Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

And just for the hell of it...

I think I've asked before but where did you get the tiered platforms your figures are on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I think I've asked before but where did you get the tiered platforms your figures are on?

Spice racks I bought many years ago from Bed Bath and Beyond. They were white, so I spray-painted them black to blend in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Spice racks I bought many years ago from Bed Bath and Beyond. They were white, so I spray-painted them black to blend in.

I thought that's what they were. I'm thinking about getting something like that for my Detolfs. It would solve my display problems.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've included my DVDs here, since I keep them in the same bookshelf as my comics, and since it was such a source of mirth last time I posted a picture of it. So, from the top going down:

(There's a gap there which is usually occupied by my Alias box set - my brother has it out at the moment.)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
How upset does Hulk Visionaries Vol. 6 make you?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

redbackground posted:

How upset does Hulk Visionaries Vol. 6 make you?

Not as much as FF by Waid/Wieringo Vol. 3 does.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Not as much as FF by Waid/Wieringo Vol. 3 does.

I don't see the problem?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not much new here since I posted back during Christmas. Pile of shame is bigger thought.

But yeah not seeing the issue with F4.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 17, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I don't see the problem?
I agree, this is worse.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Added some stuff since last time, and since I am a goddamn nerd, :spergin:I felt the need to put them all in a spreadsheet.:spergin:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6suvgpeqkiavd2z/Comic%20Library.xlsx?dl=0

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Chester and Smut Peddler!

May I suggest the Oglaf collections?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Just Offscreen posted:

Added some stuff since last time, and since I am a goddamn nerd, :spergin:I felt the need to put them all in a spreadsheet.:spergin:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6suvgpeqkiavd2z/Comic%20Library.xlsx?dl=0

Since we're moving I'm using this as an opportunity to catalog everything for insurance. Spreadsheet and photos of everything.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Uthor posted:

Chester and Smut Peddler!

May I suggest the Oglaf collections?

I read the poo poo out of it already, but I just have too many other things to buy right now. :qq:

Rhyno posted:

Since we're moving I'm using this as an opportunity to catalog everything for insurance. Spreadsheet and photos of everything.

Ha! Thats how I started mine too. We never did get to the rest of the books though...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Just Offscreen posted:

I read the poo poo out of it already, but I just have too many other things to buy right now. :qq:

Ha! Thats how I started mine too. We never did get to the rest of the books though...

I'm doing my statues and figures first, about 1/4 done!

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Is the JSA omnibus easy to read? It looks massive in the pictures it has shown up in so far. I loved reading the run as it came out - Johns in his prime - and will have to pick it up if there aren't any issues with the layout or binding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RusteJuxx posted:

Is the JSA omnibus easy to read? It looks massive in the pictures it has shown up in so far. I loved reading the run as it came out - Johns in his prime - and will have to pick it up if there aren't any issues with the layout or binding.

Lay it on a desk first. It's too heavy for bathroom reading.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Is there anything cut off before the gutter from it being so big or does it lay relatively flat? I've only purchased trade paperbacks and Absolute's from DC, so I don't know how well they deal with gutter loss on their hardcovers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RusteJuxx posted:

Is there anything cut off before the gutter from it being so big or does it lay relatively flat? I've only purchased trade paperbacks and Absolute's from DC, so I don't know how well they deal with gutter loss on their hardcovers.

I don't recall anything being unreadable really.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Here's the current state of my wonderful collection:

I wouldn't feel too bad about it if we actually had a closing date on our house. :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Brocktoon posted:

Here's the current state of my wonderful collection:

I wouldn't feel too bad about it if we actually had a closing date on our house. :smith:

I've started collecting boxes to prepare for that myself. Thankfully I can use the garage to store packed boxes and not impede our living situation.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
My book/computer room is a bit of a mess, I ran out of bookshelf space before I even moved here and I still haven't gotten a new shelf.

And some bonus posters!

Here are some closeups on the books although it's a little dated from BSSSS
http://imgur.com/a/pSkOC

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I really like those posters (especially the Iron Man one). Where'd you get 'em?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Casyl posted:

Marvel put them out. The Iron Man one was a Paolo Rivera one they put out a few years ago I think.
I'm not sure how to get them now, but Marvel puts out 3-4 new ones each month

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

Marvel put them out. The Iron Man one was a Paolo Rivera one they put out a few years ago I think.
I'm not sure how to get them now, but Marvel puts out 3-4 new ones each month

Casyl posted:

Here, take this info to your local comic shop

FEB130654 IRON MAN BY RIVERA POSTER
OCT130777 AVENGERS #24.NOW BY RIBIC POSTER

Tell them you want one of each. If they say they can't order only one tell them they are lying jerks and go to another shop.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Hmm, I guess I could have posted some artwork, too.

Looking at the books.

The posters straight ahead are from Todd Klein lettering two prose passages, one from Alan Moore, the other from Neil Gaiman.

To the left of the books, right of my computer, is my only original artwork: a page from Dr. McNinja that I got for a steal.

Same wall, to the left of my computer, is an accidental TMNT wall. Top piece is a print my friend drew. The B&W piece is a Dave Sim/Kevin Eastman collaboration from the High Society Kickstarter (1 of 1 Anthony T. Edition due to a shipping snafu!). The other two are pieces my cousin made me as gifts.

To the right of the books, behind my computer, is a couple of wrestling posters from Ramon Villalobos; Orion and Mother of Dragons. (I really want a Wonder Woman, but he didn't put it up for sale.)

In my living room, I have a cool Paul Pope poster above my turn table and a wall of 4x6 pieces (some postcards, so small pieces bought through dA, some just printed and framed). I'm thinking about starting a 4x6 or 5x7 sketchbook and getting small convention sketches to frame in the future.

I have a few more pieces here and there, but nothing too interesting.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...it took me a minute to get the Daenerys one. You don't usually see that move with the legs grapevined.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

...it took me a minute to get the Daenerys one. You don't usually see that move with the legs grapevined.

Here's a better image.
http://ramonvillalobos.tumblr.com/post/51782742671/mother-of-the-dragon-sleeper

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
My recently cleaned and organized bookshelf.

The floor in front of it normally looks like this, since I've run out of bookshelf. The comics on the right are the to-read pile.

Not pictured: ipad.

Marf Revus
Apr 20, 2010

Meh
Oh, hello. Have some poor pictures

Bonus toys

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I really need to sort out my books because they're all over the place in different bookcases, hopefully someday they'll all stand as one.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
My shelf.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

People in this thread have some drat good taste.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

These are the books that I'm currently reading or did not read yet.

Here are all the hardcovers and omnibuses that I have. If you're interested here are the Lego sets.
1. Metalbeard's ship
2. Pet Shop
3. Townhall
4. 1 of the 3 Birds
5. Tower of Orthanc
6. R2-D2

Another shelf of TPBs.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Not much has changed, but there's definitely more books on shelves that I still need to read.

Here we have a goddamn mess:

It's dark out and this room is severely under-lit, so I apologize for the general murkiness.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Marf Revus posted:

Oh, hello. Have some poor pictures

Bonus toys

Jock Zombi print. A+

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Here's my shelf. I wouldn't even call it that so much, since aside from some floppies I'm getting as they come out, there's not much of a collection here.

Atomic Robo, Ghost World, Tintin and Down. Set. Fight! we're my BSSSS books, and I'm sorry I didn't get an image of 'em earlier. After glancing through Down. Set. Fight!, it's the book I'm most looking forward to reading of those. Eventually I'll get around to it.

There's another shelf directly above it, but there's not really anything special in them.

See?

...Oh, wait, I forgot about that one binder. Let me get that...

Yeah, this is where I put the collection I was working on years ago for the Udon Street Fighter series. And up there, those are just duplicate volumes of Runaways from before I got the 3 OSHCs that kinda replaced them.

That's pretty much everything. Only stuff not pictured would be the floppies for Ms. Marvel and Loki: Agent of Asgard, along with Ellis' Moon Knight in floppies, so 1-6. Honestly haven't even read 'em yet, time and all. But that'll happen sometime.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Last call for raffle entries! Just over half a day left! Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Not much has changed, but there's definitely more books on shelves that I still need to read.

Here we have a goddamn mess:

It's dark out and this room is severely under-lit, so I apologize for the general murkiness.

You are disqualified from your ow raffle because you don't keep your dust jackets!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

You are disqualified from your own raffle because you don't keep your dust jackets!
Dammit!

My I also say that the art-on-covers for OSHCs that Marvel has been putting out (Hawkeye, Waid!Daredevil) are absolutely delightful and should become the standard.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

You are disqualified from your ow raffle because you don't keep your dust jackets!

Dust jackets suck... but I can't bring myself to get rid of them...