Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm kinda regretting swearing fealty to byz in my Rome republic game because all the money they making off me is making them unstoppable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

One good faction is all I need...I have a single male claimant in my court with a weak claim and a bunch of kids in other courts from my epic seduction of byz princesses.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
yeah i found in my Naples -> RE game becoming a vassal is more trouble than its worth. but now im regretting it since the byz went theocracy and i gotta take it piece by piece

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think if I get a strong faction off, I will be able to use my riches to beat them. The key is to not go too prematurely just because of how long it has taken to set up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Any time someone asks how to fight a blob in Games, multiple different people come up with the best console commands to do it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That god-awful Ireland game I posted on like page 5 of the thread is the real way to beat the united Caliphate. Just don't be a pussy and smash them with your troops. Land holy orders if they ask. Make as many vassals as humanly possible members of your dynasty, even the baronies, because dynasty members usually like you more than random yahoos. Plus if they usurp you, who gives a poo poo. You'll get it back eventually. I only ran into trouble when I got a lovely 0 martial rear end in a top hat from Tanisty, but Crusader traits and stuff would usually make them decent.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Average Bear posted:

yeah i found in my Naples -> RE game becoming a vassal is more trouble than its worth. but now im regretting it since the byz went theocracy and i gotta take it piece by piece

What? They're led by the Orthodox Patriarch? How can that even happen?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

zeal posted:

What? They're led by the Orthodox Patriarch? How can that even happen?

Sometimes he can inherit (or the title will be destroyed from tribal invasion and then recreated), turning the ERE into a theocracy.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

SeaTard posted:

Sometimes he can inherit (or the title will be destroyed from tribal invasion and then recreated), turning the ERE into a theocracy.

yeah. The Byzantines got turned seniority, and the eldest member of the ruling family was the EPoC (who had vassals of his own beforehand). So once he inherited the ERE, it turned open elective like any church holding.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Average Bear posted:

yeah. The Byzantines got turned seniority, and the eldest member of the ruling family was the EPoC (who had vassals of his own beforehand). So once he inherited the ERE, it turned open elective like any church holding.

tbh its a funny as hell result were it on a LP or something

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's stupid that the laws get changed to church succession just because a priest inherits it. IMO it should only do that if there's no other valid heirs, like he's the last dynasty member or something.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

It's stupid that the laws get changed to church succession just because a priest inherits it. IMO it should only do that if there's no other valid heirs, like he's the last dynasty member or something.

it's already possible for titles to have different inheritance laws so i don't see why it would be a big problem for paradox to change it so for this example the byzantine empire would still be feudal seniority even though the current holder is the ecumenical patriarch. this would also fix the problem of "welp you inherited a bishopric or city somehow, game over". that said given paradox's track record with changing CK2 they'd probably manage to gently caress it up by making all feudal titles open elective or something.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i know we've said it a lot in just the last few pages but jesus christ have the EU4 devs teach the CK2 devs to not suck rear end at their job.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i'm not gay or anyhting but i'd totes suck johan's cock off ha ha ha not on a faggy way though hahaha

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i'm not gay or anyhting but i'd totes suck johan's cock off ha ha ha not on a faggy way though hahaha

haha man i know id love to kiss him out of gratitude, hey ill do it on the lips whatever haha

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You're lucky I'm on my phone right know or else I would report this post so hard your gay little head would spin right off.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You're lucky I'm on my phone right know or else I would report this post so hard your gay little head would spin right off.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Do games posters realize that a republic in ck2 is no more free or influenced by the people than a feudal monarchy, why are people so proud of their Irish britannian Republic maps

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Whoa, are the Irish isles in the earliest start of CK2 different than they used to be? It seems like they are tribal now from what my friend is telling me.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

GreyPowerVan posted:

Whoa, are the Irish isles in the earliest start of CK2 different than they used to be? It seems like they are tribal now from what my friend is telling me.

Yeah they're tribal. Some people don't like that but it's kinda fun IMO. You get to mess around with different mechanics for a while and can easily go feudal or republic since you're already catholic.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Yeah they're tribal. Some people don't like that but it's kinda fun IMO. You get to mess around with different mechanics for a while and can easily go feudal or republic since you're already catholic.

Interesting, I might actually have to play them now.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
it kinda sucks how late game ck2 starts running so badly

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

sexy mouse posted:

it kinda sucks how late game ck2 starts running so badly

I wonder if you could mod it somehow so that the black death would retain normal (or maybe slightly buffed) lethality for landed rulers but annihilate the swarms of useless courtiers and weak claimed castoffs that end up overwhelming the game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That would be sweet.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah at 1220 right now and saves take like 10 seconds.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Soo close to putting my guy on ERE throne...young guy took over and I got a 200 plot to kill him and his heir is female, which means I should be able to outright declare war against him. Too bad I can't make a faction for myself.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How exactly do you do the Roman Republic thing. Do you just seduce women with claims until you inherit your republic as someone with a claim?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

How exactly do you do the Roman Republic thing. Do you just seduce women with claims until you inherit your republic as someone with a claim?

Basically yeah. Sometimes you can invite princesses to court to marry to your dudes which is good because the kids will stay in your court.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The new seduction focus is win as heck.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Master seducer is really good too since oyu just use the special seduction move and it works instantly.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've yet to even try all the focuses too since the ones I use are in support of something specific I want to do. I wish war wasn't so poo poo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hunting>Seduction>Rulership>Theology>>>>>>>>>>>>>War. Dunno about the others.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I sat on war focus for like 15 years when WoL came out and didnt get a single event... but Business and Rulership gave me tons. WTF devs.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Scholarship gives a guaranteed lifestyle and or learning bonuses through a decision to build an observatory. You can also get the necronomicon which is win. Too bad learning it useless lol

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I wanna see more melting pot cultures like Norman. HIP has like Norse-Gael which sounds like a white supremacists wet dream and probably is the result of it. I usually play a Greek so it would be cool to see hellenized versions of cultures.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I want my mother to die so I can inherit her claim. She's like 70 years old and healthy as a horse.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hm Byz is weaker than it's ever been after failed war against the caliph...I'm 50 year old Doge first born son of a byz princess...*turns to mum* Ok, human being, you can die now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Aaaah 75 years old. DIe Die! Die you old bitch!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Do you guys like going to max crown law or only high? I usually stick at high because I like having my vassals slaughter each other (and also expand outside the realm without me doing anything)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Vassals cannot declare war at all on high crown authority.