Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
gamedead.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Lagomorphic posted:

I didn't farm that many I mostly bought traces in bulk off the exchange and sent them through the alt mill. I also deliberately saved them up for the funny screenshot.

I was doing the same but then figured that the average cost of three traces was only about 10K cheaper than buying the Slivers themselves. I buy the slivers in bulk now for (on average) 85k each and run them through the alt mill. I'm not bothering with the tech though, just stockpiling fragments.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
When the game isn't unplayable with lag and you can get into a groove, it's not too difficult to accrue a large amount of slivers through the mini game. I think you only need 1700 points to get a sliver. If crap is lagging, then you might as well not bother trying for anything higher than the 3-mat reward.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Borticus posted:

Reroute Power From Life Support causes you to suffer a temporary Cooldown Penalty - it's definitely not a buff. As to whether or not that trade-off is currently worth the cost... well, that's matter we're open to hearing more feedback on. We can definitely consider improving the ability if it's seen as unanimously inferior to other Bridge Officer Ability choices.

On a more generic "FYI" sort of note, I figured I'd pop into this thread and tell all concerned parties about some upcoming changes we're making to Command Bridge Officer Abilities. Hopefully all of these will end up appearing in a patch either this week or next.

Call Emergency Artillery:
- AOE Damage increased by 60% at all ranks
- AOE Radius increased from 2km to 3km around each Artillery Vessel

Ambush Marker:
- Ambusher Ship damage increased at Rank II and III, by 25% and 50% respectively

Phalanx Formation:
- Markers are no longer visible to opponents in PvP, and do not grant their buffs to PvP opponents

Rally Point Marker:
- Instant Shield Healing value increased by 50%
- The Hull and Shield Healing values can now be increased using Hull Repair and Shield Emitters skills, respectively.

Concentrate Firepower:
- Duration extended from 15sec to 20sec
- Free "High Yield I" Mode now only triggered by Torpedo hits (to ensure it is not granted to a player that cannot use it)
- Any ally that receives the free High Yield I Mode will also instantly have all torpedo cooldowns reset
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the extra Kinetic Damage from reliably being added to Torpedo hits

Interesting. Fixes the major issue with at least CF.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The fact they even have to ask for feedback as to whether a huge penalty to skill cooldowns is worth a minor power level boost that doesn't break caps really says it all about how little Cryptic understands the metagame of their own game. :ughh:

Still, I guess it's improvements. The real problem with the Command space skills is a lot of them involve weird positioning requirements or other things that require teammates to stay together... if they were just general team-wide buffs like the ground skills they'd be a lot more appealing, I suspect.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

The fact they even have to ask for feedback as to whether a huge penalty to skill cooldowns is worth a minor power level boost that doesn't break caps really says it all about how little Cryptic understands the metagame of their own game. :ughh:

Still, I guess it's improvements. The real problem with the Command space skills is a lot of them involve weird positioning requirements or other things that require teammates to stay together... if they were just general team-wide buffs like the ground skills they'd be a lot more appealing, I suspect.

Oh absolutely.

On the other hand, pretty much every hanger pet in the game just got free access to High Yield torps.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Streetwalker@Guinness82

Edit:
http://pastebin.com/cC2CBiMQ

[2/16 9:33] PJL@pjlietz: gently caress off loser
[2/16 9:33] Streetwalker@Guinness82: WHAT RULE? YOUR RULES DON"T COUNT HERE gently caress OFF
[2/16 9:33] PJL@pjlietz: I pay Cryptic manny manny monnie for Zen they no kick me, you, you little douche you gently caress off
[2/16 9:34] Glutes@blueweak: I don't like being targeted with your hate speech.
[2/16 9:34] Streetwalker@Guinness82: WELL THAT TROLL Glutes is ingored. HOPE HE FUCKS OFF AND DIES

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 17, 2015

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

So I started a thread hoping to get someone to chime in on the awful server stability lately. Please make a post if you've been experiencing frequent disconnects. If you're one of the guys that all the mods hate, because you poo poo up the forums constantly, please stay the gently caress away from this thread.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I think I've only had the one warning so I should be safe to post there.

*space reserved for ban*

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh goddammit, I was playing around tonight in the dyson battleground and came to the horrible realization that ground combat is actually fun now, at least when you have access to a few of your boffs. :negative: I'm not sure when it actually happened, but all the little changes over the past few months seem to have done a lot for it. The trait changes and assortment of new traits of various types gives you a lot of extra stuff, the specializations give a lot of passive bonuses and a lot of new powers for both captain and boffs (and Command doesn't even suck on the ground; probably the best team damage buffs if you aren't a Tac captain), an assortment of new rep gear and lobi gear and other gimmicks (definitely pick up a lobi gun if you haven't, some of them are pretty fun), the revamped kits so you can build your own powerset... it just has enough flexibility now to enable a lot of weird builds, and the enemies of the most recent content tend to be a lot more varied on the ground compared to space too. Some of it is that engineers aren't totally useless on the ground like they are in space, too...

What the hell cryptic, you're supposed to be selling me overpriced space ships, make space combat not suck. Now if there was only a good way to get spec points while ground fighting...

Mondian posted:

So I started a thread hoping to get someone to chime in on the awful server stability lately. Please make a post if you've been experiencing frequent disconnects. If you're one of the guys that all the mods hate, because you poo poo up the forums constantly, please stay the gently caress away from this thread.
I have no idea what the hell causes this, but it definitely seems a server thing. Even the XMPP chat servers drop people or lag out for a minute or two when the drops happen.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

Oh goddammit, I was playing around tonight in the dyson battleground and came to the horrible realization that ground combat is actually fun now, at least when you have access to a few of your boffs.

No! You aren't allowed to deviate from the pre-defined narrative of game is dying because reasons! :argh:

Also if you plan to engage in ground combat with any frequency and have some spare lobi to burn, do yourself a favor and pick up the undine antiproton wrist lance thingie. Murdering whole groups of people in ground lava is good.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Mondian posted:

I'm in :france: and ever since the anniversary event kicked off I've had ridiculous connection issues. Honestly, I haven't logged in for a few weeks because between the connection issues and nothing to do with my pretty princess spaceships I haven't really been all that motivated.

e: I'd post in the forums thread but I have no idea what my forums account name even is, after Cryptic and PWE and whatever account linking garbage I had to do when I started playing this game again.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Soviet Commubot posted:

I'm in :france: and ever since the anniversary event kicked off I've had ridiculous connection issues. Honestly, I haven't logged in for a few weeks because between the connection issues and nothing to do with my pretty princess spaceships I haven't really been all that motivated.

e: I'd post in the forums thread but I have no idea what my forums account name even is, after Cryptic and PWE and whatever account linking garbage I had to do when I started playing this game again.
Use the info you use to log into STO to log into the forums.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Looks like we got some conspiracy theorists in that thread. Sorry Mondian, we couldn't keep out the rabble.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Soviet Commubot posted:

these are the only forums that really matter, unless you have such an insatiable appetite for pubbie tears you want to stir the pot in the STO forums as well.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

So I've been looking online and on the Wiki and don't see anything - do we have any data yet on modifiers to Command abilities? Things like partigens boosting exotic damage, etc.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
i don't think much on command skills has been added to the wiki, no.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah. For the classic abilities you could check the skill tooltips and see what they affected, and for weapons and consoles and such you could check their info tooltips and see what skills affected them, but the new spec skills don't show any of that. It's quite possible they aren't affected by skills at all, but I'm not sure anyone's done any testing on it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I think only a skeleton crew is maintaining the wiki by this point. There's some DR basic stuff that still doesn't have pages

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I've done a few edits, but I'll be damned if I can find the "Create a new page" button anywhere :v:.

Does that require someone pressing a "give person more access" button or something ?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MREBoy posted:

I've done a few edits, but I'll be damned if I can find the "Create a new page" button anywhere :v:.

Does that require someone pressing a "give person more access" button or something ?

I got around this by creating a link to a non-existant page, following it, and then editing that blank page when the wiki gave me the option to. I'll see if I can poke the wiki admin into adding that button though.

EDIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Korgan fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 18, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know if it says more about me or STO that I didn't even blink an eye while I read that.

Totally desensitized from repeated exposure to pubbie ERPists.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Korgan posted:

I got around this by creating a link to a non-existant page, following it, and then editing that blank page when the wiki gave me the option to. I'll see if I can poke the wiki admin into adding that button though.

EDIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, everyone should read that. poo poo's hilarious.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

There's so much I want to comment about that, but it will have to wait. Ahahahahahaha. :allears:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:sbahj:

That is going to make a lot of people very mad.
e: Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and I can't stop laughing.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 18, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Unguided posted:

:sbahj:

That is going to make a lot of people very mad.

I can't wait for the tears when it drops. :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Surprised people haven't been dumping old stock since Delta hit. Writing was on the wall on way or another.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Bluefur@sue790

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

BombermanX posted:

Bluefur@sue790

This doesn't seem Star Trekky at all.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

SKY COQ posted:

This doesn't seem Star Trekky at all.
Tiberius@dragonlord145

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

:vince:

BombermanX posted:

Bluefur@sue790

If you told me this person actually did write a 500 page fanfiction about their Star Trek fursona I wouldn't even be surprised. That's what this game has done to me.

BombermanX posted:

Tiberius@dragonlord145

Which one of you is this?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

BombermanX posted:

Tiberius@dragonlord145

:psylon:

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Someone from the Saint Olivia fleet has a google docs bio. What the actual gently caress!

Ketrin@justangie

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
This is a good page. I like this page.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Aleth posted:

This is a good page. I like this page.

Risa is such a terrible place.

Sinister Minister@pyrormancer

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

BombermanX posted:

Someone from the Saint Olivia fleet has a google docs bio. What the actual gently caress!

Ketrin@justangie

I think the part that gets me the most is the ego involved. It's less the being so crazy as to write up the worlds longest bio for your dumbfuck sto character, it's the gaul in expecting anyone would give enough of a poo poo to actually copy and paste the dumb thing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

"I am a dangerous darque soul sentenced to hell!!! Also I do weddings and bar mitzvahs."

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

it's the gaul in expecting anyone would give enough of a poo poo to actually copy and paste the dumb thing.

It's....french?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

BombermanX posted:

Risa is such a terrible place.

Sinister Minister@pyrormancer

Hahahaha, this loving guy has a toon named Comanche and another alt account with a toon named Mrs Comanche, who follows him everywhere. He gets really angry if you ask him why his "wife" types the same as him and only moves after he does. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If you call Comanche and his "wife" out on being the same person he gets pretty mad.

Sometimes his response includes suicide bombing you with an elachi facehugger robot. The only casualty is his pride when our Mk14 shields and armor barely flicker before passively healing to full.

• Locked thread