Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Lord Frisk posted:

So wave 2 conus guy here. When should I start getting concerned?

They sent an email out about having to do all the international stuff in a big blob, so conus people shouldn't be worried when international stuff goes out before theirs, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

protomexican
May 1, 2009
Reaper's got some of the best customer service I've ever encountered. e.g. My Bones I shipped with a demon with a missing right arm, and they shipped me a right arm, a left arm, and a couple bottles of sample paint.

There are bound to be delays and mistakes for an undertaking like this, so relax. We'll all be not-painting our little plastic dudes before you know it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I started painting a spider beetle thing, not sure what on earth possessed me. Not trying to make it pretty, the goal was just to get paint on plastic, which is something I haven't done in over a year, so hey, mission accomplished. :haw:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Well, that's disappointing. The "detachable" bases from the Heroes and Villains set aren't actually detachable from four of the six.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Like they're glued on, or are integral to the casting? Because I've been having GREAT luck separating any pre-glued pieces this time around, just work 'em around for a while.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

They're cast as a single, solid piece, as far as I can tell.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, an exacto can fix that...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Aw man, so I confused Narthrax for Verocythrax and ordered the wrong dragon. Which explains why I thought it should have been $15 instead of $12. But at least they're both cool dragons!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Bad Munki posted:

Well, an exacto can fix that...

It still means there'll be a gross place where you sliced it apart, which is a problem if whatever else you want to put on the base doesn't have the right footprint to cover it up.

That's sort of disappointing.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, I was more suggesting the knife with the intent of chucking the bases because I didn't like them in the first place and that was the reason (aside from Castle Man lol) that I didn't get that set.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Hah. My reasons for getting them (I didn't, because I figured I'd just pick them up a la carte) would have been for some decorative bases with some random minis as added value. The figures themselves looked rather generic to me, Castle Man aside (but I actually didn't like him that much).

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Bad Munki posted:

Well, I was more suggesting the knife with the intent of chucking the bases because I didn't like them in the first place and that was the reason (aside from Castle Man lol) that I didn't get that set.

Ahem. I think you mean Brick Mancastle.

And yeah, apparently there were some casting issues with getting the rest of them in multiple pieces.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I got my shipping message an hour ago (international, wave 6). Be careful to compare them with your initial pledge, I only ordered three items (Core Set, Beast mode, Oh Rats!), and according to the shipping message they stll missed the Oh Rats! set.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
My package is out of delivery I can't wait until end of day ahhhhhhhhhh

~Content~

I made a tagged Tumblr to help my gaming buddies know what all I had painted, as a resource for one-shot games. Here's all my painted Bones:

http://irisofether.tumblr.com/tagged/reaper-bones

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Inventoried my shipment: 2xCore, 2xExp1, 8 add-ons, over 400 minis and no mistakes. Not even a miscast. Fantastic!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I feel kinda silly doing it because it's like the smallest piece and the only mistake in my entire order, but I'm probably going to request they send me the missing horn for my demon lord. He's just too cool a guy to do wrong. I'm pretty sure it's a small enough piece that it could easily just go in a regular envelope with a single stamp. :/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a, um, big disparity between what I ordered and what's being shipped to me, unless they're doing separate shipments for certain items.

What I ordered

quote:

Here's the stuff you ordered:
2013 Core Set x10
Dungeon Decor x4
Dragon Hatchlings x2
Under the Sea x2
Bag O' Bases Small x1
Bag O' Bases Medium x1
Bag O' Bases Large x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
Lords of Darkness x2
Mouslings x6
Unleash the Kraken! x10
Oh, Rats! x5
Heroes and Villains x2
Gelatinous Cube x1
Water Elementals x2
Hill Giants x2
Numenera Monsters x2
Mashaaf, Great Old One x10
Khanjira, the World Breaker x10
Dragons Don't Share x6
Cadirith x2
Expansion Set 1 x5
Expansion Set 2 x5

What I just got an email saying is en route for

quote:

You're getting:
Expansion Set 2 x5
Expansion Set 1 x5
Cadirith x2
Dragons Don't Share x6
Numenera Monsters x2
Hill Giants x2
Water Elementals x2
Gelatinous Cube x1
Heroes and Villains x2
Unleash the Kraken! x10
Mouslings x6
Lords of Darkness x2
Narthrax Dragon x1
Bag O' Bases Large x1
Bag O' Bases Medium x1
Bag O' Bases Small x1
Under the Sea x2
Dragon Hatchlings x2
Dungeon Decor x4
2013 Core Set x10

Are Khanjira and Mashaaf parts of separate shipments later or something, or did they just forget to send them?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

With an order that big, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did it in multiple shipments.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, but you'd think there'd be a note that it wasn't everything, the way the email sounds it seems like they just forgot some stuff with no indication otherwise.

Earthorn
Jul 18, 2012

lilljonas posted:

I got my shipping message an hour ago (international, wave 6). Be careful to compare them with your initial pledge, I only ordered three items (Core Set, Beast mode, Oh Rats!), and according to the shipping message they stll missed the Oh Rats! set.

Captain Invictus posted:

Are Khanjira and Mashaaf parts of separate shipments later or something, or did they just forget to send them?

My email was also missing Oh,Rats and Khanjira.

Apparently there was a problem with the email parser, so items with commas in their name ("Oh, Rats!" or "Khanjira, the Worldbreaker") were not included in emails.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Earthorn posted:

My email was also missing Oh,Rats and Khanjira.

Apparently there was a problem with the email parser, so items with commas in their name ("Oh, Rats!" or "Khanjira, the Worldbreaker") were not included in emails.

That's odd, because I got both of those and they were listed just fine and dandy in my email on day one.

Earthorn
Jul 18, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

That's odd, because I got both of those and they were listed just fine and dandy in my email on day one.

For whatever reason, this problem only seems to have happened today (to many people).

Reaperbryan posted:

OFFICIAL:

We have found the problem. There was a problem in part of the code that was parsing the array containing the list of items sent that was going Kablooie on commas within the strings.

Kit has shut down the offending parser, and we are now working on getting e-mail generation restored with proper parsing, free of Kablooies.

All indications are that the items were correctly pulled, and there is nothing any of you need to do but sit an wait for your parcels.

This does mean that for a short time tonight, until it is fixed, there will not be an e-mail from Reaper indicating shipment, only one (potentially) from the carrier.

We will work to get those e-mails going out again as fast as possible, and are very sorry for the confusion caused.

An official Update will go out later this evening with a full status report and instructions for those who do not read these forums. In the meantime, anyone wishing to curry favor is welcome to re-port this information in the KS comments.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
Seems like I am not the only wave 1 Canadian person to not have gotten any emails/confirmation yet. I am not really worried but it would be nice to have some feedback.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
The mouselings are super tiny adorable, guys. They're seriously like 15mm tall.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got my box today! Every bag/box is correct, now time to tear them all open and lick inventory the bits.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Everything looks in order! And on that note, have some lovely cell phone glamour pics:

My add-ons:

Expansion #1:

Base Set:

Khanjira:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You're ahead of me, but here's what I got in the Core Set:

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be the case, but I got 4x the same bugbear and 4x the same gnoll (along with 3 each of 3 different bugbears and 3 different gnolls). One of the duplicate bugbears is missing his shield.

I still have to verify it against the list to see if I'm missing anything else. I've got two miniatures with their parts not glued in, which is fine, and a handful where the part that is glued in isn't done very well... in one or two cases I'll clean up with filler, and in one or two I'll likely wind up pulling apart the join to try and get a better one.

I want to unpack some more but it's bedtime so, more tomorrow.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
The 4x Bugbear and Gnoll are from the bonus minis are part of the bonus minis, along with 4x mummies, ghouls, spiders and beetles. For the shield, as with any other missing parts, send Reaper an e-mail once fulfillment is done and they're ready to start correcting mistakes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

quote:

Multiple Packages

37.50 lbs

:getin:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

RIP Captain Invictus, crushed under an avalanche of white plastic

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Turns out my UPS tracking number (coming to the UK) still isn't activated or whatever, I just have the tracking number and that's it, nothing's actually been shipped out. That's OK though, last night I was showing my D&D group all the Bones 1 stuff I have so I could find a character model and not a single one is painted yet.

Still wish I'd had the funds to get the standard Bones 2 box, though, and the paint sets. I got all the available paints in the Bones 1 KS.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Now I'm curious if they'll continue with these kickstarters. I know they did the mecha kickstarter last year, but have anyone heard about a "real" Bones III?

E: Either way, Bones I+II and Dungeon Saga will make for a huuuuge dungeon crawl this autumn.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They still have a massive back catalog of metal miniatures. It would make sense to keep doing the kickstarters if this is proving to be an economical way of converting metal to plastic, and if the bones minis are selling reasonably well in stores/on their website post-kickstarter. I suspect they are, or I doubt Bones II would have been a thing.

Bones are not the be-all end-all, though. The detail is definitely degraded... not by a ton, but noticeably. I don't know if Reaper wants to go all-in on Bones, or if they want to maintain a line of higher-detail, but much more expensive, metal figures in perpetuity.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

RIP Captain Invictus, crushed under an avalanche of white plastic

Oh...oh gently caress, I didn't click the dropdown menu. It's not 37.50lbs, that's only one of them

quote:

UPS Ground 34.30 LBS
UPS Ground 37.50 LBS
UPS Ground 17.60 LBS
UPS Ground 18.10 LBS
:pusheen:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hahaha! NICE KNOWING YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I really need to lock in my pledge. Anyone have any photos of the Minotaur demon dude, especially a scale photo?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

No but he is awesome and you should do that.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

That's only like 135 pounds, what are you wimps so worried about :smug:

Leperflesh posted:

They still have a massive back catalog of metal miniatures. It would make sense to keep doing the kickstarters if this is proving to be an economical way of converting metal to plastic, and if the bones minis are selling reasonably well in stores/on their website post-kickstarter. I suspect they are, or I doubt Bones II would have been a thing.

Bones are not the be-all end-all, though. The detail is definitely degraded... not by a ton, but noticeably. I don't know if Reaper wants to go all-in on Bones, or if they want to maintain a line of higher-detail, but much more expensive, metal figures in perpetuity.

I suspect there will always be figures so niche they aren't economical to tool for in plastic, but worth having in metal. Of course, that's considering them in a vacuum. Kickstarters, for example, let them get the general audience to pay for niche stuff by bundling it in with poo poo that everyone wants.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Haha, one of my buddies apparently got accidentally sent 2x his original order. He's sending the other half back to them, pending a shipping label.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ritorix posted:

It begins.

I'm starting with easy stuff. :colbert:

What is this thing? I can't find it anywhere on the KS page

• Locked thread