Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I thought new 3DS XLs were supposed to come with a new vertical dock. Guess not. Do they sell those already somewhere? They look neat and I want one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

I thought new 3DS XLs were supposed to come with a new vertical dock. Guess not. Do they sell those already somewhere? They look neat and I want one.

At the moment you'll have to import or buy it from eBay. They're not out in NA yet, not even the online Nintendo store has it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Skeezy posted:

Honestly Nintendo just does a Direct whenever they want. They could announce games whenever they want.

I thought Nintendo Directs were at least quarterly with specific game Directs (Smash, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X) being random.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are the last two (Japanese) Sega menu themes: Master System and Game Gear!

BGM: Master System BIOS music (ie Space Harrier), FM version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZVCrRzU1rI

BGM: "Green Hills" tune from Sonic 2 GG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLeTuZQuYQ

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

When's the next event where Nintendo will announce it's next batch of games. Maybe there will be something exciting that makes me watch to jump. Now it's just vague promises of a new fire emblem.

I play a lot of 3DS and I pretty much have 2015 spoken for with what I already have and know for sure are coming out this year. I'm even discovering that I love some games I never expected to like. The 3DS library is absolutely loaded right now.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

People with glasses that are having issues with the Super Stable 3D, try this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994007

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fryhtaning posted:

I play a lot of 3DS and I pretty much have 2015 spoken for with what I already have and know for sure are coming out this year. I'm even discovering that I love some games I never expected to like. The 3DS library is absolutely loaded right now.

I'm more talking about new games that would require me to get a n3ds.

I'm not a MH fan and I'm more then halfway through MM without it. no coming soon games made me think "I need to play that on a n3ds." But maybe they will announce some.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there some weird giant repository of every 3DS theme?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

It's pretty much all on YouTube so they can show off how they look and sound.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I couldn't find anything on the US Nintendo site, but the UK site has all the themes avaible in PAL regions, and I don't think they're too dissimilar.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here are the last two (Japanese) Sega menu themes: Master System and Game Gear!

BGM: Master System BIOS music (ie Space Harrier), FM version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZVCrRzU1rI

BGM: "Green Hills" tune from Sonic 2 GG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLeTuZQuYQ

Forget about the themes, I want a n3ds with that snes button color layout like in those videos. :eyepop:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Speaking of themes, I felt obligated to buy the Gold MM theme so the inside matches the outside

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I get this when I attempt to play plex video, any thoughts??

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Play monster hunter

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Another confused system transferrer piping in.

I've watched the video and am confused why I would remove SD cards and use the computer after they were already transferring data.

Also, I have a 32 gig card that I used in my old phone. I want to use that. Can I just plop it in to start or do I have to use the card that is in there first?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Another confused system transferrer piping in.

I've watched the video and am confused why I would remove SD cards and use the computer after they were already transferring data.

Also, I have a 32 gig card that I used in my old phone. I want to use that. Can I just plop it in to start or do I have to use the card that is in there first?

No, do the transfer first. Say Yes to the type of SD card you're using, let it transfer then take it out and move the data on the SD card to the 32GB microSD card and put it in the New system. Done.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Literally follow the video you idiots. It's designed so even a child can transfer data between children toys.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i followed the instructions the nintendos showed on their four total screens and everything moved from one to the other fine and i don't understand all these confused posts

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

"So should I stick the SD card up my butthole and jam the micro SD card in my piss hole during the transfer? The video that talks to me like a child wasn't very clear"

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

"So should I stick the SD card up my butthole and jam the micro SD card in my piss hole during the transfer? The video that talks to me like a child wasn't very clear"

Oh, wait. Definitely do this. It's much easier.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If you really want to, run the video through Subler or whatever the windows equivalent is. It'll re-container the whole thing and transcode the audio. The video content will be untouched but you'll lose any surround audio. It's basically what you do to play files on iOS without licensed audio codecs.

There might be a way to make a transcoding profile for the 3DS browser, but the 3DS isn't showing in my Plex device history, even though every other browser I've ever used to connect is there.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Wild Knight posted:

I don't understand what all of the fuss about system transfers was, my MM came today, I did the transfer, used my PC to copy files from my 32gb SD card to a new 32gb microSD card, put it in the new 3ds when it prompted, and I was done, just like the last three times I've done this process.

The normal SD card to micro, the wording and numerous options are throwing people off and they're worried about potentially losing data. I get it.

Question: doing transfer now, I copied the original card's data to my laptop. I chose the "low capacity transfer" or whatever to save time but is it still as easy as c/p the old data to the micro SD card, sticking it in and calling it a day? Want to make sure I don't accidentally overwrite anything.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Literally follow the video you idiots. It's designed so even a child can transfer data between children toys.

At least for me it's because I spent a lot of money on digital games and we know Nintendo is super dumb when it comes to those types of games and maybe we don't want to risk losing all the poo poo we spent money on.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New Xenoblade trailer for Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gJJitjGWgE

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Louisgod posted:

The normal SD card to micro, the wording and numerous options are throwing people off and they're worried about potentially losing data. I get it.

Question: doing transfer now, I copied the original card's data to my laptop. I chose the "low capacity transfer" or whatever to save time but is it still as easy as c/p the old data to the micro SD card, sticking it in and calling it a day? Want to make sure I don't accidentally overwrite anything.

You should have done the "PC Transfer" if you were going to do that route. The Limited Transfer and PC Transfer take about the same amount of time to transfer data, it's just how your downloaded games get to your system that changes. On the Limited Transfer you'd have to redownload the games and the PC Transfer is just copying from one SD card to the other, in this case the Micro. I don't know how it'll react to original data.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You should have done the "PC Transfer" if you were going to do that route. The Limited Transfer and PC Transfer take about the same amount of time to transfer data, it's just how your downloaded games get to your system that changes. On the Limited Transfer you'd have to redownload the games and the PC Transfer is just copying from one SD card to the other, in this case the Micro. I don't know how it'll react to original data.

Oh well, I can redownload things if needed, just don't want to lose save data. The pc transfer sounded like it'd connect to my laptop and move data that way. That said, I'm following the video to a t.

e: except step 9 said PC based transfer, sweet, I misunderstood thinking it was the new wireless transfer feature. We'll see how this goes.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 18, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The thing that confuses me is the formatting on the card. There is no information about how the card needs to be formatted. If it is not placed in the 3ds before the data is transferred, it might not be formatted correctly. So, right now I am doing the system update, then I will let the 3ds format the card and see how it goes.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Calaveron posted:

At least for me it's because I spent a lot of money on digital games and we know Nintendo is super dumb when it comes to those types of games and maybe we don't want to risk losing all the poo poo we spent money on.

It wouldn't be lost. It is tied to your NNID. The only risk is losing your saves.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Wamdoodle posted:

It wouldn't be lost. It is tied to your NNID. The only risk is losing your saves.

There. I knew there had to be another reason I much prefer physical copy over digital.
I'd go insane if I lost hundreds of hours of JRPG progress, Animal Crossing, Pokemon...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Oh well, I can redownload things if needed, just don't want to lose save data. The pc transfer sounded like it'd connect to my laptop and move data that way. That said, I'm following the video to a t.

Save data is A-OK with the Limited Transfer.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Waltzing Along posted:

The thing that confuses me is the formatting on the card. There is no information about how the card needs to be formatted. If it is not placed in the 3ds before the data is transferred, it might not be formatted correctly. So, right now I am doing the system update, then I will let the 3ds format the card and see how it goes.

If it's a brand new card, you don't need to format it. If it is a used card, Nintendo has you covered.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Doug Dinsdale posted:

There. I knew there had to be another reason I much prefer physical copy over digital.
I'd go insane if I lost hundreds of hours of JRPG progress, Animal Crossing, Pokemon...

Oh, believe me. I'm not excusing it just presenting the reality :) I'm only going digital for the eShop exclusive games. Everything else, physical.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Forget about the themes, I want a n3ds with that snes button color layout like in those videos. :eyepop:

I don't think there are any white colored 3DSes in America yet, but the black and red ones also have the SNES-style buttons.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dr. Fetus posted:

If it's a brand new card, you don't need to format it. If it is a used card, Nintendo has you covered.

Dammit. Wish I'd seen that earlier. Right now the Pikmin are yammering at me as the systems transfer. It formatted the micro sd card at the start of the whole thing so hopefully it works.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
What's all this nonsense about Wii Mini exploit and being able to generate infinite Coins?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Jadaris posted:

What's all this nonsense about Wii Mini exploit and being able to generate infinite Coins?

Someone figured out the serial number scheme of the Wii Mini's and used the resulting serial numbers to cash in Club Nintendo coins. From what I heard accounts that abused it were already banned.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Ivy posted:

I don't think there are any white colored 3DSes in America yet, but the black and red ones also have the SNES-style buttons.

When did the DS NOT have SNES style buttons? I seem to recall the DS Lite had the same SNES layout, too...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Fuzz posted:

When did the DS NOT have SNES style buttons? I seem to recall the DS Lite had the same SNES layout, too...

He's talking about the Super Famicom colored buttons. Something that NA did not get on their SNES's.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

8-bit Miniboss posted:

He's talking about the Super Famicom colored buttons. Something that NA did not get on their SNES's.

Why the hell does everyone keep making a huge deal out of that, anyway? OH MY GOD THE BUTTONS HAVE DIFFERENT COLORS. :what:

I'd have cared if the Y and X were concave whilst the A and B were convex. That'd be pretty nice. Even still, the North American SNES controller looked better in my opinion, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Why the hell does everyone keep making a huge deal out of that, anyway? OH MY GOD THE BUTTONS HAVE DIFFERENT COLORS. :what:

I'd have cared if the Y and X were concave whilst the A and B were convex. That'd be pretty nice. Even still, the North American SNES controller looked better in my opinion, anyway.

Some of us like colors. :colbert:

The SNES controller looks plain in comparison to the SFC controller.