Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
973D
SEYF

If you want to play a run that repeatedly throws damage ups at you. I did it as Eve which was another big damage up, but then they just kept on coming. Enough to take out the Lamb before it could fire a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
For some reason, I have Sad Bombs and Sacred Heart, but not Bobby-Bomb, yet my bombs are moving towards monsters as if I had Bobby-Bomb. I'm not complaining, most of my offensive power this run is coming from my bombs, but I've not seen anything in the wikis about a synergy like this.

SH6E
B3XY

Sacred Heart comes pretty late in an Angel Room. There's a Lost Contact in a secret room early on. I skipped Eve's Mascara because my RoF is bad enough and all my shots cancel against enemy shots which really slows poo poo down.

Edit: Found a Holy Mantle! This Lost run just got a lot easier.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 16, 2015

SnoruntPyro
Dec 28, 2014

Class-A Douche

IMJack posted:

Laz's Rags, Judas's Shadow, and the Wafer are about the most useless treasure room items the Lost can get early on.
for some reason, almost every single Lost run I had had Lazarus' Rags in an angel room. It's like the game knows you don't want it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

You know it's going to be a good run when floor 1 is Polyphemus, floor 2 is Chocolate Milk.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Holy poo poo does this game play differently on a decent computer. Not that I've upgraded, and the game can go at the speed its meant to the whole thing is way, way harder.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

IMJack posted:

For some reason, I have Sad Bombs and Sacred Heart, but not Bobby-Bomb, yet my bombs are moving towards monsters as if I had Bobby-Bomb. I'm not complaining, most of my offensive power this run is coming from my bombs, but I've not seen anything in the wikis about a synergy like this.

SH6E
B3XY

Sacred Heart comes pretty late in an Angel Room. There's a Lost Contact in a secret room early on. I skipped Eve's Mascara because my RoF is bad enough and all my shots cancel against enemy shots which really slows poo poo down.

Edit: Found a Holy Mantle! This Lost run just got a lot easier.

I guess because Sad Bombs use your tears they were homing like the Sacred Heart shots? Pretty neat.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ashsaber posted:

Holy poo poo does this game play differently on a decent computer. Not that I've upgraded, and the game can go at the speed its meant to the whole thing is way, way harder.

Ghetto rig bullet time is probably a good way to unlock The Lost achievements.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
gently caress

I accidentally took the polaroid instead of the negative on a lost run to the dark room that was almost certainly going to succeed. I had holy mantle, dead cat, a bunch of damage ups and chocolate milk. Then I go into the devil deal after the mom fight and it's Brimstone, Abaddon, and my third guppy piece in a red chest :suicide:

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

nope.jpg

not pictured, killing mega satan's second form before the first wave of bullets could get near me

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is there a bug where you always get the same devil room items?

edit: happening again, first devil room is book of sin and guppy's head. Then I'm going to get rotten baby and death's touch, then demonic baby and something else I forget right now, and then Krampus.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 16, 2015

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
Finally gave the Lost an honest try, since the only unlocks I have left besides his is the scissors (which I assume I'll unlock with the Lost eventually). After dying 15 consecutive times in the basement, mostly to the Haunt, I pick up Daddy Long Legs. That pretty much carries me to my first set of Devil deals, and eventually to Mom. After having a hilariously tense battle with her, the boss rush opens up. I take a break to decompress, and then give the boss rush an honest go. Boss rush actually goes rather smoothly, partially thanks to me hiding from Monstro 2 and the Bloat and letting Daddy Long Legs whittle them down, and partially thanks to at least 4 bosses spawning on the caustic poop that Carrion Queen left. Unlock the D100, and with a renewed sense of confidence I immediately die to a Fistula miniboss in the womb 2, thanks to an overzealous Daddy Long Legs. He giveth and he taketh away.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Kurtofan posted:

Is there a bug where you always get the same devil room items?

edit: happening again, first devil room is book of sin and guppy's head. Then I'm going to get rotten baby and death's touch, then demonic baby and something else I forget right now, and then Krampus.

Did you use the Alt+F4 trick as the Lost, mayhaps? For whatever reason the only drawback of the alt+F4 trick is devil room items are cycled out and eventually exhausted.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Poizen Jam posted:

Did you use the Alt+F4 trick as the Lost, mayhaps? For whatever reason the only drawback of the alt+F4 trick is devil room items are cycled out and eventually exhausted.

No it sounds more like between completely different runs they're getting the exact same devil rooms.

I'm assuming the floor layout us changing, you're not doing a seeded run, right?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Poizen Jam posted:

I'm using the Alt F4 trick as the lost (profusely) but that's on multiple lost playthroughs.

senae posted:

No it sounds more like between completely different runs they're getting the exact same devil rooms.

I'm assuming the floor layout us changing, you're not doing a seeded run, right?

Yeah it's not seeded, the treasure items aren't the same, but the devil room items are following the same pattern.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Feb 17, 2015

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
gently caress X a billion.

Finally cleared Cathedral/Isaac with the Lost. Used a map card in the chest to go straight to Blue Baby fight. Two rooms away I run into 2x adversary.
No Cat, no holy mantle, no trinity shield. Just 2 flies, fat fly, and dry baby.
I hate this game so much.....

Earlier on a non lost run I finally found out how to kill the Tank in One hit. Epic fetus + ipecac works wonders.

Has anyone made any sort of either calculator where you can just tick things off, or something that reads the game data, so I can see exact values for the various stats?

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Feb 17, 2015

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

I'm using the Alt F4 trick as the lost (profusely) but that's on multiple lost playthroughs.

Yeah it's not seeded, the treasure items aren't the same, but the devil room items are following the same pattern.

If you post the seeds of your runs you can give them to other people or try the seeds again to see if it's a seed coincidence or you're somehow influencing the game or there's a bug somewhere.

My guess is it's either a coincidence or there are certain clusters of devil room items that are coded to appear together.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's back to normal after I tried a eden run, go figure.

I'm having some steam synching issues now though.

edit: seems to be happening after doing alt F4, here's the seed in case 28V0MZCA

Edit: it seems to affect the treasure pool too, since I keep getting the pickaxe on the latter floors after resetting.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 17, 2015

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

muahahahahhahah

e: welp it got bigger

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 17, 2015

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

I managed to beat Mega Satan for the first time last night. On hard difficulty, no less. Having a technology laser with poo poo tons of damage helps. You can just sit back and run through the bullet hell as it approaches.

Logan 5 posted:

muahahahahhahah

Reminds me of a recent playthrough where I had giant scythes by the time I reached The Chest. I ended up finding a Forget Me Now and rerolled with even more powerups and even bigger scythes. Somehow, getting the extra powerups reduced my damage. :shrug:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Finished up my Hard mode unlocks today after finally finishing my Challenges a couple days ago. Decided to jump into a Isaac Normal run as a palette cleanser.

Cricket's Head, Cricket's Body, Lump of Coal, Pentagram, Fat Mushroom, Proptosis, Blood Clot and Chocolate Milk later, and I had charged tears taking up 25% of my screen.

And I was Guppy.

:stare:

It's like the game was apologizing for what it did to me in Hard mode. Although, I do still have to unlock The Lost.

e: RE: Mega Satan, the one time I fought him, I had the racoon tail (Unbreakable), a piece of meat and familiars. Easiest boss fight I've ever had. Just, uh, took a while.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 18, 2015

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Holy poo poo I finally beat Isaac and The Chest with The Lost. Only got Dark Room to go!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where are saved files for this game stored? I'm transferring to a new computer and would rather not lose all my progress.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Uhh, is Satan's third form supposed to be immune to damage from explosions, is this a glitch that was later patched out, or what? I just blazed through Glass Cannon only to get to the end and find myself literally unable to deal any damage.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Soul Glo posted:

Cricket's Head, Cricket's Body, Lump of Coal, Pentagram, Fat Mushroom, Proptosis, Blood Clot and Chocolate Milk later, and I had charged tears taking up 25% of my screen.

25% of the screen?

That's in a 2x2 room. (Normal mode because I was finishing off a game the girlfriend was playing and abandoned to go to work)

A whole bunch of poo poo, and then chocolate milk and Eve's Mascara to push it in to "truly ridiculous" territory"

Internet Kraken posted:

Where are saved files for this game stored? I'm transferring to a new computer and would rather not lose all my progress.

They should all be on Steam Cloud, assuming you have it enabled.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

One of the patches the past couple of weeks has fixed Pin's life bar issue. Now he doesn't die with ~20% of his life bar remaining.

Logan 5 posted:

I know I'm responding again but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSnCGvv2KBU

I loving love getting giant scythes. :feelsgood:

Rollersnake posted:

Uhh, is Satan's third form supposed to be immune to damage from explosions, is this a glitch that was later patched out, or what? I just blazed through Glass Cannon only to get to the end and find myself literally unable to deal any damage.

I beat that challenge this past week. Must be an unfortunate glitch. :shrug:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gibbo posted:

They should all be on Steam Cloud, assuming you have it enabled.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that was a thing. Modern gaming sure is convenient.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Nothing quite like actually getting to Isaac on the Family Man challenge, then dying anyway because it's a complete crapshoot any way you look at it.

It's too bad that so many of the challenges in this game are a lovely, unfun slog unless you're fortunate enough to find the correct sort of dice room or otherwise luck into just the right kind of item(s) to make them not as lovely.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'm mid-run right now trying to unlock The Lost. I think I'm on-track but my Azazel run has Pyromaniac, Holy Shield, Trinity Shield, mask of Infamy, and tons of other stuff...

In most rooms, I'm basically invincible.

How best to guarantee that I die to Satan?

Edit: forgot plus sacrificial knife, fat orbitals and guppy's collar, infested, am guppy oh gently caress I simply cannot die.

Edit 2: died twice to his first form by ramming into him non-stop. He almost died before I did, but Lost unlocked, good lord.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 18, 2015

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Cobalt60 posted:

I'm mid-run right now trying to unlock The Lost. I think I'm on-track but my Azazel run has Pyromaniac, Holy Shield, Trinity Shield, mask of Infamy, and tons of other stuff...

In most rooms, I'm basically invincible.

How best to guarantee that I die to Satan?

Ram your face into him

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Taking a break for awhile.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

wyoming posted:

hahah how the gently caress does that happen

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What's happening here.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kurtofan posted:

What's happening here.

One stage away from having a full Bandage Girl and despite having the Book of Revelations he got The Bloat, the least common Womb 1 boss, instead of a horseman, loving him out of the final bandage ball for that run at the last possible second.

I bet there's something in the code that makes that happen because man I see it so often. It happened to me too :negative:

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
I thought you had to actually use the book of rev on that floor to guarantee a horseman? Looks like he found the boss before it was fully charged.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

wyoming posted:

You uhh... have to use the book of revs dude. Looks like you popped it on the previous floor and went straight for the boss.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
It's totally possible he popped the book in the first room, considering he has 5 charge pips and 5 room clears that could have had enemies.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Gibbo posted:

25% of the screen?

That's in a 2x2 room. (Normal mode because I was finishing off a game the girlfriend was playing and abandoned to go to work)

A whole bunch of poo poo, and then chocolate milk and Eve's Mascara to push it in to "truly ridiculous" territory"

:eyepop:

I love how this game can get wonderfully broken

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Poizen Jam posted:

It's totally possible he popped the book in the first room, considering he has 5 charge pips and 5 room clears that could have had enemies.

im pretty sure thats what happened yeah

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Every time I've had book of Rev and been close to finishing meat/bandage, I get conquest. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Just had the most insane run I can remember in a long time. Eden, start with Godhead and Book of Revelations. First treasure room is Tiny Planet. My Reflection in the caves. Death's Touch, Lump of Coal, Holy Mantle. :stare:

Seed is M3VT TZXZ. I used it myself to restart the run (hence the no unlocks icon in the screenshot) because I took Mom's Knife in the first devil room to see how it interacts with Godhead (it doesn't). Skip it and grab Holy Mantle in the subsequent God room instead.

edit: And Sad Onion too!

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 18, 2015