Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

I was ready to do a system transfer but now I'm sending this fucker back. Isn't this why amazon refuses to sell their hardware? How hard is it to hire QA?

Take a picture of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
put your dick on it and take a picture and then say the weight of your dick cracked the screen of the nintendo

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Liquid Penguins posted:

I was ready to do a system transfer but now I'm sending this fucker back. Isn't this why amazon refuses to sell their hardware? How hard is it to hire QA?

I think you just got unlucky. Call Nintendo direct and I'm sure they'll replace it ASAP for you and maybe you'll get a free game out of it or something.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Liquid Penguins posted:

Got a new 3ds in the mail and there is a giant scratch in the center of the top screen the second I open it. What the gently caress?

Sounds like you didn't practice your screwing.

Seriously though, Call Nintendo.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Liquid Penguins posted:

Amazon? Hahaha. Look up any electronics on amazon and click the 1 star reviews they are all DOA or hosed up products. That happens with electronics, hate to say. Sit happens dude. Return it.

Lol amazon being too high and mighty to sell loving Gameboys.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Sorry I don't have any pictures to laugh at, it's already back in the box.

Thank you to everyone who said to call Nintendo, they were very polite and I was able to schedule a repair in under 5 minutes. Now I just have to wait 3 more weeks :/

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

Sorry I don't have any pictures to laugh at, it's already back in the box.

Thank you to everyone who said to call Nintendo, they were very polite and I was able to schedule a repair in under 5 minutes. Now I just have to wait 3 more weeks :/

I did want to laugh at it but I'm glad Nintendo got you sorted out.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kewpuh posted:

put your dick on it and take a picture and then say the weight of your dick cracked the screen of the nintendo

3DS Goop

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Thanks goons, you have conviced me to waste more money and get a New 3DS. Of course it wont let me update the drat thing to do a system transfer. Thanks!!

Edit: Worked the second I whined about it on the internet. Thanks!!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Tried out the new pokemans swap 3 game, I'm never going to put money into it but it's a fun time waster.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone know why this was called the "New' 3ds, rather than just the 3ds ZL or something?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone know why this was called the "New' 3ds, rather than just the 3ds ZL or something?

Same reason it's a Wii U and not Super Wii or something.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Waltzing Along posted:

From the company that brought you the Wii and a completely different console called the Wii U.

Skeezy posted:

Same reason it's a Wii U and not Super Wii or something.

To be fair though, can you imagine the jokes if they did call it the Super Wii?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I feel like the name probably works a lot better in Japan, I was expecting them to change it to something else for the rest of the world

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Help Im Alive posted:

I feel like the name probably works a lot better in Japan, I was expecting them to change it to something else for the rest of the world

That makes a lot of sense actually.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The rear end Stooge posted:

That's pretty much exactly what it is. It feels weird at first, but I got used to it really quickly and now have no trouble with extremely precise aiming in Snake Eater.

Snake Eater doesn't run any better on the N3DS, does it? I had heard the framerate on it is garbage, and I assume they will never actually patch it to take advantage of the extra cores, but the new system has twice the RAM so maybe it performs slightly better? Maybe? :pray:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fuzz posted:

Snake Eater doesn't run any better on the N3DS, does it? I had heard the framerate on it is garbage, and I assume they will never actually patch it to take advantage of the extra cores, but the new system has twice the RAM so maybe it performs slightly better? Maybe? :pray:

no

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Even though they system has 2x ram, the game doesn't know that and will use the normal 3ds ram amount. It would need to be patched for the extra cores and ram.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The framerate is acceptable, but not garbage. Except for the demo -- the demo's of an earlier build and the framerate is complete garbage there.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Wait, why are the shutting down Club Nintendo? - That's literally the only reason I buy new games, and not pre-owned ones :smith:

e: stay salty, faggots.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 18, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

eightysixed posted:

Wait, why are the shutting down Club Nintendo? :smith:

stay salty, faggots.

So they can replace it with something better and more integrated with their current online infrastructure

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So annoyed that I found a few unredeemed Club Nintendo codes from a few random Wii games, but they are listed as 'expired' and give no coins now. Ugh, I just wanted to get some more coins to get one last item, as the 75 coins I got can't get poo poo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can anyone confirm/deny that the pokemon candy crush game gives gold?

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can anyone confirm/deny that the pokemon candy crush game gives gold?

I've gotten gold rewards during the tutorial portion.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I mean club nintendo gold

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I mean club nintendo gold

Is it a new game that was released after January 20th? If yes, then no coins are given.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It gives you coins but probably not the 300 needed for gold.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Twinbee or Xevious?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Twinbee or Xevious?

Twinbee, Xevious just repeats itself. There is no end to Xevious.

Edit: Oh wait, 3D Classics, this is the Famicom one, Twinbee doesn't end either really. But Twinbee is still better than Xevious.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 19, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If I move a non mayor Villager in New Leaf to a new town do all the house upgrade, bells, and items come along for the ride?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

MaxDuo posted:

How many are having issues? I noticed a post or two about it in the past page, but it seemed 3-4 days ago people were also posting that it had no issue with glasses. Is it just something maybe screwed up by the style/shape of the glasses and/or lighting conditions with them?

I wear glasses and every now and then it flickers and goes visibly wonky, but it's really infrequent and doesn't bother me at all because I'm too busy being all "holy poo poo 3d is amazing I love living in the future!!"

I wear both nerd-o buddy holly frames and thin frames, does't really seem to make much difference.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Twinbee, Xevious just repeats itself. There is no end to Xevious.

Edit: Oh wait, 3D Classics, this is the Famicom one, Twinbee doesn't end either really. But Twinbee is still better than Xevious.

I'll go with Twinbee then.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Well let's see if anyone has these in stock yet.

Oh
(same results for the red model)

I went through just about every store in a hundred mile radius online, and then offhand I was like "oh hey let's check Walmart" and they were all out of stock except for one store that's kind of central that turned out to have something like 7 in the display case when I went in the next morning. No idea how they managed to not sell out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh. hey, got home to find a Club Nintendo gift: the original soundtrack for Link Between Worlds. Pretty beautiful package, two discs, sheets for some of the melodies (so we can play them ourselves), and a pretty long note, sort of a Making Of from the composer (Ryo Nagamatsu). Overall, pretty satisfied. Better than some golf balls for sure.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Thanks to the goon who offered me a Kid Icarus download code. I'd take it but I like having things physical. :)

I looked on Amazon and the prices are insane for Uprising. Did they do a limited print with the game or something ?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Thanks to the goon who offered me a Kid Icarus download code. I'd take it but I like having things physical. :)

I looked on Amazon and the prices are insane for Uprising. Did they do a limited print with the game or something ?

Ran out of plastic for the system stand.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Martytoof posted:

I wear glasses and every now and then it flickers and goes visibly wonky, but it's really infrequent and doesn't bother me at all because I'm too busy being all "holy poo poo 3d is amazing I love living in the future!!"

I wear both nerd-o buddy holly frames and thin frames, does't really seem to make much difference.

The 3DS XL had this problem for me when I wore glasses. In order for the 3D effect to work for me I had to turn the 3D effect to so low that it may as well have been off. After I got corrective surgery the problem went away entirely and full power works fine for me. So it does seem to be something to do with lenses.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
it's worth calling or going in person to find one, the local target said they were sold out online but they had 7 of them on display in the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

goferchan posted:

it's worth calling or going in person to find one, the local target said they were sold out online but they had 7 of them on display in the store

Wal-Mart said they were out of stock in my area but when I went there they had 4 in stock. Scored one of the sweet red ones.