: LCK :airquote: doesn't go into the late games where Corki falls off into uselessness.

Anyway, with with Kev1n making a vlog of becoming an Elements player I guess that can be confirmed right about now.

Pray had an interesting build in one of the Corki games this weekend that went really late where he built muramana so he was doing insane damage per auto.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm surprised Muramana isn't more popular on Corki. 720 isn't a very big itemzation delay, and I feel that Corki really has trouble finding itemization after Triforce anyway. In addition, I'm pretty sure that Unlimited mana in lane would really change his dynamic.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

NTT posted:

I'm surprised Muramana isn't more popular on Corki. 720 isn't a very big itemzation delay, and I feel that Corki really has trouble finding itemization after Triforce anyway. In addition, I'm pretty sure that Unlimited mana in lane would really change his dynamic.

You'll still get outscaled, but your power spike will be later?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Disinterested posted:

You'll still get outscaled, but your power spike will be later?

Muramana provides a pretty good late game presence actually! You shouldn't discount it.

I don't know Corki's base mana values, but Muramana works really well with Triforce since the mana pool double dips for the active.

This makes me want to try out my double sheen + manamune build on Corki now...

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

NTT posted:

Muramana provides a pretty good late game presence actually! You shouldn't discount it.

Yeah but you're still going to get outscaled by an autoattacker. It definitely makes your damage types even more magic-slanted though, so it could be good where you have a lot of AD.

Teams pick Corki to poo poo damage in early sieges and drag fights, if he dumps the 700 gold for tear he loses a lot of that advantage.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Disinterested posted:

Yeah but you're still going to get outscaled by an autoattacker. It definitely makes your damage types even more magic-slanted though, so it could be good where you have a lot of AD.

What the gently caress are you talking about, Muramana gives AD, and the active gives you bonus physical damage.

Tear will delay Corki's damage slightly early, but the extra mana it gives him to spam his abilities won't exactly cripple him.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

NTT posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about, Muramana gives AD, and the active gives you bonus physical damage.

Oh, my bad, I thought it still gave magic for some reason. Ignore point on itemisation. Still makes no difference to the main point.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I think it would be fine in solo queue but not for the scenarios these teams play in. They need Corki to 1-item the Triforce as fast as possible and then take the entire map the moment that happens. That's the whole reason Corki is so popular. Literally as soon as he completes the Triforce in these games they are rushing Dragon, Inner Turrets, team fights, whatever they can find, and Corki wrecks any comparable champion at that point in the game.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Disinterested posted:

Oh, my bad, I thought it still gave magic for some reason. Ignore point on itemisation. Still makes no difference to the main point.

Corki's mana pool at 18 is around ~950, compared to Ezreal's 1076. With Triforce feeding into the Muramana, the active gives you about 120 bonus damage at full mana. With a Fist, that bonus damage climbs to 145. It's a nontrivial amount of bonus damage on hit, and Corki -is- severely gated by mana, especially after his last nerf to W.

937 base mana
200 Trinity Force
1000 Muramana
500 Fist

That all combines to give you 2637 mana, which gives you a bonus 52 AD on the passive, giving the total AD for the slot 77. Compared to something like Infinity Edge and Bloodthirster, which sit at 80, that's pretty good! The active consumes 3% to deal 6% of your current mana, so the first attack would deal a whopping 156 bonus physical damage, obviously scaling down as you get lower in mana but certainly doesn't disappear.
I don't know if you've ever seen an Ezreal Q and then and Ezreal Q with Muramana on, but the difference is pretty incredible. it's a -lot- of damage and just looking at the numbers I could totally see it becoming a relevant build.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 18, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Libertine posted:

I think it would be fine in solo queue but not for the scenarios these teams play in. They need Corki to 1-item the Triforce as fast as possible and then take the entire map the moment that happens. That's the whole reason Corki is so popular. Literally as soon as he completes the Triforce in these games they are rushing Dragon, Inner Turrets, team fights, whatever they can find, and Corki wrecks any comparable champion at that point in the game.

There's also the problem that unless you follow a highly regimented build (bork into IE into a whisper and more AD) Corki absolutely falls off a cliff later. The support structure for manamune really calls for a frosty fist but you can't swing it because then your rockets hit for jack and poo poo worth of damage and the only scaling they have is funneling more AD into them (the AP you get is a pittance and doesn't make up the loss). Corki's actually got pretty good endgame damage if he can build offensively, but in most pro games he just cannot afford it because he needs a banshees or QSS or whatever pretty early, and it takes a huge amount of time to farm up enough to turn that slot deficit around.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Double Sheen is bonkers Bond. You will never see anyone build that in competitive. I don't know why you build it or advocate it. Corki gets no power spike if he builds all that mana. He's not gated by mana if he's played correctly, and he's only Valking once per fight with it's Rank 1 cooldown anyways.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I have played 0 games of double sheen Corki, but I've played more games than I can count of double sheen Ez and I gotta say I really like the build man. Getting both the phage movement speed and the fist slow with a meaty sheen proc is really good.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
He advocates double sheen because he's a giant doofus with awesome mechanics

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It works at the elo I play at, it's not just pub stomping man :shrug:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Never ever ever ever listen to what high-level ADCs say unless they're regurgitating what their coaches or supports tell them

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
:negative:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

If you were playing in Korea Bond the coaches would give you 1200 gold worth of lashes as soon as that second Sheen showed up in your inventory.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Yeah no it's still bad. I mean it might be better if you want to scale on Corki, but if you're trying to outscale on Corki in professional you just made a game-losing mistake.

He doesn't have the advantages Ezreal has of being pretty much the only ADC able to 1v5. So you have to build something that gives DPS after triforce to continue snowballing with your absurd triforce power spike.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ihki posted:

Interesting. I thought people were choosing Graves because he laned pretty well against every pick used now in addition to the giant burst.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Hypocrisy posted:

Interesting. I thought people were choosing Graves because he laned pretty well against every pick used now in addition to the giant burst.

Especially with lane swaps where you can end up getting back into the 2v2 with a BF Sword so Graves will do bonkers damage with his full combo.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Jerkface posted:

Pray had an interesting build in one of the Corki games this weekend that went really late where he built muramana so he was doing insane damage per auto.

That sounded really cool but inexplicable so I tried taking a look at it: are you sure it wasn't Bang's Ezreal in SKT vs GET game 3 or something ? I couldn't find a Corki building Muramana digging through the week 4 & 5 VODs. Maybe I'm blind and stupid, wouldn't be the first time :shobon:

e:

Hypocrisy posted:

Bot is easily my worst lane so perhaps I'm mistaken here in how I won't rate Graves' laning that highly, but I don't. He averages as OK, which I guess you're rightly saying, but he's far from dominant in lane. His wave clear is great for not getting in trouble in spots where many other ADCs get their tower pushed in. I feel this is much of why he manages early laning better than his auto attack range issues would imply.

Yet whatever all that means, as said above: once he gets into the "gosh, this ult+dash+Buckshot does a lot of damage!" mode after that BF Sword, things start happening. With supports that are great at early game hard engage Leona, he can make it work even earlier I guess?

Ihki fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 18, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Ihki posted:

That sounded really cool but inexplicable so I tried taking a look at it: are you sure it wasn't Bang's Ezreal in SKT vs GET game 3 or something ? I couldn't find a Corki building Muramana digging through the week 4 & 5 VODs. Maybe I'm blind and stupid, wouldn't be the first time :shobon:

I did the same thing and couldn't find it, maybe it was a different game I was looking at. I could have swore in some professional game this week a Corki had the muramana twinkle and was owning people. A blue side Corki because I recall the item being on the left. Or I just imagined a new innovation and a team should hire me to be their coach.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's the little things that put Koreans so far ahead the other regions.

GE Tigers vs SKT T1: Bengi just walks around a bunch of Kalista sentinels making it look safe to GE.

Fantasy players: You almost certainly want to draft Kev1n who was the top-scoring player in his lane last season.

By the way, the Fantasy thread has less than two full pages half-way through the split so you'll just have to deal with it next split, nerds. It's not getting enough posts once the season starts to need a whole thread and it's not anymore distracting than a derail about Piglet's attitude is.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 18, 2015

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I actually had to hold back posts whining about people talking about fantasy this weekend. It's so dumb.

What's dumb you ask? Both of those things.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I think switching out Wickd is a step in the right direction, though in many ways I'd say it's largely a small measure unless they fix how they make decisions while in the game. There have been comments from parts of the team that it's Froggen making a lot of the decisions, which works ok when they're ahead and completely falls apart when they're behind. It's possible to see this in almost all those types of games, as they suddenly go into super passive mode and wait for that mistake that they can capitalise on. Major problem is that against the better teams this just doesn't happen. C9 vs. Alliance at worlds is what I'd consider the quintessential example of this.

I don't think Kevin can be a bad change, but there are many more changes that are required for Elements to become a world class team. Given that Froggen is the last vestiges of the CLG.eu team that I supported what feels like so long ago, I'm really hoping that at some points he manages to reach his goal.

Edit: Oh, uhh... the idea that they're replacing Wickd because his aggressive playstyle doesn't fit with the passive way that Froggen and Rekkles play has to be false, please let it be false. Toq uote some guy on the reddit thread about it:

quote:

Oh thank God they are getting someone to match Froggin and Rekkles passive style, whenever I watch EL games I say to myself, "woah, this is way too exciting, these guys need to take it down a notch"

Khaba fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 18, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The thing with replacing Wickd is that even if the replacement doesnt work that well it opens the door to more replacements. Wickd + Froggen was so entrenched in Froggen's career and the formation of Alliance that just admitting there is a problem and benching Wickd opens the door. EL is not going to be beholden to KEV1N. If a better top laner comes around it will be much easier to now dump KEV1N than it would have been if they were committed to making it work with Wickd.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I think they'd be better off with KEV3N instead. Don't want to spoil anything but lets just say if you see an adult man in LCS soon it might be someone you know....

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I think they'd be better off with KEV3N instead. Don't want to spoil anything but lets just say if you see an adult man in LCS soon it might be someone you know....

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

If only... :allears:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Benching Wickd is something that needed to happen, but it didn't need to happen more than fixing a bad attitude towards coaches and other staff.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Failboattootoot posted:

Benching Wickd is something that needed to happen, but it didn't need to happen more than fixing a bad attitude towards coaches and other staff.

Wickd was apparently a huge contributor to said attitude so this may be a 2 for 1 situation.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

It's the little things that put Koreans so far ahead the other regions.

GE Tigers vs SKT T1: Bengi just walks around a bunch of Kalista sentinels making it look safe to GE.

Fantasy players: You almost certainly want to draft Kev1n who was the top-scoring player in his lane last season.

By the way, the Fantasy thread has less than two full pages half-way through the split so you'll just have to deal with it next split, nerds. It's not getting enough posts once the season starts to need a whole thread and it's not anymore distracting than a derail about Piglet's attitude is.

I love the commentators on that game while they watched that.They actually started calling it metal gear solid and apologising for calling Bang terrible.

Also, part of me wishes I could play Fantasy but I can't... I literally have no friends who play League.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I have two friends who play League, so I did the next best thing and joined a fantasy league with random goons. Try it! It's great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Elements is a poo poo show:

Froggen posted:

Is it perhaps a weakness for you sometimes, to play the games so slowly?

– Yeah, just because you have your style of playing doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good. Before you even get to your style there’s a laning phase and right now we don’t really have a lot of playmakers. If you look at our team last year we had Tabzz instead of Rekkles and he’s more of a playmaker. I remember in one of the games against Fnatic when Tabzz was playing Kog’Maw and Rekkles was playing Vayne and it was basically Tabzz shot calling the entire game because he knew what to do. That kind of thing we don’t really have anymore. But I think we’re trying to work more as a team right now. The problem is what we have to do as a team, because our team fights are actually decent most of the time so we got that going for us. Mostly we lose because we take bad decisions and end up in a bad situation.

I just can't stand them.

• Locked thread