Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Yaogats, that's it. They're excellent but that's still only one unit and the new Rodoks are competing hard for the link team privilege.

Morat anti-camo options are: Yaogats, 1 M-Drone, shoot it with a template :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

How many MSVs do Morats have? I realised I actually have no idea what the anti-camo options are to MAF.

Just the Yaogats :v:. I still love the Red Monkey Mans we just need a few more anti camo options is all. Gotta pick up that remote box.

Speaking of Remotes does anyone know any models that would make a good alternative for Morat remotes? I like the EI drones and will be picking them up but was wondering if they was anything more mechanical looking or some kind of alien the Morats would use as a hunting animal. I talked it over with the group and they said it would be cool but I don;t know where to start looking.

Comrade Merf fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 15, 2015

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
My hassassins feel absolutely no sympathy for your monkeys.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

My hassassins feel absolutely no sympathy for your monkeys.

My Shasvastii feel even less sympathy for your hashishins. At least you have MSV1.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I feel no sympathy for any of you whilst I hoard as much of the visors as I can.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Just did a few missions for the Operation Icestorm starter and it was fun! Really easy to learn about ARO's and how orders work. Love/Hate the aros. Nothing like killing a dood when its not even your turn!

Just had a questiona bout Face off rolls? Does the highest roll , that does not bust, win? I.E: if I roll a 6,7,8 and my enemy rolls a 9 does his 9 beat out all the rolls? (Assume our BS is 15)

Not a viking posted:

I ordered the CA starter before christmas, and 30. January they replied telling me they'd get a new one in a week :(

Also, this game is really hard to learn. I just can't get my head around the order mechanic and deploy accordingly.

Id suggest just fighting with 3 basic troopers with combi rifles to get orders understood. The Order pool can be divvied up amongs your units as you see fits (1 dood can get 5 orders, or you can distribue 1 order per unit). Irregular orders can only be used on the irregular unit that generates it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
At some point I'm going to do an effortpost about reach and the order economy. That day, however, is not today.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I know how it works in theory, I just seem to be unable to put it in practice in a way that works.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

What does people think of netrods/imetrons? I was thinking I could use a hacker to get +3 PH for all AD the first turn and then drop a few rods + AD troops, but that is four orders that won't be spent on anything else that turn.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Not a viking posted:

What does people think of netrods/imetrons? I was thinking I could use a hacker to get +3 PH for all AD the first turn and then drop a few rods + AD troops, but that is four orders that won't be spent on anything else that turn.

It's not how that works. They have to drop in during deployment.

Corbeau posted:

At some point I'm going to do an effortpost about reach and the order economy. That day, however, is not today.

Do it. Your approach is weird & fresh for me, I could probably learn some things.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They drop during deployment so you cant use any supportware for them. They are close to an auto include though.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Oh. Well thats actually a bonus then since I have their orders at the start of the turn.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Lots of Infinity today. Four games, though two of them were testing a special bike-deathracing scenario (complete with infinite auto-scrolling board). First game I got tabled by vanilla Aleph after I made a questionable strategic choice, lost one offensive piece, and then all of my others died to ARO-crits. Second game was a smaller point game against the French sectorial, which apparently can bring 9 orders, multiple minelayers, and a TAG all at 150pts. I still won fairly solidly thanks to Magister Knights being boss and smart deployment of my order pool + TO Sniper forced his TAG into an unexpectedly nasty situation.

I feel like Teutons are rubbish in N3. They no longer have the advantage of mobility, and they're not survivable enough or cheap enough to outshine the real knight of N3: the Magister. Magister Knights have never performed below outstanding for me in N3. The buffs to dodge, the buffed shotguns on every profile, and the overall CC buffs make for an absolutely incredible tarpit unit. Heck, they not only tarpit in close quarters - they also sweep out most close board control like mines and direct templates. My Magister in the second game ate multiple TAG activations before dodging behind total cover, then came out and cleaned up the Chasseur Minelayer screen. If he hadn't eaten a fortunate rifle crit from within optimum shotgun range, he probably would have exterminated my opponent's entire Metro link team too. In comparison, my Teuton got murdered by a Chasseur (it was two consecutive crits, so it's technically not the Teuton's fault, but I'd still rather have lost a cheaper Magister).

Dodging on 17 with ARM 3 and 2 wounds is really loving good. Especially when it lets you bring an EXP CCW to bear. I don't even mind the Impetuous, since it means more orders to do what I want them to do (run forward and sweep away skirmishers).

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 17, 2015

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I have started using netrods on a second combat group, usually along with my total reaction bot. They give him orders to position well in the first turn, and then I can shift them to my main group as it suffers casualties, keeping their order pool up during the game and avoiding starting with less orders in the group that will actually do ti=hings due to a bad scatter

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011
Is there anything preventing models from using BS Attacks while in base to base with an opposing model? I thought there was but I can't find anything specifically prohibiting it. Had a Rasyat come around a corner and get into CC with Atalanta and my opponent said my Martial arts did not apply negative modifiers on the first roll because she would shoot him as he was rounding the corner and that she could use the pistol and her BS attacks for the further fighting they did in CC in later turns without disengaging.

Oh man, and gently caress Achilles lead link teams holy poo poo. Having an entire link team of ODD with one of the best models in the game there to use the benefits is loving insane.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

With the hacking device, can I give B2 in ARO to a weapon with only B1 to start with?

Missile launcher batroids ahoy!

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Not a viking posted:

With the hacking device, can I give B2 in ARO to a weapon with only B1 to start with?

Missile launcher batroids ahoy!

Yes. When we get the ability to link Batroids having burst 3 missile launchers in ARO will be hilarious.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Comrade Merf posted:

Is there anything preventing models from using BS Attacks while in base to base with an opposing model? I thought there was but I can't find anything specifically prohibiting it. Had a Rasyat come around a corner and get into CC with Atalanta and my opponent said my Martial arts did not apply negative modifiers on the first roll because she would shoot him as he was rounding the corner and that she could use the pistol and her BS attacks for the further fighting they did in CC in later turns without disengaging.

He is wrong on almost every count. He can indeed shoot you while you're moving into base combat, buuuuut... From the CC rules:

quote:

Any troop in base to base contact with an enemy engaged in Close Combat can only declare CC Attack, Dodge, or other skills usable in Close Combat.

And talking about the Martial Arts chart:

quote:

Opponent MOD: A MOD applied to the Attribute of an enemy when making a Face to Face Roll.

Note the word "Attribute" - there is no limitation to "CC" in N3. This, at least, was a change from N2, where Martial Arts did not interact with BS.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 18, 2015

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Comrade Merf posted:

Oh man, and gently caress Achilles lead link teams holy poo poo.
Achilles is not linkable :confused:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xue-Du3Yl0U
Kum enforcers lmao.

I think the new thread title could be Muslims with Midriffs

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Flipswitch posted:

Kum enforcers lmao.

Well, considering that mr. Beg doesn't even cover his chest...

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Corbeau posted:

He is wrong on almost every count. He can indeed shoot you while you're moving into base combat, buuuuut... From the CC rules:

I think he could declare a BS as an ARO before the model got engaged. If I round a corner and draw LOF to your model and still have to move to get into base to base, you can declare a BS attack against my CC attack. On your turn you would have to either dodge or do a CC attack if you activated that model.

If however the first time you draw LOF to my model and we are in base to base (I have no idea how this would happen) then you couldn't declare a BS attack as an ARO as you are engaged. On your turn you would have to either dodge or do a CC attack if you activated that model.

Edit: Im an idiot, you are agreeing that he could shoot the model as an ARO.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Flipswitch posted:

Kum enforcers lmao.

I'm the nipples carefully painted on the see-through top

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Well she's got the twins, the other lass is the third wheel I guess!

Got the last round of our League starting tomorrow, incase we get an odd number again I've got a list ready to roll for the last place match up:
Fusil Hacker
Fusil Paramedic
Fusil FO/DR
Brother Konstantinos/INFIL
Swiss Guard HMG
Sepulchre Knight Spitfire/LT
Pathfinder Dronbot
Sierra Dronbot
Croc Man FO
Croc Man BS

Comes to slap bang 300pts/5.5SWC.

I had seriously debated on bringing a TAG at 300pts to give the guy/gal in last a chance to play against them and learn from it, but decided against it on reflection. I think it's a great format to practice against a TAG but maybe not the best place. I am itching to use my newly built Squalo at some point though, rather than proxying it all the time.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Flipswitch posted:

Kum enforcers lmao.

Butt-Kum Biker is dead. Long live Boob-Kum Bikers!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I don't like the paint job (c'mon, really?) but I actually rather like the dual pistol sculpt. Probably going to buy one and proxy her as a basic biker.

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Pierzak posted:

Achilles is not linkable :confused:

Man that was a comical clusterfuck of misinterpreted rules then.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Trying to think of a list for Supremacy for tomorrow that really showcases PanO, any thoughts guys? I was thinking of stacking TO/ODD and a TAG and seeing how far that gets me. So maybe Crocs, Swiss, Jotum Lt or something? Although that'd be a fucker to fit into a list, so maybe ditch the Jotum and stack REMs like Bulleteers and poo poo in there too.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Too busy thinking about Haqq to bother with PanO. :v:

Remote-less 300pt list that's really tempting: use Muyib Minelayers to help defend your Halqas.

code:
Combat Group #1:

GOVAD		HMG		1.5	29
GOVAD		HMG		1.5	29
RAGIK		Rifle		0	26
HUNZAKUT	FO		0	18
HALQA		FO		0	16
HALQA		FO		0	16
GHULAM		Doctor		0	16
	NASMAT			0	3
NAFFATÛN	Lieutenant	0	12
NAFFATÛN	LFT		0	12
NAFFATÛN	LFT		0	12

Combat Group #2:

LASIQ		VSniper		1.5	26
MUYIB		ViralMines	0	24
MUYIB		ViralMines	0	24
HALQA		Hacker		0.5	23
ZULEYKA				0	14

Total				5	300
It's also interesting to think about combining a Jannisary Doctor with a couple of Ahl Fassed. You get a pair of tough, versatile HI who can be full-healed with re-rolls by an Akbar Doctor.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Flipswitch posted:

Trying to think of a list for Supremacy for tomorrow that really showcases PanO, any thoughts guys? I was thinking of stacking TO/ODD and a TAG and seeing how far that gets me. So maybe Crocs, Swiss, Jotum Lt or something? Although that'd be a fucker to fit into a list, so maybe ditch the Jotum and stack REMs like Bulleteers and poo poo in there too.

Actually, I do have one suggestion: bring a Magister Knight. They are truly excellent units that are very unique and work just fine as a singleton. Plus if you bring Joan as a Lt. then the Magister's Panzerfaust makes a fine weapon for the occasional combat-based coordinated order.

Example:

code:
JOTUM				2	103
NISSE		Sniper		1.5	34
CROC MAN	FO		0	32
SIERRA DRONBOT	HMG		1	25
BULLETEER	Spitfire	1	25
MAGISTER KNIGHT	EXPCCW		0	25
Fusilier	Hacker		0.5	18
MACHINIST	Engineer	0	15
	PALBOT			0	3
Fusilier	Lieutenant	0	10
Fusilier	Combi		0	10

Total				6	300

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 19, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Definitely worth a try I think! I hadn't thought of using any of my MO stuff barring the odd single HI that I like to bring. I'm thinking of placing Joan 2.0 in to the list as that's a profile I've almost never used and with her now being 6-2 it seems like an ideal aggressive Lt.

That said I was looking at playing with the Jotum as my Lt at first (and holy gently caress its 3 SWC now?) but as my list is only for the bye round for our wooden spoon gunner to play against, I think I'll avoid a TAG for now. I'm working on it now and currently i'm at:

Fusil HMG
Fusil Para
Fusil Hacker
Bulleteer/HS
Sierra Dronbot
Croc Man Minelayer
Croc Man BS
Teuton Combi
Aquila HMG
Joan 2.0

Not sure on the Teuton, but he sort of plugs the gap in the list points wise, but despite how cheap they are I'm not so sure on them in N3. Easy swap is to swap him for a Nisse, then up the Paramedic into a Trauma Doc + Palbot. 2e: Why the gently caress is Joan 2 one less PH? Swap her into 1.0 Lt with DA CCW, you can drop the Palbot and up the second Croc Man into a pair of Minelayers. Not so sure if that's worth losing the BS on the one though, but it does give you a nice front line level of denial.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 19, 2015

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Flipswitch posted:

Kum enforcers lmao.

The two-gun one isn't bad. The other one looks like she's got a pot belly. She needs her top painted white with cheeto stains all over.

The painted on nipples are a bit much though. I wonder if the technique is documented in the Giraldez book?

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Yeah the models themselves look fine for some crazy space-biker gang the painting (or presentation I guess?) is kinda tasteless.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Z the IVth posted:

The two-gun one isn't bad. The other one looks like she's got a pot belly. She needs her top painted white with cheeto stains all over.

The painted on nipples are a bit much though. I wonder if the technique is documented in the Giraldez book?

He PROUDLY displays the painted titties on his facebook page. So I would assume that there is a "How to paint see through titties" in his book

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

Exmond posted:

He PROUDLY displays the painted titties on his facebook page. So I would assume that there is a "How to paint see through titties" in his book

Those proud titties demand to be displayed.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

yo corbs how are you finding the HI Knights so far in N3? I'm using them more and more for vanilla PanO because of the new costs and I think they get forgotten quite a bit for vanilla PanO players when coming to lists because of their MO flavour. You getting much more out of them because of the new costs and movement? I'm finding Sepulchre and Santiago Knights fitting into more and more lists because they're so useful.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Flipswitch posted:

yo corbs how are you finding the HI Knights so far in N3? I'm using them more and more for vanilla PanO because of the new costs and I think they get forgotten quite a bit for vanilla PanO players when coming to lists because of their MO flavour. You getting much more out of them because of the new costs and movement? I'm finding Sepulchre and Santiago Knights fitting into more and more lists because they're so useful.

I've not tried any of the previously 4-2 Knights, just my old classic Teutons and Magisters. The Teutons are not very impressive but the Magisters are nothing short of amazing.

In theory, Hospitaliers and Santiagos both bring really excellent tools to the table (Doctor, HMG, EM, 360 Visor). Teutons really don't; I haven't had any reason to use Berserk or Assault in N3, and Magisters already provide Panzerfausts.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 19, 2015

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah that's kind of where I am on them. I think for a cheapish assault HI they're pretty decent as they sit in that lower point brackets, especially on a 4-4 BS14 SF platform, but I think the other Knights gained more in the points drop than they did as weird as that sounds. I'm kind of back and forth on mothballing this list I'm working on to get a feel of what I want to do and I keep putting the SF Teuton in and out.

E: God I wish De Fersen had a HD+, I'd take him so much more, right now I almost never use him.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
To be fair I was about to Assault a TAG with my EXP CCW last game, but my opponent rolled very poorly on armor and died to my Combi rifle (while he was still in cover). Then my Teuton got critted to death.

My Teutons are ridiculous crit magnets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Finally been giving my Shasvastii a go, and it's such a stark difference in play style from my usual Pan O bruisers.

They're basically made of paper so if they get, they're probably dead, which makes template weapons a nightmare to deal with (gently caress Yuan Yuans).

I'm guessing the best way to stay alive is to look for the good active turn pickoffs then drop back into camo, but they dont have the greatest order pool to work with.

Going to be interesting tinkering out list for them.

• Locked thread