Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Didn't even need to post the second image, was the first thing I thought of.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

In honor of the bluray release of two lost Duke Mitchell mobsploitation clasics.

and a bonus Duke Mitchell gem.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
del Toro's Crimon Peak

Flattest Fish
May 29, 2013
"Del Toro wanted the film to honor the "grand dames" of the haunted house genre, namely Robert Wise's The Haunting and Jack Clayton's The Innocents. The director intended to make a large-scale horror film in the tradition of those he grew up watching, such as The Omen, The Exorcist, and The Shining. He cited the latter as "another Mount Everest of the haunted house movie", praising the high production value and Stanley Kubrick's control over the large sets."

Maaan. I hope this turns out well.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My wife really wants to see that film, because she likes del Toro and also Tom Hiddleston and she hears there might be sex in it so really she just wants to see Tom Hiddleston doing some sexy stuff.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

To go the last page a bit, Ice Cube also really knocked it out of the park with 21 and 22 Jump Street so all is forgiven.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I still can't believe how good 22 Jump Street was

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Channing Tatum is a national treasure.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Improbable Lobster posted:

The elephant in the room scene is one of my favorites moments in any movie for last year. Channing is amazing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I hope the Jump Street/Men in Black movie happens.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I hope the Jump Street/Men in Black movie happens.

I do too, just because of how loving insane that very premise is.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lotish posted:

My wife really wants to see that film, because she likes del Toro and also Tom Hiddleston and she hears there might be sex in it so really she just wants to see Tom Hiddleston doing some sexy stuff.

If it's anything like the book, and I'd probably expect it to be, she should look out for this one:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

I do too, just because of how loving insane that very premise is.

Actually crazier than the joke ones at the end is an accomplishment.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

And in addition to being a pretty decent flick, this has loads of Tom Hiddleston being all sexy and poo poo.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

And in addition to being a pretty decent flick, this has loads of Tom Hiddleston being all sexy and poo poo.

You mean, "sexy, sexy vampire Tom Hiddleston"? Being a vampire, that's like sexy^2.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Flattest Fish posted:

"Del Toro wanted the film to honor the "grand dames" of the haunted house genre, namely Robert Wise's The Haunting and Jack Clayton's The Innocents. The director intended to make a large-scale horror film in the tradition of those he grew up watching, such as The Omen, The Exorcist, and The Shining. He cited the latter as "another Mount Everest of the haunted house movie", praising the high production value and Stanley Kubrick's control over the large sets."

And he can gently caress off for plagiarising Richard Matheson.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Jedit posted:

And he can gently caress off for plagiarising Richard Matheson.

You get upset at the strangest things.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

73: It's nice to see that despite dying in 2005, Pat Morita is still getting work.

Spymate (2006)

Only the Brave (2006)

Royal Kill (2009)

Act Your Age (2011)

Blunt Movie (2013)

Rice Girl (2014)

And this one because Kamikaze Detroit is a way better a title than Collision Course

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'm actually shocked and happy that James Hong is still alive and kicking.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rough Lobster posted:

He was only 53 when he did Blade Runner. Most people understandably think he was older.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

ShufflerZero posted:

73: It's nice to see that despite dying in 2005, Pat Morita is still getting work.

The Simpsons quote "STOP IT!! STOP ITTTTTTT HE'S ALREADY DEAD" has rarely been this applicable

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I unsheathe my tiny penis. It swells to immense size and embarks upon a quest for your most intimate depths.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Seriously Ed Wood and the people who made "Bruce Lee Fights Back From The Grave" would think this excessive.

Did these films just sit on the shelf that long?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Rough Lobster posted:

I met him at an industry party 7 or 8 years ago. Super gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, and a nice guy. Sad I never got to meet Victor Wong before he passed away, but happy I got to meet at least one of the two biggest Asian influences in my youth (see avatar).

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dillbag posted:

I met him at an industry party 7 or 8 years ago. Super gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, and a nice guy. Sad I never got to meet Victor Wong before he passed away, but happy I got to meet at least one of the two biggest Asian influences in my youth (see avatar).

Really? I always thought differently after I saw him leaving his hotel room with two young women that he was obviously not related to when he was at a convention something like fifteen-twenty years ago. I know people change, but I got the impression he was a major pimp after seeing that.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I love this one

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

flashy_mcflash posted:

If it's anything like the book, and I'd probably expect it to be, she should look out for this one:

How do shadows work?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Meatwave posted:

How do shadows work?

How does surrealism* works?

Possibly surrealism,the wrong shadows were (maybe) done on purpose.

Content:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I hope that's pronounced goo-gook-guchoo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ShufflerZero posted:

Rice Girl (2014)

Starring: Ian LITHGOW and Joe ESTEVEZ

Reminds me off all the lovely martial arts movies I watched as a kid starring people like Bryce Lee, Bruce Leee, and Bruce Li.

Mind you, Enter You With My Fist was an eye opener for a growing lad in the age before the internet.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

How does surrealism* works?

Possibly surrealism,the wrong shadows were (maybe) done on purpose.

Content:

I'm not sure what I like the most, the inclusion of Shelley Duval along with "Here's Johnny" face from The Shining or the Chief looking like some wild man lifting a soda machine over his head.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Feb 16, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Okay Shelly Duvall was at least in That Other Famous Movie with Jack Nicholson, but why is what looks like Christopher Lee down there at the bottom?

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

ShufflerZero posted:

Spymate (2006)

I actually saw this on a long distance coach journey in China. It's about as terrible as you'd expect.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Coming March 17th, from The Asylum:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Meatwave posted:

Sometimes, I wonder what being completely and utterly without any sense of shame would actually be like.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

BreakAtmo posted:

Sometimes, I wonder what being completely and utterly without any sense of shame would actually be like.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Boom!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Meatwave posted:

Did they really just combine Avengers and the show Grimm to make a knock-off movie? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Grimm's Fairy Tales