Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing

McDowell posted:

You can get KOTOR on Android now :eyepop:

I did this and it's not half bad but you're still playing a 12 year old Xbox game with touch controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

McDowell posted:

You can get KOTOR on Android now :eyepop:

It's official, technology has made me feel old.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Well that's my valentines weekend sorted. :)

:smith:

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Kazy posted:

Wasn't Jabba an outlier deviant because he had bipedal slave girls and not like other slugs?

Then again I don't know if that's true or not it's something I heard in earlier SW threads on the forums but that's it.

Yes, but of course Voga the hutt from Kotor 2 also had to love bipedal slave girls.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

dog buttz posted:

Yes, but of course Voga the hutt from Kotor 2 also had to love bipedal slave girls.

I think you could make the female party members dance for him too.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i would play a star wars moba

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

muscles like this? posted:

Force Unleashed 2 was a victim of Lucasarts shutting down. It was the bare minimum of a game and right after the release they shut down the studio.

The voice actor is so petulant and angsty that he sounds like Chris Griffin throwing a tantrum all the way through. That would make the game way better, honestly.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

SaltLick posted:

i would play a star wars moba

I would be R2D2 all the time

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

theironjef posted:

The voice actor is so petulant and angsty that he sounds like Chris Griffin throwing a tantrum all the way through. That would make the game way better, honestly.

I think he loving nailed the "YOU KILLED ME!?" line in the first game where he's baffled/angry/upset and shocked at having been brutally murdered in an elaborate triple cross mind game where it turned out he was just fine and dandy after all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09n1YLuWfug&t=170s

I can hear the Chris Griffin in there though.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

yub yub commander

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think he loving nailed the "YOU KILLED ME!?" line in the first game where he's baffled/angry/upset and shocked at having been brutally murdered in an elaborate triple cross mind game where it turned out he was just fine and dandy after all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09n1YLuWfug&t=170s

I can hear the Chris Griffin in there though.

We must assemble a rebellion to distract the Emperor so that I can betray him, which is a thing I am not doing because I am still allied with the Emperor.

How can you not love these games?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

We must assemble a rebellion to distract the Emperor so that I can betray him, which is a thing I am not doing because I am still allied with the Emperor.

Well if you assemble all the rebellious people into one spot you can just blow them up with a death star or something, which is a really efficient usage of tax money I tell you what.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
no we already determined it was more efficient to just use a star destroyer actually

gonna guess it was the unions that were responsible for the death star tho, its kind of like the big dig of space stations

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
the force unleashed is one of the very dumbest EU things next to the glove of darth vader and ruins the OT more than the prequels could have dreamed of

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm so glad it's not canon anymore

lol for real if you care what is canon or not

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing

Gammatron 64 posted:

the force unleashed is one of the very dumbest EU things next to the glove of darth vader and ruins the OT more than the prequels could have dreamed of

Worth making GBS threads on the entire universe to smash an AT-ST into a cube and throw Darth 'Big Daddy' Vades around like a ragdoll

It's basically Star Wars: Super Saiyan Power Fantasy Edition

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Kasonic posted:

Worth making GBS threads on the entire universe to smash an AT-ST into a cube and throw Darth 'Big Daddy' Vades around like a ragdoll

It's basically Star Wars: Super Saiyan Power Fantasy Edition

pretty much

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
This is the best force unleashed thing. The one about "how did Bob die?" Is pretty good too.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/01

I really wish more games paid for euphoria engine. Watching computer dudes cling to things for dear life is great.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cyberball 2072 posted:

This is the best force unleashed thing. The one about "how did Bob die?" Is pretty good too.

I really wish more games paid for euphoria engine. Watching computer dudes cling to things for dear life is great.

I remember seeing the tech demo being some Indiana Jones thing and it got me so excited.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

It's plot twists all the way down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Apparently the issue with Euphoria is that its a bitch to use. You have to build an engine around it instead of just plugging it in. That's pretty much why the only company that still uses it is Rockstar.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

david... posted:

The best thing they did with force unleashed were the what ifs where Vader sends you to Hoth to murder Luke in empire

You also get to throw Obi wan into the Falcon's engine, fight his ghost, kill Chewbacca and Hans on Endor and fight jedi Leia. poo poo was dope.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

FU2 gets worst. Choose the ending to kill Vader, you'd get stabbed by your invisible evil clone that have been following you this whole time under the command of Darth Vader and then Vader releases another starkiller clone to get him to complete the objectives for him.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

some say I'm really unfair towards force unleashed because I played the wii version and not the one on xbox

game WAS pretty fuckin bad, though

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

The death Star project failed because of lazy teamsters.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Sheev"

What a lame name for an awesome dude.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

some say I'm really unfair towards force unleashed because I played the wii version and not the one on xbox

game WAS pretty fuckin bad, though

The other games were WTF, the Wiii version was the drizzling shits.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Hingehead posted:

You also get to throw Obi wan into the Falcon's engine, fight his ghost, kill Chewbacca and Hans on Endor and fight jedi Leia. poo poo was dope.

Noo, not Hans Olo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oJtwi43Yds

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duck Yeah like these are real. :rolleyes:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

As real as

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quadduck
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pelikki

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 25, 2015

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Here is one of the first things that shows up in Wookieepedia's Good Articles list:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ludo_Kressh%27s_pedicure_set

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Even though Star Destroyer hucking in Force Unleashed was bad remember that the Empire tried to get its poo poo together in Darksabre and attacked Yavin IV with a 'we aren't fuckin around anymore fleet' only to have most of that fleet hucked by a bunch of baby jedi trainees that all linked hands and prayed real hard. The fleet was hucked so far that just getting back to Yavin 4 took long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

hard counter posted:

Even though Star Destroyer hucking in Force Unleashed was bad remember that the Empire tried to get its poo poo together in Darksabre and attacked Yavin IV with a 'we aren't fuckin around anymore fleet' only to have most of that fleet hucked by a bunch of baby jedi trainees that all linked hands and prayed real hard. The fleet was hucked so far that just getting back to Yavin 4 took long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

You'd think that it would actually require less energy to use the force to smash a star destroyer flat than to literally drag it out of the sky slowly and against it's will.

Then again you'd also think that using the force to throw a fleet of star destroyers across a star system in a matter of seconds would smash the entire fleet flat as pancakes.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I think the time in the books that they moved a fleet, one of the Jedi apprentices actually melted to death from the exertion.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

I think the time in the books that they moved a fleet, one of the Jedi apprentices actually melted to death from the exertion.

dork 359

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

If we're gonna talk about the weird poo poo at Lucasarts then you have to include this story. Tldr lucasarts had some reorganisation and the new guy in charge of Battlefront 3 decided to kill the project, and stopped paying Free Radical to prevent them suing Lucasarts once they broke the contract.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a new Darth Vader comic that started recently that's not too bad. It starts a little bit after the end of Episode IV and has Vader going around looking into Luke, trying to find out who he is.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

muscles like this? posted:

There's a new Darth Vader comic that started recently that's not too bad. It starts a little bit after the end of Episode IV and has Vader going around looking into Luke, trying to find out who he is.

That's sounds neat, like people who knew Luke being interviewed and Vader finding out what his hobbies and interests are then really re-thinking that telescope as a gift? Maybe talking with one of the moffs about being a dad?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Vader learns the details of the Zelda Timeline only to find out Luke doesn't care about that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That's sounds neat, like people who knew Luke being interviewed and Vader finding out what his hobbies and interests are then really re-thinking that telescope as a gift? Maybe talking with one of the moffs about being a dad?

Oh that reminds me of this:

It's cute :3:

• Locked thread